Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

I would like to take this late opportunity to apologize to the Lord, whose name I took so dreadfully in vain, when KState blew their National Championship hopes in 1998 by losing the Big 12 Championship in OT to…another Texas team.

I was in fact so veryvery vulgar that I shocked a friend who was there.  “What do you even care??” I snarled. “You’re a fucking ATHEIST!!!

Anyway.

Revenge is a dish served cold, even if it’s not the same Texas team, but it’s Texas so who cares.

E-fucking-MAW, baby.  Even though it was never my school, it was my late father’s alma mater, and I grew up loving that place and those teams because he did.

Hey Dad!!!  I’m sure you were dancing in that end zone as Ty kicked the game-winner.  Love you always.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Xeliou66 said:

LOL why did Kirby go for 2 up 25 in the 4th?! That was a strange decision, but anyway, Georgia is stomping LSU.

Tulane/UCF is a good one, Tulane up 3.

Looks like they were going for an EVEN FIFTY.

The Bulldogs will be the first of 4 teams headed to College Football's National semi-final.  Georgia will be one of four teams headed into the 2022-2023 CFB Playoff with two wins away from obtaining that perfect 15-0 mark that eluded them a year ago.

By the way, that was an awesome opening from Jeff Probst.  A Survivor theme.  I would have loved an amazing race opening but that start was great!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

LOL why did Kirby go for 2 up 25 in the 4th?! That was a strange decision, but anyway, Georgia is stomping LSU.

For shits and giggles because there’s no way LSU is going to win this game.

• Fire 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I love watching Brian Kelly get his ass kicked, I’ve always thought he was a pompous jackass. I’m glad Georgia is stomping them. 

Technically, Georgia is going easy on LSU.  50 point may not sound like going easy on someone to most people, but 106 years ago, Georgia Tech put up around/over 50 points on someone.  In one quarter!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3

To be honest, this game might actually hurt Alabama.  I would not have helped them, but this awful looking team beat Bama.

I don't know how other fans of the 2021 Champs will care if they miss out tomorrow; hopefully ChitChat isn't too nervous!  From what I've seen, they'd be happy, acting like business is usual, or be MILDLY saddened but not crushed due to a down year for the best problem ever

• Love 3

Well Georgia is officially the SEC Champion and will likely be the #1 seed in the playoff.

Tulane beats UCF and is going to the Cotton Bowl, no one saw it coming that Tulane would be the best Group of 5 team.

• Love 2

I certainly wouldn’t be crushed if Alabama didn’t make it into the playoffs, but I definitely won’t pretend to be upset about it, either. 

As far as the SEC championship game “hurting” Bama, LSU scored almost the exact same points on GA that they did on Bama (30 vs 31). You could easily make the case that a still recovering Bryce Young is the reason our score wasn’t as high as UGA’s.

• Love 1

Uiagalelei is dog shit, I have a feeling UNC will win this game because they have a great QB while Clemson doesn’t.

Michigan quickly up on Purdue, I’m afraid the Boilermakers won’t be much competition for the Wolverines.

Man, these officials are horrible.  A lot of stoppages and several reviews, including right now

Edited.  To be fair, the refs can spell

Edited by Carey
Officials (plural). Official (Singular)
  • Love 2

Well, I am excited for my parents alma mater defeating TCU. That was an exciting game and TCU still deserves a spot in the playoff.

Utah beating USC - wow that was a game. Not a USC fan, but Caleb Williams playing through all that pain (and a leg that looked just wrong) was impressive.

Pleased that my Georgia Bulldogs won. LSU has an amazing talent in their backup QB - their backup QB is brilliant and LSU will be a force to be reckoned with for any competitors.

So now my hubby’s alma mater is playing against an amazing Michigan team but held their own in the first quarter (hubby stopped watching Purdue football years ago since it was depressing). I hope it continues to be an exciting game - while I’m sure Michigan will will, I am hoping for a really close game…

• Love 3

Cade Klubnik has replaced Uiagalelei and Clemson already looks much better, Klubnik is clearly a far superior QB, and Dabo is a dumbass for not benching Uiagalelei in favor of him, his ego clearly got in the way and it probably cost Clemson a shot at the playoff. Clemson up 21-7 now.

Michigan up 14-10, Purdue is hanging with them so far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

100% Xeliou.  Dabo's QB decision was a surprise.  Post Watson, he had a capable guy in 2017 in a decent year, and then continued success in 2018.  Without losing, Sweeney makes a QB change with Lawrence, and the rest is/or was history.  Unless it doesn't happen, I believe Clemson will be fine and a contender.  Still the second accomplished team in the CFB Playoff Era

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Carey said:

100% Xeliou.  Dabo's QB decision was a surprise.  Post Watson, he had a capable guy in 2017 in a decent year, and then continued success in 2018.  Without losing, Sweeney makes a QB change with Lawrence, and the rest is/or was history.  Unless it doesn't happen, I believe Clemson will be fine and a contender.  Still the second accomplished team in the CFB Playoff Era

Agreed, for some reason Dabo stayed with Uiagalelei even though he struggled, had he gone with Klubnik they would be playoff bound. I would be pissed if I were a Clemson fan, but they will probably be back in the playoff next year with Klubnik. 

• Love 3

We did, too!  Listening to him blather on why it’s so unfair the committee might count Bama’s losses as losses - poor baby. 🙄

Interesting that Ryan Day wasn’t interviewed.

• Love 3

To be fair, how many glorified National Championships does Ryan Day have.

Yeah, that was sorta unnecessary from Saban, and surprising that it happened on FOX.  They haven't had the super postseason in over a decade; not sure why they'd care.  Maybe that's the plan.

Coach Nick is a legend, to where there shouldn't even be a need to show up on television to "sway" the committee.  It'll happen or not with or without the begging.

Didn't mind the comments post Iron Bowl, but now what not needed

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m confused why FOX has Nick Saban on begging for a playoff spot?  Are they trying to influence the committee?

Wait, Nick Saban is acting like a smarmy, entitled asshole??

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47euns4wnbjtha4486fd

So. pathetic.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Carey said:

To be fair, how many glorified National Championships does Ryan Day have.

Yeah, that was sorta unnecessary from Saban, and surprising that it happened on FOX.  They haven't had the super postseason in over a decade; not sure why they'd care.  Maybe that's the plan.

Coach Nick is a legend, to where there shouldn't even be a need to show up on television to "sway" the committee.  It'll happen or not with or without the begging.

Didn't mind the comments post Iron Bowl, but now what not needed

Coach Nick is really a legend.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:
15 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Coach Nick is really a legend.

He's still an entitled asshole. 

I'd still choose him 11 times out of 10 within a selection of which current/former HC I'd bring to a big dinner before/after other festivities at the mansion before fuckin' losers like Art Briles and/or Hugh Freeze

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Clemson destroys UNC, very impressive performance by Clemson while the Tar Heels have fallen apart.

Michigan has it pretty much wrapped up against Purdue, and they will finish unbeaten, Big Ten champions and a lock for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed, for some reason Dabo stayed with Uiagalelei even though he struggled, had he gone with Klubnik they would be playoff bound. I would be pissed if I were a Clemson fan, but they will probably be back in the playoff next year with Klubnik. 

I can personally confirm on the pissed off part.  I root for Clemson because I have a fair number of family and friends who attended the school (plus I own and am currently wearing the most comfortable t-shirt ever made, with Clemson’s 2018 Natty plastered across it, and so any school that can license such top-quality merchandise is okay in my book).  The text chains tonight are pretty unhappy that it took Dabo so long to 86 DJ and more focused on that than the ACC championship win.

I’m kind of morbidly fascinated by the issue because like @Carey pointed out, Dabo has readily ditched the inferior QB before, so why not here?  What was different?  Dabo’s post-game interview included a dig at Klubnik, saying that they tried to do a QB switch in the ND game, but Klubnik wasn’t ready.  But I think he threw Klubnik in late in the game when things were going pear-shaped and pulled him out immediately after he made a mistake, so I wouldn’t really call that giving him a shot.  Oh well, it’s not really important to the playoff announcements tomorrow.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It should be Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Ohio State but we'll see.

That's what I'm going with.  Followed by Alabama, Tennessee, Utah, Kansas State and Penn State.  We'll know real soon

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TCU looked vulnerable yesterday and even without their star Michigan turned on the afterburners so that’s going to be a dicey game for the Horned Frogs.

If theOSU scores 30 on Georgia I’ll be shocked.

• Love 2

Well they got it right IMO, and I’m pleased with the matchups of Michigan vs TCU and Georgia vs Ohio St. I’m hoping for a Georgia/TCU title game, but I’m afraid it will be Georgia/Michigan, Michigan being without Corum does weaken them but TCU looked somewhat vulnerable while Michigan hasn’t lost a step so far without Corum. I think that should be a good matchup. Ohio St will really have to improve by a lot if they want to compete with Georgia, the Buckeyes have the talent to win but they’ve been very underwhelming on both sides of the ball. I want either Georgia or TCU to win it, if it came down to Michigan/OSU I would pull for the Buckeyes, fuck Harbaugh, I absolutely don’t want him to win it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Ah. So it is written. Now, my next question is, which game is going to be the bigger blowout and make people say, “Well, Bama should’ve been in it?”

To which I would say, "Trust the committee.  Bama would've been blown out by more than TCU and/or Ohio State."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Listening to Finebaum laugh at Saban’s antics last night, using whatever media outlook he could find, was truly amazing.

Finebaum said Saban’s reasonings were unsound and a joke.  He outright said Saban’s would be disappointed come this afternoon.  This, from the man that kisses Saban’s butt (or used to). 

This truly has been a weird season.

• Fire 1
  • Love 2

Come the fuck on

ETA: Look. Y’all didn’t want us in the top four. Fine. Okay. However, don’t piss on my leg, and tell me it’s raining.

I predict that Georgia will be OSU. Badly. I also predict that Michigan will beat TCU. Somewhat badly. Georgia/Michigan title game with UGA winning.
Edited by PepSinger
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Okay, they've finally got around to everything else.  Whatever.

It's no surprise, but the stalling to release the teams is unnecessary.  While it isn't imperative, ESPN could "borrow" from CBS when it comes to Selection Sunday, and just release the teams immediately.  Probably starting with the semi games, the other NY6 bowls, and the rest of the rankings.  Afterwards, the interviews & reactions can be done.  Time permitting, announce the other bowl games.  I think you need two hours instead of the one hour for the hoops version, but four hours might be a ton too much for a TV games release show

• Love 3

CFP Selection Committee Chair Boo Corrigan says the reason Ohio State jumped Alabama was to due to the number of “big games.”

It’s ridiculous that the CFP even felt the need to justify their decision.  Alabama had a worse record.  Period.  Nothing else needed to be said.  I don’t mind a coach advocating for his team, but Saban’s entitlement is OTT.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

Listening to Finebaum laugh at Saban’s antics last night, using whatever media outlook he could find, was truly amazing. 

I'm not sure why Finebaum has turned into an ass, but any coach in Saban's position would lobby for his team.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained,  and it builds confidence with his players that he has their backs.

As a Bama fan, I  didn't expect us to get in, so I'm not upset, unlike all of the non-Bama folks who were wetting themselves over our fate!

I don't like the Dawgs, but it's SEC all the way for me. Go Dawgs and put a big 'ol exclamation point on that win!!

• Love 6