Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/31/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What had my jaw dropping today was Sunny not even considering the feelings of RAPE VICTIMS carrying and having to birth their RAPIST’S  baby. She prefaced her opinion about how she prosecuted rapists, but instead of trying to speak for victims, agreed with that politician because she met children of rape who turned out to be “good people.”

And couldn’t look in the camera when saying all this. Kept her eyes looking down at the table.

And if anything this HORRID happens to HER daughter, you know we will never hear about it ... and she will NEVER have to carry that rapist's baby to term.  Sunny's goody-goody persona has always rubbed me the wrong way.  I'm getting older, so the rubbing is REALLY irritating.

Wasn't there even an excuse for babies born from incest--which in most cases would be rape?   More in a separate post.

• Love 8

I think Tara talks too much.  She takes over the conversation.  When they were talking about being raised with strict rules, Joy started to say something and Tara interrupted her.  Anyone else notice Joy's face?  She looked extremely irritated.

I hope Ana comes back and fills in during the next two weeks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

First, I am NOT anti-abortion.  It's the pregnant woman's business.  I've become so supportive of "a woman's right to choose," that now I don't even care if she keeps the pregnancy and planned termination secret from her husband/partner.  Not. My. Business. So, there's THAT!  I support Sunny's stance in theory because it includes every pregnancy and seems logical.  I also disagree with Sunny's stance on abortion. Completely.

What I can't understand is the "sanctity of life" argument when it comes to pregnancies as the result of rape, incest, or some other tragedy.  Why are some willing to "murder" that innocent embryo/fetus because as it was conceived "inappropriately"? Shouldn't it be all or none as far as termination is concerned?  Fortunately, I'm a non-believer, so any gods aren't covered in my instruction manual.  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I think Tara talks too much.  She takes over the conversation.  When they were talking about being raised with strict rules, Joy started to say something and Tara interrupted her.  Anyone else notice Joy's face?  She looked extremely irritated.

I think Tara is beautiful, talented, and very smart.  Apparently not smart enough to know how to behave as the new kid.  I hope producers didn't tell her to jump in...mix it up.  I agree, Debbie!

• Love 1

It's obvious to me that she is buying into the ideology that only black people can be victims of racism.  When white people clash it can't possibly be about racism because to her racism is only about skin color.  I am very disappointed that someone so aware and intelligent as she supposedly is would believe that.  But even worse is that she in particular has no excuse for believing that especially where Jews are concerned.  She is a native New Yorker so she should be no stranger to Jews and have at least a rudimentary grasp of the Holocaust.  The extermination of the Jews was not just white people clashing but ethnic genocide.  Anyone with one ounce of knowledge about the Holocaust should know that, especially a native NYer who is as intelligent as she is.  Plus in light of this that she would take on the name "Goldberg", which is a common Jewish name makes it even worse.  So no apologetics from me, she has no excuse.

Yoh took the words out of my mouth. It is mind boggling that Whooping could be so ignorant. She didn't just wander in off the turnip truck.  How is it even possible that she is so uneducated on the Holocaust?  And if she is, why does she have to open her mouth and shut down others who try to educate her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I thought Whoopie was pretty rattled on the Colbert show.  Clearly she realizes she has blown it.  I can see her quitting. She mostly looks like she doesn't enjoy being on the show anymore, with the eye-rolling and fake accents.

This must be a wake-up call to all in the media that anything and everything they say can and WILL be held against them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I thought Whoopie was pretty rattled on the Colbert show.  Clearly she realizes she has blown it.  I can see her quitting. She mostly looks like she doesn't enjoy being on the show anymore, with the eye-rolling and fake accents.

This must be a wake-up call to all in the media that anything and everything they say can and WILL be held against them.

Unless they're on fox "news" in which case they say what they want with zero repercussions.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What had my jaw dropping today was Sunny not even considering the feelings of RAPE VICTIMS carrying and having to birth their RAPIST’S  baby. She prefaced her opinion about how she prosecuted rapists, but instead of trying to speak for victims, agreed with that politician because she met children of rape who turned out to be “good people.”

And couldn’t look in the camera when saying all this. Kept her eyes looking down at the table.

Yeah... I agreed with Sara, actually--I think Joy wanted to say it herself but she gives her opinion less when she moderates--that choices about right and wrong are supposed to be about free will to make those choices for yourself. Moreover, like Tara pointed out, what one person's religion is shouldn't be enforced on another person who may not even believe in it. You can advise someone against doing it on a personal level (if they ask for your advice), but trying to strip their right to make their own decisions away enters a dark territory. Then again, I'm not sure Sunny was necessarily advocating about what should be legal so much as what she thinks of abortion on a personal level.

About Sunny though, in a way I thought she was being judgmental at the end of the child-rearing discussion. I even agree with her that rules are a good thing, structure and all that, but her last comment about how she thinks her kids have turned out well came across a little flippant... To me, it was like she was implying Joy's and Sara's children have not. Sara's children are still little kids, but Joy's daughter is doing pretty well from what little comments that I've heard dropped about her over the years. Sunny has mom-shamed Sara in the past, I recall, so that comment was probably more directed at her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Is this a new MeatLoaf song being released posthumously?😏

Too soon, Herky. Too soon. 😄

Whoopi must be feeling deja vu. This is the second time her mouth has gotten her cancelled. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

About Sunny though, in a way I thought she was being judgmental

Sunny is judgmental. Even when she doesn't actually say it you can see it in her expressions.

She thinks very highly of herself.  And she should. She has accomplished a lot. But she also looks down on other people.  Not everyone lives their lives the way Sunny does and I do think she thinks less of them.  JMO.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

First, I am NOT anti-abortion.  It's the pregnant woman's business.  I've become so supportive of "a woman's right to choose," that now I don't even care if she keeps the pregnancy and planned termination secret from her husband/partner.  Not. My. Business. So, there's THAT!  I support Sunny's stance in theory because it includes every pregnancy and seems logical.  I also disagree with Sunny's stance on abortion. Completely.

What I can't understand is the "sanctity of life" argument when it comes to pregnancies as the result of rape, incest, or some other tragedy.  Why are some willing to "murder" that innocent embryo/fetus because as it was conceived "inappropriately"? Shouldn't it be all or none as far as termination is concerned?  Fortunately, I'm a non-believer, so any gods aren't covered in my instruction manual.  

I get where you're coming from, but I understand those who don't believe in abortion making exceptions to not further traumatize someone who's already been through hell. There's getting pregnant by your husband or boyfriend without planning for it, and there's having the baby of someone who raped you. 

The argument I don't like as someone who supports women's reproductive rights is Whoopi's actually. She always compares it to gay marriage, saying if you don't believe in gay marriage or abortion, don't marry a gay person or have one. It's like saying "You don't believe in theft, you don't go out robbing banks." 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's obvious to me that she is buying into the ideology that only black people can be victims of racism.

I agree with that. This is more than Whoopi thinking a sweeping statement about "man's inhumanity to man" sums up the Holocaust (a statement which could be applied to everything from slavery to child hunger) it's that her ignorance stems from thinking things only matter insomuch as they personally effect her.  So to Whoopi racism can only really happen to black people.

I quit watching the View over her Roman Polanski statements.  It wasn't just that she was making excuses for a child rapist, it was that her reason was that she said such things should be overlooked in directors and actors (like herself) because they were artists and should not be held to the same standards as the rest of us plebeians.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

I watch pretty regularly, and Whoopi has strongly supported victims of racism (black, Asian, Mexican, immigrant, etc), bigotry, anti-semitism, anti-Muslim on this show.   She actually rarely talks exclusively about anti-black racism unless the topic is specifically about that. 

OK, let me rephrase that.  Perhaps Whoopi thinks only non-white and Muslim people can be victims of racism.  I stand on the belief that based on her comments she doesn't believe that white people can be victims of racism.  In her view, whites are the ones dishing out racism to non-whites, not to other whites.  Because racism to her is all about whites vs. non-whites.  But the Nazis proved that wrong with the Jews.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

I laughed at how they touched Whoopis absent. "Sure you saw the news.....and lets get into hot topics!"

I’m sure none of them want to piss Whoopi off.  The less said, the better.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I quit watching the View over her Roman Polanski statements.  It wasn't just that she was making excuses for a child rapist, it was that her reason was that she said such things should be overlooked in directors and actors (like herself) because they were artists and should not be held to the same standards as the rest of us plebeians.

EXACTLY!  She has demonstrated that she belongs on that higher plane with selected entertainment celebrities (we don't) and it's up to her to be an Apologist.  Still, she scratches their backs, so they do the same for her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I get where you're coming from, but I understand those who don't believe in abortion making exceptions to not further traumatize someone who's already been through hell. There's getting pregnant by your husband or boyfriend without planning for it, and there's having the baby of someone who raped you. 

But who ARE "those" are making these exceptions (and laws)--whether out of deep concern or not?  I won't judge those wanting to abort--even if it's getting pregnant by one's husband, boyfriend, or one-night stand when (maybe) relegated to a women's shelter, have serious mental illness, if you are ill/disabled, OR you have eight other kids ...  Only the pregnant woman can know her circumstances.  Most decisions aren't made easily.  WE don't have to make them worse.

Someone as ignorant and flippant as Sherri Shepherd claimed she had so many abortions she "couldn't remember how many," came to realize that often there are consequences...sad, sad consequences down the road.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

About Sunny though, in a way I thought she was being judgmental

Sunny is judgmental. Even when she doesn't actually say it you can see it in her expressions.

She thinks very highly of herself.  And she should. She has accomplished a lot. But she also looks down on other people.  Not everyone lives their lives the way Sunny does and I do think she thinks less of them.  JMO.

I agree.  I don't think it's easy to be Sunny, nor is it easy to be Sunny's husband or children.  Hope there's not some big backlash someday--that's permanent. Sometimes parents create monsters when all they're trying to do is instill confidence in their little kids.  I'm talking to you, Sunny's mother!  I hope Sunny didn't have that "better than thou" attitude when she was growing up.  She has a big gaggle of friends now--wonder if they all joined after they were all successful.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree.  I don't think it's easy to be Sunny, nor is it easy to be Sunny's husband or children.  Hope there's not some big backlash someday--that's permanent. Sometimes parents create monsters when all they're trying to do is instill confidence in their little kids.  I'm talking to you, Sunny's mother!  I hope Sunny didn't have that "better than thou" attitude when she was growing up.  She has a big gaggle of friends now--wonder if they all joined after they were all successful.

I know Sunny isn't perfect, but I think her family is very fortunate to have her. She helps look after her elderly parents. I forget, didn't Manny's parents also live with them? She raised two good, hardworking kids who could have grown up to be spoiled and problematic like other kids of the rich and famous. She and her friends seem to genuinely really like one another. Even if she has lots of rules and can be jealous and all of that stuff, she has a lot of wonderful qualities imo. I would feel lucky to have someone like her in my life. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was so ridiculous, too! I think they were considering hiring Kelly Osbourne and that's why they made Perez apologize, but Osbourne still received a great deal of blowback. I'll be forever grateful to Perez for putting the nail in that coffin.

Other articles have said the other cohosts aren’t happy about the suspension either.  Thinking of the heinous stuff M spouted over her time there without much of anything being done does smack of something.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Other articles have said the other cohosts aren’t happy about the suspension either.  

They pretty much HAVE to say that.  Who wants The Wrath of Whoopi ... and they have to put up a united front.

3 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Thinking of the heinous stuff M spouted over her time there without much of anything being done does smack of something.  

AND...Whoopi is the one who facilitated her hiring, protected her against all criticisms--acted as a beloved auntie...and then--too late for many of us--finally saw her for what she was/is--and the lack of Whoopi's support was probably her final undoing.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, geekburger said:

I’m sure it was hard for the panelists to do the show today but they did well!

Somehow I believe it was easy...easier than most days when Madame Moderator is IN CHARGE!

3 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

episode and the topics were really good today.

Not to mention the friendlier attitude--even with Buttinski Tara there.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I think she has looked and been miserable for a couple of years.  The only time she looked happy recently is after Meghan left...and then I think it was an act created specifically for media to comment on "how HAPPY Whoopi is these days."  She was almost giddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Sunny isn't perfect, but I think her family is very fortunate to have her. She helps look after her elderly parents. I forget, didn't Manny's parents also live with them? She raised two good, hardworking kids who could have grown up to be spoiled and problematic like other kids of the rich and famous.

I think Sunny and family have done a good job raising her kids...but we won't know how they turned out for awhile.  They lived under a strict set of rules with (probably) two strict parents AND strict grandparents in the home.  They haven't had a chance to be on their own or even make many decisions.  I hope they're as good and "perfect" as they seem.  I hope they noticed their mother's jealous and judgmental attitudes often enough to try to be the opposite.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

But who ARE "those" are making these exceptions (and laws)--whether out of deep concern or not?  I won't judge those wanting to abort--even if it's getting pregnant by one's husband, boyfriend, or one-night stand when (maybe) relegated to a women's shelter, have serious mental illness, if you are ill/disabled, OR you have eight other kids ...  Only the pregnant woman can know her circumstances.  Most decisions aren't made easily.  WE don't have to make them worse.

Someone as ignorant and flippant as Sherri Shepherd claimed she had so many abortions she "couldn't remember how many," came to realize that often there are consequences...sad, sad consequences down the road.

Completely agree! Many women aren't comfortable discussing how they got pregnant. It's no one's business. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

As for this latest dust-up, I think it highlights the fact she is not suited for the job.  To me, she looks like she just shows up each day wanders onto the set and sits her ass in the chair, woefully unprepared, yet still thinks she can wing it.  And this is the result.

Repeating this, Ellis Bell...and BOLDING!  It needs to be said again and again ... and it needs to reach the highest executives at ABC and Disney (for some reason Whoopi is Disney's Darling).

• Love 9
On 2/1/2022 at 8:08 PM, Axie said:

Wow! I would say Whoopie’s going to quit except I think she supports her entire family and needs the money.

• She has other gigs.
  • She always has opportunities for other gigs.
  • Many in charge consider her a treasure.
  • Not having the grind of a "weekly" J-O-B would give her time to be more creative and do good work for more money.
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

They pretty much HAVE to say that.  Who wants The Wrath of Whoopi ... and they have to put up a united front.

No they don't. They can keep silent and just say nothing. There's also the fact that aside from this show, Whoopi and Joy are friends going back to the comedy circuit.

I remember when both walked out on the Bill O'Reilly interview years ago. I think the brass made Joy apologize; but Whoopi refused to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

You know, it’s not terrible that Whoopi isn’t there to be the contrarian to whatever everyone is saying.

No mention that Jenny McCarthy was one of the Masked Singer judges that did not walk out. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I am Jewish and I did understand what she was trying to say and didn't think it bigoted. She was defining race as we primarily define it today and apparently didn't know that the Nazis did consider Jews to be a race, an inferior race.  She did understand mans inhumanity to man which is another piece of the Holocaust.  I didn't feel that she was really diminishing the Holocaust by her comments.  I did think her apology on the show was well meaning (though some said she wasn't so apologetic the night before)and i liked that they had an expert on to answer questions and explain.  I mean MM said some really hateful things on the show and I don't recall her being suspended, or even having to apologize.  

Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. ♥️

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I remember when both walked out on the Bill O'Reilly interview years ago. I think the brass made Joy apologize; but Whoopi refused to.

Quoting myself because I'm PSYCHIC, y'all!!!! Joy brought up the time when she and Whoopi walked out during the interview with Bill O'Reilly!

I just watched the show and I'm confused. I didn't see Joy do or say anything that would have someone telling her to shut up. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'm definitely checking out the Malcolm X documentary tonight, though. I caught the one that aired on Netflix last year. It'll be interesting to see how that differs.

• Love 6

Hey @Back Atcha

This is meant as a friendly HOW-TO. 

When you want to quote and respond to several posts, you can do so all in one post of your own, instead of making a separate post for each. 

When you're reading the board, in each post you want to quote, click the +" button.

1687644721_ScreenShot2022-02-03at2_12_58PM.png.7f8986c728b73c262256fafe58789a41.png

Once you click it, it turns into a ✓" button.

598638307_ScreenShot2022-02-03at1_54_53PM.png.e61acbc76203acaaf5030bbe64b14de0.png

The board will remember each post you've marked.

Then, when you get down to the posting window (i.e. where you compose your post):

664028271_ScreenShot2022-02-03at2_06_31PM.thumb.png.385f0a1169da4325b929868b8867a0bf.png

Click the Quote # posts button:

1018606710_ScreenShot2022-02-03at1_55_11PM.png.916348356e4b564240d0a13505c6d8e0.png

And the board will insert them all, like this:

13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

AND...Whoopi is the one who facilitated her hiring, protected her against all criticisms--acted as a beloved auntie...and then--too late for many of us--finally saw her for what she was/is--and the lack of Whoopi's support was probably her final undoing.

12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Somehow I believe it was easy...easier than most days when Madame Moderator is IN CHARGE!

Not to mention the friendlier attitude--even with Buttinski Tara there.

I think she has looked and been miserable for a couple of years.  The only time she looked happy recently is after Meghan left...and then I think it was an act created specifically for media to comment on "how HAPPY Whoopi is these days."  She was almost giddy.

I think Sunny and family have done a good job raising her kids...but we won't know how they turned out for awhile.  They lived under a strict set of rules with (probably) two strict parents AND strict grandparents in the home.  They haven't had a chance to be on their own or even make many decisions.  I hope they're as good and "perfect" as they seem.  I hope they noticed their mother's jealous and judgmental attitudes often enough to try to be the opposite.

And you can respond to them all in one place.

If you find you quoted a post to which you no longer want to reply, you can delete it while you're composing your post, by hovering the cursor over the upper left corner of that post until you get this symbol.

313599631_ScreenShot2022-02-03at2_10_28PM.png.191149cc86e35af8385e34f7d94cd0a0.png

At which point you press your keyboard's delete key, and it will poof away.

The FAQ entry for quotes is here: 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 10

Have not watched  todays show so and you all have covered the important parts from yesterday but I loved Mark Cubans office. 
I was doing two things at once and will watch again but Mika On morning Joe defended Whoopi pretty well yesterday  She mentioned discussions/ disagreements are encouraged on The View and after all these years if we don't know who Whoopi is and the all good she has done and that this is cancel culture out of hand. Someone here brought up 2 hosts on some reality shows lost their jobs for less  somehow I can’t connect them.   I don’t think Whoopi is not nor has ever been suited for this job but going out this way is pretty awful and hope it does not end her career . She angered me with rape rape ,defending every “ star” that has lost their shit on set as well as defending Michael Jackson (also Mel Gibson?  ) saying she’s left her kid with Michael  with no concerns . How  stupid is that when he had a type and it wasn’t your daughter. .  
This I’m just not sure about it after reading your opinions and that we can use this as a learning lesson for those who don’t get it!  How could she not know that  Poles and Russians ,people with disabilities, communists ,socialists ,Jehovah Witnesses  ,Gay men , and black people were persecuted and how Americans ignored it. .
Hope not too OT 

• Love 1

I was just having a conversation about this topic before the Whoopi issue.  The issue goes to the way the Holocaust is taught in the US.  Most students are taught that Jews were persecuted by the Nazis.  But not that it was a form of racial cleansing or that Nazis considered Jewish people to be a race.  So when that part is left out, people in US assume its religious persecution.  I think this is for a lot of reasons but mainly due to the fact that Nazi ideology was screwed up and teachers feel uncomfortable elaborating on it. 

Also my guess is Jeff Zucker resigned because he didn't disclose his relationship.  A lot of times consensual relationships are okay as long as they are disclosed to HR.  He probably was mum about it

• Love 4

Before I do this big long post, something occurred to me about Whoopi's suspension.

I wonder if ABC wanted to enroll Whoopi in some sort of Holocaust education, like I think the ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt mentioned on Tuesday's episode of The View, and if she refused. 

If Whoopi refused (and she might), that might explain why she was suspended despite offering what seemed like a sincere and full apology on the air.

General Hospital fans might know what I'm talking about, but I'm pretty sure a couple years ago, ABC put Nancy Lee Grahn through some sort of racial sensitivity training, after Nancy tweeted many (drunken, imo) inappropriate reactions to Viola Davis's Emmy speech.

2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

This I’m just not sure about it after reading your opinions and that we can use this as a learning lesson for those who don’t get it!  How could she not know that  Poles and Russians ,people with disabilities, communists ,socialists ,Jehovah Witnesses  ,Gay men , and black people were persecuted and how Americans ignored it. .
Hope not too OT 

Wait. What?

Where did you get that Whoopi doesn't know all the groups of people the Nazis marked for genocide, in addition to Jewish people? 

None of that is what got Whoopi suspended, and I'm pretty sure people who would love to see her fired will back me up, here.

It is a 6+ minute segment. Whoopi didn't get in trouble, or even have much to say (other than introducing the topic), until after four and a half minutes in.

Watch it for yourself. She said NONE of the things you indicated above. None of them.

She also didn't deny the Holocaust. Like her co-hosts, she was incensed that schools were pulling Maus from the curriculum, because she thinks the Holocaust needs to be taught.

What she got in trouble for was saying the Holocaust isn't about race.

And she said that because she was thinking of race in terms of the kind of racism we primarily talk about in North America  -- skin-color-based.

She was either forgetting, or didn't think about how the Nazis wanted to build a so-called "master race" and purge all the "races" of people they deemed as sub-human (Jews, Slavs, intellectually disabled, LGBT, etc.) from the population.

Later Monday afternoon, Whoopi taped that night's episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, which I include here, because Whoopi's talked to Stephen about what happened on that day's episode of The View

That night, she tweeted an apology for what she said on The View. She wrote it after she taped Colbert, but before it aired.

And you can tell, in the Colbert segment, Whoopi's conception of race is so American, and so cemented in her mind, that she doesn't understand that all concepts of race are social constructs.

In other words to her, race is some kind of fact, rather than a definition understood and agreed upon in advance, and to her real race is: Black, White, Asian, Native American (and whatever else she thinks fills that slot).

Stephen had already explained to her that race, as we commonly, currently talk about it in the US, is a result of a construct that began in the Colonialist era, but I don't even think that she understood why he was telling her that. She really could have used a lesson as explicit as you might give a K-12 age student, like:

1. Race is not a real, biological fact (Whoopi would actually groove on that idea, I think)

2. Race is a social construct that categorizes human beings based on some shared qualities. Often, these shared qualities have a genetic/biological component, but not exclusively, and not always.

4. A social construct is an idea that a group of people, i.e. a society, create and then agree on as to its meaning.

5. In our society (North America, and much of Western Europe, particularly UK and former/current UK Commonwealth countries), our racial construct is a product of colonialism, and it looks like this, and is like [and so on].

6. In the Nazi philosophy, and in their society, their construct was based on the pseudoscience referred to as "scientific" racism, or "biological racism," and [and so forth].

She said the "Nazis lied about race" because she doesn't understand race is a defined concept and not some sort of 2+2=4 fact.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 2/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, debbie311 said:

I think Tara talks too much.  She takes over the conversation. 

Same today. I'm not a fan, but since she was on when all this controversy was going on, her three shows went by much quicker.

I agree with Sunny on Jeong and Thicke walking off. The Masked Singer is going down the same road as Dancing With the Stars... And I was happy that Joy asked Tara to be more specific about Giuliani's wrongdoing for the audience's sake; leaving it vague like that makes it come across more like a general sense of dislike rather than being driven by facts. Joy has always been great at moderating, more in the vein of Meredith.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I need to splash around in the shallow end of the pool for a bit.

Acknowledging we're too hard on women, judge them too often by their wardrobe and appearance, and that Sunny Hostin is both a smart cookie and a beautiful woman, with a figure I find enviable, I just want to say...

Sunny, what the hell is this dress? 

Did someone reassign The Daughter's wardrobe person to you, lady? It does you no favors.

(I thought she looked pregnant at first.)

sunny1.jpg

sunny 2.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2