Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/6/2022

• Start Topic

(edited)
35 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Whoopi is so full of shit.

Whoopie often speaks loudly with authority on things she knows nothing about. What did she say?

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
Just now, Pearson80 said:

What did she say?

During the gun disusssion she was being a contrarian when Joy and Sunny expressed doubt that anything will change. She was saying things have been been done constantly or something like that. (Have they? I dont think so) As per usual, she made little sense. I got the feeling a couple of times she got some words in her ear about things she was saying or they were telling her to go to commercial. Whoopi seems to think that everything she says is profound because she is just so wise. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Oh thank God Secretary Cardona quashed the notion of teachers packing heat in the classroom and expressed his disdain. Truly, there is no stupider idea. His response about a sub teacher having less or no training than the regular teacher was absolutely on point. 

In order to "fight fire with fire" a teacher would need to be armed with an AR 15. The size and lethalness makes the idea of a teacher constantly being strapped with this weapon for 7 hours per day absurd.

• Love 7

I can't take any more Lindsay Granger. She grates. I wish they would just hire someone who is entertaining. I love Sarah. I think every panel needs a Sarah. She is genuinely sweet and nice and also very funny. I don't want her competing for time like the rest of them. If I had to listen to Whoopi and Lindsay  on the regular I would not watch anymore. They both shout people down.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, FaginZorro said:

Oh thank God Secretary Cardona quashed the notion of teachers packing heat in the classroom and expressed his disdain. Truly, there is no stupider idea. His response about a sub teacher having less or no training than the regular teacher was absolutely on point. 

In order to "fight fire with fire" a teacher would need to be armed with an AR 15. The size and lethalness makes the idea of a teacher constantly being strapped with this weapon for 7 hours per day absurd.

I too was glad to hear this idea dismissed as being unrealistic.

In addition to the substitute scenario, there are other practical considerations. Any armed teacher would have to be responsible for securing this weapon 24x7. The weapon shouldn't be left in school overnight or on weekends and holidays, so the teacher now has to arrange for it to be secure during work day (assuming they stay in the same classroom all the time, without changing rooms, they still have to lock it up when they go to the bathroom, eat lunch  - maybe they have lunch duty in the cafeteria, so do they bring the gun then, break time, etc.), then transport to home (what about after school activities or having errands to run?), secure at home overnight, weekends, vacations, etc. Maybe the idea would be that teachers who already owned firearms and were trained would participate which would minimize some training concerns, but you're still expecting teachers to use their private resources in service to the school. (They may be happy to do that, but most jobs don't require you to provide security for the organization if that isn't your primary job). 

I also have to point out that especially in the upper grades, you'd have to be very concerned that some students would try to steal the weapon for their own purposes, so the in school security options have to be stringent.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

During the gun disusssion she was being a contrarian when Joy and Sunny expressed doubt that anything will change. She was saying things have been been done constantly or something like that. (Have they? I dont think so) As per usual, she made little sense. I got the feeling a couple of times she got some words in her ear about things she was saying or they were telling her to go to commercial. Whoopi seems to think that everything she says is profound because she is just so wise. 

Her saying she thinks things will change because she has "faith in the people" was a jaw-dropping moment. That idea might have flown if this was the first shooting, but this happens over and over and over and nothing changed. Believe me, I would have been so thankful if the Senate, who holds all the cards, wanted to enact laws after what happened two weeks ago.  But they don't. This has been a terrible, horrible, sad, horrific time, but mark my words, there will be another one. I could see that Sunny and Joy were frustrated with her but I guess they know better than to argue with Queen Whoopi.

• Love 13

Really Whoopi?

I try to be positive. I try to be hopeful.  But , (please don't take this the wrong way, but   I've been around long enough) if America didn't change anything when all those white children died in Sandy Hook, do we really think these Republicans are going to change anything when majority brown children are shot to pieces? Hell most Americans didn't care Brown children were being torn from their parents and kept in cages. I wish i could be as optimistic as Ana and Whoopi but I just can't.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Really Whoopi?

I try to be positive. I try to be hopeful.  But , (please don't take this the wrong way, but   I've been around long enough) if America didn't change anything when all those white children died in Sandy Hook, do we really think these Republicans are going to change anything when majority brown children are shot to pieces? Hell most Americans didn't care Brown children were being torn from their parents and kept in cages. I wish i could be as optimistic as Ana and Whoopi but I just can't.  

They didn't care when members of Congress were shot.   

• Applause 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Right. They will bring up Steve Scalise every chance they get but never do anything.  

Im not confident anything will change. I'm actually surprised by WG and her very odd optimism.  It could be I live in Ohio and hear just disgusting vulgar things from people I live around. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Cozytea said:
43 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Right. They will bring up Steve Scalise every chance they get but never do anything.  

Im not confident anything will change. I'm actually surprised by WG and her very odd optimism.  It could be I live in Ohio and hear just disgusting vulgar things from people I live around. 

I need to find out what strain Whoopi is smoking these days, I think I need some. I feel your pain-I am in Idaho.

• Love 8

This is the way I see it: 

Saying "It's never gonna happen," gives the Republicans the out. It show's complacency and makes it easier for the anti-gun reform senators to let us down, per se.  We need to continue badgering loudly about what we expect, not give up and say "eh, they're never gonna do it."

I compare it to how my teacher union was asking for a $5000 teacher raise. They were met with resistance from the school board. So now the union is asking for $3000. I'm in the camp of don't back down. We definitely won't get $5k now because we showed complacency and are settling for less.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Saying "It's never gonna happen," gives the Republicans the out. It show's complacency and makes it easier for the anti-gun reform senators to let us down, per se.  We need to continue badgering loudly about what we expect, not give up and say "eh, they're never gonna do it."

I compare it to how my teacher union was asking for a $5000 teacher raise. They were met with resistance from the school board. So now the union is asking for $3000. I'm in the camp of don't back down. We definitely won't get $5k now because we showed complacency and are settling for less.

You make very good points here. I think the reason I feel that nothing will happen--with guns or with the January 6th insurrection is well, that seems to be the trend. The other reason is that when you are hopeful, the losses are a more crushing blow. You are right, though-we need to stay loud and mad for things to ever change.

I hope today's show is live. If they are not talking about the hearings, I am not interested.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
typo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Lindsey hasn’t even said anything offensive yet and I still can’t stand her.

But she hasn’t been screaming. Small favors. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I mostly watch this show for entertainment purposes, but every once in a while I hear something from The View I didn't already know--this time it was that Tucker and Ingraham aired without commercial breaks last night. I knew they weren't airing the hearings, but for heaven's sake...

A shame seeing Lindsey there today since she was only listed for the first three days. *sigh*

• Useful 2
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I mostly watch this show for entertainment purposes, but every once in a while I hear something from The View I didn't already know--this time it was that Tucker and Ingraham aired without commercial breaks last night. I knew they weren't airing the hearings, but for heaven's sake...

A shame seeing Lindsey there today since she was only listed for the first three days. *sigh*

The ONLY fox channel around here that showed the hearings was FBN, every single one of the rest totally ignored them even the local affiliates. I doubt 99% of fox news viewers know what was going on or believed it was fake news, I even switched to fox news a couple of times and the crap that was spilling out of Tucker & his cronies was crazy.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

^ Yeah, but it was the whole "without commercial breaks" part that was news to me. That's some next level desperation.

They lost all the ad revenue they would have received because they couldn't risk their viewers changing the channel during a commercial.  

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

^ Yeah, but it was the whole "without commercial breaks" part that was news to me. That's some next level desperation.

Isn’t his only sponsor the pillow guy?

• LOL 12

Jenny Mollen (and Jason Biggs) were cute. I could tell Joy was a fan from the moment Jenny sat down. She kept saying sweet things about Jason and even called him onstage. I wonder how she knows them personally.

I used to follow Jenny on Instagram but she (along with Jason) quickly became annoying on that platform. I like the title of her book, City of Likes, and I can see how that pertains to her personality and her social media presence. The girl will do anything for 'likes.'

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought it was HILARIOUS and surprising that Bryce has never watched Happy Days! and Henry Winkler is her Godfather! See? That friendship with Henry and Ron was and IS REAL. And those tears and choking up in the final episode they appeared together? REAL. Well, before that wedding. Someone should just pull out the dvd with that episode and make Bryce watch it.

At least she redeemed herself when she said, that yes, she has watched The Andy Griffith Show. How can anyone not adore Opie?

What?

Poor Horatio...😄😂

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Since Ron Howard and Henry Winkler are arguably the nicest people in Hollywood the world, it doesn’t surprise me their friendship is real. 

Yup. And it showed through their performances on the show.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

They lost all the ad revenue they would have received because they couldn't risk their viewers changing the channel during a commercial.  

They can’t afford to lose the grip they have on their viewers! Fox News is almost like a religion to people at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
On 6/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, FaginZorro said:

Around the time of the most awesome 'Termnator' movies the Mom's name was Sarah and she was ripped and when i said she was ripped, she was ripped!. There was a poster for the longest time of her all sweaty and tan, dirty and grimey.  And she's carrying the biggest auto gun.  Definitely a gun of war.  And people loved it.  It was a great movie.  Anyway thats your movie revue  

On 6/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, Blissfool said:

Jenny Mollen (and Jason Biggs) were cute. I could tell Joy was a fan from the moment Jenny sat down. She kept saying sweet things about Jason and even called him onstage. I wonder how she knows them personally.

I used to follow Jenny on Instagram but she (along with Jason) quickly became annoying on that platform. I like the title of her book, City of Likes, and I can see how that pertains to her personality and her social media presence. The girl will do anything for 'likes.'

If Jason is as nice now as he was as a 12-13 year old, then he's very sweet.  One of my kids was an understudy for him (and the other kid actor) in a pre-broadway play run (play did end up on Broadway with Jason).  I think it was one of his first big things and he and his mom were very nice to my kid.  The other child actor had done some stuff in LA and was really full of himself.  I'll always remember Jason fondly for that.

• Love 4