Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Stupid move Kanye to make enemies of Jay and Bey.

The fact they even called Kanye should appreciate because they probably only did that for him. They aren't her friends, they wouldn't normally call Kanye over his wife or her family.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
Just now, Artsda said:

Stupid move Kanye to make enemies of Jay and Bey.

Most of his moves are.

If Kim is as shook up over everything as it's being spun, I doubt she's pleased with this latest rant.

• Love 2

Apart from anything else, Beyonce and Jay Z seem to really control Blue Ivy's social media presence (if you can call it that).  You can bet that not a single picture of her is posted without prior permission from one of them.  In comparison, the Kardashians are constantly snapping away with their kids and everyone else's without a huge amount of thought.  They probably don't want Blue Ivy associated with North and the Kardashians (as harsh as that is).  

They've never been close to Kim and frankly a phone call is fine.  They have slowly been drawing away and this will probably just kill it off for good.  

• Love 7

I heard that they refused to attend Kim and Kayne's wedding because they knew KUWTK would be filming, and they didn't want to be on the KUWTK show. Can't say that I blame them. They are A-listers. Why should they let themselves be dragged down into that stupid show?

Kim should have figured out by now that Beyonce doesn't want to be her BFF.

Kayne is just crude and petulant. What grown-up adult rants in public to try to shame his friends for not coming over? Like that is supposed to make them want to come?

• Love 15
7 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

They've never been close to Kim and frankly a phone call is fine.  They have slowly been drawing away and this will probably just kill it off for good.  

And they still live with Kris.  There must be people coming and going from that house 24/7.  I wouldn't want my child over there either.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I heard that they refused to attend Kim and Kayne's wedding because they knew KUWTK would be filming, and they didn't want to be on the KUWTK show. Can't say that I blame them. They are A-listers. Why should they let themselves be dragged down into that stupid show?

Kim should have figured out by now that Beyonce doesn't want to be her BFF.

Kayne is just crude and petulant. What grown-up adult rants in public to try to shame his friends for not coming over? Like that is supposed to make them want to come?

Beyoncé is on tour, why would she stop everything and rush back? Even Kanye was back to work in a few days. He just wanted to have the paps get pics of them coming to visit, and have it all over the tabloids. I mean no one gives a shit about Lala and her personal cling-on Jonathan, But Bey and Jay? Yeah that's front page. 

• Love 5

I’m kind of expecting Kanye to walk back some of those comments, claiming he was misunderstood or maybe just outright apologizing. He’s always admired and looked up to Jay and he worships Beyonce.  I don’t think he’d want to be on the outs with them permanently. Aside from the Tidal business, I think he was really shaken by what happened to Kim and genuinely felt hurt that Jay did not drop everything to rush over to comfort him in person. I do believe he’s mentally ill but also he’s so egocentric that he can’t fathom that the world does not revolve around him and his beloved wife. I think it’s apparent that at this point Jay considers Kanye a business associate, not a close friend, and has no wish to socialize with him any more than necessary. I’m sure that he and Beyonce have nothing against little North and Saint but are not interested in having their daughter meet or play with them because theirs is not a close or family-type friendship. In the meantime, I hope Jay continues to take the high road, ignoring Kanye’s rant.

• Love 6

I wonder how much Kanye hates Gwenyth Paltrow & Chris Martin. Them and Bey & JayZ are actual real BFF's, who vacation together and the kids play together. There was paparazzi photos even of Blue with Chris&Gwenyth without Bey&Jay around.

• Love 2

The sound is a little fuzzy but if you listen carefully to the video of his rant the other night he does say "our kids never even played together". I too have been thinking he might backpedal and try and spin his comments so he can get back in Jay Z's good graces, but on the other hand if he's starting to get the hint now that that Jay and Beyonce really dont care all that much about Kim he might not bother. Sometimes it takes something like what happened to Kim to make you realize some people you dont need in your life.  For the record I do believe they were very good friends at one time. Way before Kim came into the picture Jay called Kanye his brother. IMO things changed since Kanye became a Kardashian. I do remember reading though they sent Saint and North very expensive OTT gifts. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

The sound is a little fuzzy but if you listen carefully to the video of his rant the other night he does say "our kids never even played together". I too have been thinking he might backpedal and try and spin his comments so he can get back in Jay Z's good graces, but on the other hand if he's starting to get the hint now that that Jay and Beyonce really dont care all that much about Kim he might not bother. Sometimes it takes something like what happened to Kim to make you realize some people you dont need in your life.  For the record I do believe they were very good friends at one time. Way before Kim came into the picture Jay called Kanye his brother. IMO things changed since Kanye became a Kardashian. I do remember reading though they sent Saint and North very expensive OTT gifts. 

Kanye has said he lost friends when he started dating Kim, so it's no surprise that once he married her, people just don't want to be around them or their kids.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I do remember reading though they sent Saint and North very expensive OTT gifts. 

I don't think sending expensive gifts is very significant in that world. It's kinda like sending flowers to a sick coworker for us normal people - a nice gesture for sure, but not a sign of super-close friendship.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't think sending expensive gifts is very significant in that world. It's kinda like sending flowers to a sick coworker for us normal people - a nice gesture for sure, but not a sign of super-close friendship.

If anyone would like to toss some expensive gifts over my way, I'd be happy to take them!  I promise not to bash you on social media or embarrass you publicly! 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GaT said:

Kanye has said he lost friends when he started dating Kim, so it's no surprise that once he married her, people just don't want to be around them or their kids.

For sure. There were stories out there after they got engaged that Jay was telling him it was a bad idea..then closer to the wedding when Kanye didn't want to bother with a pre-nup it was Jay who was pushing him to secure one.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

For sure. There were stories out there after they got engaged that Jay was telling him it was a bad idea..then closer to the wedding when Kanye didn't want to bother with a pre-nup it was Jay who was pushing him to secure one.

And who didn't go to the wedding? JayZ & Beyonce.

• Love 6

Jay Z and especially Beyonce have kept their distance from the Wests i believe because of how Kim damn near shares everything om social media and on her show. They've always been private and only now giving little crumbs into their lives. Kanye knows this, he needs to tend to his wife and not blasting his so called brother.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I doubt very much that Kim was walking down the aisle without a pre nup. No way is she sharing any of her wealth if there is a divorce.

• Love 1

They ended upn signing one but Kanye didn't want one. It was Kris who demanded there be one (and naturally it ended up favoring Kim in a huge way) and Jay was pushing for one also thinking about money first. Kanye being Kanye and being flat out nuts said he didn't want one because he loved her so much that even if they divorced she could have all his money lol

• Love 2

Yup.  And in my experience, those are people you shouldn't waste too much time on, and I think that's been Kanye's mistake.  First he had Jay-Z telling him not to marry her.  Then they didn't go to the wedding.  Then he called to see how they are doing, but that's it.  Their kids haven't played together.  It seems to me, that from Kanye's perspective, these big moments in his life are happening - marriage, fatherhood, and even trauma - and his best friends aren't there to support him other than well wishes on social media or over the phone or wrapped up in a box with a pretty bow.  I'd be pissed too.  

Not to mention, when something like this happens to your spouse, it traumatizes you as well.  I'm not one of those people who thinks this was staged, or a hoax, or that Kim deserved it, or that she's so unlikeable that you can't sympathize with what happened to her.  And what people don't realize is that what happened to Kim happened, indirectly, to Kanye too.  The robbers targeted her because they knew more about him.  Kim is his wife and mother of his children.  Maybe Kanye needed the person who he thought was his best friend to do more than ask "how are you."  Maybe he actually needed somebody to say "I'm going to come over, we're going to have a drink and I'm here to support you."  I think Kanye probably knows that JayZ and Beyonce don't care for Kim.  The whole world knows that.  But when shit gets real, you kind of expect people to put the immaturity of "I don't like her" aside and be there for you, especially when you were as close as they were.  And maybe he expected that to be JayZ.  Just because he's Kanye West, certifiable jackass, doesn't mean that he doesn't have the basic human emotional need of compassion.  If I were Kanye I wouldn't waste my time on JayZ and QueenB.  Truly.  And I don't blame him for being pissed off.  I don't think a public rant is the way to address it, but that's a whole other discussion.   But I DO think that JayZ and Beyonce are being sucky people in this situation.  

• Love 6
On 10/23/2016 at 11:32 AM, howmanywords said:

They ended upn signing one but Kanye didn't want one. It was Kris who demanded there be one (and naturally it ended up favoring Kim in a huge way) and Jay was pushing for one also thinking about money first. Kanye being Kanye and being flat out nuts said he didn't want one because he loved her so much that even if they divorced she could have all his money lol

They are both wealthy; why not just stipulate that each keep their own money in the case of divorce, and both equally support the kids?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Yup.  And in my experience, those are people you shouldn't waste too much time on, and I think that's been Kanye's mistake.  First he had Jay-Z telling him not to marry her.  Then they didn't go to the wedding.  Then he called to see how they are doing, but that's it.  Their kids haven't played together.  It seems to me, that from Kanye's perspective, these big moments in his life are happening - marriage, fatherhood, and even trauma - and his best friends aren't there to support him other than well wishes on social media or over the phone or wrapped up in a box with a pretty bow.  I'd be pissed too.  

Not to mention, when something like this happens to your spouse, it traumatizes you as well.  I'm not one of those people who thinks this was staged, or a hoax, or that Kim deserved it, or that she's so unlikeable that you can't sympathize with what happened to her.  And what people don't realize is that what happened to Kim happened, indirectly, to Kanye too.  The robbers targeted her because they knew more about him.  Kim is his wife and mother of his children.  Maybe Kanye needed the person who he thought was his best friend to do more than ask "how are you."  Maybe he actually needed somebody to say "I'm going to come over, we're going to have a drink and I'm here to support you."  I think Kanye probably knows that JayZ and Beyonce don't care for Kim.  The whole world knows that.  But when shit gets real, you kind of expect people to put the immaturity of "I don't like her" aside and be there for you, especially when you were as close as they were.  And maybe he expected that to be JayZ.  Just because he's Kanye West, certifiable jackass, doesn't mean that he doesn't have the basic human emotional need of compassion.  If I were Kanye I wouldn't waste my time on JayZ and QueenB.  Truly.  And I don't blame him for being pissed off.  I don't think a public rant is the way to address it, but that's a whole other discussion.   But I DO think that JayZ and Beyonce are being sucky people in this situation.  

Or maybe Kanye thought there was more to the relationship/friendship than there was. It happens.  Or since, their lifestyles are so different and since the Carters are much more private, the relationship changed. When the Kardashians were in Cuba and Kim was telling the story about Beyoncé inviting her into the pit to dance and how she hated dancing, I think that is the kind of thing they don't like. Name dropping.

The relationship hasn't been the same for a long time. North is 3/4 years old, if she hasn't been playing with Blue Ivy in  all that time, it says something. They didn't attend the wedding, these are signs.  Lots of male and female friendships change drastically or even end when one or the other gets married. For many reasons. Kim may not really like JayZ or Bey. or vice versa. Or JayZ may have tired of Kanye's rants and excess.  But if he wants to salvage any friendship or relationship at all, calling JayZ out publicly isn't going to do it. 

22 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They are both wealthy; why not just stipulate that each keep their own money in the case of divorce, and both equally support the kids?

Because that's not as dramatic as saying that "I love her so much that I don't care if she takes all my money"

But when those papers are served... you'll see who fights for what.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Whatever expectations Kanye had of the Carters are completely on him, and if he's going to be pissed at anyone, he should be pissed at himself. They've been keeping their distance ever since Kanye got together with Kim - it's been five years so he should be used to it by now.

Also, it's not that big of a "trauma". Kim has not been physically hurt. Why should the Carters, who are more acquaintances than friends at this point, drop everything and fly across the country to visit? Kanye needs to calm down.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Whatever expectations Kanye had of the Carters are completely on him, and if he's going to be pissed at anyone, he should be pissed at himself. They've been keeping their distance ever since Kanye got together with Kim - it's been five years so he should be used to it by now.

Also, it's not that big of a "trauma". Kim has not been physically hurt. Why should the Carters, who are more acquaintances than friends at this point, drop everything and fly across the country to visit? Kanye needs to calm down.

I agree, she was robbed. At gunpoint. She wasn't hurt, her kids are fine. She has insurance. Honestly how much sentimental value is there in a ring like that. It's not like he sold his baseball card collection or mowed lawns for a summer to buy it. And buying it and knowing she would flash it all over bragging that he gave it to her was as much for his own ego as it was for her pleasure. 

And like you said the Carters aren't exactly regular visitors to Casa West, expecting them to drop everything and rush to hold Kim's hand is a bit much. Besides, Jonathan was there. 

• Love 8

Also, it's not that big of a "trauma". Kim has not been physically hurt. 

I think most psychiatrists would pretty much disagree with you there.  There have been more than enough studies to show that victims of armed robbery suffer with emotional trauma, and PTSD can even last for years after.  Trauma does not just cause physical injuries.  Let's be real.  If we were talking about a more likeable individual, this would be a very different conversation.  Kim will be fine -- eventually.  There is enough known about human resilience to know that what doesn't kill you, doesn't kill you.  It doesn't make you stronger, it doesn't make you weaker, you just sort of go back to the same emotional point you were at before any exposure to trauma.  Maybe there's a need for psychological treatment somewhere along the way, but you can go back to living an emotionally and mentally healthy life.  But that doesn't necessarily happen in 22 days.  And Kanye will be fine too - not that we're all that concerned about him.  But he probably felt 1) helpless 2) partially to blame 3) concerned about his family's safety and 4) completely freaked out.  The issue is with Kanye is that he takes whatever thought/feeling he has and rants about it, illogically, to whoever is around him.  

Eh, that's kind of my point...he should have known when they didn't show up for his wedding, when they've clearly made no effort to spend time together, that they aren't his friends, and maybe, as somebody stated, that friendship was more of mutual convenience than anything much deeper.  I'm not sure that Kanye possesses the awareness to understand that they didn't think he was worth sticking around for after all of his antics, and that those events where they have spent time together were somewhat meaningless to the Carters and only served as tabloid gossip.  But quite honestly, assuming they were at one point, quite close, then I'd say it takes two to tango when a friendship falls apart.  Few things in life are ever one-sided, and most friendships are too complex to be that black and white.  It's easy to point the finger 100% at Kanye because he's Kanye.  In my eyes, he's become more unlikeable than his wife.  

But I do think that JayZ could have done more than a phone call and it would have gone a long way. But I might not have said that until recently - My mother died 6 months ago.  A friend who I'd had a falling out with 6 years ago came to the wake to pay her respects.  Are we besties now, running out for wine together and gossiping the day away over every little topic of conversation?  No, and neither of us have any desire to resume any kind of relationship.  But it was respectful of her, and her presence was comforting.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Kanye West will boycott Grammy awards if Frank Ocean doesn’t get a nomination

And why exactly am I supposed to care about that?  That's the shit that makes me hate Kanye West.  

• Love 8

Not that I like David Crosby's music, but he's certainly not a fan:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/28/david-crosby-kanye-west?CMP=fb_gu

David Crosby on Kanye West: "The thing that bugs me about him is the: ‘I’m the greatest living rock star’. Somebody needs to drive him over to Stevie Wonder's house right now so he understands what a real one is. Secondly, they should send him all of Ray Charles's catalogue so he can learn how to sing.”

• Love 15
On 10/29/2016 at 2:36 PM, ByTor said:

Not that I like David Crosby's music, but he's certainly not a fan:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/28/david-crosby-kanye-west?CMP=fb_gu

OMG, this is the best quote I've ever read; thank you for sharing, @ByTor! Kanye West (long pause) & Stevie Wonder should never, ever be uttered in the same breath. It just shook me to my core to have to type both names in the same sentence. That was a perfect response, because Stevie Wonder is just the coolest, but, as amazing as he is, I have no doubt that he is pretty humble & he's still a nice guy. If not, please don't tell me, I want him to be perfect in my eyes. 

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 8

It just goes to prove that this asshole does nothing but talk, he rants about everything that he considers wrong with the world, but can't even bother to vote. You don't vote, you don't get to have an opinion. Asshole.

• Love 11

Re Yeezy's latest rant, leave it to him to snatch ignorance from the jaws of crazy. His plans to run for President in 2020 prove that one doesn't have to be smart, qualified, kind nor sane to be President; just rich, famous, stupid and mean. When it comes to Presidential qualifications, Kanye doesn't just lower the bar-he buries it.

Re Kanye's whining about Jay-Z & Beyoncé's not dropping everything after the Paris robbery, my response: "Bitch, please!" Where the Hell were you after Jay & Solange's Met Gala elevator fight last year? Nowhere, IIRC, so Jay & Bey don't owe your psycho ass nor your skanky wife jack shit, so as far as I'm concerned, you can have more seats than the Superdome.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

His plans to run for President in 2020 prove that one doesn't have to be smart, qualified, kind nor sane to be President; just rich, famous, stupid and mean. When it comes to Presidential qualifications, Kanye doesn't just lower the bar-he buries it.

Um, isn't that what we already have?

• Love 19
On 22/10/2016 at 10:24 AM, Artsda said:

I wonder how much Kanye hates Gwenyth Paltrow & Chris Martin. Them and Bey & JayZ are actual real BFF's, who vacation together and the kids play together. There was paparazzi photos even of Blue with Chris&Gwenyth without Bey&Jay around.

Omg. Gwyneth Paltrow.

I'll take 4 Kanyes, 3 Kims, 2 Kris and 1/2 a Jonathon over that insufferable twat!

• Love 6

I've figured it out! Beyonce and Jay-Z were openly supporting Hillary, and Kanye has his weird obsession. This isn't even about Trump. Although it's still really stupid/out of touch/crazy. I hope it costs him lots of fans and as a result, lots of money.

Kanye is still a disturbed idiot, though. He did have that massive head injury at one point.

• Love 3

Dude is losing it. Keep in mind he showed up 90 minutes late for the concert, spent most of the time ranting and then only sang 3 songs abruptly cutting the concert short. That said, if what he said about Beyonce is true with the VMA's she's every bit of the bitchy diva I always suspected. Kanye needs to stop obsessing over her though.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, GaT said:

Um, isn't that what we already have?

ITA, but I wanted to keep the Drumpf out of this thread.

12 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

Omg. Gwyneth Paltrow.

I'll take 4 Kanyes, 3 Kims, 2 Kris and 1/2 a Jonathon over that insufferable twat!

I'm no Gwyneth fan, but 1 Yeezy, 1 Kim, 1 Kris and 1 Jonathan is more than enough for me.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I've figured it out! Beyonce and Jay-Z were openly supporting Hillary, and Kanye has his weird obsession. This isn't even about Trump. Although it's still really stupid/out of touch/crazy. I hope it costs him lots of fans and as a result, lots of money.

Kanye is still a disturbed idiot, though. He did have that massive head injury at one point.

The massive head injury... Did that happen when he walked into the sign?

Kanye's rant against Beyonce & JayZ After the thing with Taylor Swift & every rant against someone else every time Beyonce is nominated for something, I can't believe that now he's accusing her of making MTV give her the video of the year award over him. When he said all that Trump crap, I wondered if he was taking a dig at Beyonce & JayZ because they were big Clinton supporters. Kanye is burning bridges, he has got to have completely lost his mind.

Edited: Sorry my post is a dupe of what some people have already said,, when I clicked on the thread it took me to the end & I didn't realize there were a bunch of comments I missed. I have this problem with the entire Kardashian forum all the time (and not any other forums), anybody else get this?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Dude is losing it. Keep in mind he showed up 90 minutes late for the concert, spent most of the time ranting and then only sang 3 songs abruptly cutting the concert short.

I hope the concert goers get their money back and the venue/organizers sue Kanye for damages. Of all the crap he pulls, this bothers me the most. If people didn't buy tickets to his shows, he would be a nobody. The least he can do is show up on time and give his fans their money's worth. Since Kim and her sisters seem to be into Metallica these days, Kanye should take a page out of their book - those guys play two-hour, high-energy sets, plus frequent encores, and they've been at it for over 30 years. The only time they stopped a show early was when their lead singer got severely burned by a mis-timed pyrotechnic and had to be rushed to the hospital.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9

Beyonce & JayZ because they were big Clinton supporters. 

But most of Kim's own family minus Caitlyn for sure are Clinton supporters. Kourtney even posted a photo of "I'm with her" using a picture of North in it.  Kanye himself donated to Clinton and has a photo of him and Kim with her.

If Kourtney knew he was team Trump and did that anyways, I love her even more.

• Love 1