Type keyword(s) to search

College Football

Minneapple
  • Start Topic

This is the weakest week of the CFB season, there are no fantastic games - the best game is Miami/Texas A&M, and that’s lost of its excitement after A&M’s loss last week. Penn St/Auburn is kind of interesting, as is LSU/Miss St, Georgia/SC, BYU/Oregon and Michigan St/Washington, but there are no real standout games this week. 

• Love 1

Not a surprise.  This is typically the week, the final Saturday before conference play where you'll have real teams playing no one, 70-0, and really the option to do something else before more meaningful action returns

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:
2 hours ago, Carey said:

Upset special.  Nebraska for the win (at least ATS).  That means the Sooners will escape.  That's a prediction, not a spoiler

It's 35-7 at halftime. I don't think Nebraska is coming back from that.

No they're not.  The Sooners might cover by four times the margin when all is said and done!

Georgia looked fantastic once again as they clobbered South Carolina 48-7. The Dawgs may very well have CFB’s best team once again. And about South Carolina, it’s still amazing to me how a lot of the so called “experts” said Spencer Rattler was going to be the #1 overall pick in last year’s draft, he sucks epically, he lost his job at Oklahoma and he may not even get to a bowl with SC. A lot of these “experts” know shit.

Syracuse beat Purdue in a wild game, 42 combined points in the 4th quarter, only good game of the early ones. Some interesting games now - Penn St/Auburn, BYU/Oregon, Ole Miss/GA Tech and Colorado/Minnesota are on the big networks. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Popples said:

The end of the App State game was WILD! Troy's not going to live that intentional safety instead of punting down.

And Appalachian St. should be the official football team of Dos Equis beer, for they are the most interesting team in the world.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5

Maybe it was difficult to switch back to the Ohio State & Toledo game.  After they got past 40, onto other stuff.  I actually totally forgot the game was on so I missed the Buckeyes getting another 30 points to get to 77

• Love 1

Gators barely hang on against USF, a disastrous bad snap cost USF about 20 yards and made the game tying FG attempt a lot longer and they missed it, otherwise we would likely be headed to OT. Anthony Richardson sucks moose ass, period, no passing TD’s yet this season and 4 picks, I have a feeling the Gators may get clobbered in Knoxville next week. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Gators barely hang on against USF, a disastrous bad snap cost USF about 20 yards and made the game tying FG attempt a lot longer and they missed it, otherwise we would likely be headed to OT. Anthony Richardson sucks moose ass, period, no passing TD’s yet this season and 4 picks, I have a feeling the Gators may get clobbered in Knoxville next week. 

I hope so

• Love 1
Just now, Xeliou66 said:
3 minutes ago, Carey said:

No thanks!

Why do you hope the Gators get clobbered then? 

They defeated Pittsburgh in overtime.  I actually don't hate Tennessee at all.  Any big wins the Vols get helps the 2021 ACC Champs.

Now, I don't think the Vols are going to have success against Georgia or Alabama, and with Florida falling, that's a loss that would hurt when you factor in body of work.  Of course, everyone has to take care of their own business

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

A&M beats Miami 17-9. Canes offense was horrid and lifeless all night. So much for Miami “being back”, it seems like every few years we hear they are back and they never live up to it, I’m expecting another mediocre year for the Canes.

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:
37 minutes ago, twoods said:

Congrats to Washington for beating Michigan State. The PAC whatever (is it back to 10 now?)  were pretty good today.

Still 12 for a couple more years yet! 

If you spent a second watching UCLA Football, you'd engage in a casual conversation talking about the PAC ELEVEN trying to return to relevance

15 hours ago, Carey said:

Upset special.  Nebraska for the win (at least ATS).  That means the Sooners will escape.  That's a prediction, not a spoiler

Considering what actually happened...Mr. Heyman, you are not.

4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Seems like the Gators thought they finished the job after beating Utah. Either Utah isn't as good as their ranking (at the time) showed or the Gators have another gear they need to find, and quick.

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Still 12 for a couple more years yet! 

Thanks. I just saw the rest of USC’s schedule and noticed they are still playing PAC12 teams but thought they would switch next year because of all the off-season drama and hoopla. They should have an easy route to the PAC12 championship but I’m worried since they aren’t playing any relevant teams (except Utah) this year they will get creamed in whatever bowl game they will go to. Doubt they will make it to the BCS with their poor strength of schedule. 

Danielg342: Yep, definitely not Paul.  Kinda had to cover myself in advance.  Though I think I would have been better off staying away from that game.  TBH, if I go back in time, then Nebraska pulls the upset since every-so-often a change plus playing at home leads to an outta nowhere upset (happened in the NFL in 2011 with Kansas City and Green Bay).

Scott Frost had to go.  It wasn't going to work.  However, Nebraska may have been better off keeping him (at least until October).  At least he kept the team in the game

• Love 2
13 hours ago, twoods said:

They should have an easy route to the PAC12 championship but I’m worried since they aren’t playing any relevant teams (except Utah) this year they will get creamed in whatever bowl game they will go to. Doubt they will make it to the BCS with their poor strength of schedule. 

It's hard to tell how excited I should be by USC's performance so far this season.  It does feel like "Trojan football is back, baby!" and they've definitely course corrected at long last, but they're playing inferior teams.  It's probably more of a transition year, highly successful within the conference, but not yet ready to get back to competing on the national level.  It's just nice to be good again.

The 3rd AP Pool, released on Sunday afternoon, basically has the Top 10 remaining as they were headed into Saturday.  The only difference was Kentucky and Oklahoma State swapping places.  Felt like a swap just for the sake of a swap, IMO.  It was a clean sweep for the AP Top Ten (10-0).

Tennessee, Penn State, and Oregon surged up the list, while BYU and Miami plummeted in the Top 25.  PITT and Texas A&M swapped at 23/24

• Useful 1

This sucks.  However, it's not a surprise.  It's the way it is.  What'll be annoying down the road is the fact that in 20-30 years, the TPTB, including some of the people that were apart of this breakup, will try to revive it.  Not a great idea since the student body in 2-3 decades will not be as familiar with the Bedlam Series.  Even if/when their moms & dads try to educate them.  The new era just will not care

• Love 2

An interesting weekend in CFB as we get into more conference play from this point forward. Biggest games of the weekend are Ohio St/Wisconsin and Arkansas/Texas A&M, although it wouldn’t surprise me if Ohio St clobbered Wisconsin. I think Tennessee will beat Florida pretty bad, I’ve not been impressed with the Gators this season. Clemson/Wake Forest is also very interesting, I wouldn’t be shocked if Wake pulled off an upset. 

• Love 1

Syracuse beats Virginia in a thriller at the Carrier Dome, and the Cuse are now 4-0!! I’ve always kind of liked them, they are unique in that they play in a dome, the only power 5 team to do so, they’ve really struggled over the last few years, I like seeing them have some success.

• Love 1

Week 4 picks include: Clemson, Michigan, Iowa State, Kansas, Georgia, PSU, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Cincinnati, Miami, App State, Oregon, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Rutgers, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, NC State, Oklahoma, USC, BYU, Utah, Washington.

Really nothing focused on the spread right now.  Moneyline stuff TBH

• Love 1