Type keyword(s) to search

Supernanny - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Reviving this thread because Supernanny is now being shown on the "UP" channel .....and because my BP skyrockets to death level while watching these horrendous children. Lol.

But it's not called Supernanny.  I've been DYING to discuss this show but there's no forum for the new one.  But if people will convene here, yay!

I don't really like the new format.  It seems like there's more filler than the previous show.  I want about 10% background, 30% observation of kids being horrible, and 60% Jo putting the smackdown on them and their parents.

That said, BostonBlonde, I notice you posted before last Thursday's episode, and before that, I was firmly with you on skyrocketing BP as well as the LOL. 

But I was wary about Thursday's episode because of the "on the next episode" teaser, so I was recording it, and happened to look up when the dad had the kid in front of him while sitting on the couch and I knew he was fixing to beat him, and I'm just not going to watch that.  Thank god they didn't actually show it, and I had the sound muted but the captions were still on, which said:

screaming

Oh, hell no.  I watched her conversation with the dad, where he defended what he did, and I can't bear watching that family, period, so I deleted that episode.

I hate spanking with the heat of a thousand suns, period.  But that poor little skinny kid, who evidently has learning disabilities?  And with a belt?  WTF?  I love that Jo says to get down on an eye-to-eye level when disciplining a child, while this asshole couldn't be bothered to stop lounging on the couch as the kid presented himself for the prelude to the beating.  Fuck you.

I hope that the show goes back to watching people doing a half-assed job of the naughty stool and then proclaiming it doesn't work, and then Jo showing them how to do it correctly and it does work.  You morons.

I get a lot of joy out of yelling at the teevee, "NO!  DON'T ENGAGE!  HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE SHOW?  DRAG HER BACK TO THE NAUGHTY STOOL AND DON'T SAY A WORD!"  Sheeeesh.

• Love 3

I just watched the episode where the little boy was beaten with a belt. I'm just sick over this mistreatment of a child with learning disabilities! When Jo was onsite, he clearly loved interacting with his Dad and having positive interaction with him. He just blossomed when practicing the days of the week with Dad at the kitchen table.

It's so sad that Dad and Mom are so tied to electronics and the gravitational pull of their couches that they cannot interact with each other, or their children and be a happy family.

I hope someone in their sphere of influence is able to step in and break this cycle of not engaging with their 3 adorable children. They are missing out on so much, not interacting with their kiddos. Just sad all the way around.

Yes, the episode described above was awful.  They have no real interest in their children, and just the way they discussed the whipping they do is typical of those that do that on a regular basis.  I hate the idea of instilling fear in your own children.

I loved last night's episode.  The family was so great about participating with the bedtime routine of the children, and clearly kept it up while Jo was gone...as they didn't have any issues shown on camera that needed to be handled.  I think it will be like a new life for them to have their children in a separate bedroom, and to have established those boundaries.  

• Love 1

I came here to post about the new show a few days ago but decided not to.  I was too angry.

Still angry.

Those parents were horrible, the mom just as bad for not doing anything about it.  

Those kids were terrified of that dad. You could see it even before the belt incident.  I have a feeling he beats his wife too.

I hope those kids are removed and find a loving family.     Those ignorant parents do not deserve them,   

I loved last night's episode.  The family was so great about participating with the bedtime routine of the children, and clearly kept it up while Jo was gone...as they didn't have any issues shown on camera that needed to be handled.  I think it will be like a new life for them to have their children in a separate bedroom, and to have established those boundaries.  

My takeaway is that getting some nookie is a mighty big incentive--that dad was a man on a mission.

I think the bedtime ones are my favorite.  I love watching those kids coming up with every reason in the world to delay going to bed.  I'm thirsty.  I need to poo.  In fact, that was a good one because yeah, what if he really did need to go to the bathroom?  So I liked seeing that you can deviate in order to address that.

I love the way Jo just sits with her arm slung casually over the back of the couch amid the bedlam.  I also liked seeing that there are times when you have to pull out the big guns, that just the "walk them back to bed silently" isn't enough.  I do wonder if they followed through with the "no play" thing the next day, though, and what kind of meltdown that caused, and how they handled it.

But the main thing I like about the bedtime ones is that there are tangible results, and in pretty quick order, actually.  Going from never having to spend the night in a different room in four years to doing it after a couple of hours?  That's amazing and I would think people would embrace it instead of battling it for 10 seconds and giving up.

I agree with you about the tangible results of the issues with those that follow up with bedtime practices...it is very rewarding for those that do it.

I really liked last night's episode with the woman that was home alone with her 3 kids on a regular basis.  You could tell that she was already spending a good amount of time with them, as she didn't have to transition too much to being more engaged with them.  She just needed some tips on balancing her life, which in the end positively impacted her children.  I think Jo did a great job of getting to the source of the issue for the whole family, and also nice that she understood that it wasn't easy for the husband either.  

I thought Jo really helped the woman last night, but on the whole I thought the episode was boring.  Well, except when that kid fell out of the car when the mom opened the door.

Really, Jo's whole thing was getting them out of the house and having her join the Mommy Mafia, and having the dad engage with the kids when he's home. It was a huge improvement and greatly needed, but I prefer watching the specific techniques that Jo has for handling tantrums.

I also noticed last night that she uses "please" a lot, which kind of surprises me. Like she'll tell a kid, "Look at me, please."  I wonder if there's a specific reason for doing that.  Maybe to leaven the strong voice.

I hope that by watching the most recent episode with the child who has feeding issues that people don't get the impression that every child will be magically transformed into a good eater quickly. I'm a speech therapist and work with kids with feeding disorders, and with some kids (such as those on the autism spectrum) it can take YEARS to get them to have a decent, varied diet. Yes, Jo had some really great ideas (stop giving the child junk and liquids such as juice in between meals) but for kids with real feeding disorders, you need to work on introducing food outside of mealtimes and work on presenting food in a specific manner. I'd hate for parents to feel like failures if they don't magically transform their child into good eaters.

Other than that, I am happy to see a version of her old show on the air. I frequently refer parents of the kids I work with to Supernanny or Youtube clips of it to help them work on discipline and sleep problems. In general, her techniques are exactly what I would do.

• Love 1

On last night's episode I could see in a way why the woman was upset with Jo.  She was only asking about the timeout process on the phone, and was excited about her start of progress, and Jo had not really told her in person how to do it--she just explained it and then left.  Then Jo was going on about how she has to commit, etc, as if she wasn't willing when all she was doing was asking how to do it.  Not everyone can be left instructions and then know exactly what to do when the time comes.  Normally Jo is more helpful, so I am not sure what was missing there.

• Love 1

I said the same thing to our daughter. Unless Jo went through the step-by-step and showed the parents how to do it like she did on Supernanny, where we'd see the clock move from 10 to 30 to 140 minutes while she worked through the time-out together, this mom was just asking for help and as you say, was very excited at the progress they were making.

I feel like in many of the episodes Jo is lacking hands on time with the family.  From what they show us, she goes in, spends part of a day with them diagnosing their issues, she tells them what to do, and leaves.  She then checks in a few days later, and some have magically made progress while others understandably have not due to the lack of understanding of what they need to do.  When she goes back she does help them some, but I think she should do that from the beginning.  

The last episode I do think she helped them understand they just needed to nip the behavior in the bud, by not circling around it all of the time--but at the same time I don't know that they were left with much instruction as to what to actually do.  I think when she returned and provided real time feedback they were starting to understand it all.

She was much more involved in Supernanny, I feel.

• Love 1

I got the impression that we're just not seeing as much of the hands-on stuff as we did on Supernanny, probably because they're filling the episode with other things. I think it's a shame, because it's the part I enjoy the most.  But I do think it's happening, mainly because I don't think Jo would compromise her methods to such an extent.

And honestly, on the time out--sometimes I wonder if these people have even seen the show.  If you've seen more that a couple of episodes, then you know how to do time out.  You may encounter specific scenarios that you're uncertain about, but some of these parents don't even seem to know the basic structure. 

• Love 3

I just started recording old episodes of Supernanny, and I find I enjoy them more than this new version. One of the big differences I see now versus then is that the old Jo would really speak her mind mercilessly :)

I also wonder about the families who have their dysfunction on TV for the whole world to see, years and years later.

I still enjoy it, though.

I got the impression that we're just not seeing as much of the hands-on stuff as we did on Supernanny, probably because they're filling the episode with other things. I think it's a shame, because it's the part I enjoy the most.  But I do think it's happening, mainly because I don't think Jo would compromise her methods to such an extent.

And honestly, on the time out--sometimes I wonder if these people have even seen the show.  If you've seen more that a couple of episodes, then you know how to do time out.  You may encounter specific scenarios that you're uncertain about, but some of these parents don't even seem to know the basic structure. 

I had thought of that as well, but either way I feel the viewer is missing something by not seeing some of it.  Plus with the episode where she literally just left the instructions for the time out on her way out the door and then gave the mom a hard time for asking about it on the phone does kind of say in some cases Jo is not giving real time instruction.  Though there are probably times that she is doing more than we see (but if we don't see it, it seems to be missing the point of the show).

As for timeouts, I agree with you, but also feel these are people asking for support, and they most likely need someone to help them through it once or twice to get the feel of it.  If general instruction was enough for them, they probably would not ask for Jo's help.  In the recent episode the parents seem to really love her real time feedback and they picked up on a lot of things they could do differently.

I had thought of that as well, but either way I feel the viewer is missing something by not seeing some of it.  Plus with the episode where she literally just left the instructions for the time out on her way out the door and then gave the mom a hard time for asking about it on the phone does kind of say in some cases Jo is not giving real time instruction.  Though there are probably times that she is doing more than we see (but if we don't see it, it seems to be missing the point of the show).

Oh, I agree.  I don't like the new format nearly as much as Supernanny.  There's too much family therapy going on, while I prefer watching the actual implementation of sleeping in their own beds or enforcing a timeout.

But I do think she had to have done an example of timeout and didn't just leave the instructions on her way out the door, and we just didn't see it.  She knows how hard it is to follow the steps, and she's seen it how many times when even when she's sitting there they still ask questions during the process.

I did particularly enjoy watching the parents use the earphones.  I've always been amazed at how Jo has the parents parrot what she says with the kid standing right there, and it still works.  But I think these kids were too savvy for that--this was the first time I'd noticed parents saying their kids were purposely behaving well in her presence.  So the earphones were a perfect solution; I wonder how much she's used it before.

On 3/4/2016 at 3:04 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I also noticed last night that she uses "please" a lot, which kind of surprises me. Like she'll tell a kid, "Look at me, please."  I wonder if there's a specific reason for doing that.  Maybe to leaven the strong voice.

She does it because children respond to being respected. Respect isn't just something that that a child is supposed to give. 

• Love 5
On 12/23/2019 at 2:57 PM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Supernanny returns on January 1st on Lifetime! With Jo Frost!

I'm ridiculously excited about this, and I wish an episode (or more than 1) would be with the Busby family from "Outdaughtered". They certainly could use the help.

OMG, I've said all of this about a million times (and I've already set my DVR)!  Unfortunately, I don't think Danielle and Adam are humble enough to respect Jo and listen to her advice.

• Love 1

Watched the first new episode, so good to see Jo back!  The family wasn't too bad, just understandably overwhelmed.  They were open to her suggestions.  Looking forward to future episodes.

• Love 5

I am so happy Supernanny is back! I love Jo Frost. 
I liked the first episode and those parents were definitely overwhelmed with 4 kids under 5 years old. I think Jo gave them really helpful pointers and I hope they keep up with it, because once those twins are mobile it’s double the trouble lol. 
The scenes for next week already made me anxious, the dad appears to be a spanker. I grew up being spanked and hit, and I have issues with it. 

• Love 1

I have questions about this episode.  It looked like it was the summer, yet these children weren't playing outside.  Did the parents have any type of outdoor play area for their children?  The two older children seemed bored.

Also, the house kind of looked isolated.  I wonder if there were other houses with children nearby.  One way that children learn is by playing with other children. 

Where I live in NYC, the complex has a play area for the kids (no concrete ground!).  Parents sit on the bench and the kids play together. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I have questions about this episode.  It looked like it was the summer, yet these children weren't playing outside.  Did the parents have any type of outdoor play area for their children?  The two older children seemed bored.

Also, the house kind of looked isolated.  I wonder if there were other houses with children nearby.  One way that children learn is by playing with other children. 

Where I live in NYC, the complex has a play area for the kids (no concrete ground!).  Parents sit on the bench and the kids play together. 

I did wonder if they both went to pre-school/daycare. That would have helped a lot. 

On 1/4/2020 at 3:16 PM, hookedontv said:

The scenes for next week already made me anxious, the dad appears to be a spanker. I grew up being spanked and hit, and I have issues with it. 

That turned out to be boring.  He threatened the kid with a spanking, and Jo told him she doesn't approve of it, and asked him if he thought spanking was effective.  She couched it in terms of if it worked, then you wouldn't have to keep doing it, or something along those lines.

The thing is, I agree with her and am 100% against spanking (or hitting, as I think it should be called), but the argument that it's not working if you have to continue to do it doesn't really hold water; the same could be said for time-outs. 

Anyway, I thought the episode was boring.  I know the mom's post-partum depression is a serious issue, but I'm not that interested in it.  The only "techniques" with the kids were letting one of them have a tantrum and not engaging until it was over, and the mom having some alone time with the oldest girl.  She painted her nails, which grated because I'm currently annoyed by the Manicure Industrial Complex, and wish they could have played catch while talking. 

Also, the dad is a career medic in the army(?) and he was calm when the one kid busted open her head, but I'm surprised he thought it was going to need stitches.  And in fact, it looked like they just glued it shut, so kind of a lot of drama over not much.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The only "techniques" with the kids were letting one of them have a tantrum and not engaging until it was over, and the mom having some alone time with the oldest girl.  She painted her nails, which grated because I'm currently annoyed by the Manicure Industrial Complex, and wish they could have played catch while talking. 

Yes! I am soooo sick of the Princess, only-my-looks-matter culture forced upon girls. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That turned out to be boring.  He threatened the kid with a spanking, and Jo told him she doesn't approve of it, and asked him if he thought spanking was effective.  She couched it in terms of if it worked, then you wouldn't have to keep doing it, or something along those lines.

The thing is, I agree with her and am 100% against spanking (or hitting, as I think it should be called), but the argument that it's not working if you have to continue to do it doesn't really hold water; the same could be said for time-outs. 

Anyway, I thought the episode was boring.  I know the mom's post-partum depression is a serious issue, but I'm not that interested in it.  The only "techniques" with the kids were letting one of them have a tantrum and not engaging until it was over, and the mom having some alone time with the oldest girl.  She painted her nails, which grated because I'm currently annoyed by the Manicure Industrial Complex, and wish they could have played catch while talking. 

Also, the dad is a career medic in the army(?) and he was calm when the one kid busted open her head, but I'm surprised he thought it was going to need stitches.  And in fact, it looked like they just glued it shut, so kind of a lot of drama over not much.

I thought the whole episode was kind of boring.  It also bothered me when the mom went to the dr. and said she didn’t want to get dependent on the Zoloft as if it’s an opioid.  And, while the dad tried to give praise, the whole, “I’m glad you like oatmeal” thing fell flat for me.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

I thought the whole episode was kind of boring.  It also bothered me when the mom went to the dr. and said she didn’t want to get dependent on the Zoloft as if it’s an opioid. 

That's why it was included, so that other parents on anti-depressants consult a doctor and speak honestly to that doctor before stopping their meds. 

• Love 2
On 1/11/2020 at 9:00 AM, readheaded said:

And, while the dad tried to give praise, the whole, “I’m glad you like oatmeal” thing fell flat for me.  

Yeah.  I thought, "He doesn't really get it."

But if he stops spanking his kids, it's an overall win to me.  And I did like how Jo butted in at the doctor's office when the mom was trying to minimize her symptoms. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

That's why it was included, so that other parents on anti-depressants consult a doctor and speak honestly to that doctor before stopping their meds. 

I understood and appreciated that, I just wish that either the dr. or Jo  would have said outloud that taking Zoloft isn't like taking Oxycontin, but more like taking insulin.

• Love 2

I really liked the Richardson family.  The stepdad seems like a good man.  He and the 4 older children's dad were trying to resolve their issues so they could co-parent the children.  They were going to take Braylon to play paintball for his birthday but the father died. 

Watching his stepchildren grieve for their father triggered his own grieving for his parents.  The children, especially Braylon, were acting out.  The mom just had a baby and she was grieving for her children. There was so much raw emotion that the family was dealing with, it is easy to understand how things got so out of control.  

Jo helped the parents communicate better so they could stay on the same page.  I am glad Jo reached out to their church to help the stepdad with his grief.  I hope the pastor will be able to help the children through their grief as well.  

• Love 2

I haven’t seen any of the new episodes but I watch the old ones all the time on YouTube.  I wonder if I’m the only person that watches them thinking that kid better be glad he isn’t mine. Cameron comes to mind. The way he beat his mother and she let him. Oh hell no. I probably would have been arrested. 

• LOL 2

I just watched the “instagram-perfect” military family with the four little blond girls and was not very engaged. The two-year old’s tantrum that lasted all of ten minutes was actually rather impressive considering there’s been older kids in past seasons that have screamed for hours on end and I also didn’t think that little cut warranted being rushed to the hospital, but then again I don’t have kids so it’s hard to tell. I think my all-time favorite episode will always be that little British girl Meghan who screamed like a banshee and snarkily told Jo “unacceptable, not ‘unasseptable”. I wonder how she’s doing now, considering she’d probably be in her twenties.

My sister, Mother and I say "unasseptable" all the time, never saying "unacceptable" at all.  I love this show, but still wonder if Jo accomplishes all she does in just a few days' time.  And does she ever go to homes where she can't get the kids to behave no matter how hard she tries, but they just don't air it?  

I felt really bad for this last family where the biological father had died.  That poor woman was worn to a frazzle and seems like she'd just given up.  She definitely needed Jo in her life.  I praise the step-father for trying to make a family for them all.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I love this show, but still wonder if Jo accomplishes all she does in just a few days' time.  And does she ever go to homes where she can't get the kids to behave no matter how hard she tries, but they just don't air it?  

I have many of the same questions about Jo and how effective she is. The show often portrays that there has been significant improvement over the few days she is there, but is there a permanent effect? Does she go back for “booster” sessions? I find it somewhat hard to believe that behavior that the families show can be changed so quickly and long term. 

• Love 1

Just watched the Richardson family - blended family where the bio father of 4 older kids passed away, 2 youngest kids are the current couple’s, grief, spanking, etc. I liked the work that Jo did with the family, I hope the parents’ continue their hard work. 

My problem with the episode was that they released helium balloons. Nanny Jo should know how terrible this is for the environment. The balloons kill wildlife, it’s a horrible thing. There are other ways to honor a loved one and work through grief than causing harm to animals.  

• Love 2

Re: Richardson family.

That poor woman is only 30 and her husband is 34. She's on her 2nd marriage, is working thru the sudden death of her ex and father to her first 4 children, has six children and lives in a dismal mobile home.

I know it's their personal choice, but I sincerely hope they are done having babies. They are in an overwhelming situation, and have very little money.

I wonder where they'll be in ten years?

• Love 5

Finally got to watch the first 2 episodes.

2 families with 4 (young) kids. God bless them. I wish Jo had talked with the parents asking "Is your family complete now? If yes, have you taken steps to make sure that another pregnancy doesn't happen?"  And that should be on the fathers. Snip, snip.

I really felt for Riley, the oldest in the NJ family. When Jo said to her, "Why don't you ask Mommy if she will do this craft with you?" and she said "She's busy."  Then Jo said, "Why don't you ask your Daddy if he will do it with you?" and she said "He's busy too."  Awww. So sad.

I also got a kick out of her wanting the tablet in the bathroom to go #2. "See you in an hour."  😂  Maybe she has outgrown her nap. I don't think all 4 year olds need them, but they could institute "quiet time".

The twins were cute and looked big for 5 months. Whoo! The family had lots of gear to handle them ... I've never seen that fancy inclined seat that the mom had them in to feed them.

I'm glad that Jo talked about screen time and tablet use. No wonder so many young people can't hold eye-to-eye conversations since they were raised by a tablet. (As a side note, I'm old enough that when I raised my kids, cell phones were not used as much as they are today, so I get concerned when I see parents giving a cell phone to a baby while the parents are shopping.)

Military family with the 4 girls: hubby got defensive really fast when Jo asked about their relationship as a couple. BTW, he totally reminded me of a young George Eads (actor).

He was also pretty scary when he was threatening to spank the daughter.

I think every family can benefit from routines, but you absolutely have to have one with so many kids.

I noticed in both of those episodes how the youngest children really seemed to notice everything that was going on.

• Love 2

Is there a forum I am missing to discuss Jo and Supernanny in 2020? I am following a lot of shows and for some reason, I seem to get lost when I am searching for Supernanny topics. I am just curious if anyone else struggles to truly like any of these children at the beginning of the show. I am aware that the darling only behave this way because their parents have allowed it (and actually encourage a lot of the naughty behaviours). I also want to know if others fall in love with the kids at the end of the show, only to wonder if ANY of these parents were actually able to change their approaches after only a week with Supernanny. I certainly hope so, but as an ex family counsellor, I somehow doubt it. Signing off - Negative Nelly. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

Is there a forum I am missing to discuss Jo and Supernanny in 2020?

I think this is the forum you are looking for. 😉

I thought the 1st two families were large, with 4 kids each, and then I saw the Richardsons, with 6 (blended family). What a heartbreaking loss for those kids.

The wife looked pretty darn good with just a bit of makeup. I know you shouldn't have to wear makeup, but it is amazing how it can highlight your features.

The Baby boy was so cute and alert and aware. I enjoy it when they show older siblings playing with and having fun with their younger siblings.

I love how Jo spoke with the older boy who was acting out. Look at what a kind word, actively listening, and some affection can do.

I felt the dad's grief as well, and kudos to him for being open to the process and being vulnerable. 

Maybe they did it off screen ... I think this family could have benefited from posting the "house rules", which I've seen Jo do before. Things like no hitting, using inside voices, doing our chores, etc.

• Love 1
On 1/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, Chalby said:

Is there a forum I am missing to discuss Jo and Supernanny in 2020? 

I think this is it. I wasn't sure at first because the first posts were so old. Maybe posts will pick up as more people "find" it after Married At First Sight plays, as I did.

(So far I really like it.)

I did like Jo's idea of not waiting around for the fire-fighting dad to be around to go and do fun things. You have to get out of the house or you'll go nuts!

• Love 1

Anyone watch the Garcia family last night?  Mom was a lifestyle blogger/influencer who claimed to be making big money on her family blog.  The dad wore a hat with the name of the blog the whole time, so I am sure they were just looking for publicity.  However I am really surprised they did this - the episode exposed their poor parenting and that the dad was verbally abusive to the mom in front of the kids.  Can't imagine how that is going to help her blog image as the perfect family...

• Love 3

I did like Jo's idea of not waiting around for the fire-fighting dad to be around to go and do fun things. 

For sure! You don't want the kids to associate "Dad is fun!" and "Mom is just day to day life and doing chores."  When Dad is home he should everyday-type activities with them as well.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, jabinlbc said:

Anyone watch the Garcia family last night?  Mom was a lifestyle blogger/influencer who claimed to be making big money on her family blog.  The dad wore a hat with the name of the blog the whole time, so I am sure they were just looking for publicity.  However I am really surprised they did this - the episode exposed their poor parenting and that the dad was verbally abusive to the mom in front of the kids.  Can't imagine how that is going to help her blog image as the perfect family...

I did. I was amazed she was able to get any work done on her blog, sitting on the couch all the time, with the kids climbing all over her!  And never cooking at home because they only ate delivery takeout! Ridiculous. 

• Love 2

I just didn't like these parents.  I found them to be immature and in way over their heads.  And, I just can't with a kid named "Deuce."  

Let's just say I would never read her blog and am afraid for anyone who does and takes it seriously.  

• Love 5

I just can't with a kid named "Deuce."  

To be fair, it was a nickname.  He was a Anthony (?) Jr.  My nephew was "the third" and they often called him "Trey."  I was more bothered by the girls being named after NY boroughs -- Bronx, Brooklyn, and Harlem (although the spelling was different).  They obviously had kids before they were emotionally mature enough to handle it. I'm old, I guess, because I just don't see depending on a blog to support a family of six.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, camom said:

To be fair, it was a nickname.  He was a Anthony (?) Jr.  My nephew was "the third" and they often called him "Trey."  I was more bothered by the girls being named after NY boroughs -- Bronx, Brooklyn, and Harlem (although the spelling was different).  They obviously had kids before they were emotionally mature enough to handle it. I'm old, I guess, because I just don't see depending on a blog to support a family of six.  

I'm totally with you on not depending on a blog to support a family of six.  That would make me very nervous.

I go that Deuce was a nickname and I'm generally not opposed to nicknames, but unfortunately, I've heard the word "deuce" to refer to taking a poop, as in taking a deuce.  So, that's a no-go for me, lol.

• Love 3

There are stay at home dads and lazy af dads of which this dude is the latter. What a bunch of losers. What is the name of her blog?

A lot of these parents’ problems could be avoided if they didn’t have more kids than they can handle. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, readheaded said:

I go that Deuce was a nickname and I'm generally not opposed to nicknames, but unfortunately, I've heard the word "deuce" to refer to taking a poop, as in taking a deuce.  So, that's a no-go for me, lol.

I had to go tell Mr. Outlier, "You're not going to believe the names of the kids," and his reaction to Deuce was, "Like drop a deuce"? 

16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What is the name of her blog?

I saw it on his hat, but I'm not going to help publicize it.  I'm not even going to go there myself, but I assume it's a mommy blog and I'm with @jabinlbc in wondering how she thought exposing their shitty parenting and her husband's abusiveness would be a good thing for her brand.  I guess clicks are clicks.

I'm bored with this season.  There's too much analysis and not enough action.  And I can't believe shopping with four little kids became easy just by getting them to help locate the cucumbers.

• Love 3