Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Montego Baes

• Start Topic

As Sanya continues to host the group trip in Jamaica, Kenya is not impressed with her hosting skills; Kandi has a hard time moving past her conflict with Marlo; everyone is over the drama when Drew races herself into another injury.

Airdate: 08.14.2022

On 8/11/2022 at 8:16 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 08.14.2022

Kenya's not impressed and neither am I. Why is Andy Paying Kenya, when she is late to every outing, or refuses to do what is asked of her, or complains of the activity, and is rude or defensive around the others. She goes on about Mark as though she's a victim, when she should just stop the communication and divorce the man. Mark has shown he's not interested in Brooklyn, but he is interested in making Kenya's life hell.

If K wasn't on the show I wouldn't even notice. Usually she's tucked away with Brooklyn in some room. So between Sanya choosing to show an Olympian's childhood home and track (to a group that never requested this bragging tour)... to Kenya turning her nose up at everything.

Both of them can leave. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:16 AM, TexasGal said:
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

WHY was Drew running?  Didn't she JUST get out of a boot after having surgery??  What a dipsy doodle.  Might just need to give that girl a little knock on the back of the head, while buying her a walker.  She's gonna need one for the rest of her life if she isn't careful.  She obviously ISN'T careful!

Kinda liking Kenya this year mainly because... MARLO.  She's RUNNING ahead of Kenya in the shitass department so far this year. WHO KNEW??

Sheree and that poor old "She by Sheree" crap.  Give it up. Stick a fork in it. DONE.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Kenya's not impressed and neither am I. Why is Andy Paying Kenya, when she is late to every outing, or refuses to do what is asked of her, or complains of the activity, and is rude or defensive around the others. She goes on about Mark as though she's a victim, when she should just stop the communication and divorce the man. Mark has shown he's not interested in Brooklyn, but he is interested in making Kenya's life hell.

If K wasn't on the show I wouldn't even notice. Usually she's tucked away with Brooklyn in some room. So between Sanya choosing to show an Olympian's childhood home and track (to a group that never requested this bragging tour)... to Kenya turning her nose up at everything.

She's a vengeful brat who likes torturing people around her. She got a bit of goodwill this season, but her real persona is oozing back out. She held up the first bus knowing damn well she wasn't coming down, stringing Sanya and the group along for 45 minutes.

Likewise I hated the way Kenya kept running away from Marlo during that previous episode. Kenya is so amused with herself and enjoys these childish games she plays with people. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I don’t know what Drew was trying to prove by running.  I felt like Sanya was trying to embarrass her by giving her a shirt she knew would be too snug.  
Good for Kandi for not engaging Marlo. 
Did Kenya say Brooklynn was upset about seeing Marc? That is not a good sign. It seems like Kenya is pushing too hard for a daddy/daughter relationship. 
That whole thing about being uninvited to the iFit event seemed bogus. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Axie said:

I’m confused. I must have missed something. Why does Drew have tattoos up her arm in some scenes but not others. Is that some kind of fashion thing?

It's henna, I liked it, you can have beautiful artwork on your body without the full on commitment of a real tattoo. 

They are in a beautiful tropical place and they all wear black spandex, spandex in general in hot weather, I could not do it and spandex is not really flattering on all body types yet it is a mainstay of wardrobes, ugh.

Does Drew know that it is not "Utahagen," it is "Uta Hagen," a Tony award winning German stage actress who taught a lot of well known actors back in the day. 

Kenya using her child and marital/divorce discourse once again, yawn.

Any HW that fails to make call time should be docked pay, it is their job and like in the real world if you are habitually late there are consequences, right? 

Why did Marlo run that race in her underwear? Why did Marlo wear that awful black stripped onsie to dinner?

Kenya loved the drinks on that boat, she was actually fun.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Chalby said:

You're absolutely right. Kenya needs to be kicked off the show, so she can raise Brooklyn, full-time.

She refuses to do her job and uses her baby or Marc being an asshole as an excuse.

Kenya needs to accept that Marc was just a good-looking sperm donor and he looked at her as a way to make some bank and get a little exposure.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Mad props to all the people at the dinner table managing to look interested while Ralph read from "his" book. Ralph's vanity press publisher, 13th and Joan, offers ghost writing services. I suspect that brew of over used cliches and motivational gibberish was a sample.

Note to Ross: You said what you had to say. You need to let it rest. Drop the toxic masculinity and don't get all up in woman's bidness. You see how well that worked for Will Smith. Your wife is a grown-up. She can defend herself.

Hats off to Todd. Marlo tried to insult Kandi by insulting Todd. Todd didn't say a word and let Kandi handle it. I find myself kind of liking Todd lately.

I thought I was going to like Sanya but she's been a shit stirring disappointment. No, Sanya, Kenya is not always using her marriage as an excuse. There were two examples. The first was an explanation of why what you said to Kenya was triggering. You reminded her of her abusive husband. Get over yourself and maybe listen with sensitivity. As for the second instance, I'm not sure what Kenya is trying to do with Brooklyn and Marc is a good idea, but that doesn't mean she's not making a legitimate effort to do what she thinks is right.

You know who uses her past as an excuse? Marlo. She brought up the foster care thing again in this episode. We know the foster care system is not the best, but being in it doesn't guarantee trauma. Marlo isn't obligated to provide details of her situation, but a few words about what she experienced would give her some credibility. Right now she's just whining. I enjoyed having less Marlo in this episode. Here's another vote for depeaching her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Kenya's so disrespectful of other people's time. And Kandi stays making excuses for and defending her. 

Drew did not win that race. lol

"Fashion presentation"? Oh Sheree… 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 8

Kenya on Twitter called out production for using her first day in the room walking around like it was the same day as the trip.. (she has on the same outfit)

my thing is didn’t sayna  invite them to meet her at 930am then just not show at all? And why didn’t she AFTER the shoot return a phone call or text? It just seems super sus 

• Love 3

Hey, did you know that Sanya is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Thought I would do a PSA, in case she didn’t mention it in the last 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

Fashion presentation"? Oh Sheree… 

I busted out laughing when she said that. She frustrates me because I would like to see her succeed but I don’t think she has the drive to run a business.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

Hey, did you know that Sanya is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Thought I would do a PSA, in case she didn’t mention it in 5d last 5 minutes.

She is???  Has she ever mentioned where she was born?

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Hey, did you know that Sanya is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Thought I would do a PSA, in case she didn’t mention it in the last 5 minutes.

I busted out laughing when she said that. She frustrates me because I would like to see her succeed but I don’t think she has the drive to run a business.

The only thing Sheree has done is come up with that name "She by Sheree".  That's the total amount of work she's been able to muster up so far.  And she came up with THAT at least 8 years ago!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

It is interesting that Kenya was able to leave Brooklyn behind when she went on The Ultimate Girls Trip...and yet on this show, she takes her with her everywhere.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

It is interesting that Kenya was able to leave Brooklyn behind when she went on The Ultimate Girls Trip...and yet on this show, she takes her with her everywhere.

Are we sure she didn't take her? I cant see her leaving her child on another continent while she was gone for a week 

• Fire 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

The only thing Sheree has done is come up with that name "She by Sheree".  That's the total amount of work she's been able to muster up so far.  And she came up with THAT at least 8 years ago!

You're not giving her enough credit! She also had a meeting with the late Mychael Knight and totally dismissed his foolish notion that a designer should know how to sketch and sew.

• Sad 3
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

You're not giving her enough credit! She also had a meeting with the late Mychael Knight and totally dismissed his foolish notion that a designer should know how to sketch and sew.

I didn't know that Mychael Knight died. I had to check. So sad. He was talented and nice. I watched his season on Project Runway. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

RIP Mycheal Knight.

As if we needed further confirmation that Sheree is lazy. She wants someone else to do the nitty gritty grunt work while she sits back and collects a check. She by Sheree is supposed to be passive income for her. Meanwhile, Kandi has "BITCH, I'M WORLDWIDE!" merch coming out shortly. If Sheree were enterprising, not only would She by Sheree have been out by now, but she would've picked Kandi's brain and asked to meet her business contacts. 

Sheree will forever be a day late and a dollar short. 

On 8/15/2022 at 6:11 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Good for Kandi for not engaging Marlo. 

Agreed. The best way to deal with a narcissist is to ignore them. Bravo made a big mistake giving Marlo a peach. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

RIP Mycheal Knight.

As if we needed further confirmation that Sheree is lazy. She wants someone else to do the nitty gritty grunt work while she sits back and collects a check. She by Sheree is supposed to be passive income for her. Meanwhile, Kandi has "BITCH, I'M WORLDWIDE!" merch coming out shortly. If Sheree were enterprising, not only would She by Sheree have been out by now, but she would've picked Kandi's brain and asked to meet her business contacts. 

Sheree will forever be a day late and a dollar short. 

Agreed. The best way to deal with a narcissist is to ignore them. Bravo made a big mistake giving Marlo a peach. 

Kandi and Sheree are opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to motivation and work ethic.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 8/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, goofygirl said:

The only thing Sheree has done is come up with that name "She by Sheree". 

At this point she needs to change the name to "Shhhhh by Sheree" and never speak of it again.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Now that you mention it, what does Kandi's tagline mean?  I never miss a beat or a bag?  What?

A beat and a bag...I never noticed Kandi having amazing handbags so I am not sure what she means by that, maybe she meant feed bag?🤔

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

A beat and a bag...I never noticed Kandi having amazing handbags so I am not sure what she means by that, maybe she meant feed bag?🤔

Money bag

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 2