Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Private School

• Start Topic

I laughed at the gag of Nandor's face looking progressively worse every time that we saw him.  I didn't realize why at first.

The "human" outfits of the trio were hilarious.  Where did they even get those outfits?! I was not expecting for Nadja to call Guillermo "this bitch".  She comes up with the most crazy things to say.

The montage of the different pairings was funny, but I try not to think about why they included a skunk!

When the cameraman decided to follow Guillermo, I thought that we would finally see the secret boyfriend.  I wasn't expecting to see the proceeds of embezzlement.  The club is going to fold soon, if both Guillermo and Nadja keep hoarding the funds.

Edited by peridot
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I don't know why they just couldn't say that Colin had been homeschooled.  That's pretty trendy.

Apparently Sean's brain is so screwed up already that he was able to survive the constant resets.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Nothing like watching the vampires get overwhelmed playing human, and the headmaster paying the price. Sean seemed to be okay, though. I don't think there's much mind to be muddled there. Also, one of the Impractical Jokers wound up getting his neck snapped. I don't watch that show, so I wasn't horrified. I think the budget was too low to bring in one of the mooks from Jersey Shore.

Nadja's human impersonation is awesome. Ditto for Nandor and Lazlo playing couple.

• Love 3

I was so excited to see Sean again. I just hope they didn't destroy him.

I also thought we were going to see Guillermo's boyfriend.

Homeschooling would have been the perfect solution to the transcript question, but they really didn't seem to prepare at all for the interview (other than the outfits), or consider what the questions would be. Plus, it's funnier to see them struggle than to see them ace it... though maybe not. Now that I think of it, seeing them ace the interview might have been quite hilarious. Honestly, they would probably be reported to CPS once the headmaster saw the condition of the house, even if everything else went fine.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I also thought we were going to see Guillermo's boyfriend.

Are we sure that he has a boyfriend, and hasn't simply been talking to his mother? 

17 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Homeschooling would have been the perfect solution to the transcript question, but they really didn't seem to prepare at all for the interview (other than the outfits),

I meant that it would have been simpler for Guillermo to blurt out that Colin was homeschooled, than it would have been for him to have decided at that moment that he could fake a transcript.

Interesting that Colin did not interrupt or create chaos the entire time that the headmaster was there, which undercut the reason for the interview. (We know Nandor didn't use a wish to keep him quiet.)  Speaking of which, why couldn't one of the others rub the lamp after Nandor's wishes are done?  If the djinn will only respond to the owner of the lamp, Nandor could gift it.

Now that Colin is in the youth sports "system", I wonder if someone in the Board of Ed will figure out that he isn't enrolled in any school.  Then we would see Guillermo having to create a homeschooling syllabus. Colin will probably be over 16 within a few weeks, though.  This really is a great storyline.

I laughed through the entire interview.  Every time I calmed down, they got me again.  Unbelievable stuff.  

First of all: let Matthew the Groundskeeper join Jackie Daytona in the great pantheon of WWDTS alter egos.

And NadjaDoll should’ve always been the mom here.  I just ❤️ that little bitch!  I’m tempted to ship her with the Djinn.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Apparently Laszlo and Nandor have been having sex regularly for real. Nandor essentially sending Laszlo to the couch because he's mad. 

Was that Guillermo's mother? Amused they started playing mafioso-style music while following him around. Although one could argue he was absolutely owed the money for a dozen years of putting up with all the abuse and nonsense. Meanwhile Nadja is also skimming. The club is going to go down in flames, both metaphorically and for real. But Nadja is actually using Guillermo's real name so she does finally know who he is.

I'm wondering if old Colin Robinson hid something important in a wall, and baby Colin just has an urge to find it but doesn't remember what exactly it is or which wall it's in.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, peridot said:

I laughed at the gag of Nandor's face looking progressively worse every time that we saw him.  I didn't realize why at first.

The "human" outfits of the trio were hilarious.  Where did they even get those outfits?! I was not expecting for Nadja to call Guillermo "this bitch".  She comes up with the most crazy things to say.

The montage of the different pairings was funny, but I try not to think about why they included a skunk!

When the cameraman decided to follow Guillermo, I thought that we would finally see the secret boyfriend.  I wasn't expecting to see the proceeds of embezzlement.  The club is going to fold soon, if both Guillermo and Nadja keep hoarding the funds.

At first, I thought he did his eyebrows but then I caught on. OMG, everytime I calmed down, I started laughing again! 

And yea, that club is going to fold by the end of the season. 

• Love 1

OMG, how does this show keep getting better? Every season I worry the joke will eventually wear thin, or the concept will grow stale. Instead they just keep upping the ante. The whole interview process was hilarious from start to finish. What I want to know is if being a vampire makes you stupid, or if they were all stupid before they became vampires. It's hysterical they have no idea how to act. And yet nobody seems to notice the fangs. Nandor's face was hysterical. And yes, Guillermo deserves the money.

Are we sure that he has a boyfriend, and hasn't simply been talking to his mother? 

It was definitely a male voice on the other end.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Great seeing Sean again and I continue to like that he isn't just a stereotypical, close-minded meathead, but can actually be enlightened in ways these types of characters usually aren't used on shows (him yelling at Guillermo when he thought he was being homophobic.)  He clearly thinks the gang is weird as hell in a lot of ways, but he likes them for who they are!

Loved the entire scene with the headmaster and how more ridiculous the interview process got the more it went on.  Various pairings of the group pretending to be couples, an Impractical Joker guy, Nadja Doll, Sean himself, the corpse of the Impractical Joker guy, and even the skunk itself all got involved at one point!  Made more hilarious after Guillermo just pointed out that they probably could have just use their mind tricks to make the headmaster accept Colin without the interview process and called it a day/night!

Another episode, another wish that Nandor throws away  when he could probably be asking the Djinn to fix their house.  But he doesn't want to be "wasteful."

Guillermo and Nadja are both embezzling moment from the club's profits, it seems.  I'm sure that will come out to ahead in some point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Another episode, another wish that Nandor throws away  when he could probably be asking the Djinn to fix their house.  But he doesn't want to be "wasteful."

I must say that is a great bit of comedy right there.  Because, Nandor knows his housemates.  He knows if he opened up that particular can of worms then both Nadja and Laszlo would be hounding him to fix this and then fix that and then undo another wish, etc.  And then, the Nadja doll will have opinions.  It really is better for the household as a whole for Nandor to keep the wishes for himself.

How many episodes do we have left this season?  I am wondering what Marya's fate will be.  She's just been there in the background these last few episodes.  Will we get to know her before she leaves the house?  I say leave the house because I am really hoping she R-U-N-N-O-F-Ts with the Djinn.  It's not like she and Nandor are going to have any semblance of a real relationship, and I don't want to see her die.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I think in the opening episode Guillermo said he met someone when he was in Europe. Did I imagine that? That's why I've been so convinced it's a boyfriend and not his mom.

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Great seeing Sean again and I continue to like that he isn't just a stereotypical, close-minded meathead, but can actually be enlightened in ways these types of characters usually aren't used on shows (him yelling at Guillermo when he thought he was being homophobic.)  He clearly thinks the gang is weird as hell in a lot of ways, but he likes them for who they are!

I love that about him, too.

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think in the opening episode Guillermo said he met someone when he was in Europe. Did I imagine that? That's why I've been so convinced it's a boyfriend and not his mom.

I love that about him, too.

Yes, he didn't outright say it, but specifically wasn't jealous of Nandor and his wives because he was in a good place or something like that.

• Love 1

When Guillermo told Nandor and Lazlo not to mention their "sexual activities," and they accused him of being jealous, they had a point. From the way he said "sexual activities," it really seemed like Guillermo was protesting too much!

• LOL 2

This episode was incredible, especially when it begins with Young Colin Robinson playing Surfin' Bird and doesn't let up from there.

I was dying at Nandor's ever evolving horrifying face. He looked so plastic by the end! Of course I lost it when he dropped the banana in the glass of water. If anything, the people behind the makeup and wardrobe deserve all the awards. Naturally, I loved everyone's "human outfits," particularly Nandor's zoot suit getup, Laszlo's bucket hat and Guy Fieri shirt. and Nadja looking like Jackie Kennedy without the hat.

"We need to by gay. Trust me. Gay is in. Gay is hot. I want some gay. Gay it's gonna be." That was an amazing Laszlo line in an episode full of amazing Laszlo lines.

Also loved that Nadja's go-to celebrity reference was Lionel Barrymore.

8 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I must say that is a great bit of comedy right there.  Because, Nandor knows his housemates.  He knows if he opened up that particular can of worms then both Nadja and Laszlo would be hounding him to fix this and then fix that and then undo another wish, etc.  And then, the Nadja doll will have opinions.  It really is better for the household as a whole for Nandor to keep the wishes for himself.

Loved how they finally addressed the elephant in the room. I predict Laszlo will hire the guys he saw on TV to fix up the house. 

Also loved when Guillermo finally asked why the vamps didn't just hypnotize the headmaster to let Colin in, and Nadja freaking that they're in too deep.

22 hours ago, voiceover said:

First of all: let Matthew the Groundskeeper join Jackie Daytona in the great pantheon of WWDTS alter egos.

But what about Adolpho? He's the butler or some shit.

9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Loved the entire scene with the headmaster and how more ridiculous the interview process got the more it went on.  Various pairings of the group pretending to be couples, an Impractical Joker guy, Nadja Doll, Sean himself, the corpse of the Impractical Joker guy, and even the skunk itself all got involved at one point!  Made more hilarious after Guillermo just pointed out that they probably could have just use their mind tricks to make the headmaster accept Colin without the interview process and called it a day/night!

When the headmaster was the one being interviewed at one point, that's how I knew this episode was gonna be one of the best.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Not alot to say that hasn't already been said. The scene with the Principal was fantastic. I loved the more absurd things got, the quicker the cuts became for the different scenarios. I wished we had a better guest star than one of the Impractical Jokers. At least they killed him so hopefully he won't be back.

The first two episodes were pretty good, three and four were okay by this show's quality standards, and this episode was the best so far.

Looking forward to next week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I was dying at Nandor's ever evolving horrifying face. He looked so plastic by the end! Of course I lost it when he dropped the banana in the glass of water. If anything, the people behind the makeup and wardrobe deserve all the awards. Naturally, I loved everyone's "human outfits," particularly Nandor's zoot suit getup, Laszlo's bucket hat and Guy Fieri shirt. and Nadja looking like Jackie Kennedy without the hat.

"We need to by gay. Trust me. Gay is in. Gay is hot. I want some gay. Gay it's gonna be." That was an amazing Laszlo line in an episode full of amazing Laszlo lines.

All of this! Nandor's face! I am still laughing thinking about it! The banana in the glass was hilarious. "I'm the butler or some shit".

I died with that gay quote. Also, "long island is the playground of the glitterati". Only Matt Berry can make all this stuff work. So awesome.

23 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Made more hilarious after Guillermo just pointed out that they probably could have just use their mind tricks to make the headmaster accept Colin without the interview process and called it a day/night!

"We're in too deep baby!!!!"

• Love 5

Nandor's horrible plastic face is going to haunt my nightmares...

I am just going to say that I agree with everyone that this was an amazing episode, so many great lines and jokes, every interview changing, including one with doll Nadja, everyone's human costumes, I was just on the floor. Guillermo really deserves that raise, if anyone should feel fine with stealing from the till its him. Plus I am always happy to see Sean, who is just so down with the gangs weirdness.

My partner really likes Impractical Jokers, so them bringing in one of the guys as their hastily found Stratton Island D Lister only to kill him off was especially hilarious to me. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
On 8/4/2022 at 12:06 AM, Galileo908 said:

OMG! Yes! Seriously, this was one of my favorite episodes of the series. 

• Love 3

Someone just reminded me of the show King of Staten Island, and I really wished they could have gotten Pete Davidson for the celebrity cameo (even though I'm personally not a fan). The connection would have been hilarious!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Catfi9ht said:

Someone just reminded me of the show King of Staten Island, and I really wished they could have gotten Pete Davidson for the celebrity cameo (even though I'm personally not a fan). The connection would have been hilarious!

One of the Impractical Jokers was just enough level of fame on short notice/lack of giving a fuck from the vamps.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, tennisgurl said:

Plus I am always happy to see Sean, who is just so down with the gangs weirdness.

He was ready to throw down with homophobes! Who knew he was such an ally?

• Love 1
On 8/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, Ilovepie said:

Also, "long island is the playground of the glitterati".

wasn't it "Staten Island" ?  which makes it even funnier.

I laughed at them carry baby Colin to bed in his full hockey equipment including skates!!

• Love 2
On 8/13/2022 at 3:42 AM, Blackie said:

wasn't it "Staten Island" ?  which makes it even funnier.

I laughed at them carry baby Colin to bed in his full hockey equipment including skates!!

You are correct! Oops!

Edited by Ilovepie