Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Ride or Die from Jr. High

• Start Topic

Vannessa works to repair the fractured relationship with her sister before going under the knife. Tina weighs in with Dr. Procter to see if she still needs surgery. Also, Meghan has an eventful encounter with an ex at her high school reunion.

Original air date 2022.03.28

• Love 1

Lol. That “reunion” looked like they were wrapping up bingo night at the local Kiwanis club. Twentieth reunion my ass. Can you say staged? Oh…and Megan? If you think that a reject from Breaking Bad performatively telling you you’re beautiful is some kind of ego closure boost - you need some counseling. Sorry. But this was dopier than usual. I expect my trash reality TV to be somewhat entertaining damn you! 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

To the breaking bad reference  😆😂   (Chuck was looking a little rough)

I thought Meghan was married?   She behaves like a single lady.   Didn't even mention her husband in any conversation.   Weird.   I went to my 25th reunion with my then husband.  I wanted him there. To each their own I guess.  I just remember everyone had gotten bigger (including me)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Everyone regardless of size usually dresses to accentuate their good parts &  camouflage their less stellar parts.  We all got 'em.  Meghan dear, may I please suggest a  below the knee length dress? 

The dress she chose was not flattering. It gave her no shape. Plus she wore an ugly visible bra underneath it.

• Love 2

I must say, Dr. Proctor's weight loss goals are quite modest.  10 lbs?   And rather than calling her out on her bullshit that darn,  her body  "just didn't respond like it should", he says this just further proves she needs surgery.  It's the only way.  He's no Dr Now when it comes to tactics. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Jesus take the wheel she is confronting him over something that happened 20 years ago? My high school Ex was a dick bit it was a long time ago and I don’t care.  If she is still hanging on to that hurt then she must not have experienced much since high school.  Her girlfriends tell her she is pretty all the time. One man validated her and she was over the moon. It’s sad.

by the way…that food and poorly dollar store decorated gym and most dudes in jeans 😂 what kind of reunion is this? 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Jesus take the wheel she is confronting him over something that happened 20 years ago? My high school Ex was a dick bit it was a long time ago and I don’t care.  If she is still hanging on to that hurt then she must not have experienced much since high school. 

Wasn't she married, divorced & met her current BF online?   You know, the guy who she lives in Tina's basement with?  

This hideous douche chilling class reunion stunt makes Whitney Thore's contrived stunts seem almost plausible.  Yikes.

TLC please don't bother to bring back this mess for another season.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I had to laugh at that reunion, for all of the 10 people that showed up. Megan's constant need for validation is annoying. Why not invest in some spanx for her legs, they make almost full body ones and then get a better dress. I wonder why Megan didn't decide to move in with Vanessa, being they are the bestest of friends now that Vanessa has that large house and what looked to be a homemade bread box the size of a small garage built on the kitchen counter

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I had to laugh at that reunion, for all of the 10 people that showed up. Megan's constant need for validation is annoying. Why not invest in some spanx for her legs, they make almost full body ones and then get a better dress. I wonder why Megan didn't decide to move in with Vanessa, being they are the bestest of friends now that Vanessa has that large house and what looked to be a homemade bread box the size of a small garage built on the kitchen counter

A maxi dress is fashionable and would have suited her nicely. This show was a hot mess. Hopefully one and done yet the Thore clan lumbers on so who knows.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, suev3333 said:

To the breaking bad reference  😆😂   (Chuck was looking a little rough)

I thought Meghan was married?   She behaves like a single lady.   Didn't even mention her husband in any conversation.   Weird.   I went to my 25th reunion with my then husband.  I wanted him there. To each their own I guess.  I just remember everyone had gotten bigger (including me)

Meghan is engaged.   She was on two episodes of Too Large, and on the second episode her boyfriend proposed.   He lives in the basement with her, or at least he did.  

I'm sure the reunion was as phony as the weddings on the Bridezillas show, where the 'expensive' wedding is 20 or so people, and totally staged. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Please say Vannessa was kidding when she said she hadn't read any of the info provided before surgery. How on earth would you agree to undergo an operation without knowing what's expected of you afterwards? That's downright insane.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Everyone regardless of size usually dresses to accentuate their good parts &  camouflage their less stellar parts.  We all got 'em.  Meghan dear, may I please suggest a  below the knee length dress? 

YES!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I thought Meghan was married?   She behaves like a single lady.   Didn't even mention her husband in any conversation. 

I thought she had, or did have, a live-in boyfriend.
Also, I wonder how bad Vannessa's cirosis of the liver is.  We haven't seen her drinking a lot, have we?
I think the reunion was a TLC-staged one, surely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Please say Vannessa was kidding when she said she hadn't read any of the info provided before surgery. How on earth would you agree to undergo an operation without knowing what's expected of you afterwards? That's downright insane.

Didnt see the episode but just throwing this out there…could it possibly be that Vanessa can’t read the literature?  I have an adult client who cannot read but has faked his way through life pretending that he can.   Although with her it might just be that she didn’t have the desire to read it.  

Wouldn't someone from the staff have verbalized to Vanessa the importance of following instructions and her stitches could pop if she eats solid food before she's allowed.  It seems odd to leave it to chance that a patient would always read all the instructions.  Of course, maybe they did verbalize it to her and she either wasn't paying attention, didn't think it was that serious, or forgot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Didnt see the episode but just throwing this out there…could it possibly be that Vanessa can’t read the literature?  I have an adult client who cannot read but has faked his way through life pretending that he can.   Although with her it might just be that she didn’t have the desire to read it.  

I was going to suggest that. Or perhaps she can read, but may not understand the instructions although she can identify the words. 

• Love 8

Yep, that "reunion" was fakity fake fake fake.  All that crummy food, the dollar store decorations, and the THREE OTHER PEOPLE THERE BESIDES THE CAST just gave it away!

Meghan and Vanessa should just live together.  They've gotten some TLC $$$, why is Meghan living in Tina's basement anyway??

OK, I really don't give a crap.  Let's hope this one has a fork stuck in it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

A multi-year reunion attended by eight people excluding the class members?  Yeah right.  It looked like it was an elementary school they were using as a location.  And what reunion would agree to being filmed?  People get drunk and embarrass themselves, sure air that nationwide.  For such a small group there was a lot of TP on the floor of the stalls lol.  If you are going to line the seat at least flush it when done.  

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Who the hell had a JUNIOR HIGH reunion?!! And I have never heard of a reunion being held in the school gym. All of my high school reunions have been at very nice restaurants with sit down dinners and cocktail hour. 
… Of course we each paid to attend these (every five years) get togethers. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Who the hell had a JUNIOR HIGH reunion?!! And I have never heard of a reunion being held in the school gym. All of my high school reunions have been at very nice restaurants with sit down dinners and cocktail hour. 
… Of course we each paid to attend these (every five years) get togethers. 

They do seem to be the meth/trailer park crowd so who knows?   The guys were wearing T-shirts and work boots and the buffet was a grocery store sheet cake and some mini deli sandwiches.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

They do seem to be the meth/trailer park crowd so who knows?   The guys were wearing T-shirts and work boots and the buffet was a grocery store sheet cake and some mini deli sandwiches.

I watched it today but skipped through most of it.   I needed to see the reunion for myself.  How pity-full.  I thought that maybe there was some exaggeration on the number of people there but nope, exactly eight at the reunion 

I did find it interesting that the four walk into the reunion and immediately head for the buffet.  I don’t know, maybe I’m goofy but when I enter a gathering I immediately make myself comfortable by working the room with hellos. Not these gals. They beelined for the Market Basket fare. Yikes!  And for what it’s worth, I totally agree that it was staged.  Poorly I may add.

And the shots of Vanessa post op…please do something about your teeth.  Please. They are missing, rotted and snaggled.  You’ll feel better and will be able to digest your food properly with implants or dentures.  Teeth are not a luxury but a necessity.  

The only words I can think of to describe this show are hot and mess.  But I might be in the minority because it appears that Vanessa has tons of fans who describe her as courageous, brave, funny, smart, loyal and kind. 

I’m not a betting gal but ten would probably get me twenty that this masterpiece theatre will be returning.  Here’s hoping I’m wrong. 

Edited by PsychoKlown
Copied myself twice
3 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I did find it interesting that the four walk into the reunion and immediately head for the buffet.

I noticed that too. Straight for that sad buffet, and they all got bread that they aren't supposed to eat. Ashley wanted that sheet cake, and I'm thinking if you want a cake at least make one yourself or buy a good one. I have a feeling Vannessa is going to eat through her WLS. Meghan certainly is, and Ashley may need to forget about the 2nd surgery.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

And the shots of Vanessa post op…please do something about your teeth.  Please. They are missing, rotted and snaggled.  You’ll feel better and will be able to digest your food properly with implants or dentures.  Teeth are not a luxury but a necessity.  

Probably can't afford it.  I had dental insurance when I was working and now that I'm retired, with no dental insurance, it sure makes a difference in my pocketbook.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Probably can't afford it.  I had dental insurance when I was working and now that I'm retired, with no dental insurance, it sure makes a difference in my pocketbook.

True. But in my mind if you have money for drugs, money for fast food, money for sex toys, money for excessive alcohol…you’ve got enough money for a payment plan with a local dentist.  Some payment plans could be had for $39 a month.  I was paying $52 a month. 

She is also getting some money to be on this train wreck.

Just my opinion.  I place great importance on healthy teeth - and not just for cosmetic reasons.  Good dental health trickles down to other components of the human body. 

Others may see it as a luxury or a low priority but I do not.  Not judging by any means but it really does make a difference in so many ways.

I think the women all need consultation with Molly (the bra shop lady on 90 Day), and a stylist.    They would feel so much better about themselves.    That 'reunion' was so sad.  It's obvious it was fake. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’m not a betting gal but ten would probably get me twenty that this masterpiece theatre will be returning.  Here’s hoping I’m wrong. 

It's just another version of TLC's "My 600 Pound Life". Except the newer versions exploit the obese in shameful (as in, shame on TLC) ways (bikinis at the beach, high school reunions, tanning salons etc)

I hope all of these women take advantage of every fucking thing TLC gives them (for freebies) AND also lose the weight. Ram it up TLC's arse. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

US insurance policies on dental and vision are absolutely atrocious. Dental care has a long, LONG history of affecting overall health, particularly cardiac health, and still most policies won't pay for much more than twice-yearly cleanings. I have the cadillac plans for both, and I still have to pay $500 out of pocket yearly just to be able to see. Not everyone could absorb that cost (and indeed I spent my early twenties squinting through life). I'm just lucky that I can now, and at least I have healthy teeth. 

I do hope Vannessa can get her teeth fixed if she wants, at some point--having healthy teeth isn't only healthy for your body but also for your self-esteem.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Wow the show really went all out with that staged get together; reunion.

😂 I know! That sheet cake was an ugly mess and Meghan's ex-bf got his 10 minutes on reality tv telling the world how he's become a great guy. He's not like he used to be. Sure. Right. 

• Love 6
On 3/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the women all need consultation with Molly (the bra shop lady on 90 Day), and a stylist.    They would feel so much better about themselves.    That 'reunion' was so sad.  It's obvious it was fake. 

I got fitted for a bra, and you need to do this because you think you're the same size. I always think it looks so uncomfortable when the boobs are under your arms.  Both Megan and Vannessa need good bras.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

It turns out this was the season finale.  Seems like it could have been a more exciting episode instead of a class reunion

is it wrong of me to hope this was also the SERIES finale? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5