Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: There's No Crying in Softball

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

The poster wasn't giving Evan a pass.  There was an understanding of things that could have contributed to him doing so.  People do things for a reason, whether those things are good/bad or justifiable/unjustifiable. 

Kim did go to college, she just didn't finish.  In order for someone to take the path she's taking, there has to be a certain amount of college credits.

Uh...where did she go to and for how long? Just curious. I was led to believe she went from high school to being Paris Hilton's personal assistant. 

On 3/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, heatherchandler said:

I guess I just see tiny little things and I am just putting it together, as what I think will happen.  For the record I loathe Teresa with the fire of 1000 suns but Melissa is such an attention seeker.  She loves being in the spotlight and when all of this ends, Joe will never be able to keep up the money and fame for her.  Bless him for trying but he is not a smart guy.  She will not want to live in a crappy rented house, unable to wear Chanel and GUCCI.  The whole lifestyle they created is dependent on the show, so I see the whole house of cards fall when she gets the ax.

I’m really surprised Bravo keeps her, but Joe is Teresa’s brother, so there’s that.  Melissa isn’t nasty like the others and really doesn’t look for trouble, unless it falls to her.  Other than being a sister in law, she doesn’t have much to offer IMO.  Joes Schtic is boring already.  The sex, jokes, after her every minute, etc.  I’m surprised they put her on that Girls Trip.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Uh...where did she go to and for how long? Just curious. I was led to believe she went from high school to being Paris Hilton's personal assistant. 

She went to Pierce College and she said she had 75 credits.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m really surprised Bravo keeps her, but Joe is Teresa’s brother, so there’s that.  Melissa isn’t nasty like the others and really doesn’t look for trouble, unless it falls to her.  Other than being a sister in law, she doesn’t have much to offer IMO.  Joes Schtic is boring already.  The sex, jokes, after her every minute, etc.  I’m surprised they put her on that Girls Trip.

Honestly, this season I view Teresa as the weak link.  Or maybe odd man out is the better phrase.  Yes she is fueding with everybody (my god, isn't she exhausted by it all??) but there are other interesting dynamics at play.  I used to think that the show really did need Tre as that anchor but this season, not really. There is enough natural drama and humor between this cast without Teresa screeching.  Does Melissa need to be there too?  Maybe not.  But I can more easily see Teresa stepping out.  And I am no Melissa and Joe fan.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

1) Marge has a son who doesn’t “hate” her and only has a strained relay with one of her stepchildren. Tre dragging Gia along to help fight her fights is sad and pathetic. 

2) So because Traci had an affair, she can’t have an opinion about bullying? Not sure how those two are related. And she’s only speaking the truth. Teresa IS a disgusting pigheaded bully. And so dumb that it hurts to hear her formulate sentences. 

3) Anorexia is a disease. Are you implying Evan shouldn’t have married her because she is sick? 

1. I don’t know much about Marges kids but I can’t imagine them liking her. She is selfish and nasty. She even admits they were devastated when she left them for Joe Benigna. 
2. Traci can have an opinion but because she admitted she began as Tikis whore in her first episode makes her opinion worthless.  A woman who spreads her legs for a pregnant woman’s husband is a pig. 
3. Why would a man want a woman that is supposedly that sick? I’m guessing for her family money. I think she is playing this up for her story. She looked happy when she was telling Evan the place wanted her to do in patient. She won’t of course not because she’s a mom but because she ain’t letting Evan out of her sight so he can resume his fling.

because she admitted she began as Tikis whore in her first episode makes her opinion worthless.  A woman who spreads her legs for a pregnant woman’s husband is a pig. 

Wow.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

1. I don’t know much about Marges kids but I can’t imagine them liking her. She is selfish and nasty. She even admits they were devastated when she left them for Joe Benigna. 
2. Traci can have an opinion but because she admitted she began as Tikis whore in her first episode makes her opinion worthless.  A woman who spreads her legs for a pregnant woman’s husband is a pig. 
3. Why would a man want a woman that is supposedly that sick? I’m guessing for her family money. I think she is playing this up for her story. She looked happy when she was telling Evan the place wanted her to do in patient. She won’t of course not because she’s a mom but because she ain’t letting Evan out of her sight so he can resume his fling.

Are you purposely making these statements to be shocking and get a rise out of people or is this for real?

I hope you never experience such hatred from others if you ever suffer from an illness. My god. Jackie is sick and it’s been quite obvious for years- believe it or not, there are actually men & women who are capable of loving people who are sick.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Are you purposely making these statements to be shocking and get a rise out of people or is this for real?

I hope you never experience such hatred from others if you ever suffer from an illness. My god. Jackie is sick and it’s been quite obvious for years- believe it or not, there are actually men & women who are capable of loving people who are sick.

Of course I would have compassion for someone with an illness but Jackie is just using it for a story. If she really wanted help she’d leave the show.  She won’t though will she? She’d been trying to join the show for years even showing up at Teresa’s book signings. She wants to portray a perfect family. Her only flaw is she can’t make herself eat. The poor frail perfect little asshole.

58 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why not blame and name call Tiki as well...his relationship resume is not good either, it takes two to tango.

Marge left a marriage for Joe B., my thought was the marriage must have not been so good and was on it's way south, her actions just sped up the process, Tiki might have been in that situation too and that baby could have been a band aid baby, who knows.

12 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Honestly, this season I view Teresa as the weak link.

She has lost a bit of what made her popular, now looks and acts crazy trying to control Luis and using Gia to do some of her dirty work.  This is the havoc Gia grew up around so it comes natural for her to back up her mother no matter what, the ethos that has been drilled in to her since birth, "never go against the family," is alive and well with in Gia.  Does Gia have any friends?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why not blame and name call Tiki as well...his relationship resume is not good either, it takes two to tango.

Marge left a marriage for Joe B., my thought was the marriage must have not been so good and was on it's way south, her actions just sped up the process, Tiki might have been in that situation too and that baby could have been a band aid baby, who knows.

She has lost a bit of what made her popular, now looks and acts crazy trying to control Luis and using Gia to do some of her dirty work.  This is the havoc Gia grew up around so it comes natural for her to back up her mother no matter what, the ethos that has been drilled in to her since birth, "never go against the family," is alive and well with in Gia.  Does Gia have any friends?

Tiki wasn’t on this episode very much but as a rich athlete he obviously used that to bang sluts with no regard for his marriage. Fairly common for a sleazy former athlete such as himself. I believe his ex was pregnant with twins so there’s no excuse for leaving a growing family for a dumb whore. 
Margaret was just as distasteful as she admitted that joe had to shower before going home to his wife because Marge stinks. How disgusting of both of them. Jan Joseph’s was unknowingly paying Joe Benigno to bang his wife. 

On 3/30/2022 at 12:55 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

That's a bit harsh and we haven't seen ANY indication of this at ALL from her ...Because T said she would leave him? Because T's record of picking out a spouse has been super great so far? IF she was so money grubbing wouldn't THIS be the time to find a richer man and go? wouldn't that have just helped her on the show with a story line? they love each other even T said that they BOTH still get Jealous of others ...

I agree. On the other hand, Caroline was right about Tre leaving Joe after he ended up in prison. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Love 10
14 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

You can love them but they can destroy you in the process. Kanye West is sick. Was Kim K. wrong to leave him?

At its core an ED is a mental illness. It is not easy being married to someone who is mentally ill. It is different from other illnesses in terms of compliance, etc. 

Their wedding pictures show Jackie as skeletal so he knew what he was getting into but it does not make it easy on him and I can see him bailing if she refuses help. 

• Love 1
On 3/29/2022 at 9:04 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Teresa created a line of yoga clothes that consists of black leggings, like the world needs more black leggings?

Well her black leggings have holes right above the butt, which no thanks! And for her and all our sakes I hope the Fart Bubble doesnt escape through those holes...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

There are so many reasons to trash these people, but oof, some of these posts say more about the poster(s). But people like attention, just like the HWs do; I suppose a misogyny "schtick" is as good a way to get it as any other?

Margaret was just as distasteful as she admitted that joe had to shower before going home to his wife because Marge stinks. How disgusting of both of them. 

Also, this -- haha! I don't know what Marge actually smells like, but (and sorry to state the obvious) this is not necessarily an admission that she "stinks"!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

You can love them but they can destroy you in the process. Kanye West is sick. Was Kim K. wrong to leave him?

At its core an ED is a mental illness. It is not easy being married to someone who is mentally ill. It is different from other illnesses in terms of compliance, etc. 

Their wedding pictures show Jackie as skeletal so he knew what he was getting into but it does not make it easy on him and I can see him bailing if she refuses help. 

The cruel and heartless language on this forum around Jackie's eating disorder is pretty horrifying, however this post raises an interesting point --

Evan dated and married Jackie knowing that there were issues that people are pointing out as "reasons" for him to cheat, leave, etc.  For example, by the time she met him, this was already manifesting and by the time they got married she was clearly fully anorexic, it didn't just pop up then.  She never gave blow jobs - not just with Evan but with anyone.  And yes, they fell in love and got married and grew their life and family together.  There's plenty of good within that, and no doubt plenty of reasons to stay in love and be happy.  An eating disorder, or any mental illness, is not a death sentence to a relationship nor does it have to be.  Could it be?  Sure.  But they can also come out the other side of this happier and with a stronger and healthier relationship.  

With therapy for an eating disorder comes the opportunity to also involve your family with your therapy.  For all we know that's happening.  For all we know Evan is seeing somebody too, as others have said it's not easy living with somebody with an eating disorder, or any type of mental illness.  Jackie has recently said that she's out of the danger zone, she's eating healthy, she has an entire team of doctors - not just a therapist, but a nutritionist and others.  She's a new clothing size, which she admits is a challenge but her team is helping her and supporting her.  And she said that part of the reason why she DID put it on the show was - for better or worse - a way to help keep her accountable.  Therapy for an eating disorder doesn't just heal the eating disorder, it heals the thinking, the insecurity and the way you look at yourself and your relationships.  It gives you tools to deal with those triggering challenges.  And it doesn't make your eating habits healthier, it makes your mental health better.  It's never just about the eating, that's one small piece of the larger puzzle.  It will also lifelong issue for her, she will be in "recovery" for the rest of her life.  Again, think of an addict who is in recovery.  It's the same concept.  

So you know what?  GO JACKIE.  Sure, I wouldn't have done this on housewives, but if we're being fair the large majority of people wouldn't go on housewives at all anyway. 

Nothing but positive vibes for her here.  So like I said, GO JACKIE.  I'm rooting for her and her family during her recovery now and in the future. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

There are so many reasons to trash these people, but oof, some of these posts say more about the poster(s). But people like attention, just like the HWs do; I suppose a misogyny "schtick" is as good a way to get it as any other?

Also, this -- haha! I don't know what Marge actually smells like, but (and sorry to state the obvious) this is not necessarily an admission that she "stinks"!

Margaret admitted that Joe had to get the Margaret smell off of him before he went home to his wife. What the smell was, I have no idea nor would I want to. 

Did anyone notice the long pause when Jackie asked Evan if he would mind her gaining weight? That was a long ass pause. I bet he moos at her when she actually does eat. 

(edited)

That doesn’t necessarily equal a bad or unhygienic smell. It simply (as we both know) means a different smell that his wife may have noticed — and shouldn’t there be a “whore” or “slut” or some other term in front of Joe’s name?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

That doesn’t necessarily equal a bad or unhygienic smell. It simply (as we both know) means a different smell that his wife may have noticed — and shouldn’t there be a “whore” or “slut” or some other term in front of Joe’s name?

Of course not. Boys will be boys but women are whores and sluts. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Yes both names could apply to Joe Benigno especially since he was being paid to service Marge although unknowingly by her husband. 
Now as seen in this episode, he seems to be there to listen to her whine about Teresa. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
(edited)

Yes both names could apply to Joe Benigno especially since he was being paid to service Marge although unknowingly by her husband. 

Wait, was Joe being paid to unknowingly  service Marge or was Marge's husband unknowingly paying Joe to service Marge?

he seems to be there to listen to her whine about Teresa. 

Isn't it part of a spouses' duties to put up with their partner's whining about things that annoy their partner?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4
On 4/2/2022 at 9:33 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I’ll believe Jackie is serious about her eating disorder if she quits the show and goes into a real treatment program and not one for tv.  I still think she’s doing this to distract from Evans cheating.

I agree with you 100%. She didn't go inpatient not because she couldn't be away from the kids, but she is in denial and there would be no filming in  the inpatient facility. If she is so concerned about her children, she would move mountains and part oceans to work on her disorder and have better management of her eating. If that meant being away from your kids for a while, so be it. Yup, it sucks. But if it means a future of better physical and mental health, you do it.  Her poor children , and especially her daughter are getting the most skewed and improper perception of food/body image/help/mental health etc.  

All along I have said I think Evan is cheating. And no, he doesn't get a pass and it's not OK. Jackie is someone I don't like and I have yet to pinpoint why? She seems nice enough, but there is something underlying that I can't grasp or connect with. She is not at all fun, eating disorder or not. If (when) Evan is cheating, she is well aware and she doesn't give  a shit because her eating disorder and obsession with intake is far more important to her than her husband and her family. Just my 2 cents worth, but I am pretty sure I am correct. LOL. 😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Kim (and others going this route) are required to take the Baby Bar, which is the equivalent of completion of L1. Kim had to take it multiple times (I want to say 4) before passing. 

This path is only possible in California. So no, Gia won't go this route.

You can apprentice in NY, but you are required to have completed at least one year of law school to go this route. Gia, conceivably could do this, but she'd still have to apply, get accepted to and attend law school for at least one year.

20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Margaret admitted that Joe had to get the Margaret smell off of him before he went home to his wife. What the smell was, I have no idea nor would I want to. 

It was the smell of SEX!  Surprise!

18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

That doesn’t necessarily equal a bad or unhygienic smell. It simply (as we both know) means a different smell that his wife may have noticed

Yes, his wife may have noticed that strong stench of SEX coming off him, which I doubt she would have found good or hygienic, thus the showering.  It's also a good way to get a frying pan upside the head.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

It was the smell of SEX!  Surprise!

Yes, his wife may have noticed that strong stench of SEX coming off him, which I doubt she would have found good or hygienic, thus the showering.  It's also a good way to get a frying pan upside the head.

Marge admits to needing a shower fairly often so it’s just a hunch that it was more than a normal sex smell. Plus the state of that shit hole house of hers. But hey, maybe it was just a touch of love he had to scrub off of him before clocking out and going home to the wife.

• Useful 1

Lol I remember they were all on vacation last year and Marge telling Melissa how she had to take a shower first to get a stench off her first before she did anything lol. Her husband saying anything about going down her lol he has no shame. 

• LOL 1
On 3/30/2022 at 11:21 AM, heatherchandler said:

I think Joe is head over heels in love with Melissa, and I think she likes/tolerates him. 

I agree. For all his stupid sex talk and boorishness, I do think Joe loves Melissa and has always tried to support her. He built her a damn recording studio for fucks sakes!  In past seasons Melissa has seemed repulsed by her husband, always rolling her eyes at him and pushing him away. I don’t blame her, but if she has moved on from him she should just own it.  Last season she tried to put the blame on him and said he was holding her back, all evidence to the contrary. This season I think she’s noticing how she was coming across and has been nicer to him. I still think she is repulsed by him though. Once you start feeling that way, it’s very hard to reverse. 

In one scene when T was telling Gia about the thing Tracy planned they both looked so much better when they didn’t have all that pancake makeup on. It’s way over the top and ages both of them terribly. 

The softball game looked fun. And OMG at Jenifer totally face planting!  Why is it always funny when people fall?  Thank goodness she was wearing that mask, ha!

• Love 2
On 3/30/2022 at 12:28 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

She was with him how long before the show even started? I get what you are saying but I don't see it she is only with him for fame or the money that comes with it...

I think it’s actually the opposite, before the show I think Melissa was probably content being a wife and mom and as hard as it is to be home 24/7 with littles I think Joe provided a pretty sweet life for her.  Now being on the show for a while, Melissa has got a taste of “celebrity” and all that comes with that.  I think she feels she could do better than Joe, and it shows.  It makes me feel badly for Joe, who I think is still totally in love with her.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2022 at 8:48 AM, kristen111 said:

One thing I have to say is I truly think Joe & Melissa really love each other.  They really seem to have each other’s backs.  If Melissa ever left him, he would really go bonkers.  Am I wrong?  I come and go with this show.

I agree! I don't particularly like Melissa and I loathe Joe but I would bank on their marriage lasting. 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2022 at 11:31 AM, kristen111 said:

Teresa looks like she’s had it with this show and the other women.  If it wasn’t for the paycheck, she’d be off in a flash.

On Ultimate Girls Trip Teresa said she hasn't actually enjoyed doing the show since season 1 or so.  If almost any other HW had said that I'd roll my eyes, but I genuinely believe it with Teresa.  I don't think she loves the cameras the way that the other seem to.  I do think she likes having expensive things.  If some rich guy (and I don't think Luis falls in that category?) showed up and offered to sweep her away from it all, I think she'd leave the show in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2022 at 2:36 PM, oftentimes said:

"love bubble" is almost as cringe worthy as "love tank".  😂

Love bubble actually doesn't bother me.

Love bean on the other hand . . .

• Applause 1