Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: An Extra Special Episode

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Dare we hope for a triple elimination? 😁

I just think if you have three people up for elimination, odds are someone is going to have the golden ticket. Still, I'd be happy to be rid of two people and this dumb gimmick.

AFAIK :

1st round :
1st lip-synch : 3 queens. The winner is safe.
2nd and 3rd lip-synch : 2 queens. The winners are safe

2nd round :
Not winner X from 1st lip-synch vs. loser of lip-synch 2
Not winner Y from 1st lip-synch vs. loser of lip-synch 3

3rd round :
Losers from 2nd round lip-synch for their life, one eliminated.

8 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

AFAIK :

1st round :
1st lip-synch : 3 queens. The winner is safe.
2nd and 3rd lip-synch : 2 queens. The winners are safe

2nd round :
Not winner X from 1st lip-synch vs. loser of lip-synch 2
Not winner Y from 1st lip-synch vs. loser of lip-synch 3

3rd round :
Losers from 2nd round lip-synch for their life, one eliminated.

How many freaking episodes are in this season? we are on episode 11 and we still have 8 queens left Jesus Christ they need to start cutting here

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

We FINALLY got an elimination… praise the baby Jesus 

I was coming here to say the exact same thing.  And let's hope next week is not the golden ticket week.

• Love 5

That was a loooooooong way to go to eliminate somebody who’d already been on the bottom several times, but as others have said at least we finally got an elimination.

I’m just imagining how many people’s heads would have exploded if Jasmine had opened her candy bar and it had been gold. 😀

ETA:  Daya, please please please go away

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, SammyBeBop said:

Jorgeous wasn't even the third best person in that lip sync. RIGGA. MORRIS.

No, but Ru is obsessed.  That’s all it takes.  Case in point, Kandy Muse.  Or Silky Nutmeg Ganache.

• Love 12

I was on the edge of my seat, especially when Daya Betty was the first one to pull out a win.  I was surprised at that, though I understand that she had a slight edge over Jasmine with that song.    I am so glad my faves got through this episode.  Jasmine seemed like a genuine person and certainly took a lot of criticism from the others.  Deja complimented her on being able to laugh at a joke, even at her own expense.  Wishing good things for her.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, threebluestars said:

My top four are Bosco, Angeria, Willow and Lady Camden and I would just like to skip to that now please lol.

Same. Unless there's a surprise upset and that girl doesn't somehow magically surprisingly unexpectedly truly madly deeply have the golden ticket (or more likely, if Jorgeous gets eliminated to attempt to put a fire under her and shockingly jawdroppingly no-earthly-groundhog-could-have-predicted-it-ly rigory morrisly does have the ticket and then two of those four end up in the bottom and one has to go), I would have almost bet chocolate on these four being the last four standing from about....the first few episodes? I would be happy with any one of them winning, although as someone on Team Gemini, I will be especially pleased if it's Bosco, since I don't think we've had a winner since Violet Chachki, IIRC? 

I like Deja but I think she got immunity at the right time. I don't see her surviving that lip sync deathmatch with anyone except Daya.

Speaking of, is Daya trying to gaslight the entire cast and dragrace fandom into forgetting that she actually should already be at home with all this "i can't believe i did just as bad as jaaaaaaasmiiiiiiine" bullfuckery? I'm glad Jasmine called her out on the "no offense" method of trying to stop people from calling her out for being an asshole. I also thought it was interesting that she has different rules for how and when other people get to be honest. So you can say whatever you want in front of the group because you're saying "no offense," but somebody else has to come to you privately to bring something up? Yeah, no. Jasmine has good instincts to bring that stuff up in public where she has witnesses.

Willow has been playing the game better and more intelligently than just about anyone that's been on this show. I think Bosco and Camden have also been playing fairly smartly, so I hope they can all figure out a way to get rid of Daya.

I have to rewatch the episode because my internet starts getting laggy about 30 minutes into the live feed and the only matches I saw clearly without it freezing every five seconds were the first two. Willow vs Bosco is probably one of my favorite lip syncs I've seen in recent memory.

• Love 10

I liked this episode but now I wonder if they purposely tanked snatch game so they could have this big lip synch. Would they have another episode already planned if snatch game went well? I’m sure all episodes are planned before the show ever airs.

I like many of this years queens and didn’t think I had a preference until I thought Bosco was going home and then realized I really like her, Lady Camden and Willow Pill. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I liked this episode but now I wonder if they purposely tanked snatch game so they could have this big lip synch. Would they have another episode already planned if snatch game went well? I’m sure all episodes are planned before the show ever airs.

The format for this episode needed 7 queens, the same number as what there would have been if Ru had sent someone home last week.  All of the queens would have participated instead of having Deja sit out.

• Love 2

But what reason would Ru have given for sending any of the seven home? If it was a good snatch game there would have been two or three in the top and a couple in the middle. Only the bottom two would be lip syncing. I can’t see them having people do a great job and then telling them they are up for elimination.

Well, it was Jasmine's time. I grew to like her, and it seems like she got quite a bit out of the experience. She met Kerri, made good friends, learned about herself and how to make her interactions with others better, and had a personal breakthrough with coming forward about being trans. Now if we could just get rid of Daya, the rest of the season, however long it will be, will be at least tolerable.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

But what reason would Ru have given for sending any of the seven home? If it was a good snatch game there would have been two or three in the top and a couple in the middle. Only the bottom two would be lip syncing. I can’t see them having people do a great job and then telling them they are up for elimination.

This would have not been an continuation of Snatch Game, but it's own competition. I don't think the show knew during the season 14 planning stages that the queens would bomb Snatch Game so bad that there was no clear loser.  The decision to combine this episode with the previous one had to have been made on the fly with the knowledge that the next episode was already constructed for 7 queens to battle it out.  If a couple of queens had done better at Snatch Game (Angeria, Willow, Lady Camden or Bosco for example), then Ru would have had Jasmine and Jorgeous battle it out last week.  Jasmine would have been sent home, and this episode would have unfolded with all of the remaining queens.  Then someone else would have been sent home this episode.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This would have not been an continuation of Snatch Game, but it's own competition. I don't think the show knew during the season 14 planning stages that the queens would bomb Snatch Game so bad that there was no clear loser.  The decision to combine this episode with the previous one had to have been made on the fly with the knowledge that the next episode was already constructed for 7 queens to battle it out.  If a couple of queens had done better at Snatch Game (Angeria, Willow, Lady Camden or Bosco for example), then Ru would have had Jasmine and Jorgeous battle it out last week.  Jasmine would have been sent home, and this episode would have unfolded with all of the remaining queens.  Then someone else would have been sent home this episode.  

I don't think that this show does much on the fly. 

It was a pretty safe bet that there would be a lot of bad performances in Snatch Game, because there usually are. And Ru did everything she could to ensure that as many contestants as possible would do badly - withholding her laughter at jokes that she would have laughed at in any other season, throwing Willow off her game with that "I guess you forgot you met me" line, and telling the queens that they couldn't "interrupt" (ie, interact) with each other during the game.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if, in this episode, the only balls in the machine at the beginning were "JK" balls. Picking Jasmine first pretty much guaranteed they'd get a Jasmine v. Daya lip sync, which I'm sure they wanted given that they're the biggest rivalry of the season. (Daya would be the obvious queen for Jasmine to choose, considering how badly she did in her first lip sync.)

It also wouldn't surprise me if. after the first two lip syncs, the only balls in the machine were "J" balls. That allowed Ru's precious Jorgeous to choose a fast-paced dance song, which pretty much guaranteed that she'd be the winner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This show is notorious for having multiple outs. My understanding is nearly every episode can eliminate 1, 2 or none. And they have a plan for the following episode's challenges to work out numerically with any of those options. This doesn't happen on the fly. They've got different versions of the rules for whatever challenge comes next, depending on what happened right before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

I don't think that this show does much on the fly. 

It was a pretty safe bet that there would be a lot of bad performances in Snatch Game, because there usually are. And Ru did everything she could to ensure that as many contestants as possible would do badly - withholding her laughter at jokes that she would have laughed at in any other season, throwing Willow off her game with that "I guess you forgot you met me" line, and telling the queens that they couldn't "interrupt" (ie, interact) with each other during the game.

Of course we can never know for sure, but changing the episode theme from “everybody lip syncs” to “everybody lip syncs because they’re all on the bottom” requires the tiniest of tweaks. I wouldn’t really categorize that as on the fly.

And Ru didn’t have to do anything to tank those performances. They unequivocally tanked themselves. I actually don’t think any amount of fake chortling could have distracted from the stink of flop sweat that took over at about Minute Two, and never let up.

I’m still disappointed by what I expected would be a pretty good Snatch Game and just so wasn’t.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

This show is notorious for having multiple outs. My understanding is nearly every episode can eliminate 1, 2 or none. And they have a plan for the following episode's challenges to work out numerically with any of those options. This doesn't happen on the fly. They've got different versions of the rules for whatever challenge comes next, depending on what happened right before.

I believe that a lot of the time they don't know how many contestants will be eliminated. But I don't think the timing of a special episode with no guest judges is done on the fly - I think they were going to do the lip-sync extravaganza after Snatch Game no matter what.

I also think for certain challenges they need a certain number of people. Ru wasn't going to do Snatch Game with just seven contestants, so the Jorgeous/Jasmine lip sync (that everyone knew would result in no elimination) happening when it did was very convenient..

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Of course we can never know for sure, but changing the episode theme from “everybody lip syncs” to “everybody lip syncs because they’re all on the bottom” requires the tiniest of tweaks. I wouldn’t really categorize that as on the fly.

And Ru didn’t have to do anything to tank those performances. They unequivocally tanked themselves. I actually don’t think any amount of fake chortling could have distracted from the stink of flop sweat that took over at about Minute Two, and never let up.

I’m still disappointed by what I expected would be a pretty good Snatch Game and just so wasn’t.

The contestants definitely sucked this time around. But that doesn't mean Ru didn't want them to fail. She's laughed at much weaker jokes in the past than some of the ones we heard. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

I believe that a lot of the time they don't know how many contestants will be eliminated. But I don't think the timing of a special episode with no guest judges is done on the fly - I think they were going to do the lip-sync extravaganza after Snatch Game no matter what.

I don't disagree. My point is this episode would have been a lip-sync-off no matter what. As someone else suggested, if someone had been eliminated during Snatch Game, they'd still have 7 this one: they simply wouldn't have given Deja immunity. If they'd wanted to eliminate more than one from Snatch Game during the previous ep, they could've still had this ep be a lip-sync-off, but they would've structured the bracket differently. That's what I mean by "multiple outs". They don't need to have different challenges lined up (and I don't believe they do). They just have variations on the structure of whatever challenge they have planned to force the numbers to work. I don't think there are infinite combinations, but they definitely have an A, B and C plan. Especially with the stupid chocolate bar shenanigans in the mix.

• Love 5

I found this episode a slog, mostly because at the halfway point Daya, Deja and Jorgeous [my three least preferred of the remaining queens] were relaxing backstage while Bosco, Camden, Angeria [three of my top four] and Jasmine [whose enthusiasm I loved] were still in danger.

Plus any tension dissipated when Daya bested Jasmine in the first lip sync and it was obvious how the storyline was going to play out.

No offence.

• Love 13

Regardless of whatever manufactured shenanigans that got us to this episode, I enjoyed it. I’m not a fan of the Jasmine/Jorgeous one-size-fits-all not stop movement style of lip sync, and would hate to see Jorgeous make the top 4 based on multiple sub-par episodes saved by her lip syncs (and overinflated ego). I ended up not disliking Jasmine, but it was her time to go.

• Love 9

I think Jasmine suffered from familiarity in re: lip syncing. I mean, was that the SIXTH time (vs. Bosco) she lip synced? You can only have so many schticks before they start getting stale.

I'm sad Daya is still around. 

This may be the weakest group I can remember being left this late in the season. I can't even begin to think of who the frontrunner is because they are all really mediocre. 

Jorgeous has no chance because her only talent seems to be lip-syncing. Also did not need to see her man nip on the runway. 

Edited by Mahfouz
man-nip
  • Love 4
On 3/18/2022 at 11:18 PM, threebluestars said:

My top four are Bosco, Angeria, Willow and Lady Camden and I would just like to skip to that now please lol.

Yes yes yes please! 

Gotta say I cackled during the 3 way lip sync when Michelle commented that the 3 queens onstage , who were giving epic dance performances, said the 3 were looking like her old group Seduction (I still have my Seduction cassette tapes, ya'll) and Ru replied something like "you wish!" Ha ha ha 

I found myself liking Jasmine as the season progressed, I hope she finds happiness and success in her life. Daya is just a big, sour anchor on this cast & can go away. No offense. 

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Yes yes yes please! 

Gotta say I cackled during the 3 way lip sync when Michelle commented that the 3 queens onstage , who were giving epic dance performances, said the 3 were looking like her old group Seduction (I still have my Seduction cassette tapes, ya'll) and Ru replied something like "you wish!" Ha ha ha 

I found myself liking Jasmine as the season progressed, I hope she finds happiness and success in her life. Daya is just a big, sour anchor on this cast & can go away. No offense. 

I do have to admit I have become obsessed with how Bosco pants her face.. to me for some reason I just think it’s stunning .. hoping she makes it through to the end 

Now that Jasmine is gone, who do we think Daya will turn her scorn to next?

I know Daya’s getting the Villain Edit and thus will probably land in the Top 5, but I just find her sooooooo unappealing.  A bitter queen whose mouth is talking a big game and whose talent is not backing it up.  I’d feel differently if there was a diamond underneath all that rough, but I’m just not seeing it.

She just seems like a bitter, bitter person all around and lacking in the C - charisma!  If I were a bar, I’d hesitate to book her as she’d probably just talk shit about me behind my back.

I know a lot of people have her in the final four, but I’m thinking Angeria could face the chop.  Sure, she won, but that was like twelve challenges ago and she hasn’t been stellar in the more recent challenges.

• Love 3
On 3/22/2022 at 9:42 PM, Lethallyfab said:

Now that Jasmine is gone, who do we think Daya will turn her scorn to next?

I know Daya’s getting the Villain Edit and thus will probably land in the Top 5, but I just find her sooooooo unappealing.  A bitter queen whose mouth is talking a big game and whose talent is not backing it up.  I’d feel differently if there was a diamond underneath all that rough, but I’m just not seeing it.

She just seems like a bitter, bitter person all around and lacking in the C - charisma!  If I were a bar, I’d hesitate to book her as she’d probably just talk shit about me behind my back.

I know a lot of people have her in the final four, but I’m thinking Angeria could face the chop.  Sure, she won, but that was like twelve challenges ago and she hasn’t been stellar in the more recent challenges.

no offense :)

Good God the sour puss face she gets. I get being frustrated and all but learn a new way to express that shit that doesn't make people want to beat your head into the nearest wall ...