Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

Tennessee is impressive once again, up 20-0 on LSU in the 2nd.

Oklahoma is in free fall mode, losing to Texas 14-0, I’m not sure what the hell is wrong with them but their defense is struggling like they do every year and this year it seems like their offense doesn’t have enough to bail them out.

Arkansas also free falling, down 14-0 to Miss St. 

Gators up 10-0 on Mizzou.

• Love 3

This Texas game is ugly. I’m sure all those Sooners fans that were trash talking at the beginning of the season are eating their words. Coaches are underrated.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

What makes a blowout suck is when you picked the victim of the blowout.  Of course, getting any pick wrong isn't great, but it happens.  A winning pick is great, and you're at ease (for the most part) when it's over after 3 quarters.

That being said, despite picking Tennessee & Texas, both games are not good.  Blowouts are common in College Football, but these are conference games.  Sure you want distance, but that's really only meaningful in the final quarter of regulation.  I expected a little more fight & competition from LSU and Oklahoma

• Love 1

Gators get a win 24-17 over Mizzou, solid win.

Texas clobbers the Sooners 49-0, Oklahoma must really suck this season, and I guess Texas is much better than they’ve been.

TCU/Kansas is tied at 31, should be an exciting finish. 

• Love 3

An update to the scary scene in Indiana.  Michigan RB Coach has communicated to the staff.  Looks like he'll be okay.

Georgia favored by 27.5 over Auburn.  Too many points this year, but not that many.  I’d tease it down FWIW (to maybe 20.5 or 24.5).  No way the over hits.  Meanwhile, ND is a 3.5-point favorite.  Can’t see them covering, nor the 51.5 over hitting.  Clemson should cover the 20.5. The over hits.  Heck, Clemson might get there themselves!

• Love 2

Whoops almost forgot the Ohio State / Michigan State stuff!  Under here, and MSU will cover (IMO) but probably won't win the game

ETA: 26.5 spread for OSU & an 64.5 O/U per FanDuel

Edited by Carey
  • Love 2

UCLA beats Utah, and the Bruins are 6-0! I never saw that coming, suddenly Chip Kelly and UCLA are living up to expectations and are having a great season. Utah has been somewhat disappointing, many people picked them to make the playoffs and they’ve already lost 2.

Georgia destroys Auburn, Dawgs with a dominant performance after an off week last week and I think Auburn is about to have a new coach.

• Love 2

Go figure I'd be wrong with Michigan & Georgia (both against the spread).  Michigan probably covers without the emotion, and Georgia sorta had a garbage TD, and Auburn sucks.

I might have gone with a push with Alabama & Texas A&M, but can't do that with a half point.  So, The Tide outright (24.5 favorite). Over actually hits (48.5)

Edited by Carey
O/U Total
  • Love 2

Sorry, the original post here was one I meant to post in a different thread even though the news occurred on a college football TV show

Edited by Carey
Wrong Thread (Though Not Really That Wrong)
  • Love 1

North Carolina beats Miami in a good game, I like what the Tar Heels have, Drake Maye is a really good QB and I think the Tar Heels have a good shot at 10 wins. Miami was so overrated coming in to the season, as they frequently are, and they are becoming a has been program like Nebraska.

OKST beats Texas Tech in a Big 12 shootout and remains unbeaten, OKST has to be the favorites in the Big 12, along with TCU.

Ohio St trounces Michigan St, not surprising, Michigan St sucks this year, they were really good last season and had 11 wins and won the Peach Bowl, this year they probably won’t even make a bowl. 

• Love 3

Michigan State has road games at Illinois, Michigan, and Penn State.  Those are 3 tough matchups right there (and not many people are betting on them being okay in the other four).

So 3 games you can mark down as an L, and they already have 4 losses.  

17 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

North Carolina beats Miami in a good game, I like what the Tar Heels have, Drake Maye is a really good QB and I think the Tar Heels have a good shot at 10 wins. Miami was so overrated coming in to the season, as they frequently are, and they are becoming a has been program like Nebraska.

OKST beats Texas Tech in a Big 12 shootout and remains unbeaten, OKST has to be the favorites in the Big 12, along with TCU.

Ohio St trounces Michigan St, not surprising, Michigan St sucks this year, they were really good last season and had 11 wins and won the Peach Bowl, this year they probably won’t even make a bowl. 

Despite their stumbles, Pitt might survive to keep the Coastal, but despite the chance to successfully defend it, no way they're beating Clemson to retain the ACC title.  However, they'll have to do something they struggled to do most of the past decade.  North Carolina might be really good, and I think right now, the best team to defeat Clemson in an ACC Title Game.  So Miami isn't much of a threat other than damage to a record, but UNC might be the best team in the conference other than Clemson or NC State.

Texas Tech & Oklahoma State was tough to forecast.  That was a decent game

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Carey said:

Michigan State has road games at Illinois, Michigan, and Penn State.  Those are 3 tough matchups right there (and not many people are betting on them being okay in the other four).

So 3 games you can mark down as an L, and they already have 4 losses.  

Despite their stumbles, Pitt might survive to keep the Coastal, but despite the chance to successfully defend it, no way they're beating Clemson to retain the ACC title.  However, they'll have to do something they struggled to do most of the past decade.  North Carolina might be really good, and I think right now, the best team to defeat Clemson in an ACC Title Game.  So Miami isn't much of a threat other than damage to a record, but UNC might be the best team in the conference other than Clemson or NC State.

Texas Tech & Oklahoma State was tough to forecast.  That was a decent game

Pitt at UNC will be the game that decides the Coastal IMO. Both are pretty good teams but right now I think the Tar Heels are better, and I agree they are the biggest threat to Clemson.

I’m not sure what’s happened to Sparty, they were a very good team last year but they suck donkey balls this year. Is this just a down year or was last year a fluke and Mel Tucker a fraud? Sparty returned most of their starters this season, but maybe last years success was mainly because of Kenneth Walker.

• Love 1

Meh re: Sparty.  They could be good, but in a conference like the Big 10, when the legends are great this year, they probably weren't doing much more than the Clancy's Pepper Bowl.  Yeah they were in a NY6 bowl and were fortunate against Pitt, but what helped there was a down year for Penn State + Michigan in the CFB Playoff X Ohio State in the patented Rose Bowl (due to their rivals being playoff bound).

Speaking of Pitt, it's amazing how Pat Narduzzi was winless against the program even when they were times when the Tarheels were winless elsewhere.  At least 2015 was okay for them.  At least with a win over the Panthers, it'll be a decent team under a legend in Mack Brown

• Love 1

Bama hangs on and beats A&M 24-20 - Young being out nearly cost them the game, as Bama’s offense struggled, their defense stepped up and made enough plays to get them the win but A&M put up a great fight.

USC beats Wash St 30-14 after struggling in the 1st half.

South Carolina upsets Kentucky on the road, huge win for the Gamecocks.

Clemson handles Boston College.

Florida St/NCST going down to the wire. 

Wow, Florida St shits the bed and blows the game - they could’ve run the clock down to the end and kicked the game winning FG, instead they throw it attempting to get a TD and it’s picked off. Now it will take a miracle for them to win. Unreal.

• Love 4

Well, I almost went perfect I think.  In terms of moneyline.  Unlike the NFL, I usually rate my picks against the spread since College Football is loopsided a lot more than the pros.  So ATS, I did pretty good, not great, but I think I was wrong with V Tech, Kentucky, and FSU.  Still a great day of college football!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Oklahoma must really suck this season

They really do, worse and worse each week.  Meanwhile, Oklahoma's red-headed stepchild, Oklahoma State, is putting on a show.

52 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

USC beats Wash St 30-14 after struggling in the 1st half.

And two second half drives should absolutely have resulted in TDs but the Trojans had to settle for FGs.  No issue in this game, but could be a big one next week when they take on Utah.

• Love 5

You are on the goal-line with time for just one play and have an incredible running back so of course you call a pass play.  🤦‍♀️  Once again Jimbo Fisher earns that $95 million paycheck.  I still love you, Aggies, but sometimes you make it so difficult.

• Applause 3
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Bama hangs on and beats A&M 24-20 - Young being out nearly cost them the game, as Bama’s offense struggled, their defense stepped up and made enough plays to get them the win but A&M put up a great fight.

It's frustrating to watch your team spot the other team 17 points!  Aside from those mistakes, I think Milroe has really good potential.  It's all part of the learning process!  

• Love 3

I normally don't pay much attention to play by play announcers, but Jack Collinsworth's voice truly sounds like nails on a chalkboard. How did he manage to get the the premier job of NBC's Notre Dame coverage?

Oh, never mind.

• Love 6

So the Week Six AP Poll was released over a couple of hours ago.  The Top 10 remained intact but not in the same order as before.  Just some minor shuffling amongst the bottom half of the Top 10.  Then moving up, after a Clemson/Michigan swap, the Top 3 got interesting.  Alabama did take a dive (Bama standards) despite a win without its starting QB.  They are the third team now.  In a corresponding move, Georgia and Ohio State both moved up.  The Buckeyes coulda jumped Georgia to take the top spot IMO.

Baylor and Pittsburgh are no where to be found, but Cincinnati moved up several spots to 21

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, xaxat said:

I normally don't pay much attention to play by play announcers, but Jack Collinsworth's voice truly sounds like nails on a chalkboard. How did he manage to get the the premier job of NBC's Notre Dame coverage?

Oh, never mind.

Same reason Iowa's OC still has a job despite our offense being a straight up dumpster fire.

• Love 5
On 10/9/2022 at 7:57 AM, Crs97 said:

You are on the goal-line with time for just one play and have an incredible running back so of course you call a pass play.  🤦‍♀️  Once again Jimbo Fisher earns that $95 million paycheck.  I still love you, Aggies, but sometimes you make it so difficult.

It was a stupid call. They hadn't ran on a single play that drive. They should have since they had the time and why the heck are you passing when you're at the 2 yard line???

I don't like either team but you run the damn ball. Alabama and GA both look beatable this year. Both look sloppy.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Court said:

It was a stupid call. They hadn't ran on a single play that drive. They should have since they had the time and why the heck are you passing when you're at the 2 yard line???

One of Bama's players (corner Terrion Arnold) said that he could read Jimbo's lips when he made that call.  He saw him say "Evan, Evan, Evan," and that's who the QB threw the ball to:    "This time, though, Arnold was ready for it. Using outside shade on the receiver, he read his hitch route like a book, and the throw from quarterback Haynes King wasn’t even close."

• Applause 2

It's Thursday Night in the season of autumn.  And with that comes NFL football.  Sorta wrecked the glory that was College Football Thursday.  It may or may not be to the point where I forgot about weekday college football.  Well, part of that is also due to some awesome MLB.

Speaking of which, I was not happy that there's a game being postponed given that I was going to be skipping TNF for the ALDS.  Of course, there's hockey tonight, sorta meaningful to yours truly.  In addition to that? Baylor at West Virginia!

I believe Baylor is favored by 3.0 or 3.5.  I'm going to go with WVU; they'll win outright.  The Mountaineers aren't any good so even with the Bears help that over is not hitting.  I can't see 55 from both combined.  Baylor sucks so if a decent team can't win in Morgantown, this team ain't getting it done either

• Love 1

Baylor/WVU is a pretty entertaining game so far, Baylor up 24-17 in the 2nd quarter. The BIG 12 is pretty deep this season - I don’t think there’s a bad team in the league, there isn’t a great team either but everyone is at least okay. 

• Love 1

Last two Thursday night games. Two total TDs. 40 total points. 

How do you gain 392 yards and only score 7 points and lose to a team you outgoing by 170 yards?

Wash gained more yards per rush than yards per pass last night. And they won. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73

Michigan handles Penn St and gashes them on the ground, running for over 300 yards. Penn St looked overrated once again.

Ole Miss beats Auburn in a wild game 48-34.

Oklahoma rebounds from their bad loss to Texas and beats Kansas

Texas escapes against Iowa St

Tennessee off to a great start against Bama, up 21-7

Georgia blowing out Vandy, 21-0

Syracuse up 10-3 on NCST

Oklahoma St up 17-7 on TCU

Fantastic day of football!!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Bama up 35-34 on Tennessee at the start of the 4th in a thrilling game!

We keep shooting ourselves in the foot though!  Damn penalties!!  C'mon, guys.  Get it together and roll tide!!

• Love 2

VOLS BEAT BAMA!! Bama misses a FG, Hooker complete 2 passes and the Vols get a FG and win it 52-49!! Amazing game. Tennessee has a great offense, and they moved the ball at will against Bama. Penalties killed the Tide, and I thought they kind of mismanaged things at the end they should’ve run it up the middle once at least before the FG try. Hell of a game.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, twoods said:

Give the guy a break. He missed a 50 yarder which isn’t a gimme.

I think he missed one last week.  It's not a criticism, it's just that he's usually right on target!

Our guys had too many penalties.  If they had done their job and not made so many "mental errors," the kicker wouldn't have been in that situation.   Tennessee played a hell of a game.  Bama played a hell of a game in coming back.   Bama fans knew this one was going to be a barn burner!!  That's a game for the ages.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m shocked that this thread is so quiet, is anyone watching CFB today? It’s the best Saturday of the season so far.

Bama up 35-34 on Tennessee at the start of the 4th in a thrilling game!

I was so caught up in all the thrilling games, lol. I was shocked that there were so few posts here too. 

• Love 1