Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: No Time to Die

Bort
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

Amelia will have a bit of a fling with Kai, then realize she does want to be with Linc, then he'll eventually go back to being with her. Or maybe Jo and Linc stay together, then Amelia is the one hurt?

Whatever happens there’s no way Linc and Amelia won’t be getting back together so the storyline is just a drag for Jo. Either she gets hurt right away or if her and Linc make a go of things it’ll be while he and Amelia are making sad GaGa eyes at each other whenever Jos back is turned. As one of the few lovely characters left on this show it’s a total waste of the character. 

• Love 6

I stand by my opinion that if Schmidt is the best resident this hospital has to offer that if I need surgery I would choose my vet’s office over Grey Sloan. Yes the show is just bad now but I’ve been watching for the last 20 years and I’m hanging on till the bitter end.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Whatever happens there’s no way Linc and Amelia won’t be getting back together so the storyline is just a drag for Jo.

What's sad is that aside from ruining the best couple this show has had in years, they've also ruined the best platonic friendship between two hetero, opposite-gender characters they've ever had. Great job, writers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What's sad is that aside from ruining the best couple this show has had in years, they've also ruined the best platonic friendship between two hetero, opposite-gender characters they've ever had. Great job, writers.

I agree on both counts. 

Someone mentioned Station 19. I totally forgot that it was another crossover. I haven't watched it.

• Love 3
On 2/25/2022 at 10:01 AM, anna0852 said:

Bailey was unknowingly speading a bacteria she was unaware of carrying. And the hospital had received a batch of defective gloves which allowed the contamination. 

Schmidt took unsupervised action during a surgery that he knew he wasn't supposed to do. And his arrogance cost a life.

I see these as different circumstances

My issue with Bailey is that she has OCD. She should've seen that Schmidt's behavior was well past the "go for a walk" stage. Bailey and Webber were both so into their own conflict that they failed Schmidt.

Everything in that situation was just ridiculous. I just keep imagining what it's like for a normal person walking through the halls to see a surgeon being carried through the halls screaming and crying. Or to see Linc and Amelia rehashing their marriage in front of the elevator. I mean the place is such a freak show. Can you imagine walking the halls looking for the billing office or a vending machine and seeing all this drama?

I love the drama of Jo saying "Our friend needs our help!!" and not only did they not take him to psych or admit him under any circumstances, they just bandaged him up and dumped him in the ambulance bay. 

But my favorite part had to be Nico trying to be the concerned boyfriend but basically just asking everyone what the hell happened. Those two have zero chemistry.

I can't even express how little I cared about Owen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Anela said:

I agree on both counts. 

Someone mentioned Station 19. I totally forgot that it was another crossover. I haven't watched it.

Ben and Co. cut Owen out of the car and put him on one of those basket things attached to a crane up on the road to lift him up to the ambulance, Ben gets in trouble for climbing down to the car before they had everything in place to do so safely and then hanging onto the basket and riding up with Owen like an idiot instead of coming up in a safer manner with the rest of the crew and isn't allowed to ride in the ambulance with him to the hospital. And we get a nauseating shot of Owen's badly broken leg and he even has the ability to insert his own IV (because Ben can't reach him) because of course he does even after all that trauma.

The rest was S19 stuff I neither know nor care about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2022 at 4:27 PM, Good Queen Jane said:

I thought it was interesting that they kept the continuity of the last episode being during Christmas time, but really, it's been so long since the last episode, they could have left out the Christmas decorations and I wouldn't have noticed (and I'm big on continuity,) I wonder if they filmed this episode at the same time as the last one.

They may have.  Recall at the end of the last episode in December, they already had a preview for this episode.

• Love 4
On 2/24/2022 at 10:26 PM, funnygirl said:

In season 13, Webber was against The Minnick Method which was having the residents fly solo. DO THE WRITERS NOT WATCH THEIR OWN SHOW?

5 hours ago, marceline said:

My issue with Bailey is that she has OCD. She should've seen that Schmidt's behavior was well past the "go for a walk" stage. Bailey and Webber were both so into their own conflict that they failed Schmidt.

I think the revolving door of writers screws up these kinds of things.  They weren't around when those things happened on the show, so it's all fresh and new.  There really should be something for the writers to refer to as to what's happened with these characters.  It just makes them look stupid when they contradict shit that came before.

As to the episode, nothing much I can't say that hasn't already been said.  Jo and Linc are a bad idea, but Grey's doesn't like to have platonic friendships unless it's Alex and Meredith.  Schmidt's friends are assholes for leaving him alone and he shouldn't have been able to leave without some sort of psych evaluation, anyway.  Kai has no personality, but she's just a rebound for Amelia before she decides that Linc is what she wants, until she doesn't want him again next season.  

So since McIrish now knows what Owen did, him leaving the hospital doesn't make him free of any charges, should something happen, right?  Oh, and no notice?  That's a shitty thing to do.  Don't give him a recommendation, Bailey.

• Love 6

Big letdown to a bunch of major cliffhangers.

While Owen clearly suffered major injuries, the fact that he was able to speak coherently detracted from his prior life and death situation. His survival -- plus the heart being okay for Farouk -- really detracted from the seriousness of the accident. 

In the prior episode, seeing the blood all over the floor in Schmitt's OR was visually chilling. The scene where the other residents pulled him away from the bloody sink was well done but the severity of the situation was negated when he was left all alone sitting outside the hospital. Schmitt clearly had a major breakdown; why was he left alone? 

I don't get Amelia's attraction to Kai (who seems to be bland and boring). Perhaps it is that Amelia thinks that Kai won't place the same demands on her that she perceives that Linc has done? Linc and Jo - long-term platonic best friends - is a bad idea. I gather that TPTB had to do something with Jo - since Alex has left - but this is not it. Jo would have been much better paired with Richard Flood's character. 

Speaking of bland - Scott Speedman's character (whose name I cannot even recall) can't hold a candle to Derek - or even to Riggs. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, madmax said:

I think the revolving door of writers screws up these kinds of things.  They weren't around when those things happened on the show, so it's all fresh and new.  There really should be something for the writers to refer to as to what's happened with these characters.  It just makes them look stupid when they contradict shit that came before.

As to the episode, nothing much I can't say that hasn't already been said.  Jo and Linc are a bad idea, but Grey's doesn't like to have platonic friendships unless it's Alex and Meredith.  Schmidt's friends are assholes for leaving him alone and he shouldn't have been able to leave without some sort of psych evaluation, anyway.  Kai has no personality, but she's just a rebound for Amelia before she decides that Linc is what she wants, until she doesn't want him again next season.  

So since McIrish now knows what Owen did, him leaving the hospital doesn't make him free of any charges, should something happen, right?  Oh, and no notice?  That's a shitty thing to do.  Don't give him a recommendation, Bailey.

Not sure you can say that. In the alternative universe episode didn't they have Alex and Meredith be a couple and he cheated on her with her best friend April?

5 hours ago, Amazee-Dayzee said:

Not sure you can say that. In the alternative universe episode didn't they have Alex and Meredith be a couple and he cheated on her with her best friend April?

It was the alternate universe, so anything goes.  As for the actual timeline?  They barely even hinted at Alex and Meredith and only did so very early on, when Alex (and Meredith, for that matter) was sleeping around.  So I still stand by it.

• Love 2

I may be out on this show.  I legit just don't care about anything they have going.  ABC made a mistake losing Shonda.  Not so easy to make a show interesting after this many seasons...

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LisaM said:

Big letdown to a bunch of major cliffhangers.

While Owen clearly suffered major injuries, the fact that he was able to speak coherently detracted from his prior life and death situation. His survival -- plus the heart being okay for Farouk -- really detracted from the seriousness of the accident. 

I know it was (yet another) crossover event with Station 19 so maybe someone that watched that half can tell us. Did the driver of the car die? I know Teddy and Hayes were in the backseat but considering the heart inside the cooler was bruised as it was it was a mistake to have Teddy and Hayes both be completely fine. No one bothered to check Teddy for injuries, unless the fire crew did on Station 19. Meredith stitched up Hayes' head wound and checked his blood pressure and that was it.

Who thinks the heart will end up being problematic?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Who thinks the heart will end up being problematic?

Krista loves the character of Meghan and the love story of Owen and Teddy so yeah, there a good chance that the heart will be problematic.

But I'd just rather forget the whole story and characters existed.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, since Hayes is clearly the only SANE doctor on this stupid show, of course he has to go. Or maybe he just doesn’t want to be part of a hospital filled with egotistical lunatics. I have an issue with finishing what I start so I just keep plowing along with this dreck. But I’m almost done. This show makes Chicago Med look like it’s written by geniuses. It’s laughable at this point. Medical comedy.

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 8

Station 19 is killing this show. I no longer feel like I’m watching a continuous narrative, it’s just a bunch of loosely connected scenes that require me to fill in the blanks and do more mental work than Grey’s is currently worth because I do not, will not, never gonna happen, watch Station 19. I have never so despised a show I’ve never seen.

Hey, I’ve got an idea: If distance is what will spare McWidow’s career/conscience, how about he stays in Seattle and Owen and Teddi move to Ireland? Please? 

• Love 6
On 2/26/2022 at 12:35 PM, iMonrey said:

I agree with ruining Link and Amelia, but I think the best platonic friendship between two hetero, opposite-gender characters was Meredith and Alex.  

On 2/27/2022 at 10:18 PM, LexieLily said:

I know Teddy and Hayes were in the backseat but considering the heart inside the cooler was bruised as it was it was a mistake to have Teddy and Hayes both be completely fine.

Not really - Teddy and Hayes are full grown adults who were secured with seatbelts.  The heart was one organ bouncing around inside of a cooler.  Even if Hayes (or whoever had it) held on to the cooler, the heart was still loose inside.  

• Love 1
On 2/27/2022 at 8:25 AM, LisaM said:

Speaking of bland - Scott Speedman's character (whose name I cannot even recall) can't hold a candle to Derek - or even to Riggs. 

Completely agree.  Or even to McVet.  All three of them were soooooo much better.

• Love 2
On 2/27/2022 at 10:18 PM, LexieLily said:

I know it was (yet another) crossover event with Station 19 so maybe someone that watched that half can tell us. Did the driver of the car die? I know Teddy and Hayes were in the backseat but considering the heart inside the cooler was bruised as it was it was a mistake to have Teddy and Hayes both be completely fine. No one bothered to check Teddy for injuries, unless the fire crew did on Station 19. Meredith stitched up Hayes' head wound and checked his blood pressure and that was it.

He was dead (or at least nearly so) before they crashed; Owen guessed he had a stroke. The S19 crew encountered his body on the way down; he was apparently thrown from the car. Teddy wasn't in the S19 episode.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, RoxiP said:

Who else thinks Jo will end up pregnant...right after Amelia and Linc reconcile?

I think Jo will end up pregnant. I also think she will choose abortion and Carina will perform it. I also predict fallout among Linc/Amelia/Jo.

That's fine with me.

I finally got to watch this episode.  I can't believe how blind the characters are at times.  The amount of people who looked in on Schmidt, and left him washing his hands.  And then letting him walk away, unsupported, to sit in a very wet ambulance bay/ Bailey, when it came to Hayes, ignoring what he was saying and how much pain he seemed to be in, and begging him to stay, Bailey just is a crappy chief.  She had potential in the first few seasons, but now, she is just hopeless.  All things crazy goes on, she has no idea what is happening in all her departments.  And when she does find out, she panics and is certainly not cool headed.  Why do I think the series will end when Meredith is Cheif?  

I felt for Teddy.  She had to leave Owen to take the heart, she didn't know if he was alive or dead, and then was frozen.  I am not a huge Teddy or Owen fan, and their story, but their interactions are usually better than in this episode.  

I am so Team Amelia and Link.  I just can't get behind Amelia and Kai, it seems so forced in some way.  Poor Link had to find out by seeing them kissing.  It was beyond wrong.  And then, one minute, Link was in such pain about Amelia and the next, he was kissing Jo and more with so much feeling, and it didn't look like pain

And then there is Meredith.  Every time I looked at EP, all I could see was botox or fillers.  Her furrow between her eyebrows is gone and her top lop didn't seem to be doing much moving and seemed all wrong too.  

• Love 4