Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Tensions High, Patience Low

• Start Topic

Tensions rise on the boat for both the interior and deck crew. Gary’s finger gets stuck in the main saloon doors causing so much pain that his patience with Kelsie is obsolete. Still one man down, Kelsie tries to keep her head above water with the new 12-hour graveyard shift. On the interior, Gabriela works hard to amend her relationship with the crew but feels isolated from the team. Ashley confides in Daisy about Gabriela’s attitude, forcing Daisy to have a private conversation with Gabriela.

Airdate: 04/18/2022

"Gabriela works hard to amend her relationship with the crew" - could we get a proofreader on these please Bravo?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The thing about this episode that lingers in my head is the scene where Ashley waits until Gabriella is completely off the ship and then has her little "pre-planned" chat with Daisy. She is acting like a 12 year old spolied brat that knows all to well how to manipulate her parents and play one against the other. She must have gotten away with this a lot growing up....oh wait, she actually never grew up. Then she drops some inaccurate information about Gabriella (that Daisy swallows hook line and sinker)...and then goes right back to eating her Reese's with a smug "mission accopmplished" look. The frustrating part is it's actually working on Gaby. Karma has everyones address and I hope Ashley gets her comeuppance soon.

• Love 24

Indeed. There was absolutely zero reason for Ashley to initiate that chat with Daisy, nor to divulge private information from her previous chat with Gabriela.  None.  I feel like there is quite more to this whole issue between those two stews than is being shown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Gabriella should be old enough to know that you never express any personal thoughts to a co-worker. Plenty of people, in a number of workplaces, have no problem sabotaging  your career for their personal gain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

OOH!  I just wanted to throw something at my tv when Ashley was trying to sabotage Gabriela!  Gabriela asked Ashley to keep her confidence and Ashley couldn't wait to betray her word and not only share the conversation, but twisting it to make it sound worse than it was.  Ashley's jealousy of Gabriela has made the whole situation uncomfortable and now toxic.  

• Love 13

I think Gabriella is probably a real perfectionist and her own worst enemy, she’s way too hard on herself and I get it because I’m a lot like that too. I have empathy for her  but she needs to lighten up.  I have no empathy for Ashley and she’s so annoying and manipulative.

• Love 11

I enjoyed the tension between Daisy and Captain Glenn. Daisy had to make a quick decision about breakfast service and that irritated her for a minute or ten. Captain Glenn was right to sail at that particular time. I would definitely want to experience sailing if I were a guest on that boat.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, APK said:

I enjoyed the tension between Daisy and Captain Glenn. Daisy had to make a quick decision about breakfast service and that irritated her for a minute or ten. Captain Glenn was right to sail at that particular time. I would definitely want to experience sailing if I were a guest on that boat.

I agree!  That was their last chance to do actual sailing on a sailing vacation.  Breakfast while sailing has been an issue before and I don’t understand why they can’t offer smoothies, a continental breakfast or handheld options like burritos/tacos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I agree!  That was their last chance to do actual sailing on a sailing vacation.  Breakfast while sailing has been an issue before and I don’t understand why they can’t offer smoothies, a continental breakfast or handheld options like burritos/tacos.

Or wait the 15 minutes Capt. Glenn sails railing to water...he can control the heel of the boat so that the entire sailing portion is not some gravity defying event.

If the passengers were voting to sail or not to sail they surely understand that food prep and service would be halted during that time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I thought Daisy was too crabby about the sailing.  It's not HER vacation, it's the guests'.   And plus, they are on a sailboat.   Sailboats sail.  

ETA I don't know why Gabi even told Ashley anything about what she was feeling.  That was strange.

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 8

I don't see why Glenn couldn't have waited another hour before sailing. That whole thing felt like a set-up by producers to inflict drama on the crew. Also? I've decided sailing doesn't actually look like much fun. Maybe if you're in a smaller sailboat, and you're doing the sailing yourself, I could see the appeal. Here, not so much. I'd just as soon be on a luxury motor yacht and tool around on the jet skis and play on the water slide and eat gourmet food. Listing over to one side of the boat isn't my idea of a good time.

I think Gabriella is probably a real perfectionist and her own worst enemy, she’s way too hard on herself and I get it because I’m a lot like that too. I have empathy for her  but she needs to lighten up. 

I can't figure out what's wrong with her. Performance wise, she's probably one of the best stews we've seen on the BD franchise. But she does seem to have some weird insecurity thing going on, and she also does have a weird passive-aggressive thing going on too. Like when Ashely said Daisy told her she could go to bed at midnight, Gabriela just had to point out that Daisy told her she could keep Ashley up if she needed her but it didn't look like she would. Why make that an issue if she isn't needed?

Then she drops some inaccurate information about Gabriella (that Daisy swallows hook line and sinker)

To be fair Daisy told her point blank she wasn't comfortable discussing something Ashley allegedly told her without Ashley present in the conversation. And in her talking head she nailed the issue, which was that Ashley just wanted to be Number One. She's not falling for Ashley's crap - she just doesn't seem to know what to do about it. What makes it hard is both Gabriela and Ashley seem to be doing their jobs competently enough, and then Daisy keeps hearing about this sniping going on between them. It's like dealing with small children.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't see why Glenn couldn't have waited another hour before sailing. That whole thing felt like a set-up by producers to inflict drama on the crew. Also? I've decided sailing doesn't actually look like much fun. Maybe if you're in a smaller sailboat, and you're doing the sailing yourself, I could see the appeal. Here, not so much. I'd just as soon be on a luxury motor yacht and tool around on the jet skis and play on the water slide and eat gourmet food. Listing over to one side of the boat isn't my idea of a good time.

I'm not sure that's how weather works & that Glen takes the opportunity to sail when it arises.

As for the rest, each to their own & if it's not for you then that's okay, personally I'm on the fence as sailing doesn't seem to have the creature comforts that I like at my age. I get seasick in the bath tub so neither would really suit me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That whole thing felt like a set-up by producers to inflict drama on the crew. Also?

OK! we're getting ready to sail. Unlatch all the cabinets and make sure that sliding door isn't locked down, we might be able to get an injury out of that, READY! ACTION!

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

OK! we're getting ready to sail. Unlatch all the cabinets and make sure that sliding door isn't locked down we might be able to get an injury out of that, READY! ACTION!

Yes. Seeing all of the cabinets, dishes and clothing drawers sliding and flying open has gotten a little ridiculous. I thought the sliding glass door actually broke a few of Gary’s fingers. I hope Gary did visit a M,D.  to have his injured fingernail removed. It takes about 6 months for a new fingernail to grow back in place.

• Love 5

They use the same shot of one of the crew's under the bed drawer sliding open EVERY time they sail.

Ashley is a snake.

That's all I've got.

Edited by snarts
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, LuvizBlind said:

Indeed. There was absolutely zero reason for Ashley to initiate that chat with Daisy, nor to divulge private information from her previous chat with Gabriela.  None.  I feel like there is quite more to this whole issue between those two stews than is being shown.

I agree.  I am glad Gabriela finally came clean with Daisy about her issues/insecurities and not saying anything to Daisy about it up to that point.  And adding that a lot of it comes from the tension with Ashley, from what Daisy said it sounds like she is very aware that Ashley is working behind the scenes to sabotage Gabriela.  That is good.  I do think there is a lot more than what we have seen but as long as Ashely gets hers, I am good with not knowing everything.

Chef is amazing (forgot his name) but not sure what the rub is Gabriela?  As far as chefs go, he has been the most laid back of any other chef (other than Racheal's Zen comeback last season) we have seen.  It feels like there are/were feelings on Gabriela's side that were not acknowledged?  Just a thought.  I like her and hope she gets out of her own head.

Gary's finger was gross.  It looked very painful.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, APK said:

Gabriella should be old enough to know that you never express any personal thoughts to a co-worker. Plenty of people, in a number of workplaces, have no problem sabotaging  your career for their personal gain.

My thoughts on that were that Gabby had been trying to smooth things over with those she clashed with during the night of drinking.  She felt bad about her own behavior, but also had some legit problems with those involved. So she began questioning herself as to whether the problems were caused by her all along, and not the others.  Her separate convos with each earlier hadn't gone well, and she wasn't getting any real feedback.  I do think that the fact that she looked for blame within herself first before just blaming it on everyone else is somewhat commendable, and isn't seen often.

As to workplace confidences, they definitely can and do happen.  The problem being, you need to be sure your relationship with the other person is solid enough before spilling any of your problems.  Gabby has been on rocky ground with Ashley from the outset, so she definitely shouldn't have gone that route with her. 

3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

ETA I don't know why Gabi even told Ashley anything about what she was feeling.  That was strange.

Definitely strange to choose Ashley of all people, but man - I certainly empathize with the way Gabby was feeling at the time. And co-worker issues when your work environment has you trapped in a small space in the middle of a vast ocean has got to amplify the feelings a hundredfold!

• Love 10

The scene with Gary having to stick a needle in his fingernail to relieve the pressure was intense while at the same time informative.  I didn't know the blood was what was causing the throbbing pain in your finger when it gets slammed into something.  

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I can't figure out what's wrong with her. Performance wise, she's probably one of the best stews we've seen on the BD franchise. But she does seem to have some weird insecurity thing going on, and she also does have a weird passive-aggressive thing going on too. Like when Ashely said Daisy told her she could go to bed at midnight, Gabriela just had to point out that Daisy told her she could keep Ashley up if she needed her but it didn't look like she would. Why make that an issue if she isn't needed?

It is a bit weird isn't it.  Like having the glasses of champagne break--that was totally not her fault but she seemed to behave as if it was.  *shrug*

7 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Chef is amazing (forgot his name) but not sure what the rub is Gabriela?  As far as chefs go, he has been the most laid back of any other chef (other than Racheal's Zen comeback last season) we have seen.  It feels like there are/were feelings on Gabriela's side that were not acknowledged?  Just a thought.  I like her and hope she gets out of her own head.

I felt really bad for Gabby when she was talking to the chef.  It seemed like she was trying to smooth things over with him and while she was apologizing I'm thinking she was looking for an apology from him...or maybe just an assurance that they were still friends.  From the editing it didn't look like he was offering a lot of emotional support from his end which seemed weird to me.  Like I said the editing made the conversation a bit...choppy....like they were speaking out of sync...

This idea she has that nobody likes her is a bit off.  From what I can tell that PEUTRID Ashley is the only one that dislikes her.  

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

The scene with Gary having to stick a needle in his fingernail to relieve the pressure was intense while at the same time informative.  I didn't know the blood was what was causing the throbbing pain in your finger when it gets slammed into something.  

My daughter was about 5 when she got her finger caught in a car door and I had to take her to the ER to have that very thing done, it was painful for her and painful for me to watch. I too had never heard of the procedure before I had to.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I've never heard of that either but it does makes sense and seems to work. But . . . why on earth was Gary bleeding all over the deck crew table where they eat their food?!?!? he could have stood over the sink or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I wish I had known about this some 50 years ago. Some middle-schooler (aren't they great?) slammed my locker on my hand and one of my fingers had a big blood clot under the nail for months, until it finally grew out. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I felt really bad for Gabby when she was talking to the chef.  It seemed like she was trying to smooth things over with him and while she was apologizing I'm thinking she was looking for an apology from him...or maybe just an assurance that they were still friends.  From the editing it didn't look like he was offering a lot of emotional support from his end which seemed weird to me.  Like I said the editing made the conversation a bit...choppy....like they were speaking out of sync...

This idea she has that nobody likes her is a bit off.  From what I can tell that PEUTRID Ashley is the only one that dislikes her.  

I feel like Marcos is not giving Gabriela the grace of forgiving her for her drunken ramblings/ antagonistic jabs of their last night out.  She was trying to apologize, and he was listening to her, but not letting her know it's okay and they can start anew, or at least be cool with each other.  For someone like Gabriela, this is not a good outcome.  It plays on her insecurities and makes her feel like her errors can't be repaired.  Hopefully, this was just editing.  I don't want to see Gabriela continue to spiral.  She is one of my favorites and doesn't deserve to feel this way.

• Love 12

Do we not have anything better to do?  OF COURSE NOT!  So enjoy the comments in order of the show broadcast…

Sorry, but I’m going to call fake on the whole Gary “pinched fingers” incident.  No blood, no swelling, no close-ups – come on.  And then the whole “stab the nail” drama?  Please.  I’ve seen more pressure with a bad zit.

So… we spend 10 minutes going from choppy water to calmer water, etc.   It’s the same bore-fest from last week!

“I don’t understand the competitiveness with Ashley…” – yeah, and that’s why you’re such a lousy manager, Daisy!  You can’t be buddies with everyone and maintain a position of authority.  And by the way, Ashley – I’ve stepped on more venomous things than you and lived to tell the tale.

Poor Kelsie, having to be the Agony Aunt for Gabriela.  What a way to have to get screen time.

Daisy complains, “Glenn wants to go sailing.”  Well it is a sailing yacht.  And he did give you plenty of warning to tell you what was going to happen.  Why is it always a mission when the boat does what it was designed to do?  Now, cards on the table, I have sailed many times, albeit on “tall ships” that don’t heel over to one side so much.  I’m used to traditional sailing on vessels such as Lady Washington or Hawaiian Chieftain – plenty of sail but not so much tilt.  Even so, it’s called Below Deck Sailing Yacht, not Below Deck Motor Boat.  Shouldn’t be a surprise.  Even the guest says “I’d prefer to sail.”  Case closed.

And by the way, these guests were pleasant, non-dramatic, and way too easily impressed with Marcos’ plates of mush.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Sorry, but I’m going to call fake on the whole Gary “pinched fingers” incident.  No blood, no swelling, no close-ups – come on.  And then the whole “stab the nail” drama?  Please.  I’ve seen more pressure with a bad zit.

it looked pretty authentic to me.

Daisy was being ridiculous about the breakfast. Stop with the passive aggressiveness. Swoop in, clear things up, get the guests some bananas or toast to munch on, and let them have fun.

"vegan butter" LOL. In my youth we called it margarine.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

I saw someone run to his cabin to scream so it would not alarm the guests...along with the blood under the nail (ick), he could have broken a finger as well.

Are you calling Ashley a zit? LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I feel like Marcos is not giving Gabriela the grace of forgiving her for her drunken ramblings/ antagonistic jabs of their last night out.  She was trying to apologize, and he was listening to her, but not letting her know it's okay and they can start anew, or at least be cool with each other. 

From what little we saw of the conversation in the galley it seemed very awkward. Gabriela was doing this sort of "sorry not sorry" type of thing. Rather than just apologizing for her behavior it seemed like she was looking for a do-over, talking about wanting a clean slate and all. I'm not sure Marcos knew what to say. It didn't seem specific to him.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Ages ago, while on the other side of the world, we tried to get local American expats together for a baseball game on the 4th of July.  My family is mostly...not athletes.  But I hit a line drive! but it hit my brother's finger!  And, under the direction of my doctor dad, he did that hot needle thing to *himself!*  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

To me, Gabby seems like one of those people who gets stuff off her chest and moves on, she tried to be friendly with Marcos and he was basically telling her to take time and it seemed that he was still pissed. I don't think that she even raised her voice during the conversation with him at dinner, he sort of went off on her. Ashley is an ass, she held that conversation with Gabby in her back pocket until the coast was clear and she ran to Daisey, Gabby should have confided in Kelsey as she does not seem like she would betray her trust. However, Gabby did insert a bit of her authority with Ashley when she said that Daisy said it was up to her to keep Ashley around if she needed her, was it smug, maybe but she is 2nd stew. 

• Love 6
On 4/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, aqusdealer said:

The thing about this episode that lingers in my head is the scene where Ashley waits until Gabriella is completely off the ship and then has her little "pre-planned" chat with Daisy. She is acting like a 12 year old spolied brat that knows all to well how to manipulate her parents and play one against the other. She must have gotten away with this a lot growing up....oh wait, she actually never grew up. Then she drops some inaccurate information about Gabriella (that Daisy swallows hook line and sinker)...and then goes right back to eating her Reese's with a smug "mission accopmplished" look. The frustrating part is it's actually working on Gaby. Karma has everyones address and I hope Ashley gets her comeuppance soon.

Let's not forget that she also broke her promise to Gabriella about NOT telling Daisy, as if we didn't know she would do so at the time she made that promise that she never intended to keep.  She was saving up as ammunition everything that Gabriella said to her for just the right moment.

• Love 8
On 4/19/2022 at 2:22 AM, APK said:

Exactly.  That's the whole point of booking a vacation on a sailing yacht as opposed to a motor yacht.

• Love 1
On 4/19/2022 at 8:28 AM, iMonrey said:

To be fair Daisy told her point blank she wasn't comfortable discussing something Ashley allegedly told her without Ashley present in the conversation. And in her talking head she nailed the issue, which was that Ashley just wanted to be Number One. She's not falling for Ashley's crap - she just doesn't seem to know what to do about it. What makes it hard is both Gabriela and Ashley seem to be doing their jobs competently enough, and then Daisy keeps hearing about this sniping going on between them. It's like dealing with small children.

Completely agree about sailing yachts not seeming like much fun at all unless, perhaps, as you said, it was on a smaller sailboat whereby you were in control of the sails.

I started out this season really liking Gabriella a lot, but the more and more she unraveled, allowing what seems to be her true persona to show itself, the less and less I now like her, though compared to awful Ashley, she's hands down the superior person and stew.  Gabriella as opposed to Ashley initially came on seeming professional and competent, while Ashley came on balls to the wall as a whiny, deceptive, backstabbing, two-timing beyotch, and proud of the fact that she was.  She immediately started marking her territory like a cat or dog peeing to mark theirs, and in her delusional mind Gary was her territory.  Ashley's probably been accustomed to getting her way in everything when it comes to her parents, and guys probably from the time she was in puberty and had developed those humongous breasts, which may or may not be fake, but look to be real.  She touts those things as if they're Diana Prince's "Lasso of Truth" that will make all men fall in love with her.  Aside from breaking her promise to Gabriella, who was a fool to ever divulge anything to this massive beyotch, and considering how much they hate each other, she was a fool to even think of confiding anything of importance to her, such as her deep feelings.  The most she should ever confide to nasty Ashley is, "I'm taking a bathroom/sleep break now."

Gabriella, however, has been the biggest disappointment to me, because she really does have what it takes from a professional standpoint to eventually be a chief stew.  It's her personality and confidence she needs to work on.  She initially seemed to be brimming with self-confidence, almost boasting about her background accomplishments.  How she went so off the rails is an anomaly to me.  I definitely think that she and liquor do not get along, and she should not drink at all because she becomes an obnoxious drunken beyotch when she does, and after which she has to face the consequences of her awful actions and/or utterances from the night before.  She never should have sniped at Marco at their evening off dinner, and it looks like she hasn't learned her lesson from the last time she was so bristly, per what the upcoming episode showed that she's at it again.  She's really NOT the nicey-nicey person that she initially appeared to be, though she's is a million times more likable than Ashley.  However, that is a very low bar that's set.  As awful as Ashley is, it's clear that Gabriella enjoys lording her authority over her.  As someone else previously mentioned regarding Daisy having told Ashley she can go to bed after she was done, unless Gabriella needed her, and knowing that she didn't need her she had to assert her authority to say what she did to Ashley about her supposed to be staying if Gabriella needed her, but she didn't so she can go.  In this regard concerning her personality, she's NOT chief stew material, and if she can't get past her own pettiness, she never will be.

Daisy handled Ashley perfectly, by being an approachable chief stew and a willing listener, but yet nipping in the bud all of Ashley's whining lies because Gabriella wasn't also there to be a part of the conversation.  I had really thought Daisy (who I've loved since her first season and was so glad that she was back) was clueless about Ashley's manipulation attempts, but lo and behold, she's on to her.  The trick moving forward until end of season is how to deal with both of them and their matching pettiness.

I do think the reason Gabriella is getting so much love on here is because Ashley's just so awful, that it makes Gabriella's eff ups less offensive.  But the bottom line is Gabriella is also quite flawed, though I would still choose her over Ashley any day.

I truly hope she's being sincere when she expresses wanting to be/do better, because I believe if she is being authentic about that, and if she sets her mind to it, she WILL be/do better.  She really strikes me as someone who can accomplish whatever she wants if she's just in the right mind set to do so.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 3

I commented on the last episode and I feel it's true on this one that the whole Gabi arc is really being presented in a disjointed and confusing manner and I think they are dancing around other stuff that happened that they don't want to show.  I do agree Gabi's not perfect and also that Ashley's horribleness makes her look better, but, I don't know, the whole thing just seems off kilter somehow beyond all that we have been shown.  

• Love 7
On 4/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I feel like Marcos is not giving Gabriela the grace of forgiving her for her drunken ramblings/ antagonistic jabs of their last night out.  She was trying to apologize, and he was listening to her, but not letting her know it's okay and they can start anew, or at least be cool with each other.  For someone like Gabriela, this is not a good outcome.  It plays on her insecurities and makes her feel like her errors can't be repaired.  Hopefully, this was just editing.  I don't want to see Gabriela continue to spiral.  She is one of my favorites and doesn't deserve to feel this way.

Respectfully, Marco has every right to feel the way he does about Gabriela.  She came at him hard on the crew's night out and should not be easily let off the hook for it.  Just because she was testing the waters with him in the kitchen scene, that doesn't make for an "everything's just fine now" outcome.  She never actually apologized to him.  All she did say to him was, 'I'm disappointed a little bit in some of my behavior,' which is not really an apology.  I though he was gracious to hear her out and try to offer up advice to benefit her as far as telling her she controls her own behavior, to take time for herself and think things over, etc.  He was not by any means harsh or nasty to her, nor was he dismissive.  He was cold, but not rude or indifferent.  He respectfully heard her out.  He's entitled to his feelings, and if he feels he's over her and her BS so be it.  If anything, her sarcastic, "Good talk" upon leaving the kitchen tells me everything I need to know about her.  She didn't get the response from Marco that she wanted, so she's going to be dismissive of what he said to her and act like a baby about it.

She also is kind of a two-face.  She's pleasant when things are going her way, but she's childish when they're not. 

She's only above Ashley in my opinion at this juncture by a smidgen.  A perfect example of her immaturity is when she hops into Gary's bed, and she's done this at least two times that we've seen.  Who knows how many more times it happened that we never saw.  I really don't get the vibe from her that she's interested in him, and selfishly I do enjoy how much it rankles Ashley.  I believe that's why she does it, but also maybe to elicit from him some sort of validation that's she's desirable.  If I were her, I wouldn't stoop to playing games with guys for validation and instead just plug along doing a great job so as to have validation for an awesome work ethic from her chief stew and the captain. 

I reiterate that I really liked her in the earlier episodes of the show, but she's progressively shown more of her true colors as each episode has come and gone, and those colors are not very pretty.  She's not a horrible person by any means, but she is definitely very flawed in ways that are so detrimental to herself and her own personal and professional well being.  In that regard, I really do truly feel sorry for her and have empathy for how hard she is on herself.  She's not that bad of a person to be so down on herself.

• Love 6
On 4/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, dleighg said:

it looked pretty authentic to me.

Daisy was being ridiculous about the breakfast. Stop with the passive aggressiveness. Swoop in, clear things up, get the guests some bananas or toast to munch on, and let them have fun.

"vegan butter" LOL. In my youth we called it margarine.

As a vegetarian for going on 32 years, who's alternated between vegan, macrobiotic and just plain ovo lacto vegetarian, which is what I am now because I will eat/drink dairy products, but not any animals or even animal by-products, I was salivating when I saw how creative he was with the butternut squash, which is one of my favorite vegetables.  My late husband use to cook butternut squash for me, as well as make soup out of it.  I think Marco is one of the best vegan/vegetarian chefs across all three franchises (unless I'm forgetting something creative that Rachel prepared for vegetarian guests - she is, by the way, a total rock star in the kitchen, and truly did redeem herself this last season).  I loved that he didn't bitch and moan about the vegan guest, and instead rose to the occasion to make her feel included as well as providing a tasty meal for her as well.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I commented on the last episode and I feel it's true on this one that the whole Gabi arc is really being presented in a disjointed and confusing manner and I think they are dancing around other stuff that happened that they don't want to show.  I do agree Gabi's not perfect and also that Ashley's horribleness makes her look better, but, I don't know, the whole thing just seems off kilter somehow beyond all that we have been shown.  

Me, too.  I've thus far avoided bring this up, but I really do wonder if some of this tension between them is racial. And after the fiasco we've seen in this franchise just recently...  maybe they are editing some things out so as to not provide all that ugly fodder to Social Media?

• Love 3

I'm not going to go back and watch (once was enough), but didn't Gabriella say she wasn't going to drink any more because it was getting her in trouble? Then I thought I heard Ashley say, she thinks she's too good to go out drinking with us. I guess if they cut back on the drinking there would be no drama, but it seems like a mature decision to me. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2022 at 11:16 AM, Xebug67 said:

As a vegetarian for going on 32 years, who's alternated between vegan, macrobiotic and just plain ovo lacto vegetarian, which is what I am now because I will eat/drink dairy products, but not any animals or even animal by-products, I was salivating when I saw how creative he was with the butternut squash, which is one of my favorite vegetables.  My late husband use to cook butternut squash for me, as well as make soup out of it.  I think Marco is one of the best vegan/vegetarian chefs across all three franchises (unless I'm forgetting something creative that Rachel prepared for vegetarian guests - she is, by the way, a total rock star in the kitchen, and truly did redeem herself this last season).  I loved that he didn't bitch and moan about the vegan guest, and instead rose to the occasion to make her feel included as well as providing a tasty meal for her as well.

If you dare place any earthly chef above Rachel, I will pull this car over right now! Rachel is ace. Full stop.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Does Glen have to stand on a stack of telephone books to see over the steering wheel? He’s annoying me a little bit this season. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I believe the producers told him to amp it up this season because he really has been kind of boring in the past. However, he has managed to get me to like him for the original Glen he was. Not this new, scripted Glen.

• Love 2