Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: Worst. Dinner Party. Ever!

• Start Topic

The couples celebrate their one-month anniversaries with gifts, boat rides, and getting back to nature.  Things seem to be moving in the right direction for everyone, until a scandalous discovery comes up at a group dinner.

Airs Wednesday, March 16, at 8:00PM EDT.

Preview Here

There’s two sides to Jasmina, super nice face or super crabby face.  Today it’s super nice face, as it’s their Anniversary, and she’s getting the Royal Treatment.

Lindsey is too demanding and too annoying.  It’s like she’s constantly keeping score.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 14

I am watchin on delay and fast-forwarding through all the friend conversations. Ugh, why do the producers give so much time to people talking about how they feel about the EXPERIMENT instead of showing the getting to know each other?

Katina and O are in Providence. I recognize all the scenery around the gonDUla.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

Katina was in Italy and rode in a gondola but she still doesn’t know how to pronounce it?  She didn’t arrange that trip.  It was production.  What a dope.  What is she bringing to the table?  She’s cute and her figure is outstanding.  What else?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Mark said his boss cut him off due to covid.   So it just happened as they were filming. It was nice that Lindsay suggested that he take time to  find the right job, not just a job. Other than that, she’s just too too much of a personality. Mark is your average Joe, and she’s going to exhaust him. 

This breakfast and then wedding day re-creation was the most I’ve seen Jasmina and Michael  smile. I wonder if they will make it. 

Steve and Noi are  both boring and immature as possible.  He’s never going to want to work full time for the next 30 years and she’s never going to be okay will him freelancing. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

Everyone is always eating suchi, but I just can’t for some reason.  How is a bunch of wrapped rice so good?

I don’t see the appeal either, it’s so bland. I’ve had to soak it in soy sauce for any flavor the few times I’ve tried it. 

• Love 2

I just love the dress Katina is almost wearing to dinner with the rest of them.  It’s up to her whohah.

Mark did a 180.  What changed his mind?  Something’s up.  He’s too nice all of a sudden.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4

Did Katina really ‘forget’ the dating app was on her phone? O didn’t handle it well, he wasn’t letting her explain herself. 
Looks like more drama next week, maybe that will be more interesting than this week. 

• Love 2

Olajuwon is the donkey of the year. At this point Katina needs to pack her bags and move on. Never thought I would dislike someone as much as I disliked Chris from the Atlanta season.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 17

I'm on the West coast so it hasn't started...but from the comments I can skip it.

4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I believe her.  I have many apps on my phone that I don’t use anymore.  He is a maniac, and it’s only the beginning.  Every little thing bothers him.  Why is he looking at her phone in the first place?  It’s not his business.  My house phone is for both me and my husband.  My cell is my phone and I don’t like anyone looking at it.  Can a woman have a little privacy?

Depends on why you need to keep something from your husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I cannot abide Olajuwon! 

He clearly has some ingrained-from-God-knows-where fixation on the definition of, reality of, and insistence on usage of in place of a given name, the word "wife," notably always preceded by the, ahem, possessive "my."

IOW, to Olajuwon, Katina is never, ever "Katina"; that autonomous person has been replaced by "my wife."

[Crash Course, I posted before reading the thread (bad Lennie!)! GMTA!]

And then it went all to Hades on a hand-cart. Rant, rant, yell. Rinse, lather, repeat. Katina must not choose to stay with Olajuwon! He will get worse, more imperious, more controlling!

~~~~

Yeah, a terrarium. I know, I know; plenty of wives would swoon over such an anniversary gift. I, however, was not one of them. But Mark has such pretty eyes I'd forgive him, haha! 

But to his pal he outright stated that he wasn't in love with Lindsey, so I guess a terrarium and stones were emotionally apt.  

~~~~

Michael tried and succeeded. Good on ya, mate!

~~~~

At the dinner, Steverino kept his cards face down after Noi expressed her "love, in love, and like" feelings. But he seems honest and hopeful for their relationship, and he thinks about her dog!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'm on the West coast so it hasn't started...but from the comments I can skip it.

Girlfriend to girlfriend talk is private.  Not for yenta husbands to read.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I can't stand when someone brings something up and then don't want to talk about it.  Then why bring it up in the first place?

Michael and Jasmina seem like roommates. While they might like each other, I can't see them ever falling in love.  

Nice try, Steve, but I don't think Noi will ever be happy with a stay-at-home husband.

Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey.  I want to like her; I really do, but she is making it very difficult.  I know she meant well when she told Ola that Katina is in love with him and has his back.  However, perhaps she shouldn't have said, "this bitch is your ride and die."  Especially, given her history with Katina. 

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

To feel like an individual, an autonomous human being? E.g., my friend's husband doesn't like (as in yells) her buying anything---shoes, books, whatever---from Amazon with her own earned money, so she sends most to her sister's address. So FYI there are more reasons than ulterior ones to "keep something from your husband." 

• Love 6

Oh, now he’s crying.

Mark feels bad because he's going to divorce Lindsey. No spoilers. But 100%. I thought I heard him say that his boss told him to come back when filming was over--and that Mark felt betrayed and was (thanks, Lindsey) suddenly feeling like he should be doing something else. Or maybe it was just like he said, I gotta be doin' sumthin' and that's asap. For a moment, I thought he'd tell Chris and Chris would help him into real estate. Check the cutting room floor. Or the trash folder, I should say.

I don't think any of these couples are still together today, unless Steve has either a) a job or b) a very large bank account/investments/Noi's name on the accounts.

Was this the requisite "alls-well" episode? The one that lulls viewers into believing marriage is possible with a stranger? That this season is worth watching? What do the kids call it? Fail. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Katina looked amazing on the aftershow tonight.  I don’t know how she can stand the self-aggrandizing motor mouth she was matched with.  Then again, they are intellectually on the same level.  Gondula indeed. 

F’in O.   Acting like a scorned teenage boy announcing to his friends at the lunch table about how he’s questioning his teenage relationship as fake.  Dude. People have tons of apps on their phones.  What an immature overreaction. I hate him.  Hate is a strong word but I hate him viscerally.  

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I guess Chris is playing advisor to the couples now. 

When they showed him I was like “aww Chris.  Good guy done wrong” 

2 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Katina was in Italy and rode in a gondola but she still doesn’t know how to pronounce it?  She didn’t arrange that trip.  It was production.  What a dope.  What is she bringing to the table?  She’s cute and her figure is outstanding.  What else?

I was trying to picture them in Europe (in the before-times, hubby and I visited Europe every year). 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Thanks, everyone. I am in AZ and it doesn't start for another hour. I will definitely give this week a pass. As horrible as the previous two seasons have been, this is even worse than those.

Well, don’t just skip it.  It’s all worth a watch for the snarking! 

• Love 5

Having the app on your phone from before you were married, but not using it is not the same as Ryan and Brett.  Katrina said she didn’t even have a profile.  Why didn’t he give her a chance to show him?   I wonder if he realizes just how he comes across on tv?  He’s not anyone I would want around anyone I know. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 19

Olaj is just looking for something to get upset over.  If it wasn't the app it would be something else.  He would invent something if he couldn't find it and accuse her of lying.  What happened to trusting your partner?  They've only known each other for a month.  She could have forgotten about it.  He is just toxic.  My husband and I keep our cell phones locked.  I don't look at his, he doesn't look at mine. 

The lack of sophistication of these two never ceases to amaze.   They usually mispronounce the same words but do so differently.  If it wasn't sad it would be comical.

Mark is determined to make a go of it with Lindsey but it's clear it's been very difficult for him.  They keep hinting around at all the life stuff he's been going through but we never hear what it is.  It makes me wonder if Lindsey doesn't deserve some credit for hanging in there with him.  Among other things, he's way more basic and unsophisticated than she is.  It doesn't make him a bad guy, just not on her level in some ways.  Who else but the other one would put up with either of them?  Probably no one.  And maybe not even THEM!

Judging from the previews, it looks like Steve isn't going to be able to live up to being a "house husband".  Didn't he realize that Noi was going to hold him to his word?  He thinks that if he doesn't work she should still do some of the housework?  Yeah....NO.

Jasmina has decided that Michael is OK but I don't see these two making it in the end.  She'll get a hair up her ass again about him at some point and then the sourpuss will come back.

• Love 13

I wish people on this show would stop with the phone shit.

I have a few dating apps on my phone. I never use them at this point. It wouldn't even cross my mind to delete them because I don't give a shit about them. And if you are that pressed about it, you can look on the phone and see the last time it was used.

I also have years old text threads and pictures I forgot all about. They just get transferred from phone to phone just like a bunch of other stuff. In a bubble, it means nothing. Literally nothing. Having and using are two different things.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 1
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Olaj is just looking for something to get upset over.  If it wasn't the app it would be something else.  He would invent something if he couldn't find it and accuse her of lying.  What happened to trusting your partner?  They've only known each other for a month.  She could have forgotten about it.  He is just toxic.  My husband and I keep our cell phones locked.  I don't look at his, he doesn't look at mine. 

The lack of sophistication of these two never ceases to amaze.   They usually mispronounce the same words but do so differently.  If it wasn't sad it would be comical.

Mark is determined to make a go of it with Lindsey but it's clear it's been very difficult for him.  They keep hinting around at all the life stuff he's been going through but we never hear what it is.  It makes me wonder if Lindsey doesn't deserve some credit for hanging in there with him.  Among other things, he's way more basic and unsophisticated than she is.  It doesn't make him a bad guy, just not on her level in some ways.  Who else but the other one would put up with either of them?  Probably no one.  And maybe not even THEM!

Judging from the previews, it looks like Steve isn't going to be able to live up to being a "house husband".  Didn't he realize that Noi was going to hold him to his word?  He thinks that if he doesn't work she should still do some of the housework?  Yeah....NO.

Jasmina has decided that Michael is OK but I don't see these two making it in the end.  She'll get a hair up her ass again about him at some point and then the sourpuss will come back.

Lindsay is sophisticated? 

And, isn't she the one always bringing up what he's gone thru and how she's a saint to keep boosting him up and having his back?  Yeah, right...

• Love 8