Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm not looking forward to how obnoxiously gleeful and arrogant Brittany is going to be this week.  

How is Terrance so calm and cool - "let's just enjoy this week and then next week..."  Just who does he think Michael's going to nom tomorrow?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Ok so, you guys know how every year, somewhere more than halfway through the season, someone shows up in this forum who hasn’t been following along and hasn’t been watching the feeds, but is finally here because they have to hear what others are thinking, and they provide their puzzled and sometimes outraged perspective on the game so far, and often demand answers to some basic questions? 

Hi guys.

Usually I’m along for the ride each summer but I’m catching up late this year. I didn’t start watching until a few weeks ago and I have been binging the episodes. When I started watching things just felt weird. I remember thinking “do any of these people have anything in common?” And another time noticing that Turner won HOH, started crying while reading his letter from home, and NO ONE moved to hug him or anything. They all just sat there and said “aw” and watched him cry. And I’ve gotten the impression that some of these people know very little about Big Brother.

Fill me in! Are these people pods? Were they recruited from a community without CBS reality shows? Are they a lot less… bonded, I guess, than prior casts? Does this season feel really weird, or is it just me? 

edited because I just watched last night’s bombshell veto/racism episode AFTER I typed that comment above and boy did I pick the wrong time to show up. Shit.

Edited by Eyeland Baby
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Not hypocritical at all.  The Friendship was that hateful* that Janelle winning out would've been a blessing.

*I'm probably the lone Friendship fan on this board, at least in terms of how they were as players, but I absolutely get why they were despised as people.

I hate Maggie but she ran a damn cult in that house and that is impressive especially when you have Ivette/April fighting every day. 

• Love 7

After watching the House Meeting on tonight’s episode, I think Michael will definitely nominate Terrance. The look on Michael’s face when Terrance acknowledged Kyle’s missteps, but then said Michael and Brittney share some of the guilt for keeping it to themselves until it benefitted them strategically… Michael wasn’t thrilled with being called out. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Despite Kyle desperately shutting the house door behind him, Monte and Terrance still noticed the “golf clap” reception. They are talking about how Kyle is going to respond in the real world, and hoping they have supported him in the house well so that he actually does grow as a person. 

• Love 5

A lot of challenge wins is skill/luck, but a lot of it is also discipline/willpower. Mike is the only player there who studies/jedi drills every day, who works out even when on lockdown, who eats healthy, and also gets a good night's sleep before every competition. He spends hours preparing for possible upcoming competitions and thinking up strategies. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

So goodbye to Turner or Monte, depending on the Veto.

Michael wants Monte in the Final 4.  If he keeps his word to Turner, most vulnerable would be Terrance and Alyssa.  It will be a Jasmine type of eviction - where it's just time for them to go.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Michael wants Monte in the Final 2.  If he keeps his word to Turner, most vulnerable would be Terrance and Alyssa.  Alyssa has the lesser support in the house.

Huh? Mike wants Brittany and Taylor in the F3. He wants Monte and Turner gone.

It feels like, just from listening to Monte and Terrance, that because Michael and Brittany haven’t admitted they used this information to further their game, they are not respected. Which is totally fair in my eyes. 

I really dislike Kyle, and I give him no passes, but I can see why they feel the way they do. 

“I blame Kyle 1000% but I don’t blame him by himself” - Terrance, just a few minutes ago.

• Love 4

At the infamous meeting in the HoH room where Michael first laid out Kyle's sin, he adamantly told Turner he would be safe if he were to put Kyle up.  I just don't see Michael going back on that particular promise, as it was directly related to the moral outrage that overtook the house. 

There is at least one other target of at least equal value, imo.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Oh God. 

Alyssa to Taylor:  where are you from?  ... [Michigan?]  What is it near?  ...  Is there anything above it? 

If I were Taylor, I'd've been like "I'm from South Detroit. Took the midnight train going anywhere, and here I am."

I mean, if Alyssa doesn't like films older than 2010, I'm thinking it's a safe bet she doesn't know a 41YO song. Doubly so since the Sopranos finale is from 2007.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
16 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

At the infamous meeting in the HoH room where Michael first laid out Kyle's sin, he adamantly told Turner he would be safe if he were to put Kyle up.  I just don't see Michael going back on that particular promise, as it was directly related to the moral outrage that overtook the house. 

There is at least one other target of at least equal value, imo.  

Yeah, I know, but I feel like there's some way Michael is going to try to wiggle his way out of that promise.  

At this point, based on the Monte/Terrance conversation, I think Michael will lose to anyone but Brittany at F2.  Terrance didn't like him before, but with this, he is determined to turn the jury against Michael, and I think he probably will succeed.  Jasmine and Joseph are going to be really angry and they won't appreciate how Michael withheld that information until it was beneficial to his own game.  

I sort of wish that Terrance would download to Monte the fact that Michael told him, after they won their HOHs to target Joseph.  Monte would put it together - that Michael engineered Joseph's eviction, and that's going to give Terrance even more ammunition going into jury house about just how dirty this move was on Michael's part.  That tidbit would entirely turn Joseph against him.

Of the likely jury members, Indy, Taylor and Alyssa are the only ones that I think would consider voting for Michael.  

7 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

If I were Taylor, I'd've been like "I'm from South Detroit. Took the midnight train going anywhere, and here I am."

I mean, if Alyssa doesn't like films older than 2010, I'm thinking it's a safe bet she doesn't know a 41YO song. Doubly so since the Sopranos finale is from 2007.

Oh, come on, you know Alyssa watched Glee.  🤣

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Oh God. 

Alyssa to Taylor:  where are you from?  ... [Michigan?]  What is it near?  ...  Is there anything above it? 

yes Canada... (of course Alyssa probably doesn't know what Canada is)

hat2.jpg

• Sad 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Oh God. 

Just now, Dustbunny said:

yes Canada... (of course Alyssa probably doesn't know what Canada is)

hat2.jpg

See, I might have, quite dryly, replied, "Air.  Air is what is above Michigan.  Just like everywhere else."

• LOL 5
21 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Oh God. 

Now I’m beginning to feel this is just an act, surely she’s just pretending to be dumb. It’s been an effective strategy so far. Watch her get to F2 and then beat Michael. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 5

At this point I'm really tired of Monte's whining that he isn't winning challenges. Dude, you had the same chances everyone else did. You either threw or you flat out sucked. He's acting like it's BB Production that hasn't given him challenges that favor him, but he's sucked at many different types of challenges, from the mental to the physical.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Derrick would have absolutely done the same thing. He threatened anyone who went against him for taking food out of his daughters mouth. 

I don't think Terrance will turn the jury against Michael. I don't think he has that much influence. This cast isn't that close compared to others. Monte might be able to influence Joseph. 

I think Michael telling Terrance to target Joseph is a twitter myth at this point because there has been no confirmation that has happened. If I am mistaken please tell me.

• Sad 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

See, I might have, quite dryly, replied, "Air.  Air is what is above Michigan.  Just like everywhere else."

::buzz::   The correct answer is:  "No, nothing.   Lake Michigan is like the edge of a giant infinity pool.   Go too far and you'll fall off the edge of the Earth into space.  And don't believe those stories about the UP.   That myth is for foolish outlanders.  People have tried to sail to that fabled land never to be seen again.  But there is a secret ocean shortcut to Milan, Newark in Northern Africa and if you promise to take me to final 3 I'll give you directions." 

9 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

STFU Derrick.   You ruined the fucking game with your vote with the house bullshit and you're hardly a beacon of being forthright in the BB house. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Said the dude who constantly talked about people taking food from his daughter’s mouth. Fuck him.

If Derrick is making commentary on something in the game, I know it'll be stupid and self-serving and, what's that? That was exactly what he said?! Shocking! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Kittens - must be time for Zingbot's visit?

As far as Monte and his "ball comp" obsession - I sort of want production to create some basketball free-throwing type of contest and watch him come up spectacularly short.  There would a be a delicious irony in a guy who played college basketball losing something like that, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

As far as Monte and his "ball comp" obsession - I sort of want production to create some basketball free-throwing type of contest and watch him come up spectacularly short.  There would a be a delicious irony in a guy who played college basketball losing something like that, lol.

I feel like this would be Monte in a basketball challenge:

Love Steph Curry btw. But he did awful in Game 7 of the 2016 finals.

15 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I think that it's rich coming from Derrick, because I think that he'd have done the same thing.

Truth. 

And I'm someone who--other than my disgust with the "food from my children's mouths" glurge--really didn't mind the Derrick win.  You can't deny he worked it, from the get go.  Same as Michael, he's working it.  Is it pretty?  No.  But Michael is 100% game.  I respect that.  

He still could fall if there's any kind of combo of HOH-Veto comps that are crapshoots.  I'm all for a Taylor win, but Michael would not bug me.  

We haven't had Ballerina Bowling, or Hotdog Hanging, or BB Golf comps yet, right?  Michael would probably do OK at Ballerina Bowling, as a Superfan, he strikes me as someone who has strategized all the standard comps.  But Hotdogs is difficult to predict, and BB Golf is totally random.  Then there's the quiz comps where Taylor might manage to edge him out, or BB Comics where her observational skills might give her an edge.

We'll see!

• Like 1
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

There's got to be some comp he doesn't/can't win, lol.

Michael does not do well on shuffleboard-style comps; Monte beat out Michael on the “sliding goblets of blood for points” comp to win his HoH.

7 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Michael might think Terrance is the path of least resistance this week, but if he's really smart, he should know that sending Terrance and Kyle to the jury back-to-back would be lethal for him, given how they've both framed what happened in their heads . . . and might likely frame it to the rest of the jury.

I'm fascinated on where he stands with the Turner thing. The game move is absolutely to throw Turner up on the block and out, but if he was just accused of using Kyle's racism to his benefit strategically, wouldn't it look pretty gross to then also use Turner agreeing to get rid of Kyle for being racist if Michael promised him safety as a way to get Turner out? 

16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Michael does not do well on shuffleboard-style comps; Monte beat out Michael on the “sliding goblets of blood for points” comp to win his HoH.

But Michael didn’t compete in that HOH, that one only had 8 people who found red envelopes play and Michael wasn’t one of them.

• Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'm fascinated on where he stands with the Turner thing. The game move is absolutely to throw Turner up on the block and out, but if he was just accused of using Kyle's racism to his benefit strategically, wouldn't it look pretty gross to then also use Turner agreeing to get rid of Kyle for being racist if Michael promised him safety as a way to get Turner out? 

Kinda feeling that Michael's well beyond feeling icky or caring how gross something looks if it benefits his game.

To that end, which would be worse - Terrance or Turner following Kyle to the jury house to set the tone for everything that's gone down?

1 minute ago, NightOwl89 said:

But Michael didn’t compete in that HOH, that one only had 8 people who found red envelopes play and Michael wasn’t one of them.

Wasn't Michael the host since he was the outgoing HOH?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Kinda feeling that Michael's well beyond feeling icky or caring how gross something looks if it benefits his game.

To that end, which would be worse - Terrance or Turner following Kyle to the jury house to set the tone for everything that's gone down?

Wasn't Michael the host since he was the outgoing HOH?

Turner hosted that HOH. 

• Like 2

Feeds came back briefly.

Pretty sure it was down for Zingbot.  Brittany said something about Covid must be doing really well - not trying to read into Michael's joke, but "he wouldn't have said masks are optional."  Then the feeds went back to kittens again.

And they're back!  No, Monte, if they went on BB Twitter for Zings, they'd be a lot harsher than the ones the show's writers come up with.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

It's a basketball comp he wants?   I thought he wanted something about baseball.   Wasn't the comp Lawron threw because he thought he'd be given a "special power" some kind of carnvial-style basketball setup?  

• Love 1

My problem with Brittany and Michael is they were willing to at least allow Kyle to stay in the game long enough that it got a target out for them and then only choose to expose it when it was beneficial for them in the game. Yes, it’s a game, but in lots of areas of life people play prejudices exactly like this game. ‘How can I use this to my benefit?’  And that compounds the issues of prejudice in real world circumstances where always, ultimately, those prejudged pay at the end and feel the most pain, only a glimpse of what we saw tonight.  Kyle is a whole different level of problem. I waffle between ignorant & knowing with him. M&B knowingly weaponized his ignorance & hate. And that’s how it continues to roll along year after year after…..how can I benefit from someone else’s prejudice vs. how do I nip it before it takes off and damages others.  They absolutely knew what they were doing  

it’s all sickening.  

Edited by pennben
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Maverick said:

It's a basketball comp he wants?   I thought he wanted something about baseball.   Wasn't the comp Lawron threw because he thought he'd be given a "special power" some kind of carnvial-style basketball setup?  

Well, he keeps saying "put a ball in my hand" - so, basketball, baseball, football.  

3 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, he keeps saying "put a ball in my hand" - so, basketball, baseball, football.  

Yeah he keeps thinking that if there's some sort of ball-based comp he'd win. But Michael won that rolling the ball with your head mermaid comp.

• Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I mean he really need to be specific.   Cheez balls, cotton balls, yarn balls, ball bearings, Lucille Ball, fried shrimp, coconut, shrimp....

Apparently Terrance's zing was about how he'd suck so much as a DJ that the only party he'd be playing would be underground.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I am eagerly awaiting Kyle's zing.

Damnit.

I mean, I wish we had a Kyle zing.  No oblique references?  Or was BB production too reluctant to touch that third rail?

Edited by HurricaneVal
Hit the button too early. Much like Kyle....
  • Love 1