Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Carey said:

What if all the Bama players transferred to Michigan & all the Wolverine players moved to the Tide

Or better yet, tOSU gets the bulk of both?  😁

We've already got several AL ones.

• Like 1

I do have to check to see if the most recent format includes re-seeding.  What's ludicrous is if a 12 seed moves on to face a crap-ass conference winner whereas in a strong year with a 8 & 9 seed being great, they could move on to face the one seed & possibly upset them on a neutral field.  To which "people" would lump that in with actual unexpected wins in the history of sports.  Of course, that would feature a 4 seed, awful conference winner going on a run, avoiding adversity, winning the Natty, and people thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread.

If there's re-seeding, then I don't think it's a big deal.  TBH, even if there isn't, I'd be okay with it more often than not.  I don't imagine the ACC being a complete dumpster fire going forward.  We'll get some bad years but mostly, it'll be okay.  Pittsburgh & Clemson, who both lost a game or two in the previous 2 years, looked more than champions than Florida State.

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal since the winners of the opening round get another week on a neutral field.  I believe.  Personally, having one Group of Five team instead two isn't cool (only in seasons where there are 2 decent teams from the American or elsewhere)