Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Piece Of Cake

• Start Topic

When Katherine is rushed to the hospital in an emergency, Eddie and the rest of the group show up to be by her side. Maggie finds herself at a crossroads with Cam, and Eddie pledges honesty with Anna.

Original airdate 3/9/22

• Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Whimsy said:

When Katherine is rushed to the hospital in an emergency, Eddie and the rest of the group show up to be by her side.

Ok, that's just a silly synopsis. This group would show up to be by Katherine's side if she had a hung nail. Work? Nah. Depression? Not as important as being useless at the waiting room of an ED. Eddie can make a living by being a not-Uber-nor-Lift driver AND not getting any riders. 

Edited by circumvent
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Rome's reaction to Gary telling him about the kiss was cringey.

Theo asking his mom "what is your type?" was even more cringey.

Theo is 12 years old and he doesn't know how to call 911? I get panicking a bit in the moment but geez, Greta sounds like she's giving instructions to a preschooler.

I have a hard time believing that a hospital in Boston would have a waiting room so empty that Theo would be literally left alone there, and then apparently the only people there for the rest of the time were The Gang. (Did they even see Katherine? Why did they need to be there if she was discharged after a few hours? My mom had surgery a few years ago and I didn't even visit her for the few days she was in the hospital (at her request, but still).)

Greta and Eddie meeting went better than I expected. 

Jesus, Rome, just shut your damn mouth until you get home. My god. Nobody should ever tell him a secret.

Gary acting like he's never going to see Maggie again because she left the hospital with Cam... I swear this show is determined to make my eyes roll right out of my head.

So all these people sat in the hospital waiting room in the middle of the night for no real reason, but no one thought maybe someone other than a kid who's 12-going-on-6 should maybe stay with Katherine for a night to make sure she's okay, with her heart monitor and head injury?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Who else laughed until they cried at Greta instructing Theo how to call 911 as if he were three years old? "Do you know your address?" I about choked on my water!

The good, besides that hysterically funny moment:

Eddie. And that's about it. I like this Eddie. I wish there had been more of this Eddie in prior seasons. Way to step up and include Greta. That was awesome.

I still like Greta. 

The bad:

I know the actor who plays Theo has to be approaching his teens. I couldn't find how old he is on IMDb, but he's got to be close to 12? Older? I know we've talked about his age, but I've forgotten. But, really, if I were him, I'd be humiliated at how the adult characters treat my character. I mean, it's not coincidence that the funniest moment for me was Greta treating him like he was 3 years old over the phone.

I knew Gary's little talk with Maggie would be undone, but I was pleased to hear it. Which is why I knew it would be undone. And it is now undone. Although Cam is in the previews for next episode, Cam, you were good while you were on. You were only a wealthy, athletic, handsome, fun, charismatic, charming guy who has a horrible taste in women. Of course you must go!

And, the more I see of the writers and producers just loving the endgame of Gary/Maggie, the more I'm reminded of How I Met Your Mother. Gah!

Rome, Joe Cool, wow. Just, wow. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

I know the actor who plays Theo has to be approaching his teens. I couldn't find how old he is on IMDb, but he's got to be close to 12? Older? I know we've talked about his age, but I've forgotten. But, really, if I were him, I'd be humiliated at how the adult characters treat my character. I mean, it's not coincidence that the funniest moment for me was Greta treating him like he was 3 years old over the phone.

According to the AMLT Wiki, he was born May 2009, so he's almost 13. He could play a younger kid still, but he's approximately the same age as his character; I'd hate that, too, if I were him.

17 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

Although Cam is in the previews for next episode, Cam, you were good while you were on. You were only a wealthy, athletic, handsome, fun, charismatic, charming guy who has a horrible taste in women. Of course you must go!

Lemme guess, he's barging into Gary's apartment in hopes of getting advice on how to win her back. 

You can do so much better, Cam!

• Love 5

OMG Theo. "My mom's lying on the floor unconscious and her head is bleeding. What should I do?" What the hell do you think you do? There are stories of 5-year-olds knowing how to call 911 when something like that happens. I guess it was an excuse to have him talk to Greta?

It must be something about the actor that I like Eddie and was glad Anna agreed to keep dating him. Because in real life if someone told me they were dating a guy pretty soon out of rehab who cheated on his wife with his best friend's wife, and had a baby with her, AND has another best friend/roommate who committed assault......I would tell them to run far away.

Did everyone really need to go to the hospital? Obviously Eddie had to go, but the others? Wouldn't a normal response be for them to express concern and ask to be updated ? Maybe offer to go to help with Theo, but they didn't all need to be there if they weren't even able to see Katherine. Or am I just a terrible person?

I am glad they didn't drag out Maggie ending it with Cam and reuniting with Gary. 

I laughed at the scene where Rome texted Regina about Maggie kissing Gary. And then how she made up the cover story about gluten, and Theo was all, "yeah I heard that too."

Rome's apology to Regina about his comment about her business was awful. He seemed to be saying his filter wasn't working and he shouldn't have said it, but not that he didn't actually mean it. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Did everyone really need to go to the hospital? Obviously Eddie had to go, but the others? Wouldn't a normal response be for them to express concern and ask to be updated ? Maybe offer to go to help with Theo, but they didn't all need to be there if they weren't even able to see Katherine. Or am I just a terrible person?

I’ve always found it laughably unrealistic that characters in TV shows drop everything when their friends go to the hospital. (Like in Friends when Phoebe and Rachel have their babies and everyone goes and literally waits hours upon hours in the waiting room.) Unless it’s my husband or kids, or something life threateningly urgent for someone I’m close to who also wants me there, I’m probably not waiting in the hospital for what is most likely days. Nor would I want anyone to do the same for me. The fact that Maggie and Cam left the party to go sit in the waiting room solely to receive news and then leave is insane.

So, now we know Theo is 12 (wuuuuuut???), but he doesn’t know how or when to call 911 and Greta had to instruct him what to do like he’s a 4 year old who just learned his address (fair assumption, Greta). 

Then there’s Cam — a character so sweet and charming that he made me completely forget about Dick Casablancas. I guess the heart wants what it wants, and Maggie apparently wants Gary over the handsome, wealthy, thoughtful, kid friendly, professional hockey player. And she couldn’t wait one day so she didn’t dump him immediately following the extravagant birthday party he threw her (that he left so she could go to the hospital to NOT see a friend who had a fairly minor accident)? Cut your losses Cam and RUN.

• Love 10

Yeah, I can see the gang waiting with Katherine in the hospital when Eddie had his accident. But then most of them left. Only Gary stayed behind to wait with Katherine.

But, yeah, not this time. Like others, I can see if, say Rome and Gina offered to keep Theo occupied. Or more conceivably, Gary. But Maggie and Cam?

Also, Maggie really d**k move to break up with Cam after throwing that lavish birthday party AND spending sometime waiting in a hospital for news on a friend of yours he doesn't even know.

• Love 16

Gee bus. Theo’s bedroom and pajama bottoms. My son was born in May 2009. He’s even half Asian. He does not behave like this.

Why didn’t they just tell us Theo is six years old? That actor pretty much passes as six. Those close-ups of him looking earnest and worried make me want to vomit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

If Maggie didn’t tell Cam she still had feelings for Gary, what reason did she give for breaking up? 

Maggie, hemming and hawing and scunching up her tween face: “You’re right Cam, I didn’t want a party and you didn’t know what the day meant to me. It’s over.”

• Love 4
8 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

OMG Theo. "My mom's lying on the floor unconscious and her head is bleeding. What should I do?" What the hell do you think you do? There are stories of 5-year-olds knowing how to call 911 when something like that happens. I guess it was an excuse to have him talk to Greta?

As soon as Katherine went down, I said to my husband that there are stories of toddlers who call 911 to save an unconscious parent, how much do you want to bet this idiot kid won’t know to do that?  

Greta also could’ve called herself, but I’ll handwave that and assume she would’ve in another minute once she made sure that the call wasn’t just dropped or something.

And why would the ambulance people take Theo along?  Usually the police come along with the ambulance - especially since the kid made the call and the dispatcher would’ve known there was a young child in the house - and would’ve kept him safe until they reached the other parent or Children’s Services.  They don’t just take the kid along and dump him alone in the waiting room of the hospital. 

Cam is the sweetest - but most dense - guy in history. It was painful watching him wandering around the hospital spreading cheer to sick children while everyone was snickering in the waiting room.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I laughed at the scene where Rome texted Regina about Maggie kissing Gary. And then how she made up the cover story about gluten, and Theo was all, "yeah I heard that too."

" That's why I stick to Snickers..."

I swear, he made me laugh out loud with that one!🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

5 minutes ago, TVForever said:

" That's why I stick to Snickers..."

I swear, he made me laugh out loud with that one!🤣🤣🤣

I thought that whole scene was funny.  Apparently gluten is described as what is in soy sauce and rotisserie chicken.

I'm not invested enough in the characters to care if things don't work out for them but I am invested enough to want to keep watching them.

Doesn't matter to me if Gary and Maggie are together or not.  But if they are together can we keep Cam? Because of what @Chanandler Bong said.

7 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Then there’s Cam — a character so sweet and charming that he made me completely forget about Dick Casablancas.

I've seen Ryan Hansen in other things since Veronica Mars but when I see him I always think of Dick.  But with this character he is so charming and cute and I think maybe I should become a hockey fan.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Theo is 12 years old and he doesn't know how to call 911? I get panicking a bit in the moment but geez, Greta sounds like she's giving instructions to a preschooler.

I have a hard time believing that a hospital in Boston would have a waiting room so empty that Theo would be literally left alone there, and then apparently the only people there for the rest of the time were The Gang. (Did they even see Katherine? Why did they need to be there if she was discharged after a few hours? My mom had surgery a few years ago and I didn't even visit her for the few days she was in the hospital (at her request, but still).)

Greta and Eddie meeting went better than I expected. 

Jesus, Rome, just shut your damn mouth until you get home. My god. Nobody should ever tell him a secret.

Gary acting like he's never going to see Maggie again because she left the hospital with Cam... I swear this show is determined to make my eyes roll right out of my head.

So all these people sat in the hospital waiting room in the middle of the night for no real reason, but no one thought maybe someone other than a kid who's 12-going-on-6 should maybe stay with Katherine for a night to make sure she's okay, with her heart monitor and head injury?

Yeah, another adult in the home for the night would have been a reasonable action.

It wouldn't even have been difficult to have Theo and Greta meet on the phone - he could easily of said "who is this? I need to call 911" and then Greta could have given him some of the suggestions that weren't condescending (I forget now what they were). But no, they had to write it like he's a developmentally delayed boy.

On the other hand, he's still a boy - and it seemed that outside of Rome and the candy, no one payed much attention to this child who just experienced the trauma of finding his mother passed out in a pile of glass/ceramics bleeding.

10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Rome's apology to Regina about his comment about her business was awful. He seemed to be saying his filter wasn't working and he shouldn't have said it, but not that he didn't actually mean it. 

I thought he did say he didn't actually mean it.

I haven't had this experience with a loved one in that type of depression, but I wonder if telling them that everyone around them is going through it too is a good thing. From what I understand, is that thinking that others would be better off without them is one trigger for suicide.  Not that it wouldn't be difficult to be with someone who's suffering that much.

I do like the way Eddie's evolving - he may be the only character who has truly grown during the series.

Anyone else feel sorry for the dog when Maggie interrupted the long awaited walkie?

7 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Then there’s Cam — a character so sweet and charming that he made me completely forget about Dick Casablancas.

I know, right? I liked Cam because he totally made me forget about Dick the dick.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

On the other hand, he's still a boy - and it seemed that outside of Rome and the candy, no one payed much attention to this child who just experienced the trauma of finding his mother passed out in a pile of glass/ceramics bleeding.

It really bugged me that the only ones paying attention to him at the hospital were acting like he's a toddler who needs to be distracted because he's too young to understand what's going on. (And the only attempt that actually worked was the famous person showing up.) 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Anyone else feel sorry for the dog when Maggie interrupted the long awaited walkie?

Yes.  I was also sad to see the cake lying on the floor next to Katherine.  It's a damn shame to waste cake like that.

16 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

It really bugged me that the only ones paying attention to him at the hospital were acting like he's a toddler who needs to be distracted because he's too young to understand what's going on. (And the only attempt that actually worked was the famous person showing up.) 

Right?  I did crack up at the "I heard that, too" re: gluten.  I needed that laugh after screaming "HE'S TWELVE, NOT FOUR!!!" at the teevee when Greta asked him, "You know your address, right?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

l reason, but no one thought maybe someone other than a kid who's 12-going-on-6 should maybe stay with Katherine for a night to make sure she's okay, with her heart monitor and head injury?

So much right in this post and these points in particular.  Lots of cringey things in this episode.

After they have Theo not competent enough to know to call 911, they leave him alone with Katherine for the night?

11 hours ago, historylover820 said:

Who else laughed until they cried at Greta instructing Theo how to call 911 as if he were three years old? "Do you know your address?" I about choked on my water!

1 hour ago, Trillian said:

As soon as Katherine went down, I said to my husband that there are stories of toddlers who call 911 to save an unconscious parent, how much do you want to bet this idiot kid won’t know to do that?  

I don't understand why they have this twelve year old child act like a toddler.  He's not competent to call 911 and he needs to climb in Katherine's bed for the night.

36 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I haven't had this experience with a loved one in that type of depression, but I wonder if telling them that everyone around them is going through it too is a good thing. From what I understand, is that thinking that others would be better off without them is one trigger for suicide.  Not that it wouldn't be difficult to be with someone who's suffering that much.

Gina is right that other people are affected by Rome's depression, but  that sounded like she was burdening him with how he is hurting other people.  He doesn't need to feel guilty for  selfishly being depressed. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Gina is right that other people are affected by Rome's depression, but  that sounded like she was burdening him with how he is hurting other people.  He doesn't need to feel guilty for  selfishly being depressed. 

Yes, you said this much more clearly than I managed. It felt wrong, even though it's true.

• Love 7

Did anyone think to call Katherine's parents? Did I miss that? 

I admit I laughed my ass off when Greta had to tell Theo to call 911 and asked if he knows his own address, the kid is twelve! Almost a teenager! If I was Eddie and Katherine I would be really concerned by the fact that their preteen still acts like a five year old, maybe its time for a therapist or a head examination. Except even five year old's can probably manage to call 911.

I felt so bad for Cam, taking care of Theo, being nice to sick kids, and just going around being the best guy ever while everyone is texting about how his girlfriend cheated on him during the big fancy party he threw for her. Then she dumped him right after said big fancy party, after he spent all night in a hospital waiting room with her. At least he's free of her and these weirdos now, hopefully he runs away as fast as possible. It was pretty funny how everyone kept going on about how Cam's the most awesome guy on the planet while Maggie and Gary look uncomfortable. I would say that its bizarre that Maggie would leave a sweet, rich, funny, successful, generous man for an annoying dog kidnapper with violent tendencies who never seems to do his job, but Maggie is a long established idiot, so I cant say I'm surprised. Of course Gary and Maggie both have super dramatic "run to my true love" moments, I don't like them as a couple but I cant say they don't deserve each other.  

I get what Regina was saying about how everyone else is going through Rome's depression together and that its unfair of him to take out his issues on everyone else, but I also don't really like how she framed it. It felt like she was trying to make him feel guilty for having depression and that he was being selfish feeling bad because it makes her feel bad.

I continue to be salty about Eddie and Katherine breaking up and I don't really care about Katherine's new romance, but this was a nice episode for them and for Eddie. I like this Eddie, I wish we had him more often.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Trillian said:

Cam is the sweetest - but most dense - guy in history. It was painful watching him wandering around the hospital spreading cheer to sick children while everyone was snickering in the waiting room.

Yeah, it was painful! I mean, he's bonding with Theo, who he has never seen before. He's paying visits to sick fans in the hospital, all because he's a good guy, and our "hero" d**ks are texting about Maggie and Gary, not acting concerned for Katherine, not really paying attention to Theo, Just caught up in their own little universe where everything revolves only on themselves (and not even part of their friend group.)

But, count me in as someone who also laughed at Theo's "That's why I stick with Snickers." Hey, when you let him act like he's 12 (because I doubt whether a 5-year-old-brain could come up with that line right away), he might actually be halfway decent! It's the treating him like a 5 year old so he acts like a 5 year old that gets on everyone's last nerve.

So, after thinking about it last night after I went to bed, I decided I didn't like this episode at all, except for Eddie. I'm loving Eddie's growth as a character.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course Gary and Maggie both have super dramatic "run to my true love" moments, I don't like them as a couple but I cant say they don't deserve each other.  

I get what Regina was saying about how everyone else is going through Rome's depression together and that its unfair of him to take out his issues on everyone else, but I also don't really like how she framed it. It felt like she was trying to make him feel guilty for having depression and that he was being selfish feeling bad because it makes her feel bad.

Yep, Gary and Maggie definitely deserve each other.

It was Regina's the framing that bothered me, not the issue she was discussing. Yeah, he doesn't get to be a jerk, but don't tell him that he doesn't get to be one because everyone's suffering from the burden of being around him. His depression is probably telling him that already.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Yep, Gary and Maggie definitely deserve each other.

It was Regina's the framing that bothered me, not the fact issue she was discussing. Yeah, he doesn't get to be a jerk, but don't tell him that he doesn't get to be one because everyone's suffering from the burden of being around him. His depression is probably telling him that already.

She can ask him to try not to take things out on people who care about him, but beyond that is placing a guilt trip on him.  He's not depressed to annoy people.

• Love 5

I don't know why people are so surprised to see Theo act like a five-year-old when all the adults in his life act like teenagers.

"You and Maggie kissed?! Ooh. Let me text my wife about it while you are sitting right here and Theo thinks his mom's going to die."

I've said before that these people have no impulse control and it's exhausting.

I agree that Eddie came across the best. His reaction towards Greta was a rare bright moment of maturity in an episode that was basically an episode of 90210.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, marceline said:

I don't know why people are so surprised to see Theo act like a five-year-old when all the adults in his life act like teenagers.

Fair point.

I think Danny is the most adult person on this show.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Fair point.

I think Danny is the most adult person on this show.

How old is Danny?  He can't be much older than Theo and when we first met him, he wasn't acting like a toddler.  I don't know why they have chosen to have Theo being a big baby.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Suzn said:

How old is Danny?  He can't be much older than Theo and when we first met him, he wasn't acting like a toddler.  I don't know why they have chosen to have Theo being a big baby.

I think he's about 14-15 now. He was a couple years older than Theo.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

To me, it shows a huge difference in parenting.  Delilah's kids practically raised themselves, while Theo's parents treated him like a baby long after he wasn't one.  Why the writers inflicted that upon us, I have no idea.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Trillian said:

Cam's not dense. He's just an adult who is being honest about his feelings and thinks that Maggie is the same. Cam is a normal healthy person who thinks he's dating one person when the truth is he's dating a Sarlacc pit of codependant crackpots.

That said, I'm petty enough to hope that Cam finds a way to have Gary blacklisted from any and all Bruins games in perpetuity. That would serve him right after Cam was nice enough to introduce him to his teammates. In fact I want Gary to go to a game and have all those players he met look at him and demand he be removed by security. That would be delicious.

7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I've been living with depression for decades and I have to say Regina's comment sent a chill through me because I know how that sounds to someone on the edge. This show - for all its many, many, MANY faults - has been good at portraying the complexities around depression. I'm chalking Regina's comment up to bad scriptwriting.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

I’ve always found it laughably unrealistic that characters in TV shows drop everything when their friends go to the hospital. (Like in Friends when Phoebe and Rachel have their babies and everyone goes and literally waits hours upon hours in the waiting room.) Unless it’s my husband or kids, or something life threateningly urgent for someone I’m close to who also wants me there, I’m probably not waiting in the hospital for what is most likely days. Nor would I want anyone to do the same for me. The fact that Maggie and Cam left the party to go sit in the waiting room solely to receive news and then leave is insane.

I don't even think Cam has met Katherine before the party they were just at. And Maggie is barely friends with Katherine. They are just friends because they are all in the same group, but I don't think they've ever had a one-on-one conversation.

9 hours ago, Trillian said:

And why would the ambulance people take Theo along?  Usually the police come along with the ambulance - especially since the kid made the call and the dispatcher would’ve known there was a young child in the house - and would’ve kept him safe until they reached the other parent or Children’s Services.  They don’t just take the kid along and dump him alone in the waiting room of the hospital. 

It didn't seem there were any police there yet, and I guess they figured they couldn't just leave him alone. 

6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Did anyone think to call Katherine's parents? Did I miss that? 

They didn't. And considering Katherine's mother had been baby-sitting Theo, she must have been really close.

I actually thought it was weird that Eddie was considered "immediate family" in this scenario. He is her ex-husband. That is not any type of family. It made sense they called him because he is Theo's father, but they should have looked for an actual family member of the patient. If something more serious was wrong and they needed someone to make decisions, Eddie wouldn't have any legal say.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't even think Cam has met Katherine before the party they were just at. And Maggie is barely friends with Katherine. They are just friends because they are all in the same group, but I don't think they've ever had a one-on-one conversation.

It didn't seem there were any police there yet, and I guess they figured they couldn't just leave him alone. 

They didn't. And considering Katherine's mother had been baby-sitting Theo, she must have been really close.

I actually thought it was weird that Eddie was considered "immediate family" in this scenario. He is her ex-husband. That is not any type of family. It made sense they called him because he is Theo's father, but they should have looked for an actual family member of the patient. If something more serious was wrong and they needed someone to make decisions, Eddie wouldn't have any legal say.

We don't know that Eddie advertised their divorce.  My dad never lied and said he and my mom were married either when they were a couple or when they were friends co-parenting and when my mom went through a couple of different health crises when I was a kid introduced to medical professionals I would say, "I'm her daughter" and my dad would say, "And I'm her father" pointing at me and he got access to every place my mom was ever in.  And when my dad had his heart attack I was 18 but only just and some decisions had to be made my mom told me privately that I was technically the one that had to make the decisions and if I disagreed with her I should speak up but she wasn't putting that on me and so we would make the decisions together unless we really disagreed.   We didn't.   Nobody ever asked their relationship status.

Nor did anybody ask for any proof that the woman claiming to be my grandmother when I was in the NICU nor the woman claiming to be my mother's sister when she was in recovery after her open heart surgery.   My mom's best friend slides in anywhere in the family tree that works for her at any time.  She met me before my mom did!  

Eddie likely didn't advertise the divorce when getting info on Katherine's condition and since Katherine was already conscious when she arrived at the hospital there was little chance Katherine wouldn't have been the one making the decisions.  

And while I think everybody hanging out all night in the ER espeically after they knew Katherine wasn't in immediate danger was an odd choice them all arriving worked for me because Eddie hearing that Theo was alone would have sent out everybody to make sure somebody was there with Theo, whomever could get there first.  Although... since they were leaving from the same location...

How were Rome and Regina first when they stopped to drop that kid home first?   

Cam doesn't deserve to be benched so Maggie and Gary can continue to be toxic in each others company but the man drives slow.  

I don't think that is the story I'm supposed to be hearing here but it is the story I'm seeing.   Gary and Maggie are so toxic that they sabotage things with people way better for them than each other and henceforth they deserve each other.   

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

Eddie likely didn't advertise the divorce when getting info on Katherine's condition and since Katherine was already conscious when she arrived at the hospital there was little chance Katherine wouldn't have been the one making the decisions.  

And while I think everybody hanging out all night in the ER espeically after they knew Katherine wasn't in immediate danger was an odd choice them all arriving worked for me because Eddie hearing that Theo was alone would have sent out everybody to make sure somebody was there with Theo, whomever could get there first.  Although... since they were leaving from the same location...

How were Rome and Regina first when they stopped to drop that kid home first?   

Agreed that if Eddie didn't advertise the divorce it explains things. But it seems like the right thing to do would still have been to notify her mother.

Good question about Rome and Regina. Second question, why did Gary need a ride from Cam and Maggie when we know he drove his own car to the party. We literally saw him pick up Maggie and drive her there, and we heard him joke about the cost of parking. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Agreed that if Eddie didn't advertise the divorce it explains things. But it seems like the right thing to do would still have been to notify her mother.

Good question about Rome and Regina. Second question, why did Gary need a ride from Cam and Maggie when we know he drove his own car to the party. We literally saw him pick up Maggie and drive her there, and we heard him joke about the cost of parking. 

He implied that he wasn't safe to drive because he'd been drinking.  Or maybe Cam did?  There was some mention of the open bar when Gary was in the car with Cam and Maggie.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

At least we don't need to spend the rest of the season with Gary/Maggie pining over each other while Cam's still around. I feel so bad for Cam. He's done nothing but good for Maggie, listening to her, apologizing for not listening to her earlier about the party, being there for her, hell, even spending time with Theo! And her decision is to break up with him and get with Gary right afterwards. 

I know the heart wants what the heart wants, but the way she's been treating Cam is...not so surprising, actually. Let these two self absorbed people be together, and let Cam be happy elsewhere. 

These people do need to stop being so codependent on one another. Yes, it was nice to see them concerned over Katherine's condition. But aside from Eddie, nobody else needed to show up. Maybe Rome/Regina to keep Theo company, but Gary/Maggie/Cam didn't need to be there at all.

Eddie's reaction to Greta was...surprisingly good. I have to admit, I thought they'd take it one direction, but they really turned it around and made Eddie look great. Even if he was clearly uncomfortable, and even if Greta probably should have toned it down with the jokes, it was nice to see Eddie fully supportive.

Yeah, I get what Regina was trying to say, but I agree that she worded it wrong.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

He'd had too much to drink. At least we know he's not a complete idiot.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Lovecat said:

Yes.  I was also sad to see the cake lying on the floor next to Katherine.  It's a damn shame to waste cake like that.

I wonder if Theo will ever realize his mom was trying to steal some of his cake before she collapsed.

• LOL 9
26 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wonder if Theo will ever realize his mom was trying to steal some of his cake before she collapsed.

He'll never eat cake again when he realizes it almost killed his mother.

(I was thinking she had an allergic reaction to something in the cake since it happened right after she tasted it.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

He'll never eat cake again when he realizes it almost killed his mother.

(I was thinking she had an allergic reaction to something in the cake since it happened right after she tasted it.)

That's what I thought too!  But Katherine had also mentioned not eating that day or something along those lines.

Yeah, the only good thing Gary did was not drive after drinking.  I was cheering him on when he told Maggie he wasn't going to go through another relationship with her but then he backtracked that.  Poor Colin, having to wait all alone while Gary needlessly spends the night at the hospital, only to be interrupted again before he gets his walk by Endgame Gary/Maggie kissy facing in the hallway!

Eddie was really decent about Greta.  Of course, he has the hots for Anne so there's that.  Greta is likeable.  The talking through Theo calling 911 was hysterical, but what could she say when Theo asked her what to do?!

Theo is too old to sleep with his mother.  I actually felt bad for Theo being scared at the hospital while all the adults were self-absorbed in their little world, except for Cam and Rome and the candy.

Way to dump more on Rome, Regina.  Yes, your husband's depression affects your life too but that is not what you tell someone.

Maggie is the worst.  The birthday candles are still cooling off and she's already with Gary again.  I hope she is on reliable birth control because I can see another pregnancy in her future with her not knowing who the father is!

• Love 7

I hate Gary more each passing day. He and Maggie could go on somewhere far away. I guess someone here already said that , but they seem to be setting up for Gary's cancer to return.

I actually thought Theo's reaction was appropriate - for a 8 year-old. If I imagine him that young, then the kid didn't irritate me, he did a good job. I remember when I was 10  and my brother (4 years old) got hurt in the head, there was a lot of blood. I managed to call my dad, avoiding my mom who was pregnant and working, and I didn't want to be the one making her freak out, ask the neighbor to take my brother to the hospital (not in this country. at the time - looooong ago - ambulance service wasn't reliable, we were very poor) and meet my father there, getting him to the neighbor's car.

I did think the whole silly stuff at the hospital, with Rome texting Gina was pretty funny

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

I did think the whole silly stuff at the hospital, with Rome texting Gina was pretty funny.

It kills me to admit that the Maggie actress, for the first time ever, amused me with her decreased “I-am-ridiculously-adorable” delivery of, “I’m beginning to think I don’t know what gluten is.”

• Love 4

And Gluten is hidden in lots of things including soy sauce.  My who is celiac has started carrying around a mini bottle of gluten free soy sauce for sushi because a surprising number of restaurants don't have a gluten free option.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, marceline said:

Cam's not dense. He's just an adult who is being honest about his feelings and thinks that Maggie is the same. Cam is a normal healthy person who thinks he's dating one person when the truth is he's dating a Sarlacc pit of codependant crackpots.

I think this wins the forum. 😄

8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Poor Colin, having to wait all alone while Gary needlessly spends the night at the hospital, only to be interrupted again before he gets his walk by Endgame Gary/Maggie kissy facing in the hallway!

I hope he leaves them a giant puddle and dump. Not that he would - he's a good boy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Theo is too old to sleep with his mother.  I actually felt bad for Theo being scared at the hospital while all the adults were self-absorbed in their little world, except for Cam and Rome and the candy.

Way to dump more on Rome, Regina.  Yes, your husband's depression affects your life too but that is not what you tell someone.

Maggie is the worst.  The birthday candles are still cooling off and she's already with Gary again.  I hope she is on reliable birth control because I can see another pregnancy in her future with her not knowing who the father is!

I was appalled at Theo crawling in bed with his mother!  He is several years past  being alright to sleep with mommy.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

And Gluten is hidden in lots of things including soy sauce.  My who is celiac has started carrying around a mini bottle of gluten free soy sauce for sushi because a surprising number of restaurants don't have a gluten free option.  

I'm finding out just how easy it is to be glutened by something you wouldn't suspect has gluten in it, having recently been diagnosed with celiac disease. Even if something traditionally would not have flour in it, depending on where it's processed, it can have gluten.  Makes it really difficult to eat out. Soy sauce is made with wheat, who knew?  Not me, until I started educating myself.  😭 I miss Chinese takeout so much!

2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I was appalled at Theo crawling in bed with his mother!  He is several years past  being alright to sleep with mommy.

For me, as cringy as it was, it seemed kind of okay. It seems to me  any child who was traumatized seeing their mother unconscious and bloody on the floor (even a teenager), and then is left alone with her while she's wearing a monitoring device, might just want to sleep with her so that they can be there if something goes wrong. If an adult had been there, maybe he wouldn't feel that need. I'm no fan of they way they write Theo, but it makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Even good boys can't hold it forever.

Sadly, that's true. I revise my statement to say that he'd try very hard, being such a good boy.

• Love 7

I wasn't at all fussed about Theo sleeping with Katherine in this one particular instance.  Katherine has literally just had a fall that put her in the hospital.  She's hooked up to a heart monitor because while they aren't entirely sure what made her pass out and think that likely it is fine they also gave her a heart monitor so they can be sure she isn't passing out all the time and not knowing about it and he is home alone with his mother who all of this has happened to after having been all alone when it initially happened.  I mean he has to be thinking that she could literally go down at any moment and what if he doesn't hear it this time?  It is sort of terrifying and while they infantalize him way, way, way, way too much he is still a child.  If something happens to Katherine he's in a world of hurt, and he's just seen his mom be terribly mortal, and he knows you can blink and your world can be turned upside down because he's already lived through Eddie's accident.  

He isn't sleeping with Katherine every night he's sleeping with Katherine on this one particular night when he's the only other person in the house and in his head and maybe in reality she could have died just like that.  Poof.  

• Love 19
Just now, bybrandy said:

I wasn't at all fussed about Theo sleeping with Katherine in this one particular instance.  Katherine has literally just had a fall that put her in the hospital.  She's hooked up to a heart monitor because while they aren't entirely sure what made her pass out and think that likely it is fine they also gave her a heart monitor so they can be sure she isn't passing out all the time and not knowing about it and he is home alone with his mother who all of this has happened to after having been all alone when it initially happened.  I mean he has to be thinking that she could literally go down at any moment and what if he doesn't hear it this time?  It is sort of terrifying and while they infantalize him way, way, way, way too much he is still a child.  If something happens to Katherine he's in a world of hurt, and he's just seen his mom be terribly mortal, and he knows you can blink and your world can be turned upside down because he's already lived through Eddie's accident.  

He isn't sleeping with Katherine every night he's sleeping with Katherine on this one particular night when he's the only other person in the house and in his head and maybe in reality she could have died just like that.  Poof.  

We responded at the same time. Yours is much better. Thanks.

1 minute ago, bybrandy said:

Yeah, as much as I can't stand the way they write him, this scene felt like a realistic way for a kid to feel in this situation. It's also the scene that prompted my comment about how none of these such-good-friends-they-do-everything-together thought to maybe sleep on the couch for the night, just in case. Not even Eddie. If something did happen, they want Theo to again be the only one there? Eddie went back to see his new maybe-girlfriend in the middle of the night. (If I were her, I would have told him to go and take care of whatever he needed to and call me the next day and gone to bed a long time ago.**) I'm surprised the doctor didn't suggest an adult should stay with her.

**well, if I were her, I would be staying far away from this Sarlacc pit of codependant crackpots (thank you, @marceline) but that's beside the point.

• Love 4