Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: There's a Jill in the Air

• Start Topic

It seemed so unlike Bravo to start filming on a Jewish holiday (which might affect cast and crew members) but then it hit me - it was designed for Jill to "crash" the girls' trip, a la St. Barts, right down to interrupting the mani pedis. It was funny that hardly anyone got it. 

I will say this for Jill - whoever her cosmetic surgeon is did a great job. It helps that she's not a sloppy drunk (or any kind of drunk) too. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, archer1267 said:

It seemed so unlike Bravo to start filming on a Jewish holiday (which might affect cast and crew members) but then it hit me - it was designed for Jill to "crash" the girls' trip, a la St. Barts, right down to interrupting the mani pedis. It was funny that hardly anyone got it. 

I will say this for Jill - whoever her cosmetic surgeon is did a great job. It helps that she's not a sloppy drunk (or any kind of drunk) too. 

That’s exactly what it was. Didn’t they all know who was going to be there- except Jill? She was kept a secret to pull this off and it flopped, big time

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Vicki admitted that she's anti vax.  The blood clot is irrelevant. The producers are so incredibly irresponsible to allow her there to infect everyone.  I can't believe this show is worth potentially killing those women.

I like how when Dorinda claimed she was "on pause" all the women just stared at her or laughed in their confessionals, saying, I guess we're all on pause!

The vaccine does not stop you from getting it or transmitting it. (Isn’t this old news?) And she had just recovered from a natural case so has natural immunity for at least a while. 

I find Vicki loathesome for many reasons but not being vaxxed is not one of them, particularly when she has had it recently.   

• Love 4

The vaccine does not stop you from getting it or transmitting it. (Isn’t this old news?)

Individuals who are vaccinated are much less likely to be infected, therefore much less likely to spread the virus, so while it does not stop it 100%, it reduces it at a decent rate. (I guess this is new news?)

I find Vicki loathesome for many reasons but not being vaxxed is not one of them

Mileage varies, but I will be adding it to my long list of reasons to loathe Vicki.

• Like 3
  • Love 17
(edited)

I am convinced Andy cooked up this show to make Dorinda look absurd in every circumtance.

Fishing for more compliments (there are never enough for Dorinda) she wonders aloud why nobody has yet mentioned her talent for lobster dissembling.  The only one who has more of a look-at-me persona is Jill.  Surprise!  Poor Jill - I laughed so hard when she says "crickets?" in her TH.  Yeah, nobody was thrilled.  I cracked up when Eva said "I thought it was mimosas!"  What happened to Dorinda - when we saw how fresh faced she looked in the Season 10 clip of Dorinda at Jill's Anti Bullying Fundraiser. 

They're all finding out that this Bravo show ain't like the one they were fired from (Jill:  "They get Turks & Caicos and I get Bluestone Manor. What did I do wrong?")

Is everything Dorinda wears 15 to 20 years old or what?  At breakfast she wore those blue pjs with the feather cuffs (I'm sure those scream elegance to her).  The black embroidered atrocity that she wore at the sound bath has to be 40 years old.  That pink caftan reminds me of something Endora would wear.  Then the camo track suit during the manipedis, and the dreadful sparkly flapper dress -- I swear she has the world's strongest love of tacky.  

Then we get the sound bath guy.  Put a long wig on him and I'd swear it's the shaman from that wigwam in Mexico where Emily faints and has to be taken out?  Then the spooky house with ghosts -- I really didn't realize Dorinda's love of the woo-woo.  Nobody is digging this and I don't blame them.  Boring.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

Two episodes of this and it's pretty clear to me why Dorinda, Vicki, Tamera, Brandi and Jill were fired.  Good grief I'd think they would see this as an audition for a second chance (which I think Dorinda did) and shape up.  Instead they all exhibited the same qualities that got them released in the first place.  

I can't believe I used to find Vickie so entertaining, laughing at her and not with her.   Now, I just see her as a whiny negative Nelly.   Dorinda just seems to be an angrier version of the angry drunk on RHONY. Brandi is still Brandi. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 7/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, Cosmocrush said:

Two episodes of this and it's pretty clear to me why Dorinda, Vicki, Tamera, Brandi and Jill were fired.  Good grief I'd think they would see this as an audition for a second chance (which I think Dorinda did) and shape up.  Instead they all exhibited the same qualities that got them released in the first place.  

I can't believe I used to find Vickie so entertaining, laughing at her and not with her.   Now, I just see her as a whiny negative Nelly.   Dorinda just seems to be an angrier version of the angry drunk on RHONY. Brandi is still Brandi. 

I am completely bored with this show.  I actually really, really enjoyed the first one in Turks and Caicos, but this one just seems like a desperate attempt for these women to remain relevant in the D-list Bravosphere.

Out of all of them, I am really liking Eva (I gave up watching ATL before she came on), and surprisingly am enjoying Phaedra.  I think her talking heads are hysterical!  I'm actually not minding Jill, either.

The rest.... meh!  I wasn't expecting much in the way of personal growth from any of them, and I guess I set my expectations low and these women have gone even lower, if that's possible.

I like Dorinda when she's sober, but boy, when she's drunk, it's horrible.  Tamra is still a nasty shit stirrer, Taylor is still pathetic (although, I guess she's dealing with issues from her marriage to Russell, so I'll give her a pass), Brandi is still a skanky, sad trashmouth and Vicki is still a holier-than-thou, nasty piece of work.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 6/24/2022 at 5:44 PM, Carolina Girl said:

I thought I'd give this a try and watched two episodes.  

And I'm out.  The classless, clueless walking turd that is Brandi Glanville is not something I wish to revisit.

The woman clearly needs help. She is a mess. And what was wrong with her face during the dinner scene? It looked lumpy to me. Did anyone else notice this?

Brandi and Dorinda were both very drunk and slurring. I get nervous when Brandi stands up. I’m afraid she’s going to fall and hurt herself. The woman has no filter. She says whatever pops into her head, and it’s worse when she’s drinking because any inhibitions are diminished. Then she tries to undo the damage with an empty apology. Classic, toxic narcissism.

Vicki seems sad. Not sure it was a good decision for her to sign onto this right after being dumped by Steve. 

Phaedra was rocking that blonde wig!

• Love 3

You're all making some good points.  The fact that NONE of these women are still on their shows makes it very different than Season 1.  There's a level of bitterness, anger, resentment, jealousy, and pure unadulterated desperation.  

Season 1 had Ramona, Lu, and Kyle, who I know were still on their shows.  Were any of the other castmembers fired?  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Were any of the other castmembers fired?  

Cynthia, I believe. She had just left/been let go from RHOA that season (or maybe her last season of RHOA was filmed after, not sure what the filming order was).

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

S1 is good, and Kyle was very different there.  The top dogs were Ramona and Kenya fighting with each other.  Kyle was too scared to do much of anything.  LOL.  

Any way we can get Ramona and Kenya on BH?

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 6/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, what is with that divet on the bridge of her nose, has that always been there?

I can't look at anything else when she's onscreen. I wish Brandi had left her face alone. She was naturally really pretty.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 7/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

You're all making some good points.  The fact that NONE of these women are still on their shows makes it very different than Season 1.  There's a level of bitterness, anger, resentment, jealousy, and pure unadulterated desperation.  

Season 1 had Ramona, Lu, and Kyle, who I know were still on their shows.  Were any of the other castmembers fired?  

Teresa Giudice, Melissa Gorga, and Kenya Moore were also on the first season. Bravo has not fired any of them yet, as far as I know.

• Love 1

I think Blue Stone Manor is magnificent.

I loved Dorinda’s itinerary, but I would not have scheduled anything until 10 am.

Or 11 am.

In my opinion, Eva is prettier now than when she won ANTM. 

Unless something really, REALLY interesting happens with Vicki, I am going to scold Casting for not having three relief housewives on deck, trapdooring Vicki, and introducing her replacement. 

On WWHL, back in the summer, they showed Brandi many celebrity eyebrows. She aced the lesbian eyebrow test, maybe mistook only one or two women? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL, back in the summer, they showed Brandi many celebrity eyebrows. She aced the lesbian eyebrow test, maybe mistook only one or two women? 

It looked as thought the unkept eyebrows were the ones on the lesbians, and the perfect ones were not. I have heard that narcissists have very well kept eyebrows. 

• Applause 1
16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

It looked as thought the unkempt eyebrows were the ones on the lesbians, and the perfect ones were not. I have heard that narcissists have very well kept eyebrows. 

The chef had beautifully-maintained eyebrows, in my opinion. I’m so confused! 

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I burst out laughing when Brandi said "her eyebrows." But on WWHL, she really could guess who's a lesbian based on eyebrows! 

Right? That was impressive!

ETA: Only once, she said she had no idea. Otherwise, perfect score. 🤯

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Lesbian Eyebrow Test is my new band name.

Not to take away from an awesome band name but here is the hole in that theory, my sister who is a lesbian pays more attention to her brows than I do as a straight woman, of course she does not have my natural arch and overall natural beauty, lol. 

She is getting married in November to her girlfriend of 32 years, I suspect her brows to be on fleek for the wedding, do the kids still say "fleek?" No? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Brandi: Shut the fuck up!

Brandi's next sentence: I really like you! 

As for the Lesbian eyebrow test, it's pretty simple what Brandi was doing on WWHL. Well groomed eyebrows-straight. Shaggy eyebrows-lesbian. It wasn't rocket science. 

• Like 1

I'm sooo late to watching this, but the RHUGT episodes remind me of why I loved the shows initially (before they became set pieces for middle-aged women to argue in restaurants). I love to see them having a good time!

I never warmed to Phaedra on RHOA, but I love her here. She's always ready with a quip, whether in person or in her confessionals. I'm enjoying the sexy wig and her confidence. And while I'd stopped watching before Eva's seasons, I know her from ANTM, way back in the day. She's still as gorgeous and warm as I remember her.

Jill Zarin remains exhausting. Seriously, the moment she SURPRISED them, she sucked all the air out of the mani-pedi party. She'll always be a dark cloud, although, sometimes, an entertaining one.

Vicky and Tamra remind me of why I never liked RHOC. They're so uptight and judgemental. Bad energy. Who does Vicky think she is? So self important. Tamra's has always given off a bad vibe to me. There is a darkness in her.

Dorinda -- whose tirades caused me to flee from my beloved RHONY -- is still a bad drunk.

Taylor is still a void, though I enjoyed her talk with Eva.

No one can tell me that Brandi doesn't come on these shows scamming for sex. In addition to needing the check, of course. She's been trying to see Phaedra and Eva naked since she got there. Sex addict energy. Ask poor Caroline Manzo.

• Like 2