Type keyword(s) to search

Loren & Alexei: After the 90 Days

• Start Topic

On 2/2/2023 at 10:55 PM, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

I must be in the minority but I actually like that spoiled Lauren isn’t getting her way. I remember back to when the show first started and she would treat her parents horribly. They still helped her anytime she needed it including with her kids. She needs to understand that her parents reaction is out of hurt and not anger even though that’s how it’s being expressed. I’m a grandparent and would be devastated if my husband and I were helping out and spending pretty consistent time with my grands and our daughter move them halfway across the world into a country that’s constantly at war. Hell even Lauren doesn’t want them to have dual citizenship because she doesn’t want them to be required to serve the required military time. 

I’m with you.  Lauren is very spoiled.  She thinks it’s an honor for her parents to watch her kids.  Like it automatically expected.  I can’t stand her voice anymore.  She doesn’t shut up.  Anyhow, I had three kids.  My Mother told me from Day one, she would only watch my kids if we had to go to a Funeral or Wedding.  She had three and worked so I didn’t blame her.  I babysat my four grands, but not the last two.  Too exhausting.  It was hello, play or give a bottle and change a diaper, then goodbye.  I felt like I needed oxygen.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

The mother is awful! I loved how Alexei stuck up for Loren - she refused to get what he was saying but I thought it was really clear what he meant.  He was asking why she had to "punish" or cause Loren to be stressed right until the shower.  The mother said that was the point that she wanted to make Loren stressed or cause her some kind of discomfort and he was asking why she would do that to her daughter?  I have to agree with him - what mother sits there saying she wants to cause her  adult child to hurt for months over some sort of disagreement they had?  The mother stated that she wanted that and he wanted to know why she always according to him doing this to Loren? I noticed that Loren looked afraid to say anything to the mother herself which is not right either but is what her mother wanted - for Loren to grovel or bow to her.  I hope they do move to Israel and Loren shows them that she is capable of surviving without them.  It will be very good for all of them. I also noticed that neither parent expressed sadness over not seeing the boys for months - I hope Loren and Alexei noticed that too ! 

Did Loren know that she was having a girl?   She probably needs some new things if so especially since it is a girl and she never had a baby shower! Why shouldn't she get at least one baby shower in her lifetime?  I like Loren - she is very sweet and love her smile!! (tic or not - she is beautiful inside and it shows on the outside) 

Edited by Witchz
spelling - of course.
  • Like 11

I remember a time when Loren was not sure about having a baby because she was afraid that her Tourette's could be passed down to the children, she talked about it to her in-laws and parents...I guess she is not to worried about that now.

Any bets on her having a fourth child?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And there is that.  I have been invited to a sprinkle for a second child but I guess when it is a girl and the other babies are boys maybe some girly things as gifts is what to give the baby.

If that was the case, Loren should have found out she was having a girl so she could justify a gift grab. 

Thanks for reminding me about the Jewish supersititon of not getting baby gifts before birth. I know I've heard that before on the show, maybe it was Ariella? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I think Alex was spot on in what he said to Marlene. Was she being purposely obtuse?

I know some people don't like Loren, but I've always liked her. I don't think she's overly spoiled. Two kids, soon three, at those ages are a lot of work. I like Alex a lot, too. And I'm feeling better about her dad. Marlene, not so much, because she really needed to grasp what Alex was saying.

I also suspect the whole story line was rigged. It seemed like this was the season finale, and everyone put away their differences pretty conveniently. Although if it was set up, they all do a decent acting job.

Edited by JeanJean
adding something
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

I think Alex was spot on in what he said to Marlene. Was she being purposely obtuse?

I know some people don't like Loren, but I've always liked her. I don't think she's overly spoiled. Two kids, soon three, at those ages are a lot of work. I like Alex a lot, too. And I'm feeling better about her dad. Marlene, not so much, because she really needed to grasp what Alex was saying.

I also suspect the whole story line was rigged. It seemed like this was the season finale, and everyone put away their differences pretty conveniently. Although if it was set up, they all do a decent acting job.

I totally agree and wonder how much was producer driven but Loren did seem genuinely taken aback when they appeared.  But why were they late, was that part of Marilyn’s point?  She really thinks too highly of herself.  I was glad that Alex wasn’t buying her olive branch and had the guts to call her out on her power play.  Her terms, her way, not nice, she is too controlling and hurtful.

Edited by endure
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I remember a time when Loren was not sure about having a baby because she was afraid that her Tourette's could be passed down to the children, she talked about it to her in-laws and parents...I guess she is not to worried about that now.

Any bets on her having a fourth child?

I hope she isn’t that stupid to take a risk like that, but if she's like her Mum, she might ~ just to make a point!

Edited by endure
OMG my grammar!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Basically nothing was resolved with the surprise shower visit. Marlene whispering to Loren to stop being a bitch while hugging her (another passive aggressive move) shows nothing got through to her. Omg does this woman take accountability for anything she says or does? Was there any apology for telling your pregnant daughter that you would slap her if the camera's weren't there? 

Alexi is a good guy. He will stand behind his wife and support no matter what. Nobody is perfect but she's damn lucky to have him. 

Does the sister ever speak or is she getting paid for following her parents around just for the heck of it? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I noticed that the finale will be next week with the actual birth of their daughter, Ariel!

I love the family and find all of them quite "relatable."☺️

Wonder if the show will be renewed next year? 

I follow Loren on Instagram and she's quite a powerful "influencer" with all the products and services she shills, presumably for a fee and/or free merchandise.

The infant is now 5 mos old and they seem very ensconced in their Florida home and lifestyle.  Nothing about moving to Israel is mentioned.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
11 hours ago, Quof said:

Well, they haven't shown themselves to be well informed, or careful, about contraception. 

And Alexei wants more kids so it's not like they've agreed to stop even though Loren wanted him to get a vasectomy. 

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

And Alexei wants more kids so it's not like they've agreed to stop even though Loren wanted him to get a vasectomy. 

IMO, having 3 kids under 3 (or maybe Shai is 3???) is sufficient for Loren, and I can't blame her for stating that that's IT for her, regardless of what Alex says.  After all, it's HER body that has dealt with 3 difficult pregnancies, so there's that.

I think they're both in their 30's now, so they'll presumably see how their family functions in the years ahead and make the decision whether to have a 4th child then.  However, for the foreseeable future, maybe Loren will have an effective birth control device paced inside her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Shai will turn 3 this April and Loren is 34

3 under 3 seems sufficient for Loren and Alex to handle for now and if things change, there is still time (maybe when all the kids are in school full-time) to expand their family.

I must say, I enjoy watching their relationship and how devoted and "hands-on" both parents are with their precious, adorable children.

As an aside, I always wondered what type of work Alex does, if anyone knows???

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

As an aside, I always wondered what type of work Alex does, if anyone knows???

He was a medic in Israel so he was able to use that training to work as a paramedic in the US during the Covid lockdown. He's also been a full time manager at the Invicta Watch Group warehouse since 2017. Plus he has income from the show and from making Cameos. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Come on- don't we have any sleiths here who can dig up Marlene's wedding photos or at least pix of her when she was young? I'm really curious to see what she looked like. I think Loren is very pretty 

I couldn't find any old photos of Bryan and Marlene (Goldstone) but I did find her mother's obviously touched up realtor headshot. I think Loren resembles her in having prominent eyes but Marlene has jowls and very deep frown lines (edited out of this photo) instead of Loren's nice smile. Edited to add a second almost unrecognizable photo: 

image.png.aa0439691cb99f0be309cd9b81b9b4f4.pngimage.png.87fcec43de40f0d26fbffd7e88c95564.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Does the sister ever speak or is she getting paid for following her parents around just for the heck of it? 

I was curious how old the sister is???  She seems to dwell with the parents but it's not clear what her status is regarding school/work.

I know that Loren is 34 y.o. so I wonder if the sister is near that age or many years younger.

• Like 2
On 2/13/2023 at 6:47 PM, magemaud said:

If that was the case, Loren should have found out she was having a girl so she could justify a gift grab. 

Thanks for reminding me about the Jewish supersititon of not getting baby gifts before birth. I know I've heard that before on the show, maybe it was Ariella? 

Showers do seem like counting your chickens before they hatch.  

20 hours ago, endure said:

But why were they late, was that part of Marilyn’s point?

Also the dad talked them into that and they never acknowledged his role as peacemaker.

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Marlene whispering to Loren to stop being a bitch

I can’t imagine ever referring to a family member as a bitch (especially to their face).

6 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Nothing about moving to Israel is mentioned.  

In the preview they said they put it on the back burner.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Come on- don't we have any sleiths here who can dig up Marlene's wedding photos or at least pix of her when she was young? I'm really curious to see what she looked like. I think Loren is very pretty 

Loren's been pregnant or post-pregnant  for so many years that when they show a photo of her before the babies, it's surprising. But always I think she's lovely.

• Like 3
On 2/13/2023 at 11:38 PM, endure said:

She really thinks too highly of herself.  

This is the main problem with Marlene.  What ARE her redeeming personality qualities?  Doesn't she watch herself on this show...or read the comments about herself?  Are ANY positive?

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

This is the main problem with Marlene.  What ARE her redeeming personality qualities?  Doesn't she watch herself on this show...or read the comments about herself?  Are ANY positive?

Here's a link to Marlene's Instagram account, she cannot miss the comments.  But often people like her never get it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci8z0v8ICKp/?hl=en

14 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

There's one on here....

https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-lorens-parents-bryan-marlene-goldstone/

Edited by endure
  • Like 1
On 2/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Showers do seem like counting your chickens before they hatch.  

Also the dad talked them into that and they never acknowledged his role as peacemaker.

I can’t imagine ever referring to a family member as a bitch (especially to their face).

In the preview they said they put it on the back burner.

My guess is Israel went on the "back burner" once TLC told them they weren't going to continue their show in ISRAEL.  I get the visits but the whole LIVING there wouldn't be economically feasible.

• Like 6
42 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

My guess is Israel went on the "back burner" once TLC told them they weren't going to continue their show in ISRAEL.  I get the visits but the whole LIVING there wouldn't be economically feasible.

I don't think living in Israel was ever on the burner!  The trip and the argument was just the season content!  I think it was an interesting choice for episodes!

Did I read somewhere they're renewed for another season?

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think living in Israel was ever on the burner!  The trip and the argument was just the season content!  I think it was an interesting choice for episodes!

Did I read somewhere they're renewed for another season?

I'm sure you did!  They'll have a new bigger house next season is my guess.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, Midwestern Lady said:

I like this couple.  Alexi seems like the rare, mature man that we don't see on these shows.   He stuck up for his lovely wife.  He didn't scream, be drunk or threaten to fight people.   Are  we sure this is TLC? 

Alexi stumbled into the wrong show; he seems too well adjusted for TLC.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 2/14/2023 at 9:26 PM, pdlinda said:

I know that Loren is 34 y.o. so I wonder if the sister is near that age or many years younger.

Sources say Rebecca is 32 and has a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education (not sure if she does anything in that field or not since the info is from 2016) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I think you have a very compelling point!  Glad it worked out that way because there are more than enough story lines with the three beautiful children under the age of 3 to keep the show running for quite awhiile!

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Sources say Rebecca is 32 and has a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education (not sure if she does anything in that field or not since the info is from 2016) 

So at 32 she still lives home with mom and dad???

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

That doesn't surprise me nowadays, but just because she's often filmed at her parents' house doesn't mean she still lives there. 
(but I just read that she does live with her parents.) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
On 2/15/2023 at 8:24 PM, goofygirl said:

I'm sure you did!  They'll have a new bigger house next season is my guess.

And a family trip to Disneyworld with the three Brokids three and under 🥹

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 2/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, magemaud said:

(but I just read that she does live with her parents.) 

To Loren's credit, despite what seem to be deficits in behavior and actions of her outspoken parents and lackluster sister, she has achieved (in addition to managing her Tourette's)  a healthy, loving relationship with her husband, being a hands-on mom with their 3 beautiful  children, and having a career (as a social media influencer) that brings added revenue and personal satisfaction to her. 

She presents as a lovely, accomplished "go-getter" growing in confidence and awareness to achieve a level of success that is quite remarkable, in spite of (not because of) her "family" background.

I'll leave the obvious attractiveness of Loren, Alex and the children, when compared to the rest of her immediate family, for others to comment upon, should anyone choose to do so.😉

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I’m just not impressed with storylines that portray meanness and cruelty from family members to other family members.  I don’t know if it’s real or contrived for filming purposes, but to me it doesn’t matter.  If you allow that narrative to go out into the world as if it’s true, then that’s on you.  You are putting it out into the world as true.  It shows that you approve of being treated unfairly and that you consent to that treatment by family members that some might consider abusive. Are they that poor that they feel compelled to do it for money?  I find it distasteful.  I’ve seen that kind of thing before and I just can’t stomach it. (The Kardashians portrayed Scott as mean, violent and abusive on their show.  Was it true?  Idk, but to me they approved so they are responsible.)   And, to act later that it doesn’t matter?  No, it doesn’t work for me.  

And acting like modeling is good for toddlers? Really?  I don’t get it. I get the idea that Loren is desperate for notoriety.  Or maybe, she’s looking for content for the show.  Idk.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Was sure good to hear Alex backing down completely about having any more kids especially considering all the issues Loren has had with her pregnancies.  He didn't say if he would get snipped and nor did she say if she had her tubes tied so hope we don't hear she's pg again next month!  And of course her mother is still standing her ground on her strange behaviour and feeling totally justified,

• Like 9
On 2/14/2023 at 2:26 PM, pdlinda said:

<snip>

I think they're both in their 30's now, so they'll presumably see how their family functions in the years ahead and make the decision whether to have a 4th child then.  However, for the foreseeable future, maybe Loren will have an effective birth control device paced inside her.

I've never known anyone who has such horrific pregnancy experiences as Loren. WHY would she even consider ever going through it again - they are all the same -pain, mega anxiety, health problems, long stays in NICU. I Iike Alexi, but his insistence on multiple children, knowing the hell Loren will go through, shows he can be very heartless and lacking in empathy. After the second one, I would have had my tubes tied if he refused a vasectomy. Take control of your own body Loren. You are more than a broodmare.

Edited by Rebky
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

I’m guessing Loren had her tubes tied after this pregnancy.  She has the medical problems and the danger is to her.  If he was going to have it done he had nine months he could have done that.

I would never stand around waiting for a man trying to decide would he  get snipped if my life and the life of another child could be on the line!

Let him decide something else like green beans or carrots for dinner!

I am woman hear me roar!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Get that all the trash shows I love are scripted, but there was a lot of honest emotion in the birth episode. Really felt the stress and fear especially in Loren. And calling major shenanigans on the estrangement storyline of Loren's parents. I kept thinking who is watching her little boys when she's on bed rest and in hospital. Assume it's her parents. 

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, BAForever said:

I kept thinking who is watching her little boys when she's on bed rest and in hospital. Assume it's her parents. 

Isn't this months after the Israel trip and after the families had "made up"?  Of course  her parents are watching the boys--wanting to PROVE that Production, Loren, and Alexei can't get along without them.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, Rebky said:

I Iike Alexi, but his insistence on multiple children, knowing the hell Loren will go through, shows he can be very heartless and lacking in empathy.

Didn't his attitude change drastically when approaching and assisting in the birth of their daughter?  I think both of them also wanted a little girl.  Alexei also seems contented with "done."  If he starts making "new baby" noises, there's a lot of video to remind him otherwise.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 2/21/2023 at 4:10 PM, endure said:

He didn't say if he would get snipped and nor did she say if she had her tubes tied so hope we don't hear she's pg again next month!

Odd that she said she got pregnant right after having the last one as if they had no control over the situation.

• Like 1

"They say you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding."   

They're wrong, and anyone with half a brain would have had the discussion with their OB at their first post-partum visit "What are my options for contraception?"   Wasn't she still breastfeeding #1 when she got pregnant with #2?   

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Quof said:

"They say you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding."   

They're wrong, and anyone with half a brain would have had the discussion with their OB at their first post-partum visit "What are my options for contraception?"   Wasn't she still breastfeeding #1 when she got pregnant with #2?   

Probably!  🙄

• Like 1
On 2/16/2023 at 10:01 PM, pdlinda said:

I think you have a very compelling point!  Glad it worked out that way because there are more than enough story lines with the three beautiful children under the age of 3 to keep the show running for quite awhiile!

I thought it was a little odd that she still live with them especially since they live in a condo. a little cramped I would think. Do we know if she has a full time job?

Also, the one episode where Marlene, Bryan and Rebecca were having dinner and Bry says "I had coffee w/ our daughter" and Mar says "our other daughter"  and Bry points to Rebeccah and "this is our daughter. The other one is your daughter." I was confused. Is Loren Marlene's daughter from a previous marriage?

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, applewood said:

I thought it was a little odd that she still live with them especially since they live in a condo. a little cramped I would think. Do we know if she has a full time job?

Also, the one episode where Marlene, Bryan and Rebecca were having dinner and Bry says "I had coffee w/ our daughter" and Mar says "our other daughter"  and Bry points to Rebeccah and "this is our daughter. The other one is your daughter." I was confused. Is Loren Marlene's daughter from a previous marriage?

I think oi' Bry was trying to be a comedian. Saying that since Lauren was her mother's bitchy clone that she was her daughter. Bry isn't as witty as he thinks he is.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, applewood said:

I think Bryan favors Loren. When they had coffee he said they used to talk every day. 

Marlene could have held out forever but Bryan missed his daughter. 

I think both girls share both parents. 

• Like 2