Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Parsifal's First Wedding

• Start Topic

Reeling from the news that Parsifal III has a last-minute charter with the hardest preference sheet of the season, the crew try to enjoy their night off. A wild night leads to massive hangovers the next day as Chef Marcos struggles to create a savory but safe menu for the guests based on a complex list of dietary restrictions, plus a three-tiered gluten free wedding cake. Ashley sets her sights on proving to Daisy that she’s ready to be promoted. Scarlett tries to determine if Gary has long-term potential after the charter ends. Pulling off a wedding is the crews biggest challenge yet as they pull out all the stops to end the season strong.

Airdate: 06/13/2022

"Ashley sets her sights on proving to Daisy that she’s ready to be promoted" - isn't this the last charter?!

• LOL 5

What happened to all the people on the beach? Especially the naked guy (I just presume the pixelated individual was a naked guy)? They all magically disappeared just in time for the ceremony - which turned out really sweet...

• Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed this episode, with the exception of the ridiculous demands placed on the chef. Of course, he should have gotten sleep instead of partying until 4am the night before the wedding.

Loved the bride's dress, their simple vows, and the wedding.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8

The wedding turned out to be really lovely. I hate to say it but I was not impressed with the cake. 

What happened to all the people on the beach?

A lot of them were in boats out on the water watching the wedding. I bet the Bravo crew persuaded them to move out of the way for the time being. Might have paid them off.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, dleighg said:

so when Marcos was talking about preparing for his celiac guest, he said "no bread, no rice."

AFAIK, rice is not a problem for celiacs. Any experts out there?

I wondered this too.  Especially because he then served brown rice.  Maybe it's however white rice gets processed?  But I've never heard of any rice having gluten either.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

BDSY is my favorite reality show (not that I watch a ton). Outside of Ashley, they genuinely seem to like each other and have fun. The drunken caterpillar races, the goofy giggling fight in the boys’ cabin, Gary & Colin’s towel snapping that ended badly for poor Colin, Daisy, Gary & Colin trying to take care of Marcos, everyone pulling together (and getting a little teary eyed) for the sweet wedding. I pretty much laughed throughout this episode & most of the others this season. I would work with them in a heartbeat - sign me up Captain Glen!

• Love 16

The wedding did turn out nice.  I always wonder why brides don't pick a more appropriate gown for the setting, but in this case the dress was so beautiful and the bride was gorgeous in it, so it's all good.  It was great that the crowd moved out of the way so the wedding could look picturesque.  On first glance, the beach looked like it would be a disaster and not that pretty, either.  But, everything looked great by the time of the wedding.

I was interested to know why Marcos slathered  a ridiculous amount of buttercream on the cake and then took most of it off again.  I know there is a rustic, unfrosted look that many prefer their cakes to have, but why start with a lot and then remove it?  Inquiring minds want to know...

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I was interested to know why Marcos slathered  a ridiculous amount of buttercream on the cake and then took most of it off again.  I know there is a rustic, unfrosted look that many prefer their cakes to have, but why start with a lot and then remove it?  Inquiring minds want to know...

there's a word for that which is not coming to me, but they do that so that the crumbs are "locked in." Then you refrigerate it, and then *really* frost it. Otherwise you tend to get crumb debris in the nice smooth frosting.

(Crumb coat maybe?)

I thought the wedding was very nice EXCEPT for the very fake looking plastic flowers for the "aisle." I get that they have what they have, but something a little less garish in color would have been nicer, especially since all the bridal party were wearing white.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

Like you can count on Gary to hit on every female crew member, you can count on these comments being in order of the episode broadcast…

Watching Gary continuously pursue Scarlett is painful.  Gary: “Maybe I should just let it be.”  Sure, Gary, sure.  We all know that’s not going to happen.

Meanwhile, Captain Glenn has his head down, getting some rest and not getting drunk.  If we could bottle Glenn’s work ethic and serve that to some of the crew in their shot glasses instead of booze…. No, wait, there wouldn’t be a show then.  It would be called “Below Deck Serious Dedicated Crew”.  Who’d tune in to that?  (:

And of course it wouldn’t be sailing without the obligatory stock shots of objects moving and drawers opening.

Looks like it’s going to be a nice wedding!  With all the careful prep and no drama – when is the shoe going to drop?

Anyone else have a sense of dread regarding that cake and its transport?  Yikes, one false step…

So what will happen in the final episode?  Will there be last-minute guest drama?  Will Marcos get some sleep?  Will Scarlett be able to scrape off Gary?  Will Gary get lucky?  Like a drowsy Marcos, I’ll try to stay awake to find out…

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, dleighg said:

so when Marcos was talking about preparing for his celiac guest, he said "no bread, no rice."

AFAIK, rice is not a problem for celiacs. Any experts out there?

I have celiac. You are correct. Rice is fine. But I also noticed one of the guests was on a low-FODMAP diet for IBS, and that is a seriously restrictive diet. Far more restrictive than a celiac GF diet. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 8

In the long (drone, I suppose) shot you could also see some of the regular beachgoers pulled back away from the wedding area.  

I guess the party hired a local photographer, too.  

Is this group trying to compete with the Canadians for nicest charter ever?  (If you count teaching the crew the "Hurricane," they are pulling ahead!).  They all seem so sweet.  Contrast "steam everything I own" with the diffident "do you happen to have a steamer, because my wedding dress is wrinkled?"

I'd be that guy on the rope swing who came back and hit the mast, except I wouldn't, because I wouldn't have tried it to begin with.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

That was hilarious but could have ended SO badly.  Ever since they brought that out I've been wondering what they would do if someone didn't let go while over the water or, as in this case, not at all.  Now I know, they stand there dumbfounded and mutter 'uh, uh, ok uh, let go now, now, now, oop alright well here you are again we better catch him'.   I wonder if we will see it again or if it will be "put away" in favor of reduced liability.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sorry, but the beach that Captain Glenn chose for the ceremony looked abysmal - and that isn't taking into consideration the crowd that was already using it. Given that the wedding took place later in the day some people did go home but as someone said there were several boats at anchor in the cove to watch. Also, there were some people on the beach and off to the side in bathing suits that were shown as part of the video footage.

This three day charter actually made sense as an  alternative to the hugely expensive traditional weddings where everything is for show and the bride and groom don't really enjoy themselves. I just didn't like the beach they chose, staying onboard might have been a better choice.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Sorry, but the beach that Captain Glenn chose for the ceremony looked abysmal - and that isn't taking into consideration the crowd that was already using it. Given that the wedding took place later in the day some people did go home but as someone said there were several boats at anchor in the cove to watch. Also, there were some people on the beach and off to the side in bathing suits that were shown as part of the video footage.

When they first showed the beach, it did look so crowded that they wouldn't even be able to set up. But once they did, I thought it was lovely. I think it comes down to the couple's expectations. They didn't request a lavish wedding on a private beach. They just wanted a short and sweet ceremony on the beach while enjoying their vacation on a sailing yacht. I think that's exactly what Captain Glenn and the crew delivered.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if we will see it again or if it will be "put away" in favor of reduced liability.

If this show was concerned about liability they wouldn't send their crew out to get drunk and stupid between every charter. Even after David's fall last season on BDM - it's a wonder he didn't have a concussion. I'm sure both crew and guests sign all sorts of wavers.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I haven't watched BDM since the Hannah debacle.  Barely tolerated Cpt Sandy and 'whats-her-name" bosun before that, certainly wasn't going to even hate watch and add to their viewers after so I have no idea about any fall last season.

• Love 8

sharkerbaby is hate reading, not hate watching!  I understand that.  It's how I feel about the damn sisterwives, and I haven't read about them in a very long time.

• LOL 2
(edited)

lol, but I do actually watch this one and I don't read the boards for BDM so not really hate reading unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

It's funny you mention sister wives because I used to hate read there but... well, I just don't venture onto those boards but once in a blue moon.  I do sometimes watch the show though but read the forum nah I'll pass.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 1:27 PM, sharkerbaby said:

I haven't watched BDM since the Hannah debacle.  Barely tolerated Cpt Sandy and 'whats-her-name" bosun before that, certainly wasn't going to even hate watch and add to their viewers after so I have no idea about any fall last season.

I’m not watching that series either. Captain Sandy (CS) can pound sand. I’ve got nothing against Bugsy but CS’s treatment of Hannah and Kiko was so unprofessional that I don’t trust her as a leader. I haven’t watched DownUnder yet but Glen and Lee are two completely different kinds of leaders but leaders they are, in stark contrast to CS.

I just realized you are talking about Malia, not Bugsy. Malia was a snake. She repulses me. I can’t watch and increase their chances of returning.

Edited by lcarolynl
added a comma, I hope it makes my post easier to read
  • Love 4

My husband was in the room when I finally watched this episode tonight and while I loved the wedding, save the garish fake flowers, he commented, “Those aren’t vows” and he was right. They declared their love for each other and told us why they love each other but they made no promises, no vows. 
My father used to perform weddings as a Justice of the Peace and he said that technically all you need to do is ask the couple if they want to be married, receive affirmative responses from both parties, and then declare them married. So vows aren’t necessary but Glenn mentioned vows so it started a discussion in our home.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 6/14/2022 at 8:34 PM, Tanukisan said:

nd of course it wouldn’t be sailing without the obligatory stock shots of objects moving and drawers opening.

This makes little sense to me. Even cheap motor homes have locks on the cabinets/drawers to keep them from opening while in motion. I could understand the yacht having these and people neglecting to deploy them... but then there would be recriminations, wouldn't there? "Who left the ___ unlocked?! Now I have to pick all this crap up!" So my guess is that there are such devices and they just don't want us to think there are, to make the sailing more thrilling, I guess. 

I would definitely want to have Marcos as a chef. I went to a fancy molecular gastronomy chef's table and there were literally 10 people right in front of us putting our dishes together for 8 people, and who knows how many in the back kitchen?! We had 27 plates, not 5-6, but still the effort is impressive and they looked great. Most everything he turns to looks great.

Unimpressed with the beach wedding - when you have a freakin' yacht and all the views of the Med available, wearing a gown on public beach is a very specific choice.  I imagine they knew the crowds would disappear at a certain hour because they were tour groups that depart daily at a specific time, the last bus runs at 6 pm, etc., so I don't think that was the major issue.  Full disclosure, however, I really hate sand and only tolerate it for the swimming, so a beach wedding is already something I'd avoid. On a beachy/yachty vacation in a truly deserted beach with stunning backdrops? Maybe (with a different gown choice). But I don't see added value to getting off the yacht at THIS beach.

• Love 5

I figured they were already married, but wanted a romantic beach setting.  Otherwise her dress would have been boxed instead of getting wadded up in her suitcase.  Personally, I would have asked Glen to go to a spot with a spectacular view, and get married on the boat at sunset.  Eliminates the sand and other people factors.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Personally, I would have asked Glen to go to a spot with a spectacular view, and get married on the boat at sunset.  Eliminates the sand and other people factors.

Exactly -- moonlight in a secluded cove, dawn rising over the ramparts of a deserted castle or fort... think how beautiful the photography was in those caves they swam in. Glenn would know the most amazing backdrops.  

• Love 1
On 6/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, Tanukisan said:

Meanwhile, Captain Glenn has his head down, getting some rest and not getting drunk.  If we could bottle Glenn’s work ethic and serve that to some of the crew in their shot glasses instead of booze…. No, wait, there wouldn’t be a show then.  It would be called “Below Deck Serious Dedicated Crew”.  Who’d tune in to that?  (:

ROFL. Thanks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ya know, Ashley is bothering me a lot less now. I think she is extremely insecure, and came on the show with guns blazing and a desperation to make it big on reality tv. I think she's actually very pretty. Her weird obsession with hooking up with Gary made her seem unattractive and kind of scuzzy. Now that she seems to care about her job and has chilled the eff out,she's so much more likable. I hope that she gets off Only Fans and realizes that she has more value than just being a sex object. She actually seems pretty capable as a stew and could probably do okay in life if she valued herself more.

• Love 1