Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Holy Mutt-rimony

• Start Topic

This is THE worst. It's the same arguments with the same people over and over. Austen needs a kick in the pants.

Madison is weird and Austen...see above. Neither one is mature enough to be partners let alone be friends with each other.

And dog wedding? 

• Love 7

How convenient. Ciara, of Summer and Winter House, shows up on Southern Charm. Austen should be embarrassed and obviously has no game. Somebody always has to set him up in dates and relationships.

Edited by APK
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Apparently Bravo has money to burn.

Austin is pathetic.  Does he even know what and who he wants?  He needs therapy.  Or, go back home with your parents.

Cant stand Shep anymore.  An overgrown baby Frat boy.

Shep and Austin.  Ugh.

Naomi taking Craig away from Paige for yet another talk was just too much already.  Reaching.  

END this farce of a show already.  It ain’t working.  The best cast is not here anymore.  Fini.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

Remember when Austen passed up a relationship with that beautiful girl Victoria who was really into him? He instead chose to chase after indifferent Chelsea. Now, instead of pursuing beautiful Olivia he obsesses about nasty Madison. He does need therapy. 

Pringle seems like a man’s man. Would rather see more of him than over played Austen at this point. 

I’m psyched Whitney is on a lot more. I liked the old days when there were older cast members. Thomas, JD and Whitney had more interesting stories. 

• Love 8

I grew up in Detroit. My employment has now taken me to Florida. Geographically, Florida is part of the south, however I have noticed the ladies in Florida don’t have the delightful southern accent you find in South Carolina. Is Olivia the best southern girl of the current Southern Charm cast? Olivia, I believe, is the most down to earth of this cast.

Edited by APK
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Madison looks good in that dress.  I didn’t realize she was so breast-y! 

ACK Whitney’s guitar playing!!! 😩

That was the absolute worst sound ever created by a human being.  He really thinks he's Jimi Hendrix or somthing.  Bless his heart~

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
To properly spell the name of an icon.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

That Naomie/Craig scene seemed like a producer set-up.  Why would anyone pull an ex away from his gf “to talk” at a group social event???  I know, that’s pretty much the Bravo way.  It sure gave Craig an opportunity to unload on her!  

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That Naomie/Craig scene seemed like a producer set-up.  Why would anyone pull an ex away from his gf “to talk” at a group social event???  I know, that’s pretty much the Bravo way.  It sure gave Craig an opportunity to unload on her!  

Yes!

Btw, is Craig hanging out in smoke-filled bars all day and night?  Are there smoke-filled bars in Charleston?  His voice is becoming more gravel-like, and he's getting more nasal by the minute!  As a former smoker of 30 years, I recognize the signs.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In case you were wondering, yes, they've run out of ideas.

That was an amazing dress!  Very mormon-y, no?

Why is the Mormon not on here with her? She is an unbearable famewhore, being in all these scenes when she supposedly has a fiancé. Why isn’t she off with him?! 

Every time she shows up onscreen they play the lame “sinister” music, lmao. Madison is a joke. 

I actually liked Whitney’s guitar because it brought me back to that rooftop 4th of July party back when the show was perfection. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Btw, is Craig hanging out in smoke-filled bars all day and night?  Are there smoke-filled bars in Charleston?  His voice is becoming more gravel-like, and he's getting more nasal by the minute!  As a former smoker of 30 years, I recognize the signs.

I know a good number of bravolebrities try to hide their smoking but from what I see with Craig I think his voice, appearance and attitude are due to excessive partying. He just looks like such a mess. And I cannot listen to him talk about how he & Paige 'decided' they wanted to be together. Craig wanted to have sex with Naomie and he wanted to appear on two Bravo shows, so he put off getting together with Paige.

1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Why is the Mormon not on here with her? She is an unbearable famewhore, being in all these scenes when she supposedly has a fiancé. Why isn’t she off with him?! 

Every time she shows up onscreen they play the lame “sinister” music, lmao. Madison is a joke. 

I actually liked Whitney’s guitar because it brought me back to that rooftop 4th of July party back when the show was perfection. 

I hate that they gave Madison more time but I was happy we didn't have to deal with too much Kathryn tonight. She sets my hair on fire. And I do miss the older seasons if this show. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Could this Mormon boyfriend be catfishing Madison?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I hate that they gave Madison more time

I'm always happy to see Madison's outfits.

6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, Madison upgraded the boobs. 

She claims to have upgraded EVERYTHING!  She always looks great.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, APK said:

Austen should be embarrassed and obviously has no game.

When Austen first came to the show I assumed he was a one-shot "friend of"...a nothing.  Was BRAVO so desperate for boring characters that they kept him and his beer and attempted to give THEM storylines?

• Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I know a good number of bravolebrities try to hide their smoking but from what I see with Craig I think his voice, appearance and attitude are due to excessive partying. He just looks like such a mess.

Bloat ~ Bloated ~ Bloating ... another Bravolebrity with a minus personality and not much of a future.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sage47 said:

She is an unbearable famewhore, being in all these scenes when she supposedly has a fiancé.

Ummm...for ancient Southern Charm history, there would be Cameran ... 

Madison has no responsibility for casting, nor creates schedules or storylines; she's happy to show up on her Bravo assignments and get a good paycheck.  She may be "unbearable" to some ... but how is she any more famewhorish than other characters on this fading "reality" television show?  Cough, cough...Leva....

• Like 2
  • Love 4

First let me say, I am a dog lover. I have three, all rescues, all under 20 pounds and I love to dress them up. Not much in Summer-too hot, but the rest if the year they are better dressed than I am. They don't mind a bit. I know some people disapprove but I promise my dogs are happy. That said. Last night whatever was left of my once absolute favorite BRAVO show completely, totally jumped the Shark. You want to do a doggie wedding in the backyard with a few friends, and their dogs, and have a little fun, go for it. But, decorating and behaving like it was a real wedding. GTFO. People sitting in the rain for that nonsense? Puhleeze. I would have been far more impressed if Patricia had donated a big check to an animal rescue. I generally like Patricia, or at least enjoy some of her shtick, but I cannot believe she was part of that. All of them, really, how embarrassing and absurd. Also, Madison is a totally vile creature and cannot be rehabilitated. Austen is a complete, total waste of air, they both just need to go away, and Madison can take her oversized new boobs with her. Honestly, between her and Kathry I think their boobs need separate credits on the show as they really are so distracting.  I have searched to find anything positive about last night. Here's what I got. Kathryn wasn't at the wedding and Charles is truly adorable.  Goodbye Southern Charm, I will miss the old show.

Edited by chlban
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, APK said:

Taylor and Naomie were guest with Andy Cohen(August 11). Taylor told Andy she’s no longer seeing Shep.

Taylor is a sweetheart.  He gave her up for what?  Hanging out like a frat boy at the bar drinking beer everyday?  Marriage does not always end in divorce.  I don’t think he could get better than Taylor.   Big mistake on him.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, chlban said:

First let me say, I am a dog lover. I have three, all rescues, all under 20 pounds and I love to dress them up. Not much in Summer-too hot, but the rest if the year they are better dressed than I am. They don't mind a bit. I know some people disapprove but I promise my dogs are happy. That said. Last night whatever was left of my once absolute favorite BRAVO show completely, totally jumped the Shark. You want to do a doggie wedding in the backyard with a few friends, and their dogs, and have a little fun, go for it. But, decorating and behaving like it was a real wedding. GTFO. People sitting in the rain for that nonsense? Puhleeze. I would have been far more impressed if Patricia had donated a big check to an animal rescue. I generally like Patricia, or at least enjoy some of her shtick, but I cannot believe she was part of that. All of them, really, how embarrassing and absurd. Also, Madison is a totally vile creature and cannot be rehabilitated. Austen is a complete, total waste of air, they both just need to go away, and Madison can take her oversized new boobs with her. Honestly, between her and KathrybI think their boobs need separate credits on the show as they really are so distracting.  I have searched to find anything positive about last night. Here's what I got. Kathryn wasn't at the wedding and Charles is truly adorable.  Goodbye Southern Charm, I will miss the old show.

YES!  One hundred times.  I am out.  Oh, and Whitney is not a musician.

• Love 4

So Shep doesn't want to get married because he's afraid of divorce and nobody in his family has ever, ever gotten a divorce. He doesn't want to be a failure. Lame ass excuse for wanting to be a man whore.  

I fast forwarded through 75% of this mess. I record all my shows in case of situations like this. 

Is Whitney still a producer on this show? That would explain why Patricia has so many scenes this season. He probably begged mommy to help him save this sinking ship. That's the only reason I can think of why the Grande Dame of Charleston agreed to embarrass herself like this. The things we do for our kids. 

• Love 9

I was watching Taylor and Naomi on another show last night and decided to check out this episode, since I haven’t been watching this season, except for one episode.  So…..what the hey happened?  It’s pretty obvious that the cast has given up.  Even if I was a fan, I’m not sure how I would respond to a show of this caliber.  So very low in every respect.  As I recall, I think the dog wedding on Real Housewives of NYC might have been the time I left that franchise too.  

• Love 4

Yea, it’s done. I barely watched; it was that dull, and the dog wedding was an insult to viewer’s intelligence. Put a fork in it. 

Making vile Madison a main attraction and then bringing in preaching Leva and Venita tanked this show. It was already getting crappy and then those three showed up. 

Shep is a sorry excuse of a person. I used to love him. Taylor is way too good for the likes of him. And is Marcie really so positive that she won’t end up divorced? She knows for a fact she’ll have wedded bliss forever? Their whole family is pompous and arrogant. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes!

I remember whether it was on the show or the reunions he was big into chewing tobacco. 

• Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, APK said:

I grew up in Detroit. My employment has now taken me to Florida. Geographically, Florida is part of the south, however I have noticed the ladies in Florida don’t have the delightful southern accent you find in South Carolina. Is Olivia the best southern girl of the current Southern Charm cast? Olivia, I believe, is the most down to earth of this cast.

Lots of people from up northeast move to Florida.  We moved from N.Y. to Fla, then back to N.Y. after 18 mos.  All our neighbors were from other northern states.  Not one family in our development was Florida born.   Olivia’s father was from upstate N.Y.  How do you like Florida?

• Love 1

Last week:  Patricia said she wants to do the doggy wedding this week.  Planner gives a mute, horrified look.  To be continued....

This week:  Planner gives look, then perkily says "we can do that."  

I guess that's what passes for a "cliff"hanger when you're that close to the Low Country....

Okay, Little Craig is bulkier than Peaches, but the cake toppers of two different scales of dog was so cheap looking, and the armadillo cake looked like a sixth grader's ceramic art project.

Ha ha, it rained.

I sure do need to see dogs pooping because it makes such a refreshing change from the vomiting I see on, for example, The Challenge.  

I really liked Whitney's (long jacket? coat?) that he wore while he and Shep walked the dogs.  Gray tweed, slim cut, with a velvet collar.  

Which is more tiresome:  Austen and all his shocked looks at Olivia's blind date and at Madison's anything, and weird gibes (that poor Jake/Zach, heh, funny mistake in Olivia's talking head, he didn't deserve whatever it was Austin said about his style), or Shep bad-mouthing marriage and weddings and anything else he could, constantly!  (cue GIF "why not both?")

When Taylor has the  talking heads where she has a lot of eye makeup/false lashes? etc. on and her hair is styled so that it curves in and then out from her shoulders, she looks like a blonde Flo from Progressive.  Pretty, but like Flo.

Edited by Jobiska
Said Craig, meant Shep
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So Shep doesn't want to get married because he's afraid of divorce and nobody in his family has ever, ever gotten a divorce. He doesn't want to be a failure. Lame ass excuse for wanting to be a man whore.  

I fast forwarded through 75% of this mess. I record all my shows in case of situations like this. 

Is Whitney still a producer on this show? That would explain why Patricia has so many scenes this season. He probably begged mommy to help him save this sinking ship. That's the only reason I can think of why the Grande Dame of Charleston agreed to embarrass herself like this. The things we do for our kids. 

Shep sure has a lot to say about a subject he claims to have no interest in. If he's choosing to remain unattached bc he knows marriage isn't for him I think that's great - he'll save some 24 year old a lot of heartache and the courts a lot of time they could better spend on other matters. But the constant objections and the dismissive, presumptive thoughts as to how others view marriage just makes him sound foolish and immature.

I absolutely think Whitney & Bravo run to Patricia for content. And I would prefer to watch her instead of most of the cast. Even though I am flummoxed by her attachment to Madison.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Which is more tiresome:  Austen and all his shocked looks at Olivia's blind date and at Madison's anything, and weird gibes (that poor Jake/Zach, heh, funny mistake in Olivia's talking head, he didn't deserve whatever it was Austin said about his style), or Craig bad-mouthing marriage and weddings and anything else he could, constantly!  (cue GIF "why not both?")

Do you mean Shep bad-mouthing marriage?    I think Craig actually said he could see himself getting married.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was watching Taylor and Naomi on another show last night and decided to check out this episode, since I haven’t been watching this season, except for one episode.  So…..what the hey happened?  It’s pretty obvious that the cast has given up.  Even if I was a fan, I’m not sure how I would respond to a show of this caliber.  So very low in every respect.  As I recall, I think the dog wedding on Real Housewives of NYC might have been the time I left that franchise too.  

The dog funeral at the East River when Sonja’s dog died?  Was there a dog wedding too, lol?  Love that franchise.

• Wink 3
18 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

When everyone was calling Olivia’s blind date handsome did they mean in comparison to Shep and Austen?  

Austen:  What and who does he want?  He thinks and acts like a jealous woman.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

When everyone was calling Olivia’s blind date handsome did they mean in comparison to Shep and Austen?

• He's VERY CUTE ... but more like a "high school cutie."  Is he THAT much younger than everyone?  He looks it.
  • Shep, at 42, seen better days.  If he quits the excessive drinking, we might want to come back to him at 55-60 and rate him.
  • Austen is often compared to a Muppet.
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Austen:  What and who does he want?  He thinks and acts like a jealous woman.

I wouldn't say "woman," ... maybe a pre-teen girl.  I'm surprised he didn't take one of his buddies and run into the bathroom to cry.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

And Gizmo!!! That cat is something!! He rides in cars!!

Sadly, Gizmo passed away. It's been mentioned in this forum in the past. Also, Naomi confirmed it on WWHL last night.

• Sad 5
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Is Whitney still a producer on this show?

Executive producers:  Aaron Rothman, Irad Eyal, Whitney Sudler-Smith, Bryan Kestner, Jason Weinberg, Jessica Chesler Morgan Miller

20 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Remember when Austen passed up a relationship with that beautiful girl Victoria who was really into him? He instead chose to chase after indifferent Chelsea. Now, instead of pursuing beautiful Olivia he obsesses about nasty Madison.

Maybe Production is running all storylines and someone (I don't know WHO) wants to keep Austen on the show.  The only way is to have him bouncing from babe to babe; otherwise he's truly irrelevant.  Olivia is too good for Austen ... too good for this show.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Thumper said:

I just LOVE that Craig doesn’t even look at Naomi while speaking to her.  

• Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

For me, Naomi is way out of Craig’s league. Not that it matters.  I think she realizes that.  And, I won’t be watching anymore.  I can’t imagine why they are still involved in this project, unless it’s the money.  I can’t argue with that I suppose.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Thumper said:

When Austin arrived, he came out of a big van.  The others were driven in the back of big SUVs so they could be filmed talking coming to the doggie wedding.

But they choreographed the entrances so one of a group of them walked in for the cameras.  For instance, Olivia and her date arriving with the other couple so Austen could notice them and ask “who’s that.”

So scripted.

Yeah fire the producer who gave Whitney a guitar solo.

Otherwise the usual manufactured couples drama.

Was Olivia really having a convo with her father while only in some slip undergarment?

Did Patricia really say “let them eat cake” without irony?

”Southern charm” apparently only means garden parties.  They barely pretend to be about the careers of the cast, not that it was ever a big thing with several cast members never having to maintain regular work hours.

• Love 4

Eh, my two favorite shows down the drain.  RH of N.Y., now Southern Charm.  What a pity.  Bravo better wake up.  We want to relax and laugh, not be lectured.  It’s been a pleasure you all.  Will miss you.

One more thing .. I’m sure the original cast reads this thread out of curiosity.  I loved them all.  Thomas, Cameron, Chelsea, the Butler, the whole old gang.  I’ll miss all the scenery of Charleston, everything.  It was a great show.  Too bad.

Edited by kristen111
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For me, Naomi is way out of Craig’s league.

I'm curious what has she done to be out of his league except have very wealthy parents? Her parents have that successful restaurant in Charleston and Naomi worked there before she met Metul, now that her dad passed away I don't know who owns it. Aside from that I don't know what else. At least Craig did graduate law school, finally pass the Bar and has his successful pillow business and store,  owns his own home and has a few other rental properties. Where does Naomi live? That house looks pretty nice, probably owned by her mother. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5