Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

You know those co-workers who get a little more familiar than they should?

I watch a local radio show on YouTube, and they were talking about this earlier today.  The "official" statement was that this was a bit the guys were acting out, but the radio personalities didn't believe that for a second, and neither do I!!   I don't know the guy's name (the "Easter service" suit), but he sure looked pissed when he came back from break.  The other guy should've never, ever, ever made the comment he did.  Awkward, for sure! 

• Love 3

Super-early picks for Week 13 brought to you by Buckeye State: Ohio University, Miami of Ohio, and Mississippi (better known as Ole Miss)

Eleventh Hour predictions for the 4th CFB Playoff rankings (just the top half)...

1-6: Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, TCU, LSU, USC
7-12: Clemson, Alabama, Oregon, Penn State, Utah, Kansas State

These predictions are just that.  Not a spoiler.  I don't see them until Rece Davis does

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Carey said:

The 4th CFB Playoff Rankings: Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, TCU, LSU, and USC

I don't understand how a 2 loss LSU team is ranked higher than a surging USC?  Was USC's schedule rank lower?

Is the Alabama win really that big of a deal, considering their schedule and losses?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

I don't understand how a 2 loss LSU team is ranked higher than a surging USC?  Was USC's schedule rank lower?

Is the Alabama win really that big of a deal, considering their schedule and losses?

Yes, the committee said that LSU's marquee wins > USC 's. Plus, they're concerned with USC's defense. It looks like the Trojans are going to have to impress against Notre Dame and dominate the Pac 12 championship to pass LSU. 

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, the committee said that LSU's marquee wins > USC 's. Plus, they're concerned with USC's defense. It looks like the Trojans are going to have to impress against Notre Dame and dominate the Pac 12 championship to pass LSU. 

Unless LSU wins the SEC, I don’t see how you can put them in over a PAC 12 champ USC (assuming they win the PAC 12).  In that case, then GA should still be in the playoffs, and then you have the potential for two B1G and two SEC, if the UX/tOSU game is close.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

Unless LSU wins the SEC, I don’t see how you can put them in over a PAC 12 champ USC (assuming they win the PAC 12).  In that case, then GA should still be in the playoffs, and then you have the potential for two B1G and two SEC, if the UX/tOSU game is close.

Assuming people win, Georgia will still be in the playoff if LSU beat them in 10 days.  I don't really think you're getting both Ohio State and Michigan in.  Michigan could backdoor with an OSU loss in the B1G title game, but they'll need big time help elsewhere.

LSU has the wins to qualify, with an SEC title.  USC sorta doesn't as mentioned.  Michigan doesn't either so they need to win out.  OSU same for the most part

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Xichigan could backdoor with an OSU loss in the B1G title game, but they'll need big time help elsewhere.

No, TTUN has a schedule rank in the 75%.  There’s no way TTUN would get in over LSU or USC or TSU - assuming they win out.

The ND win helps tOSU.  If USC loses a game or the PAC-10, if TCU loses, and if LSU beats GA, it’s likely tOSU gets in even with a loss to TTUN (as long as it’s not a blowout).  Clemson has a very weak schedule and even an ACC win over UNC won’t help them.  Not to mention the loss to ND was bad.

ITA roamyn.  Even though Michigan losing would be a loss on the road without its star RB, a healthy version of him, it's over unless they're undefeated heading into 12/04/22.  I'm just mentioning a result to get a Big 10 team in; no way should both Ohio State and that other team get in.  The 12-team expansion isn't here yet. More on that later.

Clemson might be okay, but only if they win out AND if Notre Dame crushes USC.  I'd put a SEC Winner in LSU over Clemson anytime, but LSU still lost twice, including to Tennessee.  Clemson has been a decent program, which is an issue.  The committee, who states that they focus on the things week by week, sorta reward the Tigers off of past glory.  Clemson has won more than anyone but Bama, but that shouldn't mean a pass to the playoff unless people in front of them fall.  Heck, even Alabama might get in before them (which they won't but they are ahead of them in the rankings).

The committee is faced with chaos nonetheless, though if TCU loses, it might make things easy

• Love 2

Week 13 picks:: Cincinnati, Texas, UNC, UCLA, FSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Kentucky, Oregon State, Alabama, TCU, Penn State, Utah, LSU, UCF, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Kansas State, Miami, Washington

And some odds...

Ohio State favored by 7.5 and O/U is 56.5.  OSU outright; Under

Alabama favored by 22.5 and O/U is 49.5.  Auburn & the points here, under hits

USC favored by 5.5.  Over/under is 64.5. Notre Dame wins outright.  Over does NOT hit

So I'll actually be pissed if USC wins, but only because I went against them.  Other than that, a great day for the Pac 12 if USC survives and again next week.  I wonder if Bama will pass on their bowl, mainly just Young & Anderson.  Michigan might never win in Columbus again

Mississippi St wins the Egg Bowl, 24-22, exciting game, Ole Miss just collapsed in November, I don’t think anyone saw it coming that they would finish 8-4, and Miss St finishes with the same record. Will be interesting to see what bowls they wind up in. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have no affinity to B1G and also no dog in this fight, but I did love Robert Smith when I was in high school, and I usually root for the home team, but also I have no ill will toward Michigan’s football team, so I guess I am rooting for a good close game that allows Gus Johnson to freak the fuck out at least once.

• Love 1

Ohio St up 20-17 on Michigan, exciting game, I think Ohio St will win as they have a more explosive offense, a slightly more talented team and are at home. I’m hoping the Buckeyes win as I hate Jim Harbaugh, he’s a jackass, and I think Michigan would get their ass kicked in the playoffs just like they did last year.

GA Tech playing Georgia a lot better than I thought they would, as talented as the Dawgs are, they rarely blow teams out it seems. I still think they are the most talented team in CFB.

South Carolina keeping it close against Clemson, looking to pull off another upset after knocking Tennessee out of the playoff race last week. 

Down goes Clemson! South Carolina knocks a team out of playoff contention for the second week in a row. Thrilling game.

Georgia pulls ahead and defeats GA Tech by 23, Dawgs continue to look really strong all around.

Michigan up 15 on Ohio St with 4 and a half to go.

• Love 2

And Michigan is clobbering the Buckeyes now. Fuck it, jackass Harbaugh will make the playoffs again. Ohio St didn’t live up to their potential all season, especially on offense, I felt like they could’ve been a lot more dominant and just didn’t play up to their talent level, I’m not sure what their issue is but despite being unbeaten they just weren’t as impressive this season as last season, and they imploded in the second half today.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, twoods said:

Michigan may win it all this year. Blah.

They have a chance but I don’t think they’ll win it all - they got their asses kicked by the Dawgs last year in the semifinal, and this Michigan team isn’t as good on defense as last years Michigan team was IMO, plus their star RB Corum is banged up and I don’t know when he’ll be 100% again. I think Georgia would stomp them once again and I would pick TCU and USC to beat them as well. The Big 10 was very mediocre this season, and even Ohio St never played up to their potential. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Mean Machine said:

Not shocked at all about Ohio State losing.  I wonder if their fans will somehow blame it on Ted Ginn getting hurt on the opening play.  It was awesome seeing them lose, I hope they enjoy the Outback Bowl or the Citrus Bowl.

Ohio St will be heading to the Rose Bowl, I’m pretty sure of that. Ohio St was a disappointment this season, even winning 11 games they never looked very dominant and I think the Big 10 was just so mediocre and subpar this season that Michigan and Ohio St were able to run through it.

• Like 2

Oregon St comes back and beats Oregon 38-34!! Wow, what a game. So Oregon won’t be facing USC in the PAC 12 Title Game now.

Bama blows out Auburn, 10 wins for Bama once again, Bama has won at least 10 games in every season since 2008, that’s an amazing streak, they are the best dynasty CFB has ever seen.

TCU blowing out Iowa St, impressive performance, Horned Frogs will go unbeaten in the regular season and will face Kansas St or Texas next week for the BIG 12 Title. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

My niece (sophomore at Michigan) is happily celebrating with her BF and my sister in Jersey.

Congrats on the win!  Michigan didn't look too good in the first quarter, but they sure pulled it together and dominated the rest (or at least half) of the game!  

8 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Woo Hoo!!! Go Beavers!!!

We were rooting for the underdogs ourselves!  Great game!  

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Bama blows out Auburn, 10 wins for Bama once again, Bama has won at least 10 games in every season since 2008, that’s an amazing streak, they are the best dynasty CFB has ever seen.

Roll Tide!  So sad to see Bryce Young waving his goodbyes to the fans, but we wish him well. 

Although I'm not an Auburn fan, Mr. Chat & I like Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams because he was with the Bucs for several years.  It was good to see his enthusiasm with the Tiger players.  We respect and admire him.  It sounds like Auburn will hire Hugh Freeze, but I wonder if Cadillac will still have a place with Auburn.  

• Love 2

SC only gives up 7 in the first half. For a team whose defense has been maligned, that's a victory. Fight On! 

LSU just tied their game at 17. It's fun to watch these two games simultaneously as the teams battle for that last playoff spot. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Love 4

South Carolina was amazing last week and this week. They will be a formidable opponent next year (from a GA Bulldog).

Beamer Ball lives on…

Stunned that Ohio State lost and lost badly. My Brother-in-law and I were hoping for a meeting of our teams in the playoffs, but now it is not happening.

My hubby’s alma mater Purdue is actually going to the Big Ten Championship game.

Oregon and Bo Nix lost to Oregon State, another surprise.

What an exciting weekend of college football.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 2

Pitt up 28-0 on Miami in Miami right now!! “The U” is going to finish with a losing record and isn’t going to a bowl LOL. All of those talking heads who were convinced Miami was back before the season started and was going to win the Coastal and be a dominant team look stupid now. Miami is reaching Nebraska level status as a has been program that isn’t relevant anymore, and I’m fine with that.

USC up 31-14 on ND, dominant performance by the Trojans, and Caleb Williams has to be the Heisman favorite now if he plays well next week. USC is a very good team, I think they may be the second best team in CFB behind Georgia.

A&M up 3 TD’s on LSU, a good way to cap a bad season for A&M. I’m glad LSU is getting knocked out of the playoff race, Brian Kelly has always been an arrogant prick, fuck him. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

USC held the Irish to 27, and that last TD wasn't even contested. 

Nice win against a game opponent. 

Off to watch the Apple Cup to find out who the Trojans will play on Friday. If Washington wins, it's Utah. If Wazzu wins, Oregon backs in. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Love 1

I f*g hate Harbaugh.  I actually despise the man.

However, I'm angrier at the OSU defense and Ryan Day.  We've been on a downward track since the Northwestern Hurricane game.

Glad to see Clemson and LSU and Oregon bite it.  Good for Beamer ball, two big wins in a row.

But what happens should LSU win the SEC?  Does the committee really want a three loss champion in the Playoffs?  I would select Georgia (no matter if they win the SEC or not), TTUN (so I can see them get creamed again), TCU (providing they win the Big 12), and USC.  Right now, USC is the most exciting team.  Caleb Williams deserves that Heisman, as I see it right now.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, roamyn said:

I f*g hate Harbaugh.  I actually despise the man.

However, I'm angrier at the OSU defense and Ryan Day.  We've been on a downward track since the Northwestern Hurricane game.

Glad to see Clemson and LSU and Oregon bite it.  Good for Beamer ball, two big wins in a row.

But what happens should LSU win the SEC?  Does the committee really want a three loss champion in the Playoffs?  I would select Georgia (no matter if they win the SEC or not), TTUN (so I can see them get creamed again), TCU (providing they win the Big 12), and USC.  Right now, USC is the most exciting team.  Caleb Williams deserves that Heisman, as I see it right now.

The what game?

Oregon completely blew it. I stopped watching the game when they were up big so read about their mistakes. Why in the world would you go for it on your own 29? The Beavers were awful in their passing game so give them a long field to win the game. Now Utah is playing a pissed off USC team in the championship game. Hope it’s a better outcome than the last game.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

I agree with roaymn about loathing Jim Harbaugh, so I can never wish any good for him or his team. But I cannot stand OSU either!  

Wisconsin does not hire Jim Leonhard; instead Luke Fickell, current HC at Cincinnati and OSU alum, will be their next HC.  I wonder if Leonhard now looks to the NFL (he was offered the Packers defensive coordinator position in 2021 but chose to stay at Wisconsin) or if he will stick to college.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I agree with roaymn about loathing Jim Harbaugh, so I can never wish any good for him or his team. But I cannot stand OSU either!  

Wisconsin does not hire Jim Leonhard; instead Luke Fickell, current HC at Cincinnati and OSU alum, will be their next HC.  I wonder if Leonhard now looks to the NFL (he was offered the Packers defensive coordinator position in 2021 but chose to stay at Wisconsin) or if he will stick to college.  

I fucking hate Harbaugh as well, he’s a royal jackass, and Michigan is the one team I don’t want to win it all. I don’t mind OSU now that Urban Liar is gone, but I couldn’t stomach them when he was there. 

• Like 1

I hate Jim Harbaugh, too, but I hate everything about Ohio State, even without the loathsome Urban Meyer, thanks to that "THE Ohio State" tripe, so I'll take the Buckeyes suffering a bitter loss to their rival even if it means good things for Harbaugh.

The Pac-12 championship should be an epic game.  If USC can get revenge on the Utes next weekend, playoffs, baby (I've never been so excited for an Aggies victory in my life, but I was yeehawing all over the place when they knocked off LSU). 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I hate Jim Harbaugh, too, but I hate everything about Ohio State, even without the loathsome Urban Meyer, thanks to that "THE Ohio State" tripe, so I'll take the Buckeyes suffering a bitter loss to their rival even if it means good things for Harbaugh.

The Pac-12 championship should be an epic game.  If USC can get revenge on the Utes next weekend, playoffs, baby (I've never been so excited for an Aggies victory in my life, but I was yeehawing all over the place when they knocked off LSU). 

USC's place may not be that secure. tOSU was pretty close to them in the AP poll this week. It looks like a lot of voters think tOSU deserve that 4th spot. I'll be curious to see what the committee that matters thinks on Tuesday. 

Fight On! ✌️

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

USC's place may not be that secure.

I know, because the bias is real, so it magnifies actual strength of schedule issues.  But in a proper world, the Trojans are in the playoffs if they win the conference championship, so I've decided to go against every natural instinct I have and be positive for a week.  (I mean, just about this; I'm not having a personality transplant.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I know, because the bias is real, so it magnifies actual strength of schedule issues.  But in a proper world, the Trojans are in the playoffs if they win the conference championship, so I've decided to go against every natural instinct I have and be positive for a week.  (I mean, just about this; I'm not having a personality transplant.)

I agree with you, even being a Buckeye.  USC is just fun to watch right now.  Caleb Williams is exciting.  They also beat ND, but IMO they beat a better ND than the Buckeyes faced.

7 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

The what game?

Some media are calling it that because the wind was blowing at 45-50 mph, with gusts up to 60.  And there was torrential freezing rain.

Fineman has said that game should’ve never been played at that time, and he said others were of the same opinion.

tOSU won, but Stroud has only 77 yards due to the wind.  Ever since then, we’ve struggled.

• Like 1
  • Love 1