Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I'm certainly not surprised, anybody who is as delusional as he is definitely has something wrong with him. The fact that his delusions have gotten so big & bizarre lately was leading up to something. According to the Gossip Cop article, it says he wasn't at his residence, but was being treated by a doctor which sounds like something happened at the doctor's office (or wherever he was being treated) that alarmed the doctor enough to make the call. 

According to TMZ, he was at his trainer's house being treated by his doctor when the call was made. No idea why he would be treated at his trainer's house instead of his own house.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

His management was also at the trainers house? Sounds like an intervention.

Could be, but you would think an intervention would have his family at it.

Their interventions don't go too well. Rob just refused to participate.

The Kardashians haven't dealt well with whatever Robs issue are, preferring to pretend that he's knocked someone up and therefore cured, so I doubt they'll come clean with Kanye's situation. Sweep it under the rug till it can't be ignored (Lamars OD).

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Maybe his team felt that the family was part of the problem.

If that's the case, what are they planning on doing? Trying to force Kanye to divorce Kim?

Just now, GaT said:

If that's the case, what are they planning on doing? Trying to force Kanye to divorce Kim?

No, just getting their message across without the Ks interfering. Maybe reminding Kanye that his initial plan was not to participate in the reality show. I'm not saying it's the K's fault that he's having a breakdown - he's had plenty of issues since before he married Kim - but maybe the increased exposure hasn't been good for him.

• Love 4

He was probably at his trainer's house because no one knows who the trainer is.   The doctor could go there without alerting the papparrazzi.   If I were a big celeb, I would want to find a private way to be treated.

But yeah, Kanye has been slipping deeper and deeper into delusion for a while.   Convinced that every thing he did was perfect and if it wasn't it was because everyone was against him.   

• Love 6
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope so too, but I'm always skeptical of celebrities being hospitalized for "exhaustion". If he's exhausted, why not just chill out at home or take a vacation? Either "exhaustion" is code for a mental breakdown (in which case I sincerely feel bad for him), or he's using the hospitalization for publicity.

Nobody EXCEPT a "celebrity" is ever hospitalized for "exhaustion." It is complete BS. 

7 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

He's been behaving erratically for months now. I hope his kids weren't there,too. If all the Ks are away, maybe a staff member at his home called?

Correction: for YEARS

• Love 13
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I just read the Buzzfeed article after I posted (the one I read before on the People website only mentions "exhaustion"), and it sounds like someone called the police due to a "disturbance", and the hospitalization wasn't voluntary? I just hope the kids weren't around when it happened.

I wonder if he was at home when causing this so-called "disturbance?" Isn't their house huge and very isolated from others in the area?

9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Kris is there too. Didn't all the Ks drop everything and fly to Vegas when Lamar was hospitalized?

Yes, but poor Lamar! If I were hospitalized against my will (this is not "exhaustion," this is called a 51/50 in California and a mandatory 72-hour old, I would certainly NOT want to see the whole idiotic gang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_(involuntary_psychiatric_hold)

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I wonder if the family will go media blackout again like they did when Kim was robbed.  Is Kanye still in the hospital?  I hope this doesn't turn into a Britney spears-level meltdown.

It sounds like it was that type of meltdown!  I am not a doctor, but I do know a few people who suffer from bipolar disorder.  It sounds like classic bipolar.  Sometimes people think it is drugs because the person is all hopped up,  but that can be the manic episode.  There are only 2 ways to be up for 48 hours - drugs or mania.

These people (Kardashians and Kanye) need to be away from the public eye for a while.  Everyone is suffering.  The human psyche is not equipped for this level of fame, and invasion.  It is not healthy. 

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

These people (Kardashians and Kanye) need to be away from the public eye for a while.  Everyone is suffering.  The human psyche is not equipped for this level of fame, and invasion.  It is not healthy. 

I could not agree more.

That said, I have to wonder if Kim and Kanye are going to allow any of what happened to them air for entertainment and money.  Do they even understand the concept that not everything that happens to them has to be packaged for the viewing public?  Births, breakdowns, hospitalizations, therapy sessions, doctor's visits, etc. - all things that are normally very private, yet we've seen it all from this family.  Kanye even records all of his music and video planning.  At some point the weight of their fame and constant camera presence is going to implode and bad things are going to happen - worse than we've already seen.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I could not agree more.

That said, I have to wonder if Kim and Kanye are going to allow any of what happened to them air for entertainment and money.  Do they even understand the concept that not everything that happens to them has to be packaged for the viewing public?  Births, breakdowns, hospitalizations, therapy sessions, doctor's visits, etc. - all things that are normally very private, yet we've seen it all from this family.  Kanye even records all of his music and video planning.  At some point the weight of their fame and constant camera presence is going to implode and bad things are going to happen - worse than we've already seen.

And it will all be filmed for posterity. Don't forget they must have all these "memories" on film to look back on. Kris needs to memorialize everything so that she can sell what ever she can and spin it however she wants to create "memories"!!

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I can't imagine Kim and her family are STUNNED by Kanye's breakdown.  They had to see this coming a mile away.  There was probably nothing they could do to force him to put the breaks on.  Other than the Rob & Chyna special next month, there will be no new kardashian-related programming on TV until Khloe's revenge body show in mid January, so this family can actually take a break.  Kris is already spinning it, "He's just tired". 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I wonder if the family will go media blackout again like they did when Kim was robbed.  Is Kanye still in the hospital?  I hope this doesn't turn into a Britney spears-level meltdown.

They went media blackout? I certainly heard more about it than I cared to. And I wasn't looking.

Britney was also 51/50'd, so it is very similar.

14 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I can't imagine Kim and her family are STUNNED by Kanye's breakdown.  They had to see this coming a mile away.  There was probably nothing they could do to force him to put the breaks on.  Other than the Rob & Chyna special next month, there will be no new kardashian-related programming on TV until Khloe's revenge body show in mid January, so this family can actually take a break.  Kris is already spinning it, "He's just tired". 

I expect a nude photoshoot of Kimmy any day now.

• Love 5

They can take a break, but will they?  Do they live in fear that if they disappear for awhile, it'll all be over?  Are they capable of living without being followed around by cameras?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, did it happen?  Similarly, if a Kardashian goes out for fro-yo in completely inappropriate attire accompanied by a few random hangers-on, and no camera films it, did it happen?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

Given Kanye's track record of madness, his having a full-fledged breakdown not only doesn't surprise me, it's a wonder it didn't happen sooner. I've got no sympathy for him nor Kim; it's North and Saint whom I feel sorry for. 

11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

They can take a break, but will they?  Do they live in fear that if they disappear for awhile, it'll all be over?  Are they capable of living without being followed around by cameras?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, did it happen?  Similarly, if a Kardashian goes out for fro-yo in completely inappropriate attire accompanied by a few random hangers-on, and no camera films it, did it happen?

There's a famous quote from Truth Or Dare, the 1990 Madonna concert documentary with a scene featuring Madonna, the director and Madonna's then-boyfriend Warren Beatty. The director asked Madonna if she wanted to talk off-camera, Beatty replied, "She doesn't want to live off-camera, much less talk." That's the Kardashian's problem in a nutshell; they've been on-camera for so long that they think that they can't survive if they weren't anymore. 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I don't believe they will ever actually take a break.  As in - stop calling the paps for pictures when they go out to eat, stop instagramming every SINGLE thing they wear, buy or do.  I don't believe that they will do it - Kris would never allow that.  They are addicted to people knowing who they are, and where they are.  Well, actually, I think the girls are addicted to it, the boyfriends and husbands are along for the ride, but they are the ones who suffer and self-destruct.

• Love 3

Why is Kris still tweeting garbage about her incredible time at the Angel ball?  How is she smiling and posing on the red carpet knowing at the same time her son in law was in a psychotic state (according to the police report via TMZ).  Why was she even at the ball?  She divorced Rob Sr 13 years before he died (and I doubt they were on good terms when he did). 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't believe they will ever actually take a break.  As in - stop calling the paps for pictures when they go out to eat, stop instagramming every SINGLE thing they wear, buy or do.  I don't believe that they will do it - Kris would never allow that.  They are addicted to people knowing who they are, and where they are.  Well, actually, I think the girls are addicted to it, the boyfriends and husbands are along for the ride, but they are the ones who suffer and self-destruct.

Even if they are addicted to fame, they have contracts and obligations for most of what they post to social media. So just stopping may not be an option. Perhaps the only way to get around it is to claim something like "exhaustion."  I think in Kanye's case walking away from a concert tour would have severe financial ramifications. While I think in this case it is real, it will probably be of financial benefit to his team because of insurance and contracts if he is indeed ill. I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for him and I rather dislike Kanye in a generally vague way. I hope he can find answers for his continued good health that Britney seems to have found.

• Love 1

Why is Kris still tweeting garbage about her incredible time at the Angel ball?  How is she smiling and posing on the red carpet knowing at the same time her son in law was in a psychotic state (according to the police report via TMZ).  Why was she even at the ball?  She divorced Rob Sr 13 years before he died (and I doubt they were on good terms when he did). 

She's been using his name and his untimely death to gain sympathy and publicity for years now.  If I recall, she was flaunting her boyfriends in his face for several years before they divorced.  At the heart of this family is Kris Jenner, doing anything and everything it takes to keep her family out there and the kash rolling in.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

She's mentally rewriting history and erasing  the time she spent with Caitlyn. If she didn't have Kylie and Kendall, she'd be back to being Kris Kardashian. She'll be the first one to tell Kim to cut her losses and dump Kanye. And she'll make sure the edit he gets along with any stuff she can leak to the press will make Kim look like she had no choice.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if he was at home when causing this so-called "disturbance?" Isn't their house huge and very isolated from others in the area?

No, he was at the gym:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/22/kanye-west-5150-psychiatric-hold-violent-cops/ Kanye West Dr. Says He Tried to Assault Staff ... Warned of Violence Against Cops

Kayne West's personal physician is the one who called 911, warning the dispatcher Kanye was not violent but would become violent when police arrived to help him... Law enforcement sources tell us, the call came in as a male with mental illness. Dr. Michael Farzam said his patient's name was "Jim Jones, 39 years old, 5'8", 175 lbs ... suffers from temporary psychosis due to sleep deprivation and dehydration."

According to the police report the doctor told cops he had placed Kanye on a 5150 psychiatric hold and wanted him taken to UCLA Medical Center. We're told there's an issue over whether the doctor actually placed Kanye on a 5150.

The report goes on to say Dr. Farzam told police Kanye had attempted to assault a staff member at the gym...

This just gets worse and worse -- Kayne attacking a gym employee.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

He was probably at his trainer's house because no one knows who the trainer is.   The doctor could go there without alerting the papparrazzi.   If I were a big celeb, I would want to find a private way to be treated.

His trainer is Harley Pasternak, he's the trainer to so many celebrities that the papps stalk his gym. EVERYBODY knows who is trainer is.

I'm thinking Kim went to NYC just to get away from him. If he wasn't sleeping for several days and was dehydrated enough to cause a psychotic break, she had to know that at least he wasn't in a good frame of mind.   I read previously that she was NOT going to the Angel Ball, suddenly she goes? Did she leave the kids back in CA? Not a good move if their father is unstable.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And they continue to do this despite the fact that they get stalkers and experience alleged "robberies."

• Love 1

So if Kanye is in the psych ward right now, or experiencing some kind of psychological break, isn't he restricted from having visitors for the first 24-48 hours or some such thing, while they get him stabalized?  Or is that something I picked up from movies that has no basis in real experience?  

Did she leave the kids back in CA? Not a good move if their father is unstable.

Agreed, except I don't believe for one minute that Kanye is involved with those kids for one minute while Kim is away.  

These people (Kardashians and Kanye) need to be away from the public eye for a while.  Everyone is suffering.  The human psyche is not equipped for this level of fame, and invasion.  It is not healthy. 

This.  This x1000x1000.  Wake up Kardashians, and take a good long look at your "family."  You are a wreck - and this is not normal.  Most families don't experience all of this.  Rob is a complete mess.  Lamar almost died.  Khloe sacrificed her brother's emotional and mental well-being for the sake of a drug addict.  Scott has been in rehab more times that we can count.  Kylie is a train-wreck - there's no way that girl is a mentally sound 20 year old.  Kim was held at gunpoint.  Kanye just had a mental breakdown.  Enough is enough.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Even if they are addicted to fame, they have contracts and obligations for most of what they post to social media. So just stopping may not be an option. Perhaps the only way to get around it is to claim something like "exhaustion."  I think in Kanye's case walking away from a concert tour would have severe financial ramifications. While I think in this case it is real, it will probably be of financial benefit to his team because of insurance and contracts if he is indeed ill. I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for him and I rather dislike Kanye in a generally vague way. I hope he can find answers for his continued good health that Britney seems to have found.

Nope. Britney was lucky enough to have a sane, non-famewhore relative (her dad) to help her out. And IIRC, she was diagnosed bipolar which is treatable, whereas Princess Kanye (IMO only) suffers from narcissistic personality disorder which is very very difficult to treat. Maybe bipolar or some other disorder as well. He will never listen to anyone, as he is the brilliant genius.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

No, he was at the gym:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/22/kanye-west-5150-psychiatric-hold-violent-cops/ Kanye West Dr. Says He Tried to Assault Staff ... Warned of Violence Against Cops

Kayne West's personal physician is the one who called 911, warning the dispatcher Kanye was not violent but would become violent when police arrived to help him... Law enforcement sources tell us, the call came in as a male with mental illness. Dr. Michael Farzam said his patient's name was "Jim Jones, 39 years old, 5'8", 175 lbs ... suffers from temporary psychosis due to sleep deprivation and dehydration."

According to the police report the doctor told cops he had placed Kanye on a 5150 psychiatric hold and wanted him taken to UCLA Medical Center. We're told there's an issue over whether the doctor actually placed Kanye on a 5150.

The report goes on to say Dr. Farzam told police Kanye had attempted to assault a staff member at the gym...

This just gets worse and worse -- Kayne attacking a gym employee.

How is it legal for a physician to call 911 and give a false name? These are public records, not a private hospital.

12 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

This.  This x1000x1000.  Wake up Kardashians, and take a good long look at your "family."  You are a wreck - and this is not normal.  Most families don't experience all of this.  Rob is a complete mess.  Lamar almost died.  Khloe sacrificed her brother's emotional and mental well-being for the sake of a drug addict.  Scott has been in rehab more times that we can count.  Kylie is a train-wreck - there's no way that girl is a mentally sound 20 year old.  Kim was held at gunpoint.  Kanye just had a mental breakdown.  Enough is enough.

11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Nope. Britney was lucky enough to have a sane, non-famewhore relative (her dad) to help her out. And IIRC, she was diagnosed bipolar which is treatable, whereas Princess Kanye (IMO only) suffers from narcissistic personality disorder which is very very difficult to treat. Maybe bipolar or some other disorder as well. He will never listen to anyone, as he is the brilliant genius.

The problem for the Kardashians is the same problem they've always had, they have no talent. Their only ability to make money is based on their fame, Britney has an actual talent, so she could pull back on the fame part, but if the Kardashians pull back it's going to be "out of sight, out of mind" & that will be it for the money. The show is what drives everything, so they need to keep in the public eye to make sure the show doesn't get canceled.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

So if Kanye is in the psych ward right now, or experiencing some kind of psychological break, isn't he restricted from having visitors for the first 24-48 hours or some such thing, while they get him stabalized?  Or is that something I picked up from movies that has no basis in real experience?  

Agreed, except I don't believe for one minute that Kanye is involved with those kids for one minute while Kim is away.  

KenDULL was recently hospitalized for "exhaustion" as well. And then there's Kimmy and her extreme narcissism.

• Love 3

According to Daily Fail, Kim and the kids moved back in with Kris shortly after Kanye started his Pablo tour. If Kanye was losing his mind this whole time, I don't blame Kim for wanting to get herself and the kids away from him, but they're just the oddest "family." You could probably count on your fingers the number of times Kanye, Kim, North and Saint have actually spent the night under one roof together. 

I'll bet Kim is dying to file for divorce but she's terrified about what kind of dirt Kanye would reveal if he's provoked. 

• Love 4

The thing is that Kanye's strange behaviour (which now appears to be the product of mental illness) has always been what earns him the most money and attention.  His delusions of grandeur about being on the same level as Picasso and how his greatest regret is that he can never watch himself perform live got people to notice him.  The crazy rants in the middle of shows were actually a massive drawcard, come and see Kanye and you never know what he might rant about tonight!  The egotistical and semi-paranoid rants worked for his image. 

So really I don't think that people around him were particularly interested in his mental health until it became a serious problem (like now).  Now seems to be the "oh sh*t" moment where other people realise that they weren't stunts or funny boasts but what Kanye actually believes.  But unpredictable Kanye was the reason why people talked about him and bought tickets so I doubt that anyone actually really tried to help him before now. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

According to Daily Fail, Kim and the kids moved back in with Kris shortly after Kanye started his Pablo tour. If Kanye was losing his mind this whole time, I don't blame Kim for wanting to get herself and the kids away from him, but they're just the oddest "family." You could probably count on your fingers the number of times Kanye, Kim, North and Saint have actually spent the night under one roof together. 

I'll bet Kim is dying to file for divorce but she's terrified about what kind of dirt Kanye would reveal if he's provoked. 

Maybe it's not the dirt she's worried about - "dirt" has made her a fortune. She could be worried about the safety of her kids and herself.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Maybe it's not the dirt she's worried about - "dirt" has made her a fortune. She could be worried about the safety of her kids and herself.

Idk, I'd think if the kids were her first priority she wouldn't have ditched them to attend a useless society event while her husband was in the middle of a breakdown.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Idk, I'd think if the kids were her first priority she wouldn't have ditched them to attend a useless society event while her husband was in the middle of a breakdown.

Do we know the kids didn't go to NY?

It was an event to honor her father, I thought. Of course, she'd want to go. And when is Kanye NOT having a breakdown?

I wonder if Kimye lived together at all - who knows?!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

The thing is that Kanye's strange behaviour (which now appears to be the product of mental illness) has always been what earns him the most money and attention.  His delusions of grandeur about being on the same level as Picasso and how his greatest regret is that he can never watch himself perform live got people to notice him.  The crazy rants in the middle of shows were actually a massive drawcard, come and see Kanye and you never know what he might rant about tonight!  The egotistical and semi-paranoid rants worked for his image. 

That's why I think this whole thing is fake, or being played up as a serious mental breakdown when it isn't. Kanye absolutely knows how to drum up interest and publicity. Look how much activity is in this thread today! 

2 minutes ago, Maya said:

That's why I think this whole thing is fake, or being played up as a serious mental breakdown when it isn't. Kanye absolutely knows how to drum up interest and publicity. Look how much activity is in this thread today! 

My first reaction is to say that it has to be real because of the 5150 hold, but then I read this article on TMZ, & it specifically says "We're told there's an issue over whether the doctor actually placed Kanye on a 5150.", so I guess there is always the possibility that it's fake. I still say the whole thing he did when he ended his concert early by saying "this show is over" & the lights immediately went out was a setup.

• Love 4

Kim won't divorce him because she doesn't want to be seen as the thrice divorced woman.   She took a lot of heat when she divorced Kris H after mere days.   She does not want to face that again.   Plus being Mrs. Kanye West is still paying off for her.   The minute he is too screwed up to be worthwhile to be associated with -- and she can make herself out as a saint for putting up with it for so long - is the minute she files for divorce.

I sincerely doubt the family noticed he was spiraling out of control because 1) they are too narcissistic to notice what anyone else even another familh member is doing, and 2) they are so dysfunctional themselves they think its normal to for someone to proclaim themselves a genius.   They really believe everyone wants to be just like them.  Remember when they sent a bunch of Kardashian Kollection clothes to Duchess Kate because they thought she would appreciate having her wardrobe livened up with their line?  Because the future Queen should dress like a whore apparently.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

I'm thinking Kim went to NYC just to get away from him. If he wasn't sleeping for several days and was dehydrated enough to cause a psychotic break, she had to know that at least he wasn't in a good frame of mind.   I read previously that she was NOT going to the Angel Ball, suddenly she goes? Did she leave the kids back in CA? Not a good move if their father is unstable.

If Kanye hadn't been sleeping in days (or likely not sleeping well for months given his grueling schedule with fashion shows and tour) - what the heck was he doing at a gym in the first place?  Any trainer worth their salt is not going to put someone on a treadmill or lay them down on a bench press machine knowing they've only had a few hours of sleep. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

If Kanye hadn't been sleeping in days (or likely not sleeping well for months given his grueling schedule with fashion shows and tour) - what the heck was he doing at a gym in the first place?  Any trainer worth their salt is not going to put someone on a treadmill or lay them down on a bench press machine knowing they've only had a few hours of sleep. 

This is another thing that makes me suspicious, he was at Harley Pasternak's gym, he's a famous celebrity trainer & the papps are always around the place to take pictures. Why would he be there? Especially since we know the trainer the girls use comes to their houses. Something really odd about the whole thing.

• Love 4