Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Suspicious Minds

• Start Topic

(edited)

Can we add Chleb to the permanent cast, and kick Kathryn off?  Please???

Naomi didn't just belittle Craig about his ice chewing.  She said (paraphrasing):  "women find ice chewing really unattractive".  In other words, she didn't just jab him about his ice chewing, but she threw the word "unattractive" in there.  It's a subtle, but intentional, dig at him.  

FWIW:  Ice chewing is often a sign of anemia, so instead of digging at him, she could recommend a doctor.  Oh wait, that would be helpful.  Sorry, we're talking about Naomi here.

I'm in the camp of thinking that Craig met up with Naomi, got passionate, reminisced, and then truly "woke up" (figuratively) from his dream-state and realized what a shrew she really is.

Walking back into that house had to have been hard.  BTDT.  You go back to a physical place where you were once so happy, and you're like....wow....OMG....I was so happy back then.  It temporarily paralyzes you, suspends you in time, until you snap back and realize how much bad happened there.

While I don't begrudge Naomi for her plastic surgery (I've had some, full disclosure), I think she did too much.  Her nose is too "scooped out", rather than just simply straightened.  I was super specific with my plastic surgeon:  I just want the bump taken out, new straight nose. He got it.  She probably pressured hers into this curvy, blobby thing that she now has.  The tip of her nose is still bulbous, so it just looks odd.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I'm in the camp of thinking that Craig met up with Naomi, got passionate, reminisced, and then truly "woke up" (figuratively) from his dream-state and realized what a shrew she really is.

I'm in the same camp. 

I also think Paige & Craig are truly a couple. They've been official for almost a year now and are together often (as in every few days) It appears they split time between her place in NYC and his in Charleston. Do they both like the increased exposure (and $$) their relationship gives them, sure, but I don't see them faking an entire romance just for it. 

Impressed with Chleb. Some of Kathryn's behaviors he shared with his Mom were definite red flags. Still, I can't hep but feel bad for Kathryn's situation, I just don't think she has good family support and she's alienated any real friends. I do wish she'd get help, real professional help. Thomas is still a shitbag and those kids will want to know their mother. 

Every year Patricia picks her mentee, the one she hopes will follow in her footsteps.  This year that appears to be Naomi. Blarg.

Veneta is not someone I am interested in. She can lose me on the super hard life of being an influencer. I also vehemently dislike the brunette chick from Gwynn's (the one who also showed up on Below Deck).  Does she really think the gray highlights are attractive?

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

I also think Paige & Craig are truly a couple.

Oh, I do think they are a couple right now. I just don't think it's going to last because they both have full lives in different cities and when it gets down to crunch time of who is going to move where they won't be able to come to an agreement. I read an article that they said they would talk about it when it was time to have kids. Really? That decision needs to be made long before kids enter the picture and if you really love each other don't you get tired of commuting all the time? The relationship is still new so we will see. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

She probably pressured hers into this curvy, blobby thing that she now has.  The tip of her nose is still bulbous, so it just looks odd.

That’s what’s weird about it, it is still bulbous!

43 minutes ago, snarts said:

Does she really think the gray highlights are attractive?

I was like Jesus she aged a decade since last season!  Why would anyone get gray highlights??

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

I don’t necessarily like Olivia yet but I felt bad for her when the Regina George girls ganged up on her for having a seemingly unbiased and pretty straightforward opinion. I thought that was really nasty and ugly of them and I was about to really dislike Venita until she apologized (btw which I was impressed by). 

Aww, I felt a little tug in the heart with that Craig/Naomie flashback with the promise ring. I truly think that she was the love of his life and I see a totally different relationship with Paige for sure— obviously Naomie and Craig reached a point of toxic that I don’t think you come back from, but he seemed so so in love with her and I would not love watching that episode if I was Paige. I kinda think that Craig slept with Naomie to get back at her for breaking his heart and then moving on so smugly with Metool. She clearly made comparisons the whole time they were together (Metool) and it seemed like a textbook “pick the polar opposite of your last partner” thing with him. JMO

Paige being on my Bravo screen 3/4 of the year is too much. The end. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11
On 7/2/2022 at 11:59 AM, snarts said:

I can't help but feel bad for Kathryn's situation, I just don't think she has good family support and she's alienated any real friends.

Kathryn is in Nashville this weekend, apparently spending time with her latest beefy new beau(he looks like a gym tool type). She’s actually hanging out exclusively with a major Bravo Instagramer, which sorta made me sad for Kathryn…she obviously never has been able to maintain any meaningful friendships/relationships. She still seems painfully superficial and lost, even at age 30.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

She still seems painfully superficial and lost, even at age 30.

Though younger than many/most, she is a classic victim of two people; herself and Andy Cohen.  Debate could be had on which should get top billing.  I know that AC isn't as influential (if at all) in the programming as he once was, but I still see him as a villain.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 7/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, heatherchandler said:

That’s what’s weird about it, it is still bulbous!

I was like Jesus she aged a decade since last season!  Why would anyone get gray highlights??

Sometimes it’s better to stick with what God gives you.  Naomi had a certain beautiful look to her with her old nose.  Not now, I don’t think.  Katherine needed nothing fixed, except a labotomy, if that’s how you spell it.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Sometimes it’s better to stick with what God gives you.  Naomi had a certain beautiful look to her with her old nose.  Not now, I don’t think.  Katherine needed nothing fixed, except a labotomy, if that’s how you spell it.

I also preferred Naomie’s natural skin tone. With her self tanner and face work she looks a little “middle aged Florida housewife”. She had a very cute, unique look with her old nose. 

I might be in the minority but I think Olivia is more beautiful than Madison. She’s very naturally pretty too. Unlike Madison now who looks like a literal plastic Barbie, gleaming Chiclet teeth and orange skin included. Plus her smirk and evil eyebrow she has going on. Madison is ugly on the inside and it translates.

She had to say to Austen, “do you have a million to bet?” when he said he bet a million dollars she would show up. She’s a see you next Tuesday at all times. 

Chleb is super cool. I loved the way he said to Kathryn, “ask any of my friends if I ever start a problem…!” He was so exasperated by her. The other super chill guy is Pringle, I like his demeanor. He’s above all the fray and not gossiping like a woman. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 9:14 AM, bichonblitz said:

Oh, I do think they are a couple right now. I just don't think it's going to last because they both have full lives in different cities and when it gets down to crunch time of who is going to move where they won't be able to come to an agreement. I read an article that they said they would talk about it when it was time to have kids. Really? That decision needs to be made long before kids enter the picture and if you really love each other don't you get tired of commuting all the time? The relationship is still new so we will see. 

I think they are a couple, I just think the main attraction is the added exposure they both get. I think they probably like each other just fine and, having watched Craig for so many seasons, he may have convinced himself it's real, but I think they are essentially friends with benefits. We will see. I also think Kathryn and Chleb were a real couple while they were, but I think Kathryn was trying to prove she wasn't a racist more than anything else. But, I don't mean that I think  in either case, they got together and said "let's fake a relationship for screen time." 

Edited by chlban
  • Like 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Though younger than many/most, she is a classic victim of two people; herself and Andy Cohen.  Debate could be had on which should get top billing.  I know that AC isn't as influential (if at all) in the programming as he once was, but I still see him as a villain.

He's a villain, but Kathryn was a truly troubled girl during her first season when I believe she was 21. She is a classic Narcissist and very immature. Truth is that she has changed very little, except physically, since her first season. Narcissists cannot ever accept that they do anything wrong. Losing custody if her children to a Convicted Felon did not wake her up, either time, and she is still appearing on national television drunk or stoned. Andy is evil, but he did not create the Narcissist that is Kathryn.

14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, chlban said:

Andy is evil, but he did not create the Narcissist that is Kathryn.

But he gave her a national forum. That's what Bravo does - put disturbed people on the air and watch the viewers swarm to watch.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

But he gave her a national forum. That's what Bravo does - put disturbed people on the air and watch the viewers swarm to watch.

No argument there. That pretty much describes most of Reality TV. And since I watch a few of the Housewives franchises and, 2 of the Southern Charms, I am among the swarm. My point is simply that, IMO,  Kathryn's life would be just as much of a train wreck had she not been on the show. Maybe wirse without the paycheck. Blaming Andy, or Thomas or Chleb or Patricia or Danni or Naomie or Whitney or Jennifer any of the dozens  of others she has blamed for her problems is exactly what Narcissists do. They are never wrong, thus never responsible for making a mistake or bad choice. She is now a 30 year old woman. She has been to rehab, I don't even know how many times. She has also lost custody of her children twice, that I know of. Second show of the season, so presumably early in filming, she shows up on National Television drunk or stoned and throws yet another tantrum. Kathryn is responsible for Kathryn. If only being allowed to have supervised visits with your own children doesn't pull you out of the mess you are in, I doubt being fired would. 

• Like 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, chlban said:

No argument there. That pretty much describes most of Reality TV. And since I watch a few of the Housewives franchises and, 2 of the Southern Charms, I am among the swarm. My point is simply that, IMO,  Kathryn's life would be just as much of a train wreck had she not been on the show. Maybe wirse without the paycheck. Blaming Andy, or Thomas or Chleb or Patricia or Danni or Naomie or Whitney or Jennifer any of the dozens  of others she has blamed for her problems is exactly what Narcissists do. They are never wrong, thus never responsible for making a mistake or bad choice. She is now a 30 year old woman. She has been to rehab, I don't even know how many times. She has also lost custody of her children twice, that I know of. Second show of the season, so presumably early in filming, she shows up on National Television drunk or stoned and throws yet another tantrum. Kathryn is responsible for Kathryn. If only being allowed to have supervised visits with your own children doesn't pull you out of the mess you are in, I doubt being fired would. 

I think she will be the next Anna Nicole.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A villain who loves to make women look ridiculous.

• Love 4

I don’t know who and what to believe anymore.  Some of these couples are planted for drama, and some are real.  Same with some other shows I watch.  They match for drama, not for love.  What the hell?  I do not one hundred percent believe Chleb and Katherine really care for each other, plus Shep and his girlfriend.  Craig .. I don’t know.  Maybe that’s why some others have left.  The good ones.  They didn’t want to play the game.  All confusing, to me anyhow.

• Love 1
On 7/3/2022 at 12:49 AM, Chicken Fingers said:

The only real, lasting couple on the show is Whitney and Miz Pat. They always look so delightfully odd showing up at the youngsters' parties. It's like they took a wrong turn on their way to Motherboy.

F9D034C5-5C55-43D2-B681-034F30F2AEEE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

Chleb actually seems like a really decent guy - I enjoyed that whole segment focusing on him.  Maybe he thought he could help Katherine by giving her some stability and treating her well.  It's a shame that that doesn't seem to have worked.  I just feel bad for her, on a basic human compassion level.  Who knows how her life might have turned out by age 30 if not for the show.

Regarding the Madison with the gray streaks: several seasons back, she had natural gray starting, just a few threads here and there.  It looks like they've multiplied through the years, as with all of us, and she's just not covering them.  Good for her for embracing her natural aging.  I've never been sure how I felt about her personally - I liked her reserve when she first started showing up, and the way she measured her words and was always careful to not phrase things aggressively, but I also wondered if that was masking a deeper not-so-nice side.  Jury's still out.

Does Naomie still have that online boutique whose name I could never spell?

• Love 5
On 7/3/2022 at 1:49 AM, Chicken Fingers said:

The only real, lasting couple on the show is Whitney and Miz Pat. They always look so delightfully odd showing up at the youngsters' parties. It's like they took a wrong turn on their way to Motherboy.

OMG I LOVE THAT SHOW and you made me literally laugh out loud. 

Seriously, how many times has Katherine moved? And I think about the Rolls Royce she signed for but just made it look good for the show.

Each season this show gets worse and worse. BUT I still will watch. I do like Chleb.  I like that he made his point that maybe she is the problem. Hope he stands his ground. Not good for her to try and isolate him from his family and friends. How to lose a guy in 10 episodes... 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, mandymax said:

Chleb actually seems like a really decent guy - I enjoyed that whole segment focusing on him.  Maybe he thought he could help Katherine by giving her some stability and treating her well.  It's a shame that that doesn't seem to have worked.  I just feel bad for her, on a basic human compassion level.  Who knows how her life might have turned out by age 30 if not for the show.

Regarding the Madison with the gray streaks: several seasons back, she had natural gray starting, just a few threads here and there.  It looks like they've multiplied through the years, as with all of us, and she's just not covering them.  Good for her for embracing her natural aging.  I've never been sure how I felt about her personally - I liked her reserve when she first started showing up, and the way she measured her words and was always careful to not phrase things aggressively, but I also wondered if that was masking a deeper not-so-nice side.  Jury's still out.

If Caleb is a really decent guy, he wouldn’t have connected to Kathryn in the first place. The only reason people go on this show is notoriety and fame. My family would be ashamed if one of our family members ever went on this show. 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2022 at 10:18 AM, chlban said:

Lost custody to a convicted Felon. Yes, I know he's rich, but he has been quite shamed in his home state, a conservative state at that. There has to be some really bad stuff there to not only lose custody, but to only be allowed supervised visits. She is worrying about spreading rumors about Jason and attacking Naomie for calling her on it when she cannot see her own children without supervision. Great priorities. Those poor, poor children.

I don't know. I've been following the Murdaugh Murders podcast and have come to the conclusion that the SC courts are absolutely skewed in favor of someone who comes from a wealthy, powerful family. When attorneys are stealing with impunity from their clients, colluding with each other, covering up questionable deaths, and everyone including the appellate courts are turning a blind eye, the concept that a rich guy from an "old" family could rig a decision in his favor isn't really a stretch.

Not that I think Katherine isn't screwed up seven ways to Sunday, but I'm willing to concede that the fact that she doesn't have custody isn't necessarily indicative of what she has or has not done.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't know. I've been following the Murdaugh Murders podcast and have come to the conclusion that the SC courts are absolutely skewed in favor of someone who comes from a wealthy, powerful family. When attorneys are stealing with impunity from their clients, colluding with each other, covering up questionable deaths, and everyone including the appellate courts are turning a blind eye, the concept that a rich guy from an "old" family could rig a decision in his favor isn't really a stretch.

Not that I think Katherine isn't screwed up seven ways to Sunday, but I'm willing to concede that the fact that she doesn't have custody isn't necessarily indicative of what she has or has not done.

She is only allowed supervised visits with her children and she shows up drunk and/or stoned, with lipstick smeared all over her face like a Toddler that got into her mother's make up, on National Television. If it was just about the courts bending to Ravenel money, she would not have been given shared custody previously during one of the Kathryn redemption seasons.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, chlban said:

She is only allowed supervised visits with her children and she shows up drunk and/or stoned, with lipstick smeared all over her face like a Toddler that got into her mother's make up, on National Television. If it was just about the courts bending to Ravenel money, she would not have been given shared custody previously during one of the Kathryn redemption seasons.

I read that Saint has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome from Katherine drinking and drugging while pregnant so I’m sure any judge is already predisposed against her.  Then Saint was found wandering alone by a road while Katherine’s father was supposedly watching him.  Add the failed drug tests and I doubt she ever gets the kids back.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I read that Saint has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome from Katherine drinking and drugging while pregnant so I’m sure any judge is already predisposed against her.  Then Saint was found wandering alone by a road while Katherine’s father was supposedly watching him.  Add the failed drug tests and I doubt she ever gets the kids back.

I doubt she wants them back, although she would probably prefer unsupervised visits. 

• Love 4
On 7/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, mandymax said:

I’ve always liked Madison, though she has her flaws.  I’m curious of her role on the show now.  Dealing with this cast….might bring out my not-so-nice side for sure.  Of course, being a real terror often brings value to your character on a realty show, so I keep that in mind.  

I like Naomie too and think she looks great.  Prayers the thing about her and Craig is a farce for the show.  Imo, she attracts guys that aren’t in her league.  

• Love 2
On 7/1/2022 at 11:33 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I know!!! How crazy is that! Is she trying to trap a man like Katheryn tried to trap TRav?  I guess those oversize ugly fake eye glasses she wore could serve as birth control.

I will be in Charleston in a few weeks and was looking at dining options, I remembered that Naomi's family have a couple of restaurants and decided on one for the first night, Saltwater Cowboy, low and behold Shep & Co. were there...my plan is to take the water taxi to the marina then Uber to the restaurant because it is in Mt. Pleasant, has anyone on here been to SWC?

I have been to Saltwater Cowboy a couple times.  It’s a fun restaurant with a great outdoor patio.  The restaurant Naomi’sDad owned is NICO which is close to Saltwater Cowboy. I want to go there some time. Nico Romo was the caterer at Naomi’s party. He also has the restaurant Bistronomy by Nico in Charleston which I highly recommend!  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Schippmom said:

I have been to Saltwater Cowboy a couple times.  It’s a fun restaurant with a great outdoor patio.  The restaurant Naomi’sDad owned is NICO which is close to Saltwater Cowboy. I want to go there some time. Nico Romo was the caterer at Naomi’s party. He also has the restaurant Bistronomy by Nico in Charleston which I highly recommend!  

Thank you, I feel like I should invite you along if I go to NICO.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you, I feel like I should invite you along if I go to NICO.

That’s so sweet...thanks but I’m actually in Delaware now until fall. We live on a boat and have spent several winters in Charleston.  You will have a wonderful time.  It’s such a beautiful city with so many great restaurants 

• Love 3