Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Home Sweet Hoax

• Start Topic

@Xebug67, I don’t know if many realtors still pick up buyers to take them to listings. Maybe some do. There are stories of realtors being assaulted by prospective buyers, especially female realtors. Many ask you to meet them at X address - in your own car. 

Imagine you are a yogi, dedicated to health and wellbeing. You give up your island paradise with tropical air and the ocean to move to middle America to live with a person who sells themselves as the person who matches your goals, ideals and aspirations. You leave your healthy lifestyle, travel for hours, and are presented with a moldy, infested slum where the ceiling is falling down and that person, as well as their entire country, judge you for being shallow. You were DECEIVED!!! You should turn and run. Never look back. This person lied and humiliated you.

Bilal is such an ass. He literally intentionally set Shaeeda up to be disappointed…but then gets upset when she’s disappointed. Dude, you completely portrayed yourself different, obviously if you’re different than you portrayed yourself she’s going to be shocked and disappointed? And the fact that he keeps framing it as a “joke” is super gross. He is toxic.

Shae voiced her displeasure but I thought she was pretty respectful and rational about it given the circumstances. She left her home country to be with a dude who greets her with a dirty van, and then takes her to a dirty house with the ceiling falling apart and the paint chipping. She didn’t even outright reject everything, she just voiced her displeasure and then followed it up with “we have to work on it”. Even said to the camera man she is willing to work it out with him. Bilal doesn’t even realize that its less to do with not being rich than it does with everything being unclean, which, I guess in his world poor and dirty are the same.

She didn't say that she was leaving or that she wasn't attracted to him anymore. She said that she doesn't feel comfortable living in a dilapidated house and that they need to work on moving up. She was speaking in terms of the future and the two of them working together, which I think is the best reaction anyone could hope for. I also think she was rightly pissed off because he presents himself a certain way online but now claims to live in this house and have this dirty old van. Her suggestion that he sell some of his suits shows me that she was focused on the practical. (Also, how did he think that was going to go over? She's seen him in his way-too-tight bespoke suits! Acting like this is how he lives otherwise just makes it look like he's terrible with money.) Meanwhile, he acted like he was angry that she wasn't getting down on her knees and offering to be his sex slave because he put a roof over her head. I'm done with this douche, and I hope she runs screaming.

I’m gonna say the same thing to Bilal that I did to Robert: You want proof that you’re not marrying a gold digger? Your fiancée is giving up her big, beautiful, full life to come to a country where ambulance rides can bankrupt you and be treated like a bang maid. She’s taking on all of the risk in this arrangement, so she’s either the world’s most reckless gold digger or she actually loves your clown ass for some fucking reason.

I’m just so annoyed on Kobe’s behalf. Imagining him being exhausted after the flight but excited to see his son for the first time. Then Emily just springs it on him that he’s not getting to see his son today and he’s expected to have sex with her fresh off the plane. It’s also really odd how normal Emily thinks this behavior is. Didn’t seem to have any regard for his feelings, or even his desire to know where he’s going to be in the next hour. Was Emily unable to just plan a night or two during the 90 days for her and her man to have to themselves? I would imagine a dude who is in the same country with his newborn for the first time would want to immediately meet his child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Dude, you completely portrayed yourself different, obviously if you’re different than you portrayed yourself she’s going to be shocked and disappointed?

I see it this way as well. Shae expressed rather clearly that she felt there was deception on Bilal’s part. He’s in T&T with designer luggage and expensive jewelry, but living in a dilapidated house and driving a dirty van at home? He always FaceTimes with the same blank wall behind him? Anyone would assume this guy was a financial catfish or struggling financially. While he’s busy pretending to be Prince Akeem and fulfilling every incel’s fantasy of laying a trap for a “gold digger,” she’s probably worried that she’ll be on the hook for his debt. And really Bilal, let’s be realistic about your self-perceived wealth. Your name is not Bilal Bezos. You’re a midwestern suburban divorced dad of two. The majority of your money is likely going to those kids. I wouldn’t entangle my income with yours, but if Shaeeda likes it, I love it. 

• Love 11

Bivalve is trying to trick Shaadee to whom he is already married to, (in the eyes of their religion and it is married enough for them to do the sex, lol), in to thinking she will be living in that childhood home of his to make sure she is not a gold digger...but they are already married so what is his point?  He can't have it both ways.

• Love 6
On 4/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, Xebug67 said:

My entire thought process during all that holding up of and displaying of the lingerie to her sister was that she deliberately bought the wrong size because she knew it might be a scene that got filmed by production, and there was no way in hell she was going to be showing off her "Shallow Hal" line of lingerie.  It also seemed like everything was brand new.  That was a lot of new lingerie.

I really did feel sorry for her after she picked him up from the airport and he was more interested in seeing the baby than being alone with her.  I don't think it was terrible for her to want one special night alone with him after two years of absence.

When he so soul crushingly told her she had gained weight, I only wish production had said to him how he looks like he put on a few pounds as well.  And when Emily commented on his hair being shorter now, flashbacks of Awful Ari and Bini flashed through my brain regarding Bini no longer having the "cool" dreads hairdo.

I don't blame Emily for wanting to be alone with him before going home to live with her parents.  The problem is that she should have told him so he could mentally prepare for waiting another day or two to see his son. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/25/2022 at 9:01 AM, Shelbie said:

This is obviously an unpopular opinion but I understand why Emily didn’t bring the baby with her.
He just got off a flight and is tired. They have not seen each other in two years and deserve some time just for them. The baby will do better being in his own home and surrounded by people he knows when he meets his father which will make the meeting better.

I think Emily is really weird but in this case I do understand why she went alone.

I agree if they are coming together from a position of love and wanting to be together as a couple.  I believe that is what SHE believes but it may be based in delusion.  I don't have any idea how their conversations have gone while apart, but I can definitely say I didn't get that read from him!  I feel like he is just there to see his child and see America.  Period.               

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

@Xebug67, I don’t know if many realtors still pick up buyers to take them to listings. Maybe some do. There are stories of realtors being assaulted by prospective buyers, especially female realtors. Many ask you to meet them at X address - in your own car. 

Thanks for that info, Frozendiva!

One thing I will never understand....the parents who allow their minor children to be filmed and shown on this shitshow. Looking at you Bilal and Yve....in the past Robert, Tarik, and of course Ben (although his kids provided comedy relief at the looks of disgust on their faces)....

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

One thing I will never understand....the parents who allow their minor children to be filmed and shown on this shitshow.

And it always turns out that the kids have more common sense than the parents! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm throwing in my two cents worth of catheter information.  I had a neurological attack that paralyzed my nether region for three weeks and started with the Foley (in dwelling) catheter that was strapped to my leg.  It was incredibly uncomfortable and restricting.  Then I got to learn how to self-catheterize with a single use one (whatever it's called) and it was almost like being normal again.  I honestly can't see that poor child being so restricted with the Foley catheter and I'd be inclined to believe that his mom is catheterizing him.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 6
On 4/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Imagine you are a yogi, dedicated to health and wellbeing. You give up your island paradise with tropical air and the ocean to move to middle America to live with a person who sells themselves as the person who matches your goals, ideals and aspirations. You leave your healthy lifestyle, travel for hours, and are presented with a moldy, infested slum where the ceiling is falling down and that person, as well as their entire country, judge you for being shallow. You were DECEIVED!!! You should turn and run. Never look back. This person lied and humiliated you.

Bilal is such an ass. He literally intentionally set Shaeeda up to be disappointed…but then gets upset when she’s disappointed. Dude, you completely portrayed yourself different, obviously if you’re different than you portrayed yourself she’s going to be shocked and disappointed? And the fact that he keeps framing it as a “joke” is super gross. He is toxic.

Shae voiced her displeasure but I thought she was pretty respectful and rational about it given the circumstances. She left her home country to be with a dude who greets her with a dirty van, and then takes her to a dirty house with the ceiling falling apart and the paint chipping. She didn’t even outright reject everything, she just voiced her displeasure and then followed it up with “we have to work on it”. Even said to the camera man she is willing to work it out with him. Bilal doesn’t even realize that its less to do with not being rich than it does with everything being unclean, which, I guess in his world poor and dirty are the same.

She didn't say that she was leaving or that she wasn't attracted to him anymore. She said that she doesn't feel comfortable living in a dilapidated house and that they need to work on moving up. She was speaking in terms of the future and the two of them working together, which I think is the best reaction anyone could hope for. I also think she was rightly pissed off because he presents himself a certain way online but now claims to live in this house and have this dirty old van. Her suggestion that he sell some of his suits shows me that she was focused on the practical. (Also, how did he think that was going to go over? She's seen him in his way-too-tight bespoke suits! Acting like this is how he lives otherwise just makes it look like he's terrible with money.) Meanwhile, he acted like he was angry that she wasn't getting down on her knees and offering to be his sex slave because he put a roof over her head. I'm done with this douche, and I hope she runs screaming.

I’m gonna say the same thing to Bilal that I did to Robert: You want proof that you’re not marrying a gold digger? Your fiancée is giving up her big, beautiful, full life to come to a country where ambulance rides can bankrupt you and be treated like a bang maid. She’s taking on all of the risk in this arrangement, so she’s either the world’s most reckless gold digger or she actually loves your clown ass for some fucking reason.

I’m just so annoyed on Kobe’s behalf. Imagining him being exhausted after the flight but excited to see his son for the first time. Then Emily just springs it on him that he’s not getting to see his son today and he’s expected to have sex with her fresh off the plane. It’s also really odd how normal Emily thinks this behavior is. Didn’t seem to have any regard for his feelings, or even his desire to know where he’s going to be in the next hour. Was Emily unable to just plan a night or two during the 90 days for her and her man to have to themselves? I would imagine a dude who is in the same country with his newborn for the first time would want to immediately meet his child.

Also, why is the only night they can go to a hotel this first night?

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Also, why is the only night they can go to a hotel this first night?

Exactly! Why can't they plan a romantic weekend (or overnight) getaway at a hotel AFTER he gets to meet his son? He was visibly disappointed when she sprang the idea on him of putting off the meeting until the next day and having sexy time first! From her comments about him not wanting her to sext him, it appears they have totally different sex drives kind of like Jazmine and Gino. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

Emily and Kobe ... Am I the only one who thought that Kobe's eyes lit up when he thought those pink lace "bottoms" were for him ... and than a disappointed sigh when Emily passed him the top?  The photo he showed and comment about his sexy underwear weren't completely clear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Apparently, the International Underwear Model used to wear sparkly undies and dance for Emily.     It was so funny to see his happy look at being handed the pink, lacy undies, and then Emily hands him the matching bra, and he doesn't look so happy.  

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 4/28/2022 at 6:09 AM, Shauna said:

I don't blame Emily for wanting to be alone with him before going home to live with her parents.  The problem is that she should have told him so he could mentally prepare for waiting another day or two to see his son to have sex with her again . 

Fixed that for you!

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 6

Toxic Bilal's "Be Grateful" t-shirt is super ironic because he isn't at all grateful for Shaeeda.

He acts like he's doing her a favor and expects her to meld herself to his life 100% without a smidgen of compromise or understanding.

• Love 3