Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 12/28/2023 at 7:04 PM, LunaValerion said:

Hello, all. Seeing some early reports that Chandi has won Pro Bowl. Can anyone confirm or deny? 

It was just announced! 
Congrats to Chandi - she will shine 🌟

• Like 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, MirabelMadrigal said:

Anyone know of any DCC retirements, now that the football season is over? (other than Chandi and Kelcey I assume, since they're 5th years).

Announced retirements are: McKenzie, Darian, Chandi, and Kelcey. 

There is a lot of speculation around all the "bubble" 4th years  retiring together. Darian had made a comment in an IG video that they were all retiring except for 1 or maybe 2. 
3rd year speculation is Jensen and maybe Kleine.

It seems like the past couple years we didn't know for sure until auditions. I much prefer the years when football season would end and a DCC would post their retirement, no veil of secrecy. 

Victoria, KayDianna, Kelee, Zoe, and Reece have all said they are returning.

• Like 2

The question is we should be asking is where was the security for the cheerleaders from the Cowboys? Why are they tolerating this why doesn’t the section have their own security? They know of what happened on the touchdown Terrace that cause them to quit having cheerleaders up there. They simply are being reactive not proactive. Let’s do better by the Cheerleaders!

• Like 9
56 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Why are they tolerating this

Charlotte is a woman who has a daughter, I would hope she would say something...but obviously I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 4
On 1/20/2024 at 3:45 PM, go4luca said:

So where was the security for the cheerleaders when this happened?

(not doubting Darian or Jensen - just want to know).

I mean isn’t this the sort of thing that had the cheerleaders removed from the TD decks after the first couple of seasons in AT&T Stadium? They only moved back there because of the pandemic restrictions keeping them off the field. It’s disappointing but unfortunately not surprising when you see how close the fans come to these women. 

• Like 1
(edited)

From Pro Bowl. Someone on Reddit commented that there is a still where Chandi looked like she got punched in the head. haha it really does! 😂 

image.png.3982d317bdab9b3193c502abb0e1ff86.png

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 3
On 1/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, cherryblossom said:

They know of what happened on the touchdown Terrace that cause them to quit having cheerleaders up there. 

On 1/22/2024 at 10:14 PM, edie3 said:

What happened? 

Can anyone fill us in on what happened on the touchdown decks????

On 1/20/2024 at 11:45 PM, go4luca said:

So where was the security for the cheerleaders when this happened?

(not doubting Darian or Jensen - just want to know).

Funny thing was, when the show was on there was a scene where the group was moving from stadium to the outside deck and there was like 4/5 security and I remember that scene because of the security guy was a short guy who fell down when he was running up that stairs.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:42 AM, ByTor said:

Charlotte is a woman who has a daughter, I would hope she would say something...but obviously I'm not holding my breath.

Are we talking about the same Charlotte who practically did fuck all when 4 of the girls was upset that someone stuck a camera in their locker room and they didn’t do anything until there was a lawsuit or so? 

chances are Charlotte don’t care much. Or that’s the vibe she’s giving.

Whens pro bowl guys? Weirdly I got told it’s tonight, or there are advertisement for it being tonight but looks like the pro bowl cheerleaders/match was performed last week? I thought the cheerleaders perform the actual pro bowl show? Or did I miss something? Cos Chandi also sounds like she’s not there anymore etc, judging by her ig?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Funny thing was, when the show was on there was a scene where the group was moving from stadium to the outside deck and there was like 4/5 security and I remember that scene because of the security guy was a short guy who fell down when he was running up that stairs.

Are we talking about the same Charlotte who practically did fuck all when 4 of the girls was upset that someone stuck a camera in their locker room and they didn’t do anything until there was a lawsuit or so? 

chances are Charlotte don’t care much. Or that’s the vibe she’s giving.

Whens pro bowl guys? Weirdly I got told it’s tonight, or there are advertisement for it being tonight but looks like the pro bowl cheerleaders/match was performed last week? I thought the cheerleaders perform the actual pro bowl show? Or did I miss something? Cos Chandi also sounds like she’s not there anymore etc, judging by her ig?

Pro  bowl is over and done with !! Tonight is Super Bowl 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Pro  bowl is over and done with !! Tonight is Super Bowl 

Are they not the same thing? Correct me if I’m wrong I’m shit with sports!!!

(edited)
On 2/11/2024 at 2:41 PM, Uk-Eve said:

I'm late to the party with this, but I clearly remember one of the girls from several years back state that, when they made the trek from the field to the lockers rooms (and vice versa), one of the fans stated he'd like to rape one of the cheerleaders.  He said it loudly enough that many of the cheerleaders heard it and none of the security personnel did f*ck all about it.  IIRC, the cheerleader said that several of the other men either vocally agreed with the first fan or looked like they agreed with him. 

I could be misremembering part of it, but I clearly recall the girl talking about it because it rattled her pretty badly.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2

Did they stop sharing solo videos for WOC DCC on their IG, for Black History Month? The latest is a chat of retired and some current WOC cheerleaders. 

Their solos is one aspect I miss from their show! That, and getting to know the rookies! 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Did they stop sharing solo videos for WOC DCC on their IG, for Black History Month? The latest is a chat of retired and some current WOC cheerleaders. 

Their solos is one aspect I miss from their show! That, and getting to know the rookies! 

Not all the ladies got their solo videos posted a lot of them got videos of themselves talking about black history month and such 

Hey to all my Texas DCC fans! The ladies will be out at the colony in Plano tomorrow from 5 to 7 PM for Texas Independence Day celebration. I'm going, are you?

McKenzie getting VOTY tonight in addition to ROTY prior. What a great 4 year career, she was obviously a well loved team member. Great way to go out! She seems one of those who has post DCC life in her sights.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg

Sorry I tried getting the “spoiler”to delete but it won’t. 

Sorry I tried getting the “spoiler”to delete but it won’t. 

IMG_1597.jpeg

IMG_1596.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Looks like there are 11 retiring vets. Some a surprise, others not. Taken from the DCC Facebook account.

431280007_856242159847387_5590312904311940428_n.jpg

Gosh I'm gonna miss Claire and Zhenya the most.

In other news, I am shocked that Chandi is doing a 6th year. I'm guessing they asked her to do a 6th year since most of the group leaders are retiring. I love Chandi though so no complaints and it's the first 6th year vet since Jenna back in 2017.

Hopefully no vet cuts this year, although it looks like all the rookies are returning so they will be at least one vet cut from there since I don't think there's been a time in the history of DCC where all of the members of a rookie class become 2nd year vets. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I don't think there's been a time in the history of DCC where all of the members of a rookie class become 2nd year vets. 

There was one year I remember all rookies making it back, it was a class from an earlier Making the Team season.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

In other news, I am shocked that Chandi is doing a 6th year. I'm guessing they asked her to do a 6th year since most of the group leaders are retiring. I love Chandi though so no complaints and it's the first 6th year vet since Jenna back in 2017.

Hopefully no vet cuts this year, although it looks like all the rookies are returning so they will be at least one vet cut from there since I don't think there's been a time in the history of DCC where all of the members of a rookie class become 2nd year vets. 

My guess is TPTB asked a couple senior vets to return because they plan on trimming a rookie or two, and they didn't want a huge new rookie class of 14+. 

Chandi had a confirmed change of heart, she had made previous comments on social media where year 5 was her last. Jada is also rumored to have changed her mind about retiring, but she had never announced anything. 

I fully expect Chandi will be given co-point and group leader one since she is returning for year 6. ❤️🔥 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Whose in the black dress between Ellie and Rebecca?

I think Kelli said one year on MTT that it was the first time everyone made it back. Not sure if she was referring to rookies only or vets only or the entire team. Also not sure of the year; could have been 2010 or maybe 2011.

• Love 1
cm-soupsipper
This post was recognized by cm-soupsipper!

"Thank you for your respectful dialogue during a misunderstanding."

TheGenuineBeauty was awarded the badge 'Connector'

11 hours ago, ByTor said:

There was one year I remember all rookies making it back, it was a class from an earlier Making the Team season.

When I said "I don't think there's been a time in the history of DCC where all of the members of a rookie class become 2nd year vets.", I am also including rookies that retire or left due to injury after their first year as a DCC. I'm pretty sure that year that you are talking about had at least one girl that retired after one year. 

If we don't include girls who have retired after their rookie year, then yes it has happened before. Most recent being the 2021 rookie class becoming 2nd year vets without a vet cut (if we don't include Amber L who left due to injury)

Maybe this year, it'll be the year that we get to see all the girls become 2nd year vets, it's a small rookie class and there are 11 spots to fill excluding vet cuts so it could happen. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
cm-soupsipper
This post was recognized by cm-soupsipper!

"Thank you for your respectful dialogue during a misunderstanding."

ByTor was awarded the badge 'Connector'

6 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

When I said "I don't think there's been a time in the history of DCC where all of the members of a rookie class become 2nd year vets.", I am also including rookies that retire or left due to injury after their first year as a DCC. I'm pretty sure that year that you are talking about had at least one girl that retired after one year.

Yep, I misunderstood you! I imagine your scenario never happened.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Looks like the next year it will be:

Group leaders: Chandi, Armani, Jada, Megan

Seconds: Victoria and 3 others

Pretty underwhelming tbh…

It is most likely the final year for Chandi, Jada, and Armani. So they will want their 2nd group leaders to be mostly DCC that will return for the 2025 season.

There are whole bunch of possibilities. I don't disagree they will give VK a 2nd group leader spot unless she has conflicts with her other dance outlet.

Other likely contenders- Tori, KayDianna, Kelee, Amanda, Karley
Wild cards- Lea, Ashlinn, Kleine, Marissa.

My guesses -  based on height pairings:
Chandi/KD
Jada/ either Victoria or Tori
Megan/Kelee
Armani/Amanda

My guesses are usually wrong though!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

It is most likely the final year for Chandi, Jada, and Armani. So they will want their 2nd group leaders to be mostly DCC that will return for the 2025 season.

There are whole bunch of possibilities. I don't disagree they will give VK a 2nd group leader spot unless she has conflicts with her other dance outlet.

Other likely contenders- Tori, KayDianna, Kelee, Amanda, Karley
Wild cards- Lea, Ashlinn, Kleine, Marissa.

My guesses -  based on height pairings:
Chandi/KD
Jada/ either Victoria or Tori
Megan/Kelee
Armani/Amanda

My guesses are usually wrong though!

Here's my predictions! Not including any of the upcoming 3rd years since I don't know any of them:

Group 1: Chandi / KD

Group 2: Jada / VK

Group 3: Armani / Tori

Group 4: Megan Kelee

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Formation 1 prediction (not including any upcoming 3rd years):

Chandi

Megan          VK

Armani         Jada           KD

Formation 2 prediction (not including any upcoming 3rd years):

Megan

Chandi         KD

Armani       Jada         VK

32 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Here's my predictions! Not including any of the upcoming 3rd years since I don't know any of them:

Group 1: Chandi / KD

Group 2: Jada / VK

Group 3: Armani / Tori

Group 4: Megan Kelee

Pretty spot on and in line with my predictions as well. Both KD and Kelee have had leadership positions before (KD being captain of TCU Showgirls and Kelee being a line officer for the Rangerettes) also I'm pretty sure Tori owns a dance studio so she's good for teaching choreo to future TCCs. 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 1:36 PM, dccfan204 said:

Formation 1 prediction (not including any upcoming 3rd years):

Chandi

Megan          VK

Armani         Jada           KD

Formation 2 prediction (not including any upcoming 3rd years):

Megan

Chandi         KD

Armani       Jada         VK

Adding a few more rows...

Formation 1 prediction:

Chandi

Megan           VK

Armani         Jada           KD

Karley         Tori           Kelee       Ashlinn

Kleine         X            Sophy           X               Lea

Formation 2 prediction:

Megan

Chandi         KD

Armani        Jada          VK 

Karley         Tori         Kelee       Ashlinn

Kleine          X           Sophy           X              Lea

Edited by dccfan204
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/4/2024 at 5:46 PM, ByTor said:

I think that might have been season 4. I started watching in season 3, and the next year, Judy said it was rare all the vets made it back--but then, Amy R. was cut and there was no explanation on the show. Lots of discussion here about why. Maybe that's the year you are thinking of?

On 3/5/2024 at 11:15 AM, dccfan204 said:

Looks like the next year it will be:

Group leaders: Chandi, Armani, Jada, Megan

Seconds: Victoria and 3 others

Pretty underwhelming tbh…

I have the same picks for group leaders and I think it's a great group! Not that it has happened *yet, but have there been 3 Black G1 leaders at once before?

My picks for second leaders exclude Victoria. I am going with KayDianna, Kelee, Tori and Karley. Obviously, we never got a show featuring Karley, but she always catches my eye in videos they post and I often think she has triangle or point potential. So, I'm picking her as part of my imagined K & J strategy of getting at least one less-seasoned vet in leadership with an eye towards leadership continuity the next year.

For my two triangles, I currently am picking: 1) Chandi at point with Megan and Armani, with Jada behind point, and 2) Megan at point with Jada and Tori, with Victoria behind point. 

It's a great group of ladies retiring. I am more than ready for this maybe-Netflix show to give me new DCC content and feature some of my old faves still on the team and new dancers I know nothing about.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I think that might have been season 4. I started watching in season 3, and the next year, Judy said it was rare all the vets made it back--but then, Amy R. was cut and there was no explanation on the show. Lots of discussion here about why. Maybe that's the year you are thinking of?

That's gotta be it, because they only said that once as far as I remember.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I remember it so well because I was new to the show and I was so confused by the editing in season 4. Judy bragged about all the vets making it back and then one (Amy) was missing at the end, and there also was the clip of her saying she might have to pull a veteran right before the first game--and then that never got explained who she might even mean. I hadn't found the other forum yet so I was lost about all of it at the time.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Lauren Castillo was cut in season 4 (2009) because she was a rookie in season 3 (2008). Lauren then went on to make the 2009-10 Mavs dancers.

• Useful 1

Pretty sure it was season 5. They made a point to replay Judy saying that every veteran has made it back on the "previously on making the team" package, because that episode they called a bunch of veterans into the office for weight gain: Kaitlyn, Meredith, Megan, Jordan, and rookie Stephanie. 

• Like 2

I'll take anyone's word for it, With the exception of seasons 1, 2, and 7 I can't remember what season number is what to save my life 😂 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
On 3/11/2024 at 7:32 PM, WenD08 said:

Or was it Season 5?  I remember this being said and I’m thinking this was the season in question. 

Definitely Season 5.  That particular episode came on today where Judy stated such after finals ended.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, WenD08 said:

Definitely Season 5.  That particular episode came on today where Judy stated such after finals ended.

Thanks for confirming! I guess thanks to Pluto, we've seen the episodes so many times that we remember what was said but not necessarily when it was said. At least that's true for me.

• Like 2