Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

It's the complete lack of intellectual curiosity that gets me.  I mean, Kyle blathered on about his friend in Prague, and wonders where that is, or if it is a country or city, and he never once bothered to even Google it?  He's obviously thought about it once or twice, but never took the next step of whipping out his phone, or popping open a browser window while editing twerking videos, and entering "Prague" or "Prog" into a search engine?

Or - crazy idea here, but - asking his friend? (I mean that aimed at Kyle, not you, HurricaneVal)

Although that could be a frustrating conversation for his friend. 

I live in Prague

Where's that?

The Czech Republic

Where's that?

Europe

Where's - 

And given his trouble placing London and Paris, and what England is, and if Paris is in it, I wonder if his Prague friend has blocked him.  Even Siri would eventually say, Seriously, dude?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That clip of Monte alone is just nasty. Any man that would call women ‘damaged goods’ is just not it lol.

Yeah, that's fair. I was just concentrating on the "lack of vulnerability" part, but yes, "damaged goods" is a fucked up thing to say. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Or, Monte realizes that different people are suited for different sports.  Tall people aren't going to be gymnasts.  Short people aren't likely to excel at swimming or basketball.  Additionally, depending on whether you have fast-twitch or slow-twitch muscle/nerve reactors, how flexible you are, etc can also affect the types of sports you are likely to excel at.  Additionally, has Michael ever engaged in any conversations about the Big 4 sports in the US?  If he hasn't, then I'm not sure it's unreasonable for Monte to assume that Michael's sports interests and skills do not cover the major ones like basketball, baseball, football or even soccer. 

I just don't think he's engaging in any type of racial or gender/sexual preference stereotyping here.  He's just being your basic, average American guy who grew up on the NBA, NFL, NCAA (both basketball & football) and MLB, with maybe a little bit of MLS and NHL thrown in for good measure.  

I kind of saw it as Monte reflecting the high school stereotypes of jocks vs. Nerds.  The idea that there are two types of guys, the science club/band/boy scout type, and the football playing type.  Michael has that look, the glasses wearing nerd.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Monte has been giving misogyny since day 1.

14 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Oh, 100%. I just don't think this specific quote is damning on its own. All of his other attitudes about women are more than enough to already damn the guy, though, totally true. 

Yes, he has been giving misogyny since day 1, however, he also came into the house stating, quite candidly, that he did NOT want a showmance - and, recall, early on, in that first or second week, he said something on the feeds that indicated production was trying to suggest a showmance with Taylor - something she also wanted no part of.  I don't think that exchange with Terrance is particularly horrible, when viewed in the light of what we do know about what production was pushing early on.  But, yeah, I can also see where he's certainly a little miffed that Taylor wasn't interested in his goods that way either, so he's all "nope, girl's damaged goods" to Terrance.  Who doesn't engage in this sort of behavior in real life though?

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That clip of Monte alone is just nasty. Any man that would call women ‘damaged goods’ is just not it lol.

I hope you feel that way about Brittany too, because she basically said the same thing to Taylor last night with regards to Alyssa being able to do better than Kyle.  She's not wrong - he is damaged goods and Alyssa can do better than him, but if it's not nasty for a woman to say it about a man, then the same should be true in reverse for Monte feeling like Taylor has relationship issues that he just doesn't want to touch.  Mind, Taylor has hinted at some of her past issues on the feeds, so I don't think Monte's "nah, pass" is a completely unjustified deflection because she wasn't interested in him at the beginning of the season.

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Terrance told Michael that Turner wanted to BD him last week.

He’s also basically threatening that he’ll turn the jury against Michael lol.

LMAO - oh, Terrance...  floating to the power and throwing your solid After Party alliance member to the HOH wolf.  He probably just gave Michael the ammunition he needs to BD Turner - Michael can say "I promised you safety, not realizing the plan was to BD me had I not won veto last week, and now I find this out...  So, I can't honor that promise.  Turner, have a seat on the block."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't know what Brittany's talking about. I think Kyle and Alyssa are perfect for each other.

I always thought men who had good relationships with their moms treated other women with respect, but I guess that's just an old wives' tale. And who does Monte think Taylor is - the Bachelorette or something? I like to limit my misogyny to one network, but I guess there's just too much of it to go around this year.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

I don't know what Brittany's talking about. I think Kyle and Alyssa are perfect for each other.

I always thought men who had good relationships with their moms treated other women with respect, but I guess that's just an old wives' tale. And who does Monte think Taylor is - the Bachelorette or something? I like to limit my misogyny to one network, but I guess there's just too much of it to go around this year.

Good relationship with mom, potentially good husband material. 
Too good/close relationship could equal mama’s boy who puts her first, run for the hills.  
I don’t know which Kyle is but….

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm watching this Michael & Terrance HOH convo and, dang...  It's painful how badly Terrance is potentially tanking his game with Michael.  The best part is the at the end, after Terrance leaves, Michael gives a sour look to the camera and mutters "my God..."  around 4:45pm BBT.

ETA - Michael goes downstairs to the kitchen where Brittany, Taylor and Turner are and the look on Turner's face when Michael tells them about Terrance's blackmail threat...  About as fantastically WTF as when Taylor was proposing to put him & Monte up right after she won HOH.

Edited by HighQueenEB
48 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Good relationship with mom, potentially good husband material. 
Too good/close relationship could equal mama’s boy who puts her first, run for the hills.  
I don’t know which Kyle is but….

I was talking about Monte actually. Don't wanna think about Kyle's relationship with his mom, lol

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

A key thing to remember, also, is that they were planning to STILL stick with Kyle when they thought that his and Turner's intent was to backdoor Monte. So they were totally cool with Monte and Taylor on the block post-Veto, with Monte going home. So literally the scenario that WOULD have happened is what Michael WANTED to happen, but he wanted it to happen with Kyle and Turner still working with him, and instead it was going to happen with Kyle and Turner working with Terrance and Alyssa, instead. It was only when Michael knew he was in trouble that he "just couldn't keep such offensive stuff secret anymore, as it is more important than the game." It's pathetic in HOW brazen it was. 

And I think that's really what shocked the HGs, which was HOW transparent Michael was being that he clearly didn't give a shit, only "Would it help fuck over the players in the game who were planning on taking a shot at me in the game?" 

It was stupid, sloppy and arrogant.  They didn't even bothered to talk to Terrance, who was right to call them out at the house meeting.  Terrance might as well go out fighting. Michael was already worried about what Kyle was going to spin to the jury.

Michael and Brittany needs to be put up for the 2nd eviction. If he wins veto, she goes - along with her gaslighting, fake compassion.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm flashing back to Terrance's convo with Michael.

Terrance: "I am going to poison the jury against you, know that."

Michael: "Ok enjoy jury."

Wash rinse repeat for 30 min.

Didn't even last 30 min - more like 20, lol.  And Michael was over it about 5 minutes in.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m glad I never fully came around on this asshole. He can fuck all the way off. He is big mad that Taylor never wanted him lol.

Is there a longer version of this clip? Because I just listened 3x and nowhere did I hear a reference to “damaged goods”.  What I heard is Monte saying he came into the house not wanting a showmance, but not entirely ruling it out. And implying that he might have been interested in pursuing something with Taylor, but she has her guard up due to last bad relationships and hasn’t let him past that to see the real her.

I’m puzzled because I don’t find anything misogynistic in that. I’m certainly not saying Monte has never said anything misogynistic, he has and I’ve heard it with my own ears, I just don’t see it here. And that’s the last time I’m going to defend Monte this week. I already feel icky.

Also, not that it really matters, but I’m not sure it’s accurate to say Taylor was never interested in him. I remember seeing her angling to stay close to him in the very early days, and I’m not the only one who noticed, based on early feeds talk. I think there was at least an initial attraction (didn’t she even admit as much?), it just didn’t last once he jumped on the Paloma train and started bashing her. That would cool my attraction, too.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m glad I never fully came around on this asshole. He can fuck all the way off. He is big mad that Taylor never wanted him lol.

Expand  

Is there a longer version of this clip? Because I just listened 3x and nowhere did I hear a reference to “damaged goods”.

Oh, huh, I just assumed Peach caught a bit I missed. Maybe it was earlier?

Does anyone know why Brittany is decorating the staircase? She has crepe paper ribbons wrapped around the bars and dangling from the rails. All I know is, she’s doing all the work while Turner sits back in a chair, feet up, and watches. Because of course.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

So Terrence and Alyssa are on the block.

I wonder if Turner smells this backdoor plan.  He better win Veto if he does, but of course Michael is in the way.  Can Michael afford to burn his jury vote?

After today Terrance might have talked himself out the door. He's been blackmailing Michael since nominations saying he'll poison the jury. I think if Michael wins veto he keeps noms the same.

• Useful 1

Monte and Terrance are holed up in the car bedroom, whispering. Do they ever leave each other’s sides these days?

Monte is frustrated because Taylor is still not listening to him and won’t do what he wants. Crazy women with their own minds! Terrance starts to explain that it’s because she has no friends and— just as my jaw drops, feeds switch and I miss the rest of that solid psychoanalysis.

They say that Michael and Brittany need to speak to White America about the damages caused by saying silent. Taylor could have some important things to say, too, but she won’t step up.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Fire 1

They are bashing Taylor now how Brittany and Michael won't be friends with her outside the house. 

Funny thing is I can see Michael and Taylor being friends outside the house. I remember him doing camera talk to Hayden asking him to add Taylor and Brittany to their wedding guest list. 

• Applause 7
  • Love 5

Terrance is proud to be the fly in Michael and Brittany’s ointment. He’s the one thing they didn’t count on!

Monte says he knows it was a game move because those two don’t do anything based on emotion. Everything is calculated. But he says it was a dumb move because they lost him, even though they don’t know it yet. That means three of Monte, Terrance, Turner and Alyssa will be playing for HoH and if any one of them wins, Michael is going home.

Just now, 30 Helens said:

Terrance is proud to be the fly in Michael and Brittany’s ointment. He’s the one thing they didn’t count on!

Monte says he knows it was a game move because those two don’t do anything based on emotion. Everything is calculated. But he says it was a dumb move because they lost him, even though they don’t know it yet. That means three of Monte, Terrance, Turner and Alyssa will be playing for HoH and if any one of them wins, Michael is going home.

Except Michael will always win POV. :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Ugh.  I'm almost okay with the idea of Michael dropping the Turner BD idea for this week and just letting Terrance loose.  ALMOST.  The problem is, I think there's a good chance that Terrance goes in the double if Turner is gone because he's the easy/obvious choice to go when things are moving that fast.  And I really don't like this disgusting trashing of Taylor that happens whenever Monte & Terrance start to bro down.

• Love 5

Monte insists that Brittany befriending Taylor early on was just part of a long con. She and Michael always intended to use Taylor. Then there’s this:

“She has an affinity for people who lean in and ignore the shit that she says that rub people the wrong way and take the time to get to know her.”

”You’re not a stray dog. You’re a person… You gotta realize how they were doing what’s best for them by bringing you in.”

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Terrance and Monte now saying that Taylor doesn't understand them "culturally." This is dangerously close to calling her an Uncle Tom.

Oh, this is definitely what they’re saying. They are also saying she’s too dumb to realize when she’s being used and will trot after anyone who is nice to her and pats her on the head. Like a puppy.

Now this is some trademark Monte misogyny.

• Sad 2
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

Oh, this is definitely what they’re saying. They are also saying she’s too dumb to realize when she’s being used and will trot after anyone who is nice to her and pats her on the head. Like a puppy.

Now this is some trademark Monte misogyny.

They don’t get that Taylor knows all about M/B’s move. She’s still moving forward with them bc the other side offers her nothing. That, and she’s a mature person. She is the type to see the good in people. 
Monte and Terrance can fuck right off.

• Applause 3
  • Love 11

Taylor was made to suffer abuse like no other HG.  And she's the inauthentic minority?!

I still say Michael will honor his pledge to Turner because of the morality of the specific quid pro quo he struck with Turner.  And now we have some more super ugly biases erupting with one of the rotten hamsters (Terrance) conveniently on the block, ready for launching.

This season went from among the most fun I've seen to one of the worst of the worst.  There is no obvious solution for Grody, either.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

They are bashing Taylor now how Brittany and Michael won't be friends with her outside the house. 

Funny thing is I can see Michael and Taylor being friends outside the house. I remember him doing camera talk to Hayden asking him to add Taylor and Brittany to their wedding guest list. 

Let's be real: Taylor is going to be friends with everyone after the game because that's just who she is. She's definitely the girl who continues to buy from the MLM Hun even after you explain how it's a scam to bleed people of their money and soul because "she's a single mom just trying her best".

• Love 11

Michael, Brittany and Taylor are in the exercise room. Taylor is up on her hind legs, spinning and barking, as Brittany tosses her treats.

Of course not. But you know Monte is picturing some variation of this.

Michael asks Brittany to “correct” him when people are running through days and stats. I’m not sure if this is to lead others to the wrong answer, or to give the impression that Michael is not that well prepared. Not sure that will work, but heh.

Taylor says Terrance is trying to flip Monte. Brittany doesn’t think it will work. Taylor is irritated because Monte decided to seek out the one other Black person who is a male to discuss all this with, not her. Fuck him, she says.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Let's be real: Taylor is going to be friends with everyone after the game because that's just who she is. She's definitely the girl who continues to buy from the MLM Hun even after you explain how it's a scam to bleed people of their money and soul because "she's a single mom just trying her best".

She definitely is a soft touch. It’s endearing though. When she says she loves Kyle, she sounds 1000x more sincere than Alyssa.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She definitely is a soft touch. It’s endearing though. When she says she loves Kyle, she sounds 1000x more sincere than Alyssa.

I find it annoying but we all know I have no heart so not that surprising.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

If you’re ever in St. Louis and craving some Panera, look for the St. Louis Bread Company. That was Panera Bread’s original name, and they decided to keep it in the company’s home town. (This according to Brittany.)

Taylor asks Turner what he likes at Boston Market, but he says they don’t have them in Boston. They just have markets.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw that convo - he followed it up with "let's see if she's not mad at me when the week is done..."  I think he is still intent on backdooring Turner and knows Alyssa is close to him.  If she gets angry, well... 

• Useful 2
44 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Michael, Brittany and Taylor are in the exercise room. Taylor is up on her hind legs, spinning and barking, as Brittany tosses her treats.

😂😂😂😂!!  I read that paragraph twice thinking you were saying Taylor was spinning on exercise bike & B was encouraging her with treats and was like ‘what in the holy hell is happening in that house’ before I realized your reference!!!  😂

• LOL 4

Well, this week is reminding me on why I disliked Monte in the first place. From his whole "damaged goods" bullshit to him feeling like Taylor should be reacting like him and Terrance with regards to Michael/Brittany's actions to all the trash talking he's been doing about Taylor in general, it does seem like he feels like Taylor should be closer to him (could be because he likes her; that conversation with Terrance about liking someone in the house points that way) and is pissed that she isn't.

And, yes, it would be nice for Taylor to question Michael/Brittany more on their timing, but at the same time, Michael/Brittany were Taylor's friends and allies well before the Leftovers were formed. They were nice to her before anyone else was, including Monte. So of course they're going to get more of the benefit of the doubt; they treated her like a human being worthy of their time before literally anyone else in the house.

And, yes, Monte has apologized for his behaviour several times since then. But now I'm questioning how much of it was genuine and how much of it was because he started to like her. Him bashing M/B and saying that they'd never be friends with Taylor outside is so disingenuous. I know he's pissed at them, but why does he feel like he'd be better friends with Taylor when he continues trashing her with Terrance? 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I think this is a good jury management speech by Michael to counter what Terrance is planning: 

Michael to Taylor Turner Brittany  – I was not wanting to talk a lot of game before the veto meeting. And then he (Terrance) told me, well you told me you were done talking game. And I said you know that’s not what I meant. I am not done talking game. And he was like well that is why I didn’t come to you with the Kyle thing. After last night it was emotionally draining. I get that it is frustrating. Like he has tried to pull off moves and its not worked so get that its frustrating. But just because you couldn’t pull off these moves doesn’t mean the rest of us have not played the game. Just because we didn’t play the game you came in wanting to play, doesn’t mean we have not been playing. Turner – The game is being played. Michael – if he wanted to imply that you were the one that wanted to backdoor me and I should be going after you instead .. then its like so you want me go back on what I told everyone!? Turner – yeah. Michael – and he was like I really respect that you’re holding to that but you’re basically saying that I am wasting my week.

Later Michael to Alyssa: 

Michael – I don’t know if Brittany has told you anything about what Terrance said? Alyssa – no. Michael – Terrance has basically given up which I feel bad but .. He was very unhappy. He feels like he is done. He basically said he is going to jury and is going to influence them… and try to tank me in the jury. And like no amount of threatening… Like I am not going to respond to that. The whole situation with Kyle.. he doesn’t like how I handled it and he is going to use it against me. All I can do is tell him my thought process. I just put him up on the block and this is his fifth time. Alyssa – this is his fifth time? Michael nods. Michael – he didn’t say he is giving up but he was like my game here is done, I am going to go to jury and play my game in there. Alyssa – that is stressful.. that is a lot.

Edited by dizzyd