Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

ETA: You also have to consider that in order for Taylor to get some sort of advertising deal at the end of this, she has to remain a perfect angelic HG through editing (which they kinda didn't do in the last episode), she has to place well (top five, I'd say?) in order to remain relevant to the larger audience, and her post-season engagement has to remain high.

I'm always surprised when HGs go on about how famous they are because they're on BB.  Maybe to a few live feeders, but I personally forget their names the minute the show is over.  (Except for Rachel.  It is kind of impossible to wipe Rachel out of the old memory banks.)  But I can almost promise them that Rhianna doesn't know them and will not be asking them to party at her mansion.   Taylor might get a little further because she's gotten a lot of attention this year, both on the show and in the press.  

Re:  PDA.  Jordan (and yes, I had to look up her name) wouldn't even let Jeff kiss her when they were in the house.  (Sadly, I assume she lets him kiss her now since she's Mrs. Jeff.)  I think that goes a little too far, but I could certainly understand her POV more than those who do the Horizontal Mambo on camera.   I'm not a prude, but ... 

Okay, yeah.  I'm kind of a prude.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Monte's starting to roust himself out of bed. He stops in the storage room for new batteries, too. Might as well take care of it first thing before getting told, "There are fresh batteries in the storage room!"

As he strolls through the kitchen we see the piece of cake still there in the middle of the blue circle at the center of the table.

Terrance tells Monte something fishy is going on around here.

Why do people hate Michael? I see a ruthless player willing to do anything to win, but in the BB house, that's not a bad thing. 

Brittany does get on my nerves though. She's not doing anything to win. She's just doing anything she can to make sure Michael wins.

ETA: apparently Taylor has a crush on X:

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Slider said:

[Taylor] Good at the game? Eh. 

Janelle and Britney were horrible at the game and cocky little assholes and they’re among the most popular HGs (with feeders and casuals). 

In my dream world, Kyle and Michael go in the DE. I’d be nearly as happy with one of them and Alyssa. I’ll settle for one of them and Terrance lol. And really I’d even settle for one of them and anyone else, I guess. I just really need at least one of them gone.

I still can’t believe they’re gonna make one group live outside. It’s gonna be in the 90s with lows in the 70s like they’re gonna be completely miserable. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

People like Janelle and Britney were horrible at the game and cocky little assholes and they’re among the most popular HGs (with feeders and casuals). 

Britney in BB12 was. She wasn't in BB14. And plus, she had a great sense of humor. 

Jedi Janie I will always love for her fighting spirit. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Janelle and Britney were horrible at the game and cocky little assholes and they’re among the most popular HGs (with feeders and casuals). 

Have to disagree.  Janelle in her first two seasons was good.  Her last two?  Not so much, but then again look what she had to work with.

3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Britney in BB12 was. She wasn't in BB14. And plus, she had a great sense of humor. 

Agreed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Slider said:

Janelle in her first two seasons was good. 

At comps. The game, not so much lol.

Britney was definitely still very popular during BB14. Although probably not as much, which is funny because she was much more mature and less of just a compete asshole as she was in BB12. 

I hate him. He’s gone full Andy with his rat ways.

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

Okay, yeah.  I'm kind of a prude.  

Nah, that's just common sense. There's always the risk of that being your only act of note in the BB house—would anybody even remember April and Ollie if they hadn't boinked? Which I'm sure is fine for some, but I'd rather be remembered for my gameplay. Or at least my zingy DRs.

(Granted, I should be showmance-proof—limited/inconsistent LGBT casting, plus I'm BB-old. If I make jury, it's 80+ days of guaranteed celibacy for me!)

Edited by PhoneCop
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Tan and white bunnies now, just hopping around.  I like when they lie on their tummies, legs and feet stretched out. The white one is hiding. Kittens now.

Outside a bird is chirping along with the BB feeds are down music.

7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

That's literally what I mean by free advertising. Taran saying something doesn't make it true but now everyone who sees Taran's tweets just saw advertising for Lays that they didn't pay for. The only one who makes money off of this right now is Lays and maybe Big Brother/CBS. Taylor's contract while in the house probably prevents her from making money from any outside sources.

ETA: You also have to consider that in order for Taylor to get some sort of advertising deal at the end of this, she has to remain a perfect angelic HG through editing (which they kinda didn't do in the last episode), she has to place well (top five, I'd say?) in order to remain relevant to the larger audience, and her post-season engagement has to remain high. Like, right now, I'd say she could roll this into a few grand doing a few #ad posts on her social media of choice if Lays wanted to (they've gotten enough free advertising from the audience online that they might not want to - why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free?) but public perception can change very quickly.

Sorry, y'all, I found my thing this season and clearly it's potato chip advertising.

I hope she doesn't get any deal at the end of this, because that will just encourage future famewhores to grab on to a product and try to ride it to ad dollars in the house. It will be so annoying!

I didn't think Taylor looked the villain in last night's ep, no different than the kind of lines they feed all the HOHs. I wish she hadn't let the Pound take control of her HOH. She wanted Terrance out and for good reason, and somehow Monte, Joseph and Turner have convinced her that Indy is a much bigger threat. To them maybe, not to her! They know they can scoop Terrance for a male alliance.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

I hope she doesn't get any deal at the end of this, because that will just encourage future famewhores to grab on to a product and try to ride it to ad dollars in the house. It will be so annoying!

Taylor's pretty enough that I wouldn't absolutely rule out Lay's using her in a print campaign or something, but as others have said, BB fame isn't a meaningful currency in the broader world and they'd probably just as soon use an unknown without reality-TV baggage. My guess is that after the season's over, they might send her a case of product and a thank-you note for all the uncontracted promotion and call it good. (And she'll probably be perfectly happy with that. *crunch* *crunch*)

Edited by PhoneCop
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 2:52 AM, 30 Helens said:

Taylor complains about how “someone” always leaves her half open bottles of “pawp” out until they go flat,

Hey!  Don't diss on pop! Taylor is from Michigan.  Pop runs in her veins, soda is what you use for baking.  Just yesterday at work, we all mocked someone mercilessly for calling their beverage "soda".  ;-)

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Taylor's pretty enough that I wouldn't absolutely rule out Lay's using her in a print campaign or something, but as others have said, BB fame isn't a meaningful currency in the broader world and they'd probably just as soon use an unknown without reality-TV baggage. My guess is that after the season's over, they might send her a case of product and a thank-you note for all the uncontracted promotion and call it good. (And she'll probably be perfectly happy with that. *crunch* *crunch*)

Yeah, if she doesn’t win, she’ll be forgotten before the winner is announced.  If she did somehow win, she might have a couple of extra weeks unless she can get on TAR or the Challenge, USA version of course.  I don’t think she could handle the mothership.  

Lots of stuff going on. Jasmine/Indy/Joseph are talking; almost everyone was in the store room and apparently Brittany said something about working with Indy. Jasmine's mad, thinking that Joseph exposed the Fly Swatters. Joseph is saying what was he supposed to do, when he's in an alliance with Indy and then Brittany told him that SHE was, and he didn't know. He's trying to persuade Jasmine and Alyssa that he protected them. Messy. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Lots of stuff going on. Jasmine/Indy/Joseph are talking; almost everyone was in the store room and apparently Brittany said something about working with Indy. Jasmine's mad, thinking that Joseph exposed the Fly Swatters. Joseph is saying what was he supposed to do, when he's in an alliance with Indy and then Brittany told him that SHE was, and he didn't know. He's trying to persuade Jasmine and Alyssa that he protected them. Messy. 

Good. I'm glad to hear that he's getting a little exposed with that group.  He's been sitting far too comfortably in the middle for too long.

• Love 1
Just now, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I believe this is the plan the LO came up with as to why they are evicting Indy. In this version, Brittany, who on paper is still in the Girls Girls alliance with Indy, let's it slip to Joseph, 5 swatters, that Indy is in an alliance and they are going to make it a big drama and get everyone to flip votes.

MESSY, for sure, but at least a somewhat planned messiness.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Jasmine put on her sunglasses so she must be serious. 

Indy says she's not faithful to Kyle any more; just Joseph, Jasmine, and Alyssa from the Fly Swatters and Michael because she loves him. But Kyle could have saved her and he didn't. 

Jasmine said she and Alyssa got into it and it's getting bad. 

Jasmine says for the last 2 months she's been trying to keep calm but it bothers her when she can't speak up for herself 

I switched for a minute to Brittany and Alyssa; Alyssa says she trusts Brittany and Michael. Brittany says Jasmine's imploding. I can't stand Brittany any more so I have to switch back. 

Indy's crying that her dreams are crashed because of f'ing Kyle. Jasmine doesn't respond, just walks out. Joseph eventually gives Indy a hug. 

6 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

5 swatters

Well that makes sense -- I thought it was fly swatters!

Edited by Mediocre Gatsby
Because despite their similarities, Kyle is not Michael
  • LOL 1

Indy is upset. She feels she hurt her game by protecting Kyle when she didn't need to. She told Jasmine to remember, if Indy goes home tonight, it was because she was protecting Kyle for Jasmine and Alyssa.

Feeds are down now until after the show's aired.

Amended prayer circle for this DE: Some combo of Kyle/Alyssa/Michael/Brittany going. I need that odious foursome obliterated immediately. Brittany least of all though because she will lose what's left of her mind without Michael/Kyle/Alyssa and that would be fun.

• Love 4

Jasmine imploding and Kyle blowing up his jury management at least as far as Indy are good things that happened today. So much can change on Thursdays before eviction and no matter what chaos occurred for the previous 6 days is all forgotten at the last minute. Love it!

I just want my split picks to come to fruition because I feel it will be the most evenly divided. 

Outside: Jasmine Turner Brittany Kyle Taylor 

Inside: Michael Alyssa Terrance Joseph Monte 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I just want my split picks to come to fruition because I feel it will be the most evenly divided. 

Outside: Jasmine Turner Brittany Kyle Taylor 

Inside: Michael Alyssa Terrance Joseph Monte 

I like where you're going with this, as far as splitting up the obvious duos, but, I'd rather see it this way:

Outside:  Jasmine, Turner, Michael, Alyssa, Joseph
Inside:  Brittany, Kyle, Monte, Taylor, Terrance

Kyle would lose his mind in that scenario and, quite likely, be sent out the door.  Not sure who would go home from the other group in that scenario, but it would be loads of fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I like where you're going with this, as far as splitting up the obvious duos, but, I'd rather see it this way:

Outside:  Jasmine, Turner, Michael, Alyssa, Joseph
Inside:  Brittany, Kyle, Monte, Taylor, Terrance

Kyle would lose his mind in that scenario and, quite likely, be sent out the door.  Not sure who would go home from the other group in that scenario, but it would be loads of fun!

Idk I feel Kyle will team up with Brittany and Terrance because Brittany and Michael have been wanting to break up LO. But it all depends on who wins the 2 HoHs anyway. Let’s hope not Kyle or Jasmine 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Idk I feel Kyle will team up with Brittany and Terrance because Brittany and Michael have been wanting to break up LO. But it all depends on who wins the 2 HoHs anyway. Let’s hope not Kyle or Jasmine 

But, he also wanted Terrance gone because of his "big personality".  No way can I see him partnering with Terrance.  I'd kind of love it if Monte won HOH - that would guarantee Kyle is gone this week unless he wins veto - and if that happened, then we'd just see Terrance go, which is fine since he's low-hanging fruit.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

I really hope Kyle and Alyssa go home due to the twist. 

Heh...  Indy can give them sex counseling in the jury house and he'll be able to tell his mom that he learned how to last longer than 10s this summer!

• LOL 13
12 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Heh...  Indy can give them sex counseling in the jury house and he'll be able to tell his mom that he learned how to last longer than 10s this summer!

Some people go on Big Brother to win the game..some go on Big Brother to learn to last longer than 10 seconds.

• LOL 9

Well, those video clips made everything as clear as mud. I have no clue who said what to who and who lied about what was said, and I’m feeling like Fessy right now - “who flipped?” And I even know all the alliances!!

Honestly, I have no idea what I want to happen tonight. The LO’s need to lose at least one member this week for my entertainment purposes. But I don’t want it to be Brittany/Taylor and they are probably the most vulnerable.

But I NEED Jasmine on the block. That’s my one certainty. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Indy doesn't strike me as any kind of miracle worker.

(FWIW, I almost feel bad making jokes when PE is a legit issue for some. But...it's Kyle. Kyle sucks. 12YO me was less quick on the draw. Homeboy needs to learn the master race is not an actual race.)

• LOL 9

May I request that y’all keep me updated during the show on the episode thread, please. I’m working and it’s been busy and I doubt I’ll be able to watch till tomorrow. I was only able to catch a few segments yesterday. Thanks in advance 🥰

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I just looked at on-screen programming and noticed it is a two hour episode.  

Yup.  They are using the extra hour to kick off the new twist. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, leocadia said:

Hey!  Don't diss on pop! Taylor is from Michigan.  Pop runs in her veins, soda is what you use for baking.  Just yesterday at work, we all mocked someone mercilessly for calling their beverage "soda".  ;-)

Ha- I was not dissing pop, just Taylor’s ridiculous fake New Yawk accent pronouncing it “pawp”. Although, since you being it up, soda is the correct term. 😉

3 hours ago, Sketcher said:

I believe this is the plan the LO came up with as to why they are evicting Indy. In this version, Brittany, who on paper is still in the Girls Girls alliance with Indy, let's it slip to Joseph, 5 swatters, that Indy is in an alliance and they are going to make it a big drama and get everyone to flip votes.

MESSY, for sure, but at least a somewhat planned messiness.

Yes, this is supposed to give Brittany and Joseph a plausible story of why they voted for Indy— they didn’t flip, she did and was caught. Or something like that.  It took them a while to come to this plan and I’m not sure I understand it, but it is a plan.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I like Joseph, actually.  I just don't think that he's the best houseguest when Michael is the one floating my boat.

13 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

You know, it just dawned on me that a last-minute replacement is one of the best hamsters in the house. I can't imagine what this season would be like without Joseph.

I wasn't making it a contest, it was just an observation that someone who wasn't even in the house until the 11th hour is one of the best hamsters this season.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Overnight feed watchers, you have a sacred duty to report who the teams are by 7:00 am central time tomorrow.

LOL - pretty sure we'll manage to report who the teams are by 12:30am central time, provided the feeds are back as soon as the West Coast broadcast is over.  Sooner if they don't make us wait another 2 hours.

Well that was a hot mess. So I guess Indy wised up and realized she has no choice about going to the jury house. She didn't imply otherwise to Julie.

ETA: i wonder how pissed Taylor and the rest of the LO are about Michael's vote. if they only knew about the goodbye message.  Not like they can do anything about this week, though.

I have a feeling Terrance will target Taylor. Because that's how he rolls.

Edited by vb68
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

So Michael is playing the Josh game with confessing all in his DR messages to the jury. I think that might backfire on him as this is a very different dynamic and there’s no dumbass Paul denying everything until the bitter end. He doesn’t come across as honest, just calculating. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7