Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Court said:

Down goes Oregon. That loss is on that drive with the bizarre play calling. How do you not call a timeout on 4th and 1? Why do you not put Nix back in??.

College football is scripted

4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nix was injured. He had to cone out. 

He had already come out for one play. Oregon could and should have called a timeout to put him back in. They put him back in for the rest of the game.

4 minutes ago, Court said:

He had already come out for one play. Oregon could and should have called a timeout to put him back in. They put him back in for the rest of the game.

Yeah, they put him back in on the last drive, such as it was. 

Meanwhile, UCLA is down 14-0 to a really shitty Arizona team.

• Useful 1

The fix is in for that Bama playoff backdoor!  It would not be a shocker if LSU beat Georgia in 3 weeks.  LSU is a decent program, and Brian Kelly is a great coach.  I'd be surprised but if the Tigers won then the problem of defending a 3 SEC team playoff occurs.

Of course TCU survived and someone in the Big 10 will enter December blemish-free.  The debate of Oregon getting in by winning out dies.  A problem the committee no longer has to worry about, though I don't know/think they survive against USC/UCLA and their surge

Probably forgot they had to play Arizona before their showdown with USC. USC is going to get creamed if they somehow make it to the BCS playoffs if they win out, so I hope they don’t make it because it will be embarrassing.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Pitt was up 14-0 after 16 seconds of play against UVA.

Back to back pick sixes.

Aww; They were on pace to win 3150-0!

Speaking of insane marks, I did recall back to a game 8 years ago where things did get off the rails early on, where, of all teams, Pitt was down very early at home against, of all teams, Georgia Tech.  It was 28-0 rather early in the first quarter (definitely within the first half of the first period), where a more reasonable but still unlike pace to break its own lopsided record (by 2) was in play.

It can happen, but usually not in the manner that it did on Saturday!

• LOL 1

For those wondering, the latest I've heard about the status of Virginia & Coastal Carolina is that it's up in the air.  They'll decide to play or cancel it later this week.  Maybe more will be mentioned during the CFB Playoff Weekly Show.

Speaking of which, as is the custom at the midway point of the weekly release (due to the annual Champions Classic), the Rankings for the Top 25 are being released in a couple of hours later than normal.  Around 9 PM Eastern or at some point between Michigan State/Kentucky AND Duke/Kansas.  In the meantime, here is the Week 11 AP Poll as well as the Coaches Poll.

To briefly summarize:

Georgia, OSU, Michigan, TCU, Tennessee 1-5

Oregon, UCLA tumble

Clemson, Washington, and UFC rise

Texas & Illinois are out

Coastal Carolina & Cincinnati are in

• Useful 1

Week 12 picks: Michigan, Baylor, Alabama, Pittsburgh, Florida State, Kansas State, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Kansas, Penn State, Louisville, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arkansas, USC, LSU, Washington, Oregon

• Love 1

A couple more picks, these ones are Odds and what not.  Before that, I have to say no pick for Virginia & Coastal Carolina as that game scheduled for 3:30 was officially cancelled.

Michigan 17.5
Illinois cover / Over

TCU 1.5
Baylor

Notre Dame 20.5
Boston College

Illinois covers, Over hits.  Baylor wins outright, over hits, BC & the points, under hits

Edited by Carey

Well, good thing I never posted a joke line of ESPN announcing that they're headed to Columbus for 11/26, before the 11/19 slate had even started!

Maybe they'll escape.  I still think they'll lose to Ohio State.  However, I'd like to see a decent team with the chance to prove me wrong at the Horseshoe (2016 was the best shot in 15 years).

This will take the glory off of a great game if they fall.  Though both Michigan and OSU have had some close calls and/or looked subpar at times this year

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Carey said:

Well, good thing I never posted a joke line of ESPN announcing that they're headed to Columbus for 11/26, before the 11/19 slate had even started!

Maybe they'll escape.  I still think they'll lose to Ohio State.  However, I'd like to see a decent team with the chance to prove me wrong at the Horseshoe (2016 was the best shot in 15 years).

This will take the glory off of a great game if they fall.  Though both Michigan and OSU have had some close calls and/or looked subpar at times this year

Part of me wants an 11-0 OSU vs 11-0 Michigan showdown, but I hate Harbaugh, so I wouldn’t mind seeing Michigan lose today, and I absolutely don’t want Michigan back in the playoff, Georgia handed them their ass on a platter last year in it, and Ohio St is clearly a better team IMO. 

• Love 3

Michigan might survive.  Plenty of time left.  TCU not so much, but enough to make something happen.  Probably might be over if Baylor has possession with a 2-possession game.

I don't hate TCU, but it will be a nice sight to see if Baylor survives.  Plus, it helps Tennessee in case LSU takes down Georgia on 12/03

• Love 1

Not so fast.  Terrible Baylor play calls.  Too conservative.  I'd go for it, but they're going to punt.  BTW, I should hit barring a TD, but depending on how Baylor plays it, a TCU FG early enough might help Baylor.  But probably not

• Love 1

Here come more picks (late afternoon slate)

Georgia 22.5
Kentucky & over

Clemson 18.5
Clemson and over

Ohio State 26.5
Maryland and under

Minnesota 2.5
Iowa and under

BTW, if Michigan loses, it's because I picked them.  On a related note, I already picked Ohio State, but not ATS since they're probably thinking of the same thing: THE BIG GAME

Two weird calls in this Michigan game, both benefitting Michigan (bull PI and that non call PI). Shady. And that “catch” that wasn’t overturned.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:
16 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Michigan barely escapes Illinois. 

My niece, a sophomore at Michigan, is ecstatic. 

Can't wait for an update following next week's Big Game at the Horseshoe!

• Love 2

If Michigan can start really fast  next week and keep it up for 4 quarters, they could have a chance next week. Ohio State struggles in the first half and then turns it on in the second half. 

1 minute ago, Court said:

I feel like Georgia often plays to the level of the other team much to their detriment. They should have at least a touchdown or two by now. 

Georgia rarely blows a team out it seems, they control games but don’t win big. They don’t look very impressive right now but neither does Kentucky, and I think Will Levis is the most overrated player in college football, how on earth do people say this guy will be a top 10 pick? He’s not worth a first round pick, period. 

• Love 1

Maybe Georgia is looking ahead toward LSU, which is super-bold. 

Meanwhile, Michigan & Ohio State are definitely looking ahead, not to each other, but to the B1G Title Game  based on their play.

Final Picks

Tennessee 21.5
Tennessee covers, over

Oklahoma 7
Oklahoma covers, over

USC 2.5
UCLA and the points, over

Utah 2.5
Utah covers, under

Ohio State trails, and Georgia has only managed 3 FGs against KY. Does anyone want to be in the playoffs?

TCU and (maybe) Tennessee.  Nebraska too, but that occur in a video or a time machine back to the 90s.

Looks like Notre Dame will be fine going forward

• Love 2