Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Watching this now, and I feel sorry for Daisy.  I don't know about anyone else, but when they are all in their little boxes on the screen, Daisy's face is covered by an ad for the new Minions movie.  So distracting!!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, APK said:

Ashley Marti was a no-show for the reunion.

I liked Andy's comment: just because she's not here, doesn't mean we are not going to talk about her.  She was the topic of many questions and answers.  If she had shown up, she could have provided her viewpoint or defended herself.  But, I'm sure she didn't want to face the music.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Watching this now, and I feel sorry for Daisy.  I don't know about anyone else, but when they are all in their little boxes on the screen, Daisy's face is covered by an ad for the new Minions movie.  So distracting!!

That would be distracting but honestly there were no Minions on my view.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 06/27/2022

A multi-part reunion?!

Surely they jest, it was painful enough trying to get through one show 😝 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I saw the Minion over Daisy’s “square”, too! It reminded me of Mike Wazowski in Monsters, Inc.  lol 

I thought this was a decent reunion show, relatively speaking. I wasn’t surprised that Ashley didn’t show up. I agree that it would’ve been in her best interest to be there, to at least give her point of view. It’s a shame, I hope she can move on after this and be whoever she wants to be.  Also, I had no idea that people were claiming that she assaulted Gary.  We weren’t there and we only know what the editors showed us, but I had no doubt that Gary was a willing participant, in the moment. It was good that he cleared that up, and asked people to stop harassing her about it.  

I thought it was interesting that Gary was at Daisy’s new apartment. I think they have a genuine friendship, but I hope that they don’t end up together. I agree with Daisy when she said “I don’t know where his penis has been”.  Lol. 

I wonder if they’ll be back next season. 🤔 Ok, I have no idea how to get rid of those Spoiler boxes. Lol. I hit the icon above, twice, trying to type on my iPad mini.

Glenn is really my favorite captain now. I liked his explanation as to why he had no choice but to fire Tom, and why he couldn’t hire him in the future. He seems like a very fair person. 

Kelsie seems like a class act. Good for her. 

I am not a fan of Sandy’s, but I heard that she had a rough time with her new crew, so it might be fun to see that happen. I’ve already seen Below Deck Down Under, and all I’ll say about that is that I really enjoyed Aesha as the Chief Stew. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, endure said:

That would be distracting but honestly there were no Minions on my view.

There were no Minions on my TV screen. I think people who saw the Minions were watching on their iPads and computers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I was relieved not to see Ashley. Unfortunately she's headed for rode-hard, put-up-wet by age 30.

As it was, they spent too much time on Gary and Daisy. That has to mean they will be featured as a couple next season. This is the slow build. Bravo will tease this non-existent relationship through several seasons. Gag.

And Gary's only 33? He needs to throw away the cigarrettes and add sunscreen to his health regimen.

Guess Tom's mama give him a talking to. He may be growing up. Glenn was clearly signalling to all BD cast that you don't mess with the boat.

I'm surprised Daisy defended Ashley, given the context of the discussion and having seen the gaslighting scenes. Maybe Daisy is trying to rise above the drama on-camera. I'm glad Gary and Glenn defended Gabriela, because it's clear Bravo soft-pedaled what happened. I think there's way more to the story, and I think Marco is also part of that story. I hope Gaby feels a little bit vindicated, because being alone in a gaslight scenario is horrible. I wonder if Bravo egged Ashley on. Gaslighter + no sleep + too much work = depression and disorientation.

In fact, I thought there were moments where Gaby still looked a bit off sitting in her little box.

Looks like Barnaby has left our TV screens forever, unless he's pitching is new business to a production company.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

There were no Minions on my TV screen. I think people who saw the Minions were watching on their iPads and computers.

Nope - I was watching on my TV.  I wonder if maybe it had something to do with the cable provider.  I have Comcast, which owns Universal Pictures, who is distributing the Minions movie, so that makes sense.  It was distracting to me, as I like to see all of their reactions to the comments and questions (although I HATE this whole remote reunion format!!)

Other than that, it was a boring reunion.  I would have liked to have heard more from Marcos, but good for him that he's so busy and apparently very successful.  I would have liked to hear more from Glenn about how he feels seeing all the crew's after-hour antics, and HOW the hell he sleeps through all of that.  I would have liked to have heard more from Colin, on just about anything. I find him to be one of the most genuine and likable crew members from every BD franchise.

They have clearly established that Gary is a flirty horndog, so I felt rehashing all of that was just boring.  Frankly, I think Gary is bored with it, too, although, that is the persona he decided to put out there, so he needs to live with it.  Plus, I don't get the appeal.  He's likable enough and an expert at flirtation, but I find his personal appearance messy and even dirty looking at times, so that's an instant turn-off for me.

I won't even comment on Ashley, she's a non-entity to me at this point.  I read that she did a live broadcast on social media somewhere during the reunion broadcast.  Let her go and live on her "Only Fans" income for the next year or two, because by then, she will have outlived her fame, her followers will move on to the next new thing, and she'll be wondering what to do with the rest of her sad life.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7

I don't get why Bravo is calling this "Part 1." It didn't sound like there would be a Part 2 and as it was, there was a lot of repetition - people asking basically the same questions over and over. About fifteen minutes spent on whether Gary and Daisy should bang. 

I thought some of it was interesting though - despite the Kumbayas they didn't shy away from calling each other out. Daisy seemed pretty defensive. I'm sure they are getting all kinds of feedback on social media, clearly Daisy is aware people think she's a shit manager for what went down between Gabriela and Ashley. She really had her back up about that and you could tell Gabriela was pretty annoyed. Gary was more easy-going and took criticism in stride, as did Tom. Marcos was the only one who sort of tried to defend Ashley and it was pretty obvious he and Gabriela still don't like each other. There's more to that story they don't want us to know about for some reason.

I watched live on Bravo; the Minions promo was in the upper right hand corner of the screen, not on top of anyone.

I’ve already seen Below Deck Down Under, and all I’ll say about that is that I really enjoyed Aesha as the Chief Stew. 

Where is it? Do you have to live in Australia to see it?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't get why Bravo is calling this "Part 1." It didn't sound like there would be a Part 2 and as it was, there was a lot of repetition - people asking basically the same questions over and over. About fifteen minutes spent on whether Gary and Daisy should bang. 

I thought some of it was interesting though - despite the Kumbayas they didn't shy away from calling each other out. Daisy seemed pretty defensive. I'm sure they are getting all kinds of feedback on social media, clearly Daisy is aware people think she's a shit manager for what went down between Gabriela and Ashley. She really had her back up about that and you could tell Gabriela was pretty annoyed. Gary was more easy-going and took criticism in stride, as did Tom. Marcos was the only one who sort of tried to defend Ashley and it was pretty obvious he and Gabriela still don't like each other. There's more to that story they don't want us to know about for some reason.

I watched live on Bravo; the Minions promo was in the upper right hand corner of the screen, not on top of anyone.

Below Deck Down Under is currently streaming on Peacock, but I'm seeing advertisements for it on Bravo, so I'm assuming it will be airing on Bravo at some point soon.

• Useful 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's only available on Peacock, a streaming service I believe.  It's not on the Bravo website nor broadcast on the Bravo cable channel.

It's interesting -- better shots of fish in the water/snorkeling, etc than the other BDs.  Interesting crew too, including a Captain who's already run one ship aground, a mental cook, and a ship that has definitely seen better days.  (:

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Nope. I had them and was watching on the tv. So annoying. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I watched it on DirectTV and the Minion promo was in the upper right, but when they showed all the crew in the boxes, the Minion was right over Daisy's face 😃

Other than that, I thought it was pretty boring.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I saw the Minion over Daisy’s “square”, too! It reminded me of Mike Wazowski in Monsters, Inc.  lol 

I thought this was a decent reunion show, relatively speaking. I wasn’t surprised that Ashley didn’t show up. I agree that it would’ve been in her best interest to be there, to at least give her point of view. It’s a shame, I hope she can move on after this and be whoever she wants to be.  Also, I had no idea that people were claiming that she assaulted Gary.  We weren’t there and we only know what the editors showed us, but I had no doubt that Gary was a willing participant, in the moment. It was good that he cleared that up, and asked people to stop harassing her about it.  

I thought it was interesting that Gary was at Daisy’s new apartment. I think they have a genuine friendship, but I hope that they don’t end up together. I agree with Daisy when she said “I don’t know where his penis has been”.  Lol. 

I wonder if they’ll be back next season. 🤔 Ok, I have no idea how to get rid of those Spoiler boxes. Lol. I hit the icon above, twice, trying to type on my iPad mini.

Glenn is really my favorite captain now. I liked his explanation as to why he had no choice but to fire Tom, and why he couldn’t hire him in the future. He seems like a very fair person. 

Kelsie seems like a class act. Good for her. 

I am not a fan of Sandy’s, but I heard that she had a rough time with her new crew, so it might be fun to see that happen. I’ve already seen Below Deck Down Under, and all I’ll say about that is that I really enjoyed Aesha as the Chief Stew. 

Hide contents

Hide contents

Glen is the ONLY captain I like and I like him a lot, I'm sure he is great to work for and I get it too why he had no choice but to let Tom go.  If there was any chance of that incident or any other by Tom happening under his watch his (Glen's) career would likely be finished too.  The insurance company and owner would have held him responsible ultimately.  Tom seemed genuinely understanding and he took responsibility for a lot of his actions, which was really admirable.  

I bet Gary and Daisy will be back, but doesn't sound like Colin, Barnaby or the chef will be 😕 Ashley will def not be 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I thought Gabriella was more defensive than Daisy.... and I agree there's more going on there but overall I think Gabriella overreacted during the season and still is, but she's not being forthcoming so I find it difficult to throw her any support.  I hope it wasn't a Gary thing.

Edited by endure
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

There were no Minions on my iPad watching but probably because I'm in Canada and we often get different ads, I watched on Bravo.

• Love 1

Ashely was smart to not come on the reunion because she would have been a target. Why put yourself through that if you are never going to be on another season? She obviously thought she had it figured out. She wanted to jump on Gary and get lots of screen time for a boatmance in the same way that Jenna and the Van Chef did in the first season. What she didn't count on was that Gary likes the chase, so he wasn't that into her.

Gabby is a weird duck all around. Why did she jump in the sack with Gary? That seemed to come out of nowhere. Nobody really questioned her as they all seem to walk on eggshells around her. I think Marcos had her pegged from the get go. 

Tom really manned up and took responsibility for his screw ups. If he had done that doing the season he might not have been fired.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Ashely was smart to not come on the reunion because she would have been a target. Why put yourself through that if you are never going to be on another season?

I'm surprised it isn't contractual. I understand why she wouldn't want to do it but I'm not buying her excuse that she wouldn't have been able to control the questions or the narrative. She had an opportunity to stand up and defend herself and she chose not to. That's the surest way of making sure you can't control the narrative.

• Love 5

It is probably contractual but if you have no chance of coming back why would you care?

Ashley is just a confused young woman who miscalculated her approach to the show and is the target of a lot of people on social media.

The fact of the matter is she did sexually assault Gary because having sex with someone who is too drunk to say no is definitely assault in this day and age. Gary just blew it off because he is a man, and he must feel that he should just laugh it off and not come off as weak. She was way out of line and if she were a man she would have been in big trouble.

Big double standard.

She is better off sticking to Only Fans.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

11 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

It's only available on Peacock, a streaming service I believe.  It's not on the Bravo website nor broadcast on the Bravo cable channel.

It's interesting -- better shots of fish in the water/snorkeling, etc than the other BDs.  Interesting crew too, including a Captain who's already run one ship aground, a mental cook, and a ship that has definitely seen better days.  (:

They’re also airing it on Bravo after BDM.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Daisy was defensive and she had no regrets about her hands off approach to Gabby and Ashley? That’s because she was wrong. It’s disappointing she doesn’t think she played some part in Gabby leaving.

I give zero F’s about a Gary and Daisy romance. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Daisy was defensive and she had no regrets about her hands off approach to Gabby and Ashley?

I really believe that production restricts the managers from supervising their staff, especially when there's a vulnerable stew or deckhand being mistreated. This goes all the way back to the original BD. The talent recruiters spot these vulnerabilities and think "sign 'em up!" Daisy is probably very frustrated but cannot break the 4th wall.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I really believe that production restricts the managers from supervising their staff, especially when there's a vulnerable stew or deckhand being mistreated. This goes all the way back to the original BD. The talent recruiters spot these vulnerabilities and think "sign 'em up!" Daisy is probably very frustrated but cannot break the 4th wall.

They want to milk the drama in some cases.

Though what's his name got the boot quickly when he screwed up night watch.

Ashley and Daisy had some responsibility in what happened, but I wouldn't give Gabby a pass. Her behavior was pretty bad all the way around. If she is so sensitive maybe she shouldn't have crawled into bed with Gary. The fact that Marco can't stand her ks telling.

I would not want to hire either Ashley or Gabby albeit for different reasons.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, aghst said:

They want to milk the drama in some cases.

Though what's his name got the boot quickly when he screwed up night watch.

I think that is because of the boat owner and the insurance company. Glen could lose his job if he didn't fire him.  It also  didn't help that the production boat took off and left them when all this happened.

• Love 4

It is probably contractual but if you have no chance of coming back why would you care?

Well, Bravo could sue for breach of contract, although I suspect that would open a can of worms they'd rather not deal with in cases like Ashley's. It might also affect whether or not they get paid. I'm not sure if they get any kind of  salary from Bravo or if the tip money is the only money they make doing this show. With some reality shows, the contestants don't get paid until the episodes have aired.

• Love 1

Andy spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME on Daisy and Gary. A little bit of them is fun and spices up the show but too much (like here) was stupid.

Ashley stayed away? I think she’s a sad person and this is further proof of that. I think she mostly redeemed herself by the final episode. She figured out that to succeed and earn Daisy’s respect she had to WORK.

This industry requires people to work hard at unglamorous jobs in the hot sun, with little sleep, while living in cramped quarters. It’s for a short time period, but so is Boot Camp. And Boot Camp is transformational so I don’t discount the frayed emotions of any crew member. What were Gabriella’s issues? She seems to be a gentle soul who has worked in rough industries and has learned to cope, but not entirely successfully. Marcos has said she reminds him of his old girlfriend and that bad connection may be all it is, bad chemistry. He was wrong when he failed to fire his meal after Gabby told him the guests were seated and those two never recovered. If anyone has to choose between a highly talented chef and a second stew, the chef will always win. She crumpled under the pressure and had to go. I thought she seemed mostly relaxed at the reunion and she looked gorgeous! She’s with Wes now and they both deserve someone nice.

I really like how Gary can take so much teasing about himself and his penis. He shows his good nature over and over. He stood up for Ashley while correctly addressing her immature desperation. I thought he was very fair. I liked him more than last season and I liked him more and more as the season progressed. 

The crew member that most impressed me was Tom. He really took the time since he departed the boat to reflect and consider his actions and words. He learned from his time on the Parsifal and we could see it on the reunion. I think he could have reminded everyone that after a night of calm waters the winds picked up dramatically in a short time. I think it was 25 minutes from a quiet night to bells going off. Not that it makes his failed watch okay, but I think it puts his situation into context. And Glen said Tom’s response led to his firing so I wonder if he might have been able to redeem himself?.Explaining, owning, and apologizing would have gone a long way to helping himself. Then he sat around gossiping about Ashley in front of Glenn instead of polishing, shining, mopping or whatever needed to be done to show his worth. But, I think he’s learned and will provide value going forward.
Good for Tom!!

• Love 7

This industry requires people to work hard at unglamorous jobs in the hot sun, with little sleep, while living in cramped quarters.

Eh, it's not exactly grueling work. They're on a luxury yacht, they're on TV and every three days they go out to a fancy restaurant and get stinking drunk. I'd give it a go, if I were young again. Looks pretty glamorous compared to my day job. I think the only one who really has to bust his ass is the chef. The rest of them have it pretty cushy for the kind of money they're making in tips. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Eh, it's not exactly grueling work. They're on a luxury yacht, they're on TV and every three days they go out to a fancy restaurant and get stinking drunk. I'd give it a go, if I were young again. Looks pretty glamorous compared to my day job. I think the only one who really has to bust his ass is the chef. The rest of them have it pretty cushy for the kind of money they're making in tips. 

That's true it is not exactly grueling work for the stews.

They just have to stay off of Gary's dick.

Somehow, they can never accomplish that.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I've caught up on all of the Below Decks and this one and the original are my favorites.  Mainly due to the Captains and then Colin and Kate from each.  Anyways, I have to wonder since it seems the 2nd and 3rd seasons with Gary were the same.  There was one crew member, who I think was obsessed/stalkerish, with Gary.  The two being Sydney and Ashley.  Then comes in new conquests for him each season. It's like it was a theme for this franchise.  I wonder why it wasn't brought up this season with the reunion.  Unless the whole build up was for Gary to pick Daisy.  Honestly they both deserve each other.  Maybe next season change it up.  

Ashley was disgusting and not because she was drunk.  Watching her eat was gross and sickening.  This was just as bad as listening to someone puke.  I'm glad she didn't return for the reunion.  It was better off without her. 

I hope Colin comes back.  He was great.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I forgot the best part of the reunion:  Colin being so upset that everybody wanted to marry him and no one wanted to shag him!

I loved whoever wrote that they didn't understand why all the women threw themselves at Gary when Colin was so much more attractive. Andy didn't really get Colin's reaction to that, he went straight back to Gary and the girls. 

I hope Colin comes back.  He was great.  

He said he's currently sailing around the world, I hope he is done by the time they film the next season so he can come back. BDSY just isn't the same without him.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

I loved whoever wrote that they didn't understand why all the women threw themselves at Gary when Colin was so much more attractive. Andy didn't really get Gary's reaction to that, he went straight back to Gary and the girls. 

He seems to be a much more quiet & thoughtful drunk that Gary or that may be because he is shy and was also being faithful to his girlfriend of the time. That's also probably why they would all rather marry him, they think they want a dependable husband/boyfriend although in my experience some women get bored with reliable & faithful.

• Love 4

I do find it interesting that both seasons Colin has had a girlfriend that he stays faithful to, and then by the reunion they are history.  I wonder if he is just smart enough to not want to get into the boatmance drama so he makes the relationships seem more serious than they are?  That way he doesn't lose his shine with the female portion of the audience. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Good for Tom for self-reflection, owning his mistakes, and working on maturing.

I guffawed when Gary objected to the phrase "bang Daisy" and so Andy Cohen (not my fave) switched the phrasing up to "should Daisy and Gary 'make love?'", the disgust for that phrase dripping from his voice!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Good for Tom for self-reflection, owning his mistakes, and working on maturing.

I guffawed when Gary objected to the phrase "bang Daisy" and so Andy Cohen (not my fave) switched the phrasing up to "should Daisy and Gary 'make love?'", the disgust for that phrase dripping from his voice!  

That's Andy.   Always keeping it Klassy!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Not surprised Ashley did not show up.  And everyone was pretty civil when talking about her and her behavior during the season.  Gary even stuck up for her, kind of, about the sexual assault.  Not sure if it is because he does remember it and she did not take advantage of him, or he doesn't remember and realizes the shit storm it started with fans.  Fount it funny that Gary was advised not to flirt with women that cannot emotionally handle the flirting without getting feelings.  I don't think Ashley was in love with Gary.  She came on the boat hot and bee lined right to Gary from day one wanting to bang him.  

Glad Gabby is doing better but she seemed defensive with pretty much everyone.  I would love to have the skinny on why Marcos does not like her.  He seems like a pretty down to earth guy so there must be a good reason.  And the way she went off on him at the pool was nasty.  I don't remember him talking to her that way ever.  Just a tad over the top for what we saw.

• Love 2

I liked that this crew "allegedly" got along well for the final charter. 

Glad Chef Marcos is opening his own restaurant. He's a kind soul and a great chef.

Capt. Glen "cool breeze" as always. Love him!

Just refreshing (even if it may have been somewhat fake) that everyone departed on good terms. Last charter guests were nice too.

• Love 2