Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, boes said:

I don't think she did.  Stefan ate one but Melinda didn't, at least not that I saw.  Also, she seemed surprised by Stefan getting all horny on her.

I'm pretty sure she did eat some. Which makes it strange that she doesn't seem to be hallucinating like the others. But maybe that'll happen in today's ep.

5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I did think it was funny that when Wendy first showed up she was this very jeans and converse type of gal but lately they've been dressing her in all these hot to trot outfits. I kind of enjoyed her black mini-skirt with argyle sweater vest- kind of felt Clueless-like.

I've noticed that, too. I don't love it just because most of the other women dress like that so it was nice to have someone with a different wardrobe.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Except for a few moments (Eric/Nicole), overall today’s show made me laugh. 

Haven't watched yet. Apart from Eric and Nicole did anybody else have sex under the influence?

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Haven't watched yet. Apart from Eric and Nicole did anybody else have sex under the influence?

No.  Rafe kissed Jada without her consent. Li almost had sex with Gabi but put a stop to it when his conscience got the better of him quickly. The drug wore off before Stefano had sex with Melinda. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Absolutely loved this episode. 

They should make Rafe addicted to this drug because GG was on fire today.

Struggling to understand why Talia would want to drug random people and why she felt she needed all the cloak and dagger to spike her own biscuit dough. She had quite the evil look on her face, too. I'm very intrigued by this.

• Like 9

Maybe don’t leave your dough just sitting out all night when anyone can touch it.   You know how security is.  
I guess talia has a key but still.  
Everyone is hallucinating their true love and Rafe sees duke?

did EJ have any biscuits?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I liked Johnny and Chanel, they should marry again.

Wendy was just kissing and planning a date with Tripp so why she so concerned with Johnny. 

I did laugh at Rafe seeing Duke as Sloan. 

• Like 5

I found the show funny, except for the Eric and Nicole part. Neither really consented to doing anything. The banana camera was funny. Sloan can feel what she wants when she walked in on them. They were both drugged and did not make an informed choice. I would be on the warpath to test the biscuits and find the actual toxin.

Why would Talia need to be sneaky and visit the bakery at 3 am or so to drug the dough? As a doctor, she could easily find a faster acting hallucinogen.

Rafe’s true love is Duke? Sloan made a good Duke. A tall Duke with a head. He was more lifelike and entertaining. 

Johnny, why ask Chanel to marry you again? Wait a bit. Wendy hasn’t even gone out with Tripp the Drip and she has no idea if you are into her or just using her for company.

Li, you could have pretended to be Stefan. Melinda must have been horrified.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

That was a wacky episode, for sure!  Rafe hugging Duke was hysterical.  And then Johnny was so loopy & just full of eagerness to marry Chanel.  Eric thinking he was in a priest uniform was funny & Nicole asking Eric if he had to talk to the Pope about taking it off.  Nicole calling Sloan "Sloany-Baloney" is always funny.  I am very interested in what Talia's motive is for poisoning the biscuits?  Maybe that is why she is Not a doctor right now, maybe she poisoned patients at a Hospital, Chanel did not do a good job vetting Talia before hiring her.   The Hallucinations shook things up & moved some characters around, which makes for good storylines.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

It was a fun episode, but the only major event was Eric and Nicole having sex for the first time ... this week. And wasn't Nicole drugged and horny a few weeks back, but EJ didn't take advantage of her. Leave the poor woman alone.

The two funniest things was of course Rafe and his Duke fantasy, and while everyone else saw the one they loved, Melinda just wanted to commit murder.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I was impressed that Li didn’t take advantage of Gabi. Good for him for pulling back and taking her to the hospital. 

Me too and I hope Gabi realizes how lucky she is that she was not with someone who could have totally taken advantage of her.    

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Me too and I hope Gabi realizes how lucky she is that she was not with someone who could have totally taken advantage of her.    

Like her amazing Stefan.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Besides Brady and John and John and Marlena,  I didn't enjoy any of the pairings today.

Have Cin already left Salem? I'd much rather have seen a Marlena and Ben reunion scene. Marlena and Alex did nothing for me. It makes sense why Marlena would smile and be giddy with Ben. It doesn't with Alex.

AK/Stephanie's voice never has a sense of urgency. Her father's missing, Harris tried to kill her, her shoes are untied all have the same bland and apathetic tone.

I used to like SH's Kristen, but she's changed the way she portrays her. Something about her feels almost like 1966 Catwoman to me. She always seems like she's about to hiss at her screen partner. 

Bo/Steve/Kayla are just boring and redundant. I wonder if Bo and VK's Ciara would have good father-and-daughter chemistry. At this point, I guess we'll never know.

So now, Hope has seen Ciara, Steve, John, Harris, Stephanie, and Chad, yet she still hasn't seen Shawn. Has she even acknowledged Shawn's existence?

• Like 4

I don't think they have been to Salem yet. So far, everyone has been in Baltimore and Greece, so Ben hasn't had a chance to reunite with his beloved Doc. I guess that's why Alex is seeing her for his issues. Whatever. But, I think that's why Shawn hasn't seen his mother yet.

• Like 5

Now that you mention it, I do remember Ciara saying she and Ben were in Baltimore. For me, the bigger issue is the show going out of its way to indicate Hope and Shawn aren't speaking. Shawn had some dialogue stating he hadn't spoken to Hope in months before her return to the show. Hope didn't know about Marlena, Hope, and Kayla's deaths until John and Steve informed her. Shawn and Andrew's scene indicated Shawn still hadn't spoken to Hope. Today's episode shows that Hope has access to her cell phone and Chad and Stephanie knew exactly where she was.

It's odd to me that the show is giving us direct dialogue that Hope and Shawn aren't talking when Hope doesn't appear to be undercover anymore. I can't even remember any dialogue of Hope even acknowledging Shawn, but maybe there was some in her scene with Ciara.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Now that you mention it, I do remember Ciara saying she and Ben were in Baltimore. For me, the bigger issue is the show going out of its way to indicate Hope and Shawn aren't speaking. Shawn had some dialogue stating he hadn't spoken to Hope in months before her return to the show. Hope didn't know about Marlena, Hope, and Kayla's deaths until John and Steve informed her. Shawn and Andrew's scene indicated Shawn still hadn't spoken to Hope. Today's episode shows that Hope has access to her cell phone and Chad and Stephanie knew exactly where she was.

It's odd to me that the show is giving us direct dialogue that Hope and Shawn aren't talking when Hope doesn't appear to be undercover anymore. I can't even remember any dialogue of Hope even acknowledging Shawn, but maybe there was some in her scene with Ciara.

Perhaps even Hope is bored to death by Shawn.  Though, you'd think she'd have built up a healthy immunity to dumb after all those years having to call her aged half-sister Julie, "Mom" and pretend she wasn't dumb as a post and as loud as a misfiring foghorn.

Families, man, who can figure them out??

• LOL 10

How did everyone get to Greece so quickly? Bo goes fishing to get dinner, won’t kill Steve.

Brady hangs up on the collect call, talks to his dad about Kristen poisoning Rachel against just about everyone, and then decides to take her call.

Kristen and Megan bond. I thought Kristen surmised that Bo Brady may be alive.

Harris ends up at Victor’s house. Steph and Chad arrive in Athens and someone is watching them through the plant decor.

Alex seeks counseling from Dr. Evans….. sigh.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Alex's therapy session with Marlena was boring....I did like Kristen & Megan's sisterly bonding...they are 2 of a kind.  And the red wine running down Bo's face was funny.  That's what I got out of today's show

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Steph and Chad arrive in Athens and someone is watching them through the plant decor.

So they just walk into an empty warehouse?  No one on duty?  No locks?  Sure, sounds reasonable.  

Off topic, but why on earth did Chad and Stephanie decide to dress in matching brown.  That particular color is rarely flattering on anyone and it certainly wasn't on either one of them.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

So they just walk into an empty warehouse?  No one on duty?  No locks?  Sure, sounds reasonable.  

Off topic, but why on earth did Chad and Stephanie decide to dress in matching brown.  That particular color is rarely flattering on anyone and it certainly wasn't on either one of them.

I noticed the film quality looked different in the warehouse scenes. There would be guards, locks, maybe a dog or two, perhaps lasers, cameras, etc. Who is taking care of the kids?

• Like 3

Xander and Chloe had some good comedy moments. Him knocking the drugged biscuit from her and the dart accident. He was lucky that she didn’t draw a lot of blood.

Brady goes all the way to the prison to hear some explosive news from Kristen and… nothing.

Chad and Steph capture Thomas Banks, who was apparently tailing them. Banks did have some good one liners, including mean, mean mean. Nice to see Eileen again.

Of course, the police station surveillance video showing Bo as Shane got wiped out. A dark haired man is a really good description.

Harris shows up, finds Bo, who talks him in to keeping his identity a secret from Hope.

• Like 6

Xander and Chloe are so sparkly together. It reminds me a bit of the really surprising and fun chem that Gabi and Phillip had. I'm OK with Xander/Chloe just staying friends but I hope they actually continue to share scenes together instead of them just being dropped when Sarah inevitably comes back.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Xander and Chloe are so sparkly together. It reminds me a bit of the really surprising and fun chem that Gabi and Phillip had. I'm OK with Xander/Chloe just staying friends but I hope they actually continue to share scenes together instead of them just being dropped when Sarah inevitably comes back.

I agree about Xander/Chloe. There's just something about Chloe and a Kiriakis man that is irresistible. LOL. Watching today, I wondered what was the point of Chloe/Stefan. The show made a somewhat big deal of the two sleeping together for New Year's, but it's April and Chloe doesn't seem to be pregnant.

Speaking of Stefan, Stefan and Melinda seemed like a chem test, and for me, they passed. I liked Melinda feeling like a real character, and I liked seeing Stefan smile. A Dimera and a DA love affair, in theory, could have storyline potential, but I wouldn't want the show to turn Melinda into a villain. I'm curious about these two, but I'm cautious because I do like Melinda as a character.

I officially hate Chanel. I'm not certain how a story about her being targeted and the victim of a pervy professor somehow makes Chanel so utterly unlikeable to me. I wish the actress would approach scenes regarding Sloan differently, but at this point, she's also justified in her anger. I just really want this storyline to be over.

I'm going to immediately contradict myself because I do like the poison biscuits and Talia being treacherous. I am curious about Talia's motives, and I do like that we the audience know that Sloan is innocent.  I also like how the biscuits are another point of reference for Eric in his growing distrust of Sloan.

I like Eric and Sloan. I like that Sloan obviously likes Eric, but she also displays a level of self-respect that seems rare on Soaps. She isn't groveling, or telling Eric she'll be a better person, or promising to stop her vendetta against Chanel/Paulina. She tells Eric who she is, what she wants, how she plans to get it, and to either get with the program or let her go. While she has a lot of similarities with Nicole, I actually think Sloan's self-respect is what so drastically distinguishes her from Nicole. This is a Soap and Sloan is an antagonist, so I'm certain I'll eat my words. However, I can't imagine Sloan debasing herself for Eric in the ways that Nicole has for Eric, Daniel, and EJ. Again, I'm certain I'll eat my words.

I'm convinced EJ hallucinated the copy machine as being Sami, hence the nude photos as he believed he was making love to his Samnanther.

Lastly, how does news get around Salem? Xander knew yesterday about the biscuits but Chloe had no idea. Granted, Chloe said she was running errands, so there's at least some excuse. However, Nicole and Eric still seemingly had no idea at the beginning of the episode, yet EJ knew in the midst of trying to email his employees and the board his fanny side nudes. 

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I figure even the Nicole/Eric fans are tired of the merry-go-round. Like, how many years has this been going on?!

A quarter of a century now! (Since the show just had all the Nicole/Eric flashbacks honoring Arianne Zuker for 25 years, etc.!)

• Like 4

I can't imagine E.J. understanding. He's not an understanding man, and he's vindictive and lacks both a moral compass and restraint. Nicole also has a long history of lying to E.J. starting with Sydney/Grace. The two also have a volatile history where they've loved each other just as intensely as they've hated each other.

I find it in character for Nicole to lie to E.J. I'll also find it in character for E.J. to seek vengeance against Nicole and Eric.  I can't imagine he'll care about the drugging because he isn't a moral and understanding man.

Additionally, Nicole reassured E.J. several weeks ago, in real-time not Salem time, that she was completely over Eric, and she was completely devoted to E.J. I imagine that will only fuel E.J.'s motivation to seek retribution.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I can't imagine E.J. understanding. He's not an understanding man, and he's vindictive and lacks both a moral compass and restraint. Nicole also has a long history of lying to E.J. starting with Sydney/Grace. The two also have a volatile history where they've loved each other just as intensely as they've hated each other.

I will dispute that he loved her intensely (or even really loved) someone that was always his consolation prize when he couldn't have who he really wanted. When they first met, he used her (and paid her) to make Sami jealous. If Nicole never turned up pregnant that first time, he would have eventually moved on. He only wanted to marry her that 2nd time because Sami married Rafe and claimed he need a new mother for Johnny and Sydney while he was secretly lusting after Taylor.

Now hating Nicole intensely? Yes. He and I share that in common.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

How convenient that Talia did not turn on the security camera.

I want to like Chanel, but she is being stupid. Did she actually call anyone who knew Talia to get a job reference? I would be curious why a medical doctor would want to work in a small bakery. Volunteering, sure.

Abe, not your business if anything happened to Rafe and Jada when under the biscuit influence.

I enjoyed Melinda and Stefan.

Poor Li. And Gabi, being so cold to want the shares.

Sloan, you are being set up. That hallucinogen also seemed to be some sort of designer drug. Who would have access to that? At least some part of a Eric sees you for who you are and not most women in his life who he wanted to change.

Nicole, you should tell EJ that you and Eric happened under the influence of the hallucinogen. He may not be understanding but he will wish to get revenge on the culprit. Eric just as easily could have been Xander or Alex or Dr. Rolf.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Gabi is one stone cold bitch. After Li graciously let her go, she STILL had the balls to ask for his Dimera shares.

I think the way they both sort of smirked when she said that let us know it was obvious between the two of them that she was making a joke.  They both apologized to each other for what they had done to hurt the other (a VERY rare occurrence on this show - two people actually having the maturity to acknowledge their bad behavior) and were parting, while not as friends at least not as enemies.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nicole lied to EJ so they can continue the Nicole/Eric merry-go-round that I don't think a single person wants. End it, show!

And, of course, rather than go behind a closed door, into the bedroom she was LITERALLY standing in front of, she has her private conversation in. the. hall.  A public space where anyone can overhear her talk.  Definitely NOT using the Salem brain today.

I wouldn't mind a friendship between Stefan and Melinda - they work really well with each other.  I think this show needs more friendships, especially between members of the opposite sex.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I think the way they both sort of smirked when she said that let us know it was obvious between the two of them that she was making a joke.  They both apologized to each other for what they had done to hurt the other (a VERY rare occurrence on this show - two people actually having the maturity to acknowledge their bad behavior) and were parting, while not as friends at least not as enemies.

This. The Gabi/Li scenes were fantastic and rare for this show.

I think this show needs more friendships ...

YES! 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

If they can't find something else for Gabi to do other than scheme to get DE, than the writers need to have her take a trip to visit her daughter or something. These same stories have become boring and repetitive.

• Like 1
  • Applause 11
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

If they can't find something else for Gabi to do other than scheme to get DE, than the writers need to have her take a trip to visit her daughter or something. These same stories have become boring and repetitive.

I completely agree. I think Gabi feels out of place right now on the show. She doesn't fit in with the EJ/Nicole/Brady/Chloe crowd and she doesn't fit with the Wendy/Talia/Johnny/Tripp/Chanel crowd. Chad always brings out the worst in Gabi's character, and she would be used to prop Stephanie the same way she propped Abby. I think she needs a rest.

Is this the first time Anna and Nicole acknowledged the Sydney situation? I wasn't watching regularly during Anna's 2017 return, so I've been curious if the Sydney/Nicole/EJ/Anna/Sami history has ever been explored. Did we ever find out who kidnapped Anna at the end of the Sydney arc? All that to say, there's no reason why Nicole should ever trust Anna. Nicole should have had this conversation with Brady or Chloe. Anna is not a confidante for Nicole.

Tripp should get a restraining order against Wendy. I don't even like Tripp, but I was honestly concerned for his safety. Why does Wendy think it's okay to travel to Seattle without any warning or notice because a man she's not even dating proposed to someone else? Wendy seriously came off as unhinged, and Tripp should not have been understanding. I started off liking Wendy, but she has become shockingly pathetic.

Did Paulina really show up for a 3-minute cameo? That was odd. Also, shouldn't Sloane have some type of lawsuit against the city since Paulina admitted the mayor, her husband,  rescinded a restraining order solely so Paulina, his wife, can immediately harass the woman who filed the restraining order? I'm not certain why Sloane is supposed to be the villain in this story. Paulina's actions, with several witnesses, should be all the proof Sloane needs for another restraining order and impeachment of Mayor Carver.

I know the show is short on sets, but it's odd that two men who are drugging each other are living together. It's odd that Nicole wants to live there after being accidentally drugged by Stefan and with a woman, Anna, who assaulted her. It's odd that Gabi wants to live there with E.J. who stole the house from her, offscreen with no actual explanation to the audience. It's just odd.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I absolutely adore Anna and would not trust her with any secrets.   Hoping they are not setting up something Up wrong with Tony and Anna.  
 Awe Eric and Sloan are going steady.   

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Paulina been horrible from start, let her go and save some budget. Throw her in jail. 

Wendy and Trip really are drip.  They should bring Sydney for him and make her a bad real Dimera. 

Anna thinks her wine drinking and lamp shade is on the same as Nicole cheating with Eric.  Nicole should know better. 

Didn't Stefan never even meet Stefano? He's talking about how it's his father's house and what Stefano valued. EJ was the golden child, kick Gabi out. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1