Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/7/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Veiled criticism- “more Covid deaths under Biden than trump but I don’t blame Biden.”  Then why word it that way?  That is exactly what she meant.  Ugh. I can’t stand Alyssa Farah. 

yeah, ugh

why did they feel a need to bring her back???

• Love 13

Yes, Farrah managed to slip that in, (subliminal subduction?).  That aside, and I am against Farrah taking the 5th chair, BUT, this was a really funny show today, and every one seem to have a good time. Isn’t that what we want for The View?  Wendy was funny!  Still, a lot of talking over, but, I enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Yes, Farrah managed to slip that in, (subliminal subduction?).  That aside, and I am against Farrah taking the 5th chair, BUT, this was a really funny show today, and every one seem to have a good time. Isn’t that what we want for The View?  Wendy was funny!  Still, a lot of talking over, but, I enjoyed it.

Sorry, I love Whoopi, but, Joy does a better job at keeping the conversation and the show, moving.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Veiled criticism- “more Covid deaths under Biden than trump but I don’t blame Biden.”  Then why word it that way?  That is exactly what she meant.  Ugh. I can’t stand Alyssa Farah. 

7 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, ugh

why did they feel a need to bring her back???

Seriously. What does that even mean? Nearly a half a million deaths due to COVID happened when Biden wasn't president. Not being political, but FACTS. She said it, and I don't know what she means, because Biden wasn't president when the pandemic hit and people were dying every day in HUGE numbers.

And what @cinsays said.

• Love 8

I don't like the way that Joy seems determined to make everything D vs. R even when it seems obvious that there's enough bad behavior by members of both sides. Just because some Republican politician is a jerk doesn't mean that a Democratic politician  who does something similar isn't a jerk or is "better" in any way. Call out the bad behavior no matter who does it, if you truly want to improve things. Don't coddle perpetrators because you like their politics or they seemed to be "nice guys" in public. Ethical behavior should be the goal across the board, and reinforcing bad behavior by minimizing it won't help.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seriously. What does that even mean? Nearly a half a million deaths due to COVID happened when Biden wasn't president. Not being political, but FACTS. She said it, and I don't know what she means, because Biden wasn't president when the pandemic hit and people were dying every day in HUGE numbers.

And what @cinsays said.

I was happy that Joy pointed out that it was the UNVAXXED that are mostly dying!  It is happening in our little red, PA town,  we have between 10 to 12 deaths weekly, patients in ICU at the hospital, and the hospital reports that 92 % are unvaxed. You  cannot blame President Biden for that, and she didn't, in her own way. Our hospital opened a clinic last January, then downsized this past year, But, I am in the county that put trump over the top in PA, in 2016.  Live with that!

• Love 6

I've had three shots of Moderna as a healthy young woman. I don't socialize with anyone who can get the vaccine but doesn't do so because they just don't want to, and I still haven't entirely returned to my normal life. So trust me, I'm all for being vaccinated and protecting others. But I think Sunny comes on too strong with her vaccine views. Sara is correct that it is extremely rare for a child to die of covid. I can see a healthy parent of healthy kids like Sara not worrying the way a parent of a kid with all sorts of issues would. Those of you who know the stats better than me, do unvaccinated kids get hospitalized if they aren't immunocompromised? 

Jed gave same major alternative facts during her appearance, but while it is true that the vast, vast majority of us can and should be vaccinated, there really are people who aren't candidates for the vaccine. I have someone in my life who's not antivax at all, but getting vaccinated does pose a risk to her health. I wouldn't want her shamed because she's not vaccinated, or anyone weaponizing the deaths of relatives to shame them.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Sunny comes across as a bit of little miss perfect, not evil temptress to me.

I completely agree about the "Little Miss Perfect."  She wants the outside world to KNOW she's perfect in every way...but as far as Manny is concerned, she's his muse, his temptress, the sexiest thing he's ever seen (and WILL ever see)...and we KNOW she has an evil streak.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Sorry, I love Whoopi, but, Joy does a better job at keeping the conversation and the show, moving.

SOooo...think about those of us who don't even like Whoopi (and worse)...think how GREAT we feel about how well the show works.  Every. Day.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Sara is correct that it is extremely rare for a child to die of covid. I can see a healthy parent of healthy kids like Sara not worrying the way a parent of a kid with all sorts of issues would. Those of you who know the stats better than me, do unvaccinated kids get hospitalized if they aren't immunocompromised?

I don't have statistics to back it up; only what I read awhile back; but Sara is wrong. this virus doesn't care who you are; or your age; it's the ones that have underlying medical conditions and immunocompromised that are at a higher risk, but kids can also get sick and die from COVID. If hospitals take in unvaccinated adults, I don't see why they would turn away unvaccinated children.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I've had three shots of Moderna as a healthy young woman. I don't socialize with anyone who can get the vaccine but doesn't do so because they just don't want to, and I still haven't entirely returned to my normal life. So trust me, I'm all for being vaccinated and protecting others. But I think Sunny comes on too strong with her vaccine views. Sara is correct that it is extremely rare for a child to die of covid. I can see a healthy parent of healthy kids like Sara not worrying the way a parent of a kid with all sorts of issues would. Those of you who know the stats better than me, do unvaccinated kids get hospitalized if they aren't immunocompromised? 

Most often I think Sunny is entirely too sappy.  However, I understand her opinion on the vaccines due to both of Manny's parents dying of Covid. While it might be extremely rare for a child to die of covid, who wants to suffer though covid and possible long term side effects?

I remember seeing news reports on unvaccinated children being hospitalized with covid and it was heartbreaking. I highly doubt that many were immunocompromised.

Also a child could be immunocompromised and hasn't yet been diagnosed.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Same here.  We all know where she worked before.  

If I have to choose I’d rather have Tara.  Don’t like Alyssa…keeps doing the “everyone’s at fault here” thing which isn’t at all accurate when it comes to the pandemic.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

Sara's hair looks like she was getting her color done and they ran out of time to wash and dry it.

I thought Sara's hair looked lovely, along with her outfit & make-up. While I'm on the subject, I think Joy is an incredibly gorgeous woman, especially when she smiles ... she has such a "joyful" way about her.  She'll be 80 in October & her broad outlook belies her years.

• Love 13

I agree with Ana that everything with Cuomo couldn't entirely avoid the air of a politically-motivated hitjob because his investigator was running for his job. And then there's the fact that, as Sunny said, he put a crosshairs on himself by making himself the face of COVID management in opposition to Trump.

While I'm not a fan, I definitely agree with Sunny that likely nothing he's done has truly ruined his chances with voters considering other presidential contenders like Trump and DeSantis have committed one or both of the same "crimes" he has, unfortunately. After Sunny brought up DeSantis covering up numbers in Florida himself, I loved when Joy asked Farrah if she holds Republicans who do the same thing equally accountable and she just stuttered and flubbed her response, lol. Particularly hilarious to hear Farrah, who worked for Trump, criticize Cuomo's nursing home mistake considering all her boss did in order to not "own" his pandemic failures. I agree with Sara, the biggest thing wrong Cuomo did there was try to hide it, since nobody knew exactly what was right to do at the time and he was trying. And, as Joy said, NY was one of the first state's truly impacted by the pandemic.

7 hours ago, Mimi said:

The show runs so much more smoothly without Whoopi.

Yeah... The best part of Whoopi being out these two weeks was getting Joy in the moderator's seat for all these episodes. The show has more of the feel of Meredith days when she's in charge. Whoopi is always so clumsy with her intros and outros, and then eats up too much time saying nothing.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't have statistics to back it up; only what I read awhile back; but Sara is wrong. this virus doesn't care who you are; or your age; it's the ones that have underlying medical conditions and immunocompromised that are at a higher risk, but kids can also get sick and die from COVID. If hospitals take in unvaccinated adults, I don't see why they would turn away unvaccinated children.

I've read 75% of all covid deaths are people age 65 and up. Mind you, I don't even consider people in their 60s all that old. My parents are in their 60s, and I hate when people act like people of that age are near their deathbeds anyway. 

Right, I wasn't suggesting hospitals would turn away kids or anything like that. I wasn't sure what % of kids who get covid wind up severely sick and would need hospitalization. 

2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Most often I think Sunny is entirely too sappy.  However, I understand her opinion on the vaccines due to both of Manny's parents dying of Covid. While it might be extremely rare for a child to die of covid, who wants to suffer though covid and possible long term side effects?

I remember seeing news reports on unvaccinated children being hospitalized with covid and it was heartbreaking. I highly doubt that many were immunocompromised.

Also a child could be immunocompromised and hasn't yet been diagnosed.

I get that, but I also understand Sara's view. 

Absolutely, I've thought the the same about adults. 

I think Sunny reminds me of my parents, except she has actually done various social things throughout the pandemic. My parents are constantly like "so and so went to a birthday party? They have kids! So and so did something for the holidays? They have kids!" And I don't know if that is fair to young healthy parents of healthy children who want to live life and not just be in fear of sickness and death. I also understand the folks who are vaccinated themselves but are scared of vaccinating their kids. I don't think they roll like that because they're selfish people who don't care about other people's loved ones. Just my thoughts as someone who's personally pro vax, whose own priority is keeping my high risk parents safe, and doesn't have kids of my own. I just get tired of friends of mine being shamed, along with those who wish they could get the vaccine but can't do so. 

• Love 1

Idk I found the convo about Cuomo a little weird. Sunny seems a little too faced on the topic. When Letitia James and Cynthia Nixon are the guests she's all for going along with the Cuomo bashing but on a regular show she just bothsides the heck out of them. I just remember Sunny vehemently arguing against any idea that "cancel culture" exists yet she always thinks everyone is too hard on the Cuomo brothers. Also besides going on tv every day what amazing job did Cuomo actually do with covid in retrospect? we found out he hid deaths, threatened NY politicians who tried to get into his way and was writing a book congratulating himself before covid was even over....

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Right, I wasn't suggesting hospitals would turn away kids or anything like that. I wasn't sure what % of kids who get covid wind up severely sick and would need hospitalization. 

I get that, but I also understand Sara's view. 

COVID and kids: How the omicron surge is impacting child hospitalizations, school safety (USA Today)

Kids’ Covid hospitalizations hit pandemic high, worrying doctors and parents about long-term impact (CNBC)

• Useful 2

Count me in as another who is enjoying the show WAY more without Whoopi...I even took the time to write to ABC (on their website). Maybe if enough of us voiced our opinion, we can exact a change. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, geekburger said:

Todays conversions were great. Lots of varying opinions and good back and forth.

I agree.  See ABC it is possible to have differing opinions and not have it devolve into screaming and pouting.  

Wendi made me want to watch Bridesmaids again. Not surprised the backstage goings on at the Goldberg's wasn't mentioned.

15 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Idk I found the convo about Cuomo a little weird. Sunny seems a little too faced on the topic. When Letitia James and Cynthia Nixon are the guests she's all for going along with the Cuomo bashing but on a regular show she just bothsides the heck out of them.

I was surprised she said Cuomo still has a a political future.  And it kinda sounded like she was rooting for him.  

And her attitude about the swinging gubernatorial candidate was just as bad as her attitude about Camilla the day before.   What consenting adults do in their marriages is their business.  And she is wrong about what once you do something like that you can't stop.  That isn't true.  One of my best friends since kindergarten was a swinger with her husband.  They felt like their marriage had gotten a little stale so they started swinging.  It was always the same group of people and they became good friends with all of them.  Now that they are in their 50s and her husband has a some health issues they have stopped.  Sunny needs to stop being so judgmental.  If she isn't careful karma might pay her a visit.  

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Count me in as another who is enjoying the show WAY more without Whoopi.

I wonder what the ratings are without her there.  And I imagine any reviews of these two weeks will be how nice it has been without her.  

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Alyssa has a habit of proclaiming how progressive she is, then adds a “but….” which means she’s about to say what she really thinks.

And the Sunny doubles down in her prudish nature. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Alyssa has a habit of proclaiming how progressive she is, then adds a “but….” which means she’s about to say what she really thinks

I don't think that word means what she thinks it means.

5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And the Sunny doubles down in her prudish nature. 

This has become a daily occurrence with her.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't think that word means what she thinks it means.

It was my word. Small p progressive, like supporting the LGBTQ community or not blaming Biden for Covid deaths, but….

Poor Alyssa doesn’t have enough clout to rate a seat during the JLo interview. Sunny was probably afraid JLo would go after Manny. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Thank goodness Sunny saved her kids from learning about masturbation! Now they will never do it! Such a good parent. (giant eye roll). Sunny is wearing on me with that kind of shit.

Are they home schooled? Are their hands tied behind their backs? Sounds more like captivity than childhood to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Sunny was probably afraid JLo would go after Manny. 

Honestly, I've wondered how someone as prudish and jealous as Sunny would be buddies with J.Lo. Even women who don't freak out about things like their man getting a cake for their birthday aren't always fond of strikingly pretty women who are known for being provocative. Sometimes I think Sunny plays it all up to be funny. When it gets to a jealousy regarding relationships/sex topic Joy has literally been like "hehehe, Sunny's not gonna like this!"

Now in Sunny's defense, as someone without kids, I didn't entirely disagree with her. They were discussing third graders, correct? I don't think even Sunny Hostin thinks older children won't discover masturbation. Even I know it would be unusual for a teenage boy not to do it. I think she wasn't crazy about kids who aren't even in double digits being taught about sex toys and such. I always thought sex education was more for 5th or 6th grade at the earliest. 

• Love 6

Yeah, I was pretty shocked Sunny wasn't in the JLO interview considering what a big fan she always says she is of her.

I agree with Ana on the Florida bill, that it's really just about targeting children in a classroom who already stand out and making their lives even more hellish for the sake of political points. Farrah is such a gross liar, nobody believes she supports the LGBT community. And Sunny was absolutely right to make the point that this attack on students and censorship began with Black history and literature, but that those kinds of attacks always move on to other groups (LGBT, women, Jews, etc.).

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, I've wondered how someone as prudish and jealous as Sunny would be buddies with J.Lo. Even women who don't freak out about things like their man getting a cake for their birthday aren't always fond of strikingly pretty women who are known for being provocative. Sometimes I think Sunny plays it all up to be funny. When it gets to a jealousy regarding relationships/sex topic Joy has literally been like "hehehe, Sunny's not gonna like this!"

Now in Sunny's defense, as someone without kids, I didn't entirely disagree with her. They were discussing third graders, correct? I don't think even Sunny Hostin thinks older children won't discover masturbation. Even I know it would be unusual for a teenage boy not to do it. I think she wasn't crazy about kids who aren't even in double digits being taught about sex toys and such. I always thought sex education was more for 5th or 6th grade at the earliest. 

I think Sunny does play it up to be funny. She might be some what jealous and everything she talks about but it seems at least to me it's a shtick now. 

I agreed with Sunny 3rd and 4th graders is a bit young to be taught about sex toys and masturbation. I  mostly think her point was she opted out of the class just like the parent in florida could do. If it was a sex ed class they disagreed with. Of course Florida isnt even talking sex ed it's talking absolutely ridiculousness to scare and hype up a certain kind of parent. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I think Sunny does play it up to be funny. She might be some what jealous and everything she talks about but it seems at least to me it's a shtick now. 

But it's not a funny schtick.  If she was a man acting that way it would set off all kinds of red flags.

50 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And Sunny was absolutely right to make the point that this attack on students and censorship began with Black history and literature, but that those kinds of attacks always move on to other groups (LGBT, women, Jews, etc.).

In this case the slippery slope is real.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

But it's not a funny schtick.  If she was a man acting that way it would set off all kinds of red flags.

In this case the slippery slope is real.

I agree it's not funny. But for some reason Sunny and the other ladies seem to think it is lol. So Sunny plays the part idk why they all seem to think it's hilarious but they do🤷🏾‍♀️.

• Love 1

imo it helped Alyssa this week having Joy as the moderator instead of in the middle of the table because Joy knows better than to get into a heated argument as moderator like Whoopi. I think that made Alyssa less feisty like Morgan Outages was when she was guest host. She was definitely nervous though.

17 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I agree it's not funny. But for some reason Sunny and the other ladies seem to think it is lol. So Sunny plays the part idk why they all seem to think it's hilarious but they do🤷🏾‍♀️.

But remember, this is the same group of people that laugh at Whoopi’s imitation of the Queen. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 5