Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/6/2022

• Start Topic

Monday, June 6 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Superfan surprise; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 7 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT); White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha  

Wednesday, June 8 – Lindsey Granger guest co-hosts; Superfan surprise; Ryan O’Connell (actor, co-executive producer and writer, “Queer As Folk”; author, “Just by Looking at Him”)

Thursday, June 9 – Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona; LeVar Burton (“Butterfly in the Sky”)

Friday, June 10 – Bryce Dallas Howard (“Jurassic World: Dominion”); Jenny Mollen (author, “City of Likes”)

• Love 2

Great lineup - Dr. Jha, Secretary Cardona, Senator Murphy. Lindsey is fine on Daily Blast Live - a nationally syndicated infotainment show - but this is not the gig for her. Hopefully she won't embarrass herself too much this time. 

• Love 2

Is it just me or does Lindsey not come equipped with a volume control as she seems to be borderline SHOUTING at times! Dial it down, girlfriend!!! You're going into shrill/shriek territory and as we saw before, that's never a good thing!

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Considering Granger was there and my mind can't stop seeing a 666 in today's date, I was expecting a raging dumpster fire when I turned this on this morning, lol. Ultimately, it ended up being pretty mellow, just like last week.

I don't know why The View puts on these pretenses, saying the superfan believes they're about to be interviewed by local news... The mother and daughter on Friday's show had no reaction at all when it turned out to be Whoopi and The View speaking, so the lie is only for the viewers for some reason?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think Lindsey is making herself a front runner for the seat. The panelists seem to like her the most. She seems more “talking point” heavy than Alyssa or Stephanie, if that makes sense and I don’t love that.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I think Lindsey is making herself a front runner for the seat. The panelists seem to like her the most. She seems more “talking point” heavy than Alyssa or Stephanie, if that makes sense and I don’t love that.

Lindsey today seemed to be adjusting some.  She's slowing down her speech a bit and at least today, not being as confrontational.    That might means she's trying to be a front runner.   Or it could mean she already knows she's not getting the job, and being more "herself"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Shut up, Hannity.  The Committee has been trying to get “the real story” for over a year but your buddies refuse to cooperate. You cannot complain that the testimony is one sided.

Chris Murphy sounds so naive. Does he really think his proposed, compromise legislation is going to go anywhere?

Edited by Haleth
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Blame it in part on the 10-year age gap. Jordan, 35, was reportedly ready to settle down, and Harvey, 25, wasn’t quite there yet. A source close to Jordan told People, “[She] wasn’t ready to commit. She is very focused on her career. [She] realized that they weren’t on the same page [while they] were making plans for their future.”

Interesting! It’s usually the guy who doesn’t want to commit.

• Useful 3

Joy to Sunny: "Honey, you need an acting class." 😂

Those one-liners have been about all that's been worth seeing the past seven shows or so. I know there are only two months before the season's done and May Sweeps is in the rearview for them now, but the show has been very low energy the past week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Blame it in part on the 10-year age gap. Jordan, 35, was reportedly ready to settle down, and Harvey, 25, wasn’t quite there yet. A source close to Jordan told People, “[She] wasn’t ready to commit. She is very focused on her career. [She] realized that they weren’t on the same page [while they] were making plans for their future.”

Interesting! It’s usually the guy who doesn’t want to commit.

Blame what?

19 hours ago, After7Only said:

Lindsey today seemed to be adjusting some.  She's slowing down her speech a bit and at least today, not being as confrontational.    That might means she's trying to be a front runner.   Or it could mean she already knows she's not getting the job, and being more "herself"

IDK but that mouth was going 100 mph yesterday and today.  So glad W. stopped her at one point

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thanks!  I heard of (and lust after) Michael, I have no idea who Lori is.

Same here.  I only know her from being Steve Harvey's daughter.  Model maybe?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

IDK but that mouth was going 100 mph yesterday and today.  So glad W. stopped her at one point

She tried to steamroll Whoopi. Pretty funny since she'd just asked Sunny to let her finish--when I thought she'd talked a great deal already by that point--she then refused to do the same for anyone else.

• Love 7

When are they doing the trip, did they gave a date?  What's with all these super fans going too?  My working theory is that they are padding the beach with all fans so it will look like a big d-----with not a lot of people on set.  Sidenote, has anyone noticed how phallic the new spaceships are??  Almost embarassing.

(edited)

No show today?  Oh, I guess we’ll get a bit until the hearings resume.

Geez, when they went back to the View we immediately got Lindsey on overdrive. Slow down, motor mouth!

Edited by Haleth

Sunny was on fire again this morning! I can understand trying to seek anything that's possible as Murphy said he's trying to do yesterday, but hearing a shill like Lindsey use that same phrase to defend the do-nothing position was repulsive. For someone like her, politics is only a game and right and wrong doesn't seem to be a driving concern.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Lindsey sounds exactly like someone who would be on a show called The Daily Blast. As Whoopi would say, "Here's the thing"-It is 10am. I do not want to be blasted.

I do not like Mathew M-can't spell last name and too lazy to look it up-but no lies were detected in that clip of him. Good for him for speaking up.

****Ugh she gets worse and worse as the show goes on. She is the worst try out so far. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Waaaayyy too much Lindsey.  If she becomes permanent, I don’t think I’ll be able to keep watching.

She's the black Meghan. 

(edited)

I really need someone to answer the question: why are the Republicans against banning AR-15 rifles?  Because telling me a Black man built one to protect his family, after his neighbors were killed, doesn’t explain the Republicans’ position, Lindsey.  Why do civilians need military grade weapons ???  Answer that!

Edited by jalady
  • Applause 2
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, jalady said:

I really need someone to answer the question: why are the Republicans against banning AR-15 rifles?  Because telling me a Black man built one to protect his family, after his neighbors were killed, doesn’t explain the Republicans’ position, Lindsey.  Why do civilians need military grade weapons ???  Answer that!

They argue it's a slippery slope. That if  you ban one then it makes it easier to ban more. Which isn't true.  Assault weapons were banned. That ban was lifted in 2003? and we have seen a dramatic increase in mass shootings with this particular gun since then.

36 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Ugh she gets worse and worse as the show goes on. She is the worst try out so far. 

After her first appearance I said she was the worst.  Why they keep bringing her back is beyond me.  If they hire her she won't create sparks. She will create a dumpster fire with the constant fighting with the other cohosts.  She is antagonistic and is always quick to spit out things to refute what the others say even if it's wrong.  The show would not be enjoyable to watch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/7/2022 at 11:44 AM, Triviatrish2 said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way, because I really  like her…but, what is up with Sunny’s hair??  As a former hairdresser, I recommend a hot oil treatment and a trim.

Great question!

I really think half of her hair is extensions.  In older pictures, she had a fraction that amount of hair!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

They argue it's a slippery slope. That if  you ban one then it makes it easier to ban more. Which isn't true.  Assault weapons were banned. That ban was lifted in 2003? and we have seen a dramatic increase in mass shootings with this particular gun since then.

Well, if you’re gonna bring facts into it… 😊

Lindsey, speaking louder and faster than everyone else doesn’t make your points any more true. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

She's the black Meghan. 

I don't know. I'd compare Lindsey Granger more to Jedediah Bila, than Meghan McCain (although I think Granger is brighter than both of those former co-hosts). McCain is particularly gross, because she has a giant chip on her shoulder from living an... utterly insulated life of extreme wealth and privilege. 

Granger drives me crazy, but I find her far less objectionable than Alyssa Farah Griffin, Stephanie Grisham, and Michele Tafoya, the first two of whom want to exploit The View audience for their redemption tours.

I'd rather have Tara Setmayer (and I don't want Tara) than Lindsey. At least neither of them worked for the former administration.

I really want Ana, but I know that won't happen.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, General Days said:

Granger drives me crazy, but I find her far less objectionable than Alyssa Farah Griffin, Stephanie Grisham, and Michele Tafoya, the first two of whom want to exploit The View audience for their redemption tours.

I'd rather have Tara Setmayer (and I don't want Tara) than Lindsey. At least neither of them worked for the former administration.

I really want Ana, but I know that won't happen.

My sentiments exactly - all of this!!!! As I've said before, Lindsey is just fine on DBL because it's not a political show and she doesn't yell there. Today, I had to turn off the show because of the overlapping yelling Lindsey, Sunny and Joy. It was too much.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jalady said:

You NEED military grade weapons to protect your property when 30 - 50 feral hogs come rampaging through. 

I wish I was being sarcastic, but there are folk who actually say this. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

The two superfans today were so cute. 

Loved Sara pointing out that they found the one Republican that is a fan of Joy's. 🤣

I do have to say that I've liked all the superfans so far.  They're all very cute and sweet and well deserving of a great trip.  I like how they're showing all the different types.  The gay couple, best friends superfans, the first winners of women

• Love 6
22 hours ago, JayD83 said:

She's the black Meghan. 

I can see the comparison but she is nowhere near as rude, obnoxious and rage-inducing as M was. I shudder every time I think of that maniacal presence and how it would hijack damn near every single show. Lindsey needs to just stop being so bloody SHRILL! We can hear you fine, okay?

• Love 4
(edited)

I don’t know how anyone cannot be moved after listening to those people who testified at the gun hearing. It’s horrifying and heartbreaking. How can anyone shrug off their pain so casually?

And no, nothing will be done this time either. Sorry, Sara and Whoopi. I’ll believe it when I see it.  Denying facts will not doom it.

The disparity in response to the threat to SCOTUS vs school kids is unbelievably tone deaf. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

So agreed with Joy when they were talking about Kavanaugh and she pointed out how elites like McConnell want immediate protections for themselves--so they can safely and securely take away our rights--but screw regular people who have to live in fear of gun violence for decades on end? Please.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11
(edited)

Good God, arming teachers is the most ludicrous thing ever. Think back on all your teachers.  Can you picture any of them going all Jack Bauer on a terrorist?  What a joke.

Thank goodness for Levar Burton. I feel better about humanity after listening to him. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The disparity in response to the threat to SCOTUS vs school kids is unbelievably tone deaf. 

It's not just tone deaf. It's disgusting.  They will move quickly to protect SCOTUS justices but if it's  school kids their attitude is well what can you do, gun rights blah blah blah.  

23 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So agreed with Joy when they were talking about Kavanaugh and she pointed out how elites like McConnell want immediate protections for themselves--so they can safely and securely take away our rights--but screw regular people who have to live in fear of gun violence for decades on end? Please.

As much as I blame these politicians and believe me I do blame them we also have to blame the people who keep voting for them.  I think it was yesterday they talked about the NY Congressman who dropped out of his race because there was such a backlash to his saying he would vote for gun restrictions. Where is the backlash for the politicians who say they won't vote for gun restrictions?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12