Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/21/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 21 – Daniel Radcliffe (“The Lost City”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, March 22 – Guest co-host Lindsey Granger (“Daily Blast Live”); John Cho (author, “Troublemaker”)

Wednesday, March 23 – Guest co-host Lindsey Granger (“Daily Blast Live”); Matt Damon and Gary White (authors, “The Worth of Water”)

Thursday, March 24 – “The View” celebrates Women’s History Month; Regina Hall (“The Oscars”; “Master”)

Friday, March 25 – Nathan Lane (“The Gilded Age”)

I don't know who she is nor what Daily Blast Live is.

From their website: Lindsey Granger has been interviewing taste-makers for more than a decade and covering stories across the globe. She’s worked as a producer and reporter for MSNBC, national correspondent for The List and hosted segments for AOL, PEOPLE, USA Today and TIME Magazine. She produced a documentary for P. Diddy’s music network, REVOLT TV. The New York native believes life is a journey and lives by the philosophy that the BIGGEST adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.

https://www.dailyblastlive.com/hosts/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I think you guys will like Lindsey (regular DBL viewer here). She's fun and upbeat without being loud and obnoxious. Doubtful she will get the 5th chair since DBL tapes in Denver and she's not a political conservative. 

Hopefully Joy, Sara and Sunny will all be back. Any updates?

• Love 1

The guy sitting down looked so familiar, so I looked him up and he's Jeff Schroeder of Big Brother fame.  Prairie Rose, how does he do on the show? Does he talk about Jordan or his time on the show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

The guy sitting down looked so familiar, so I looked him up and he's Jeff Schroeder of Big Brother fame.  Prairie Rose, how does he do on the show? Does he talk about Jordan or his time on the show?

He does quite well and he does talk about Jordan and BB quite often.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Anything interesting you can relate?  Assume he's till with Jordan?

Well, just yesterday he was relating how he and Jordan spent their anniversary at a Justin Bieber concert. There's a lot of good stuff on the Daily Blast Live YouTube channel, too. I wish there was a DBL thread on this board, but I don't know how much interest there is.

Getting back on topic, I wonder if they'll even be in studio this week given the Covid exposures. Are we in for a week of remote shows?

4 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Getting back on topic, I wonder if they'll even be in studio this week given the Covid exposures. Are we in for a week of remote shows?

I'm sure they will be back in the studio.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

If they are auditioning someone new then it sounds like they aren't happy with those who already have auditioned.  

I'd love it if they'd bring on board someone young who brings another perspective to the table that doesn't revolve around grinding political axes! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 3/19/2022 at 8:07 AM, Prairie Rose said:

Well, just yesterday he was relating how he and Jordan spent their anniversary at a Justin Bieber concert. There's a lot of good stuff on the Daily Blast Live YouTube channel, too. I wish there was a DBL thread on this board, but I don't know how much interest there is.

DbL shoots locally here, not sure how far out they go.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

DbL shoots locally here, not sure how far out they go.

DBL is a Tegna owned talk show that airs mostly on Tegna owned stations. It’s format is similar to The View and The Talk in their round table discussions. All of their hosts are pleasant (Tory, Erica and Al are my favorites). I’ve found that Lindsay appears the least frequently of the six hosts when I watch (they rotate 3-4 hosts per show). She’s very pleasant and a new mom.  In regards to Jeff, I haven’t watched Big Brother since the early seasons, so I’m not too familiar with him, but he’s usually the more conservative panelist when they discuss political and pop culture topics. If/when Joy ever leaves the show, Tory would make a great host in her place. 

• Love 1

Sara is right that Hawley is playing into the whole QAnon conspiracist nonsense of an elite pedophile ring with those comments. Just gross. Loved Ana pointing out how she has more experience than those four other justices combined.

I agree with Ana that Kanye has received way too many excuses for his behavior and should've been dealt with a long time ago. People with the same problems he has don't threaten people.

• Love 17

There it is. Sunny is pissed off because Gabe didn’t get to be valedictorian.

If you are a HP fan you have to see the reunion film on HBO. It is wonderful to hear all their stories. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Haleth said:

If you are a HP fan you have to see the reunion film on HBO. It is wonderful to hear all their stories. 

What is HP?

I find it somewhat funny that Sunny will NOT say one negative thing about a black person EVER!!! Doesn't matter how bat shit crazy they are or that they've made actual threats to people, she will NEVER let those words leave her lips!!! Wonder if she'd be fine being alone with Kayne or would want some back up, just in case? I just find her so bloody annoying these days! She used to be one of my favorites. Not now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, Rightside said:

What is HP?

28 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thanks for asking!

Yes, Harry Potter. They were talking about the reunion film with Dan Radcliffe. 

• Love 2
On 3/18/2022 at 3:08 PM, Haleth said:

Great timing with the promo for The Gilded Age with Nathan Lane. I believe the show will only have one more epi by next Fri.

Does anyone know who Lindsey Granger is?

Some people wait until every episode drops before they start watching. I think they do PR to try and get new viewers to stream it.  I started watching The Gilded Age just last week. I like being able to watch a couple episodes at a time or even binge a season. Like Abbott Elementary,  I thought I had the watched the whole season only to find out they still have episodes coming lol. Happy surprise. 

So they haven't said if Joy has COVID or not, just that she came into contact with someone who did. My guess is so far she's continued to test negative or they would have said something. About how long off should she be to make sure she's COVID free, two weeks or is it a week and a half?

4 minutes ago, geekburger said:

It’s been interesting to see Sunny without a Megan or Jed to play off of. She definitely wasn’t this much if a hot topic without them.

Since Meghan left Sunny has been more outspoken about things that IMO are not a good look for her.  I stand by my belief that she wants to leave the View for something bigger.  Getting more media coverage, even if  it's not entirely flattering, might be what she wants.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, limestation said:

I find it somewhat funny that Sunny will NOT say one negative thing about a black person EVER!!! Doesn't matter how bat shit crazy they are or that they've made actual threats to people, she will NEVER let those words leave her lips!!! Wonder if she'd be fine being alone with Kayne or would want some back up, just in case? I just find her so bloody annoying these days! She used to be one of my favorites. Not now.

The faces Sunny was pulling while Anna was speaking were horrendous. She just can't seem to grasp that someone who is dangerous is just dangerous, doesn't matter what colour they may be.

1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Since Meghan left Sunny has been more outspoken about things that IMO are not a good look for her.  I stand by my belief that she wants to leave the View for something bigger.  Getting more media coverage, even if  it's not entirely flattering, might be what she wants.

She has no chance of moving on to something bigger with her holier than everyone attitude, it's very off putting whether you agree with her or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

The faces Sunny was pulling while Anna was speaking were horrendous. She just can't seem to grasp that someone who is dangerous is just dangerous, doesn't matter what colour they may be.

She has no chance of moving on to something bigger with her holier than everyone attitude, it's very off putting whether you agree with her or not.

Just because you and I find it off putting doesn't mean she doesn't have opportunities for something else.  I wouldn't be surprised if she ran for office.  Or took a job as an advisor to a particular politician.  

Just now, bluegirl147 said:

Just because you and I find it off putting doesn't mean she doesn't have opportunities for something else.  I wouldn't be surprised if she ran for office.  Or took a job as an advisor to a particular politician.  

I was just presuming that bigger meant bigger on tv. She would certainly suit either of the jobs you mention as she does have some fans.

2 hours ago, jalady said:

Sunny, it’s saluTAtorian!  If you’re going to brag about your achievement, you should be able to pronounce it correctly. 😂

Not sure she was bragging (or even humble bragging) because she repeated that it was second place. Someone else might be proud and happy to be the salutatorian (or get a silver medal) but clearly she felt she should have been in first place, and it still sticks in her craw.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So they haven't said if Joy has COVID or not, just that she came into contact with someone who did. My guess is so far she's continued to test negative or they would have said something. About how long off should she be to make sure she's COVID free, two weeks or is it a week and a half?

If she tested negative, then she should quarantine for five days. That's what I had to do when I was exposed to someone who had tested positive, but I tested negative.

Of course, I don't know if the CDC has updated their guidelines about that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, limestation said:

This is absolutely not true. I think this statement is in bad taste. I might not have agreed with Sunny today regarding Kanye but this is her opinion on this topic. To paint her with this incredibly biased brush is not fair. Sunny like everyone else on this show has different opinions about different topics.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If she tested negative, then she should quarantine for five days. That's what I had to do when I was exposed to someone who had tested positive, but I tested negative.

Of course, I don't know if the CDC has updated their guidelines about that.

Good. So Thursday through today... Hopefully she'll be back tomorrow then (or at least for Friday's show, if nothing else).

2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I still believe Sunny is being more pronounced deliberately to cause sparks in the absence of a more trolling conservative co-host (unlike Ana). So far the ratings have been doing well, that's probably the best argument to them not needing more than four regulars + Ana anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Not sure she was bragging (or even humble bragging) because she repeated that it was second place. Someone else might be proud and happy to be the salutatorian (or get a silver medal) but clearly she felt she should have been in first place, and it still sticks in her craw.

I just think this is part of Sunny's shtick.  Everybody knows she is an over-achiever and she gets good-naturedly teased about it.  I think half the time she just leans into it.  I think Sunny has a sense of humor about herself but YMMV.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, limestation said:

Except that in this very same episode she criticized the very much Black Clarence Thomas.    

• Love 12
3 hours ago, limestation said:

Sunny is truly unbearable at this point! 

I now fast forward when she talks. I've been fast forwarding Sara since after they went remote because she is so scripted. Sunny just annoys and annoys.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Some people wait until every episode drops before they start watching. I think they do PR to try and get new viewers to stream it.  I started watching The Gilded Age just last week. I like being able to watch a couple episodes at a time or even binge a season. Like Abbott Elementary,  I thought I had the watched the whole season only to find out they still have episodes coming lol. Happy surprise. 

What's Gilded Age about?  I'm thinking golden age of Hollywood

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Late 1800s. The Gilded Age refers to the latter part of the Victorian Era in the United States specifically, particularly places like NYC. When things got all fancy after the Civil War, and the rich people got REALLY rich.

15 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

It's set in NYC in the 1880's(?)  New money family trying to get into high society. From the creators of Downton Abbey .

3 hours ago, Axie said:

I seriously doubt Sunny would be so understanding of Kanye’s behavior if she or her children were his target. 

I didn't like how Sunny approached it as a mental health issue - as though he's being "canceled"  from performing at the Grammys because he's diagnosed as bipolar.  Yes, the majority of people with a mental illness diagnosis are not going to kill anyone, Sunny - we know that.  But that is a statistic, and statistics don't apply to an individual situation.   This is not about "mental illness"  in the abstract.  This is about Kanye -  who has been threatening, berating people, making videos alluding to killing someone.  Added to that - this is a man who doesn't have the best track record of treating others with respect at an awards show.  (taylor swift) 

Bottom line - Kanye is not being judged for his mental illness diagnosis.  He is being judged for his behavior, past and present.  If his mental illness is causing him to behave in a threatening way, then yes, let's not give him a public platform.  

Sunny decided to look at the situation from only one perspective, refused to see the whole picture. 

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I have views on both sides of this.  One is that becoming valedictorian at some schools becomes a ruthless competition among a few top students.  they are reluctant to take any classes they might not excel in, because they need to get that perfect GPA.  And, in many schools the perfect GPA is not a 4.0 , it's a 5.0 on a 4 point scale, that they get because they take so many AP classes.  The competition gets crazy, and there is no reason why schools cannot give excellence awards to the top several students, not naming ONE.  Schools are stopping it because of the stress and anxiety placed on students, not to learn and get good grades, but to compete to get better grades than others, generally the others are the students who are in ALL of their classes, so the stress permeates every moment at school.  

ON the other hand -   I hate that schools seem to celebrate athletes much more than scholars, and that competition is fine on the football field, but not in the classroom.  I think schools can do better, but I'm not sure that competing for the valedictorian title is the way to do it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

The Gilded Age is a great series.  It is worth watching, just for the costumes and the ideas about old money vs  new money, and the importance of societal standings.  the name "Gilded Age"  is taken from an actual time in American history.   I am fascinated by the number of servants a small household has, how wealthy women couldn't do anything for themselves.

And Nathan Lane, needless to say, is great in it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

And, 35 years later, she seems to still be pissed off that she didn’t get to be valedictorian.

Just watched a 20/20 episode about the Heaven's Gate cult.  One of the members' main claim to fame was that she had been valedictorian. In grades 7-12 I was in choir and sat through several graduation ceremonies and found that the top grade earner is not necessarily the most inciteful or best speaker and I detest boring speeches!  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

In grades 7-12 I was in choir and sat through several graduation ceremonies and found that the top grade earner is not necessarily the most inciteful or best speaker and I detest boring speeches!  

I'm going out on a limb and say that many new high school graduates are not that inciteful or inspirational and the speeches are very likely to be boring. It might be interesting if some school came up with a different way of honoring those with the top grades, but TBH I can't think of anything off the top of my head. 

• Love 3

When my son was in high school they had multiple valedictorians and salutitorians.

It was easy for Sunny to say she didn't like the "everyone gets a medal" mentality when your children excel in things.  Parents who have children who don't probably feel differently.  

• Love 1