Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, nexxie said:

True, if he is actually serious about it. 

Could be he just wants the attention not wanting to eat gets him - especially Kim's attention.

maybe he makes her eat it first to make sure it isn't poisoned?

I doubt very much she's feeding him, they feed you at like 6 am in the hospitals by me. Kim doesn't even get finished with glam till 9 and then she has to be sewn into something,  so the earliest she's there is like noon.

"Kim Kardashian Is Sleeping by Kanye West's Side in Hospital, Helping to Feed Him"

Probably the most nights they've spent together since they were married.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

True, if he is actually serious about it. 

Could be he just wants the attention that refusing to eat gets him - especially Kim's attention.

If he's paranoid even about the doctors and nurses who are "out to get him," he may think they're trying to poison him, so he refuses to eat what they give him. No telling what's going on in his mind right now.

• Love 1

I don't normally read or post to this thread, but I feel compelled to ask:  why does anyone believe this is real?  

I don't pay much attention to this buffoon Kanye West but I do read the national news on a daily basis.   I couldn't help but notice that his breakdown occurred directly on the heels of the very bad reception and press he received for bloviating in concert about being a Trump supporter.

I suppose that will be written off as part of his psychosis?

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, millennium said:

I don't normally read or post to this thread, but I feel compelled to ask:  why does anyone believe this is real?  

I don't pay much attention to this buffoon Kanye West but I do read the national news on a daily basis.   I couldn't help but notice that his breakdown occurred directly on the heels of the very bad reception and press he received for bloviating in concert about being a Trump supporter.

I suppose that will be written off as part of his psychosis?

I'm not sure I believe much of it. But then again, I still don't fully believe that there was ever a "robbery."

• Love 9

Now TMZ is saying it's partially delayed grief over his mother's death, the anniversary of her funeral, and Kim's robbery. I'm more apt to think he's melting down over the fact that most people are over his crazy ass antics and constant nonsense and he can't deal with the fact that people are turning on him at record pace. He got away with storming the stage to interrupt Swift and his ugly ass shoes are a success, but his clothing line is a joke and he's run out of people giving him patience and instead has been a joke for how long now. Even the ridiculous video with the mannequins didn't seem to get much of a reaction. It did here, but I didn't see much across the majority of the internet. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 14

So the doctors at the psychiatric hospital are all in on a scam to pretend Kanye is there? And the Paris police are in cahoots with the Kardashians as well to fake a robbery that never happened? That family's power is amazing. And so many continue to give them that power apparently. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

So the doctors at the psychiatric hospital are all in on a scam to pretend Kanye is there? And the Paris police are in cahoots with the Kardashians as well to fake a robbery that never happened? That family's power is amazing. And so many continue to give them that power apparently. 

Doctors are as susceptible to the influence of money and celebrity as anyone.   In fact, it might be argued that it behooves them and their facility to have a celebrity of Kardashian stature in their care, thus giving them incentive to perhaps interpret West's condition in a way that fulfills everyone's needs.  

• Love 11

I do believe this is a reboot opportunity for him. He has fallen in disfavor and that devastates him.  I suspect he has given the hospital a very large donation. 

I agree milinium.  His diagnosis will be extreme exhaustion or something physical that can be fixed,  never to imply mental ilness. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

I highly doubt that the UCLA Medical Center is so desperate that they will manipulate or mislead about a psychiatric condition because of the Kardashians' amazing celebrity stature. This is a renowned research hospital. The Kardashians may be recognizable and "famous" but they're also considered famewhores and constantly looked down by many, as evidenced by the constant speculations about anything related to them and the name calling they receive on a daily basis here and all over social media. 

eta: At the end of the day, we believe what we want to believe. Considering I've thought there was something mentally wrong with Kanye for the last three years or so, I don't find this hard to believe or all one big fakeout. 

I have found Kanye to be manic and nonsensical for years now. As I said before, I was a fan of Kanye's music since he came on the scene. Has he always been egotistical, yes. But the last few years wasn't egotistical, it was the nonsensical rambling of someone who seemed slightly unhinged, imo.

Regarding the comment of him faking this because of the backlash about his Trump comment. While one can choose to see it that way, the other side to that is it was odd behavior because it is a fact that Kanye backed Hilary's campaign, to the tune of over $100,000. Those are not consistent and reasonable actions. All I'm saying is that Britney Spears is accepted as having a mental breakdown and remember Amanda Bynes and all her weird twitter rants? Yet, Kanye who has in my opinion been exhibiting erratic, manic behavior for years now, can't possibly have a mental illness and it's all staged? 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

You may be right ,  truthaboutlove.  I don't think speculation about his breakdown being less than honest is out of the question to consider either.  

Doctors will not lie for him but it is not out of the scope of possibility that the hospital  is gladly allowing him to pay full price for a room and extended stay .  Hospitals are always in finnantial crisis. 

I doubt he is the first to do that, if true. 

• Love 5

This isn't a matter of someone checking into a hospital for a couple of days for exhaustion or a cushy rehab center, this is a physchiatric ward in a well respected hospital. So we are to believe Kanye has been putting on a huge act for over a week so he can stay holed up in a psych ward? I'm sure he's enjoying the luxurious 5 star treatment he's getting in there while and chuckling over all the press he's getting. 

36 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

All I'm saying is that Britney Spears is accepted as having a mental breakdown and remember Amanda Bynes and all her weird twitter rants? Yet, Kanye who has in my opinion been exhibiting erratic, manic behavior for years now, can't possibly have a mental illness and it's all staged? 

Of course not. Don't you know that nothing bad ever, ever happens to the Kardashians?? If one of them ended up dead tomorrow it would be called the ultimate staged publicity stunt.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I highly doubt that the UCLA Medical Center is so desperate that they will manipulate or mislead about a psychiatric condition because of the Kardashians' amazing celebrity stature. This is a renowned research hospital.

Let's not forget that there are other patients there and whatever noise and nonsense that accompanies Kim and her entourage is likely very stressful on the staff, patients, visitors.  I'm sure paparazzi are trying to sneak in or pay patients/family to spy for them.  Extra security everywhere......the staff does not want Kanye there any longer than he has to be.  Unfortunately, it can take weeks to make sure the patent is taking the right cocktail of psychiatric medication and if he has some underlying health problem, they've got to really watch him closely.  They just have to get him stable so he can either go to a longer term facility, or hire his own medical team to treat him at home. 

• Love 5

Maybe he is partially sedated and that's why he need somebody to help him eat?  

I have a stupid question about mental illness.  Let's say somebody is diagnosed as bipolar.  Is there a "key event" that sets off the disorder?  Are the signs always there but get more and more magnified as time goes on?  

For example, I think back to the extravagant wedding.  Somebody upthread talked about his compulsive need to have the biggest, most secretive, most over the top lavish affair possible for their wedding - the proposal in the stadium which he had allegedly wanted to do for years, the wall of flowers, whisking their friends from paris to italy, etc.  But was that Kanye being Kanye -- embracing the wealth and the grandiosity that can be afforded with his wealth?  I never viewed any of that as being manic, etc.  I viewed that as Kanye being Kanye.  It's been the past couple of years that he's gone from over the top to ranting/raving lunatic.  

I refuse to believe that the Paris robbery and this recent event are staged/fake.  To do so means that everybody involved - every police officer, every nurse, other patients, etc are all in on it and agreeable to it.  And for what?  To what end?  To improve the reputations of two very unlikeable people in Hollywood?  What's in it for them?  A paycheck from Kanye and Kim to all of those people?  I doubt they'd be so "generous."  Not to mention, I refuse to believe that so many people would put their morals and integrity aside for these two buffoons.

• Love 6

I believe these events (the robbery and Kanye's breakdown) probably occurred. Beyond that, I don't believe a word of what anyone reports about the details, the seriousness of what happened, the aftermath, etc. These things are being spun like crazy for popular consumption. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Maya said:

I believe these events (the robbery and Kanye's breakdown) probably occurred. Beyond that, I don't believe a word of what anyone reports about the details, the seriousness of what happened, the aftermath, etc. These things are being spun like crazy for popular consumption. 

I totallyl agree with this.

22 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

Maybe he is partially sedated and that's why he need somebody to help him eat?  

I have a stupid question about mental illness.  Let's say somebody is diagnosed as bipolar.  Is there a "key event" that sets off the disorder?  Are the signs always there but get more and more magnified as time goes on?  

For example, I think back to the extravagant wedding.  Somebody upthread talked about his compulsive need to have the biggest, most secretive, most over the top lavish affair possible for their wedding - the proposal in the stadium which he had allegedly wanted to do for years, the wall of flowers, whisking their friends from paris to italy, etc.  But was that Kanye being Kanye -- embracing the wealth and the grandiosity that can be afforded with his wealth?  I never viewed any of that as being manic, etc.  I viewed that as Kanye being Kanye.  It's been the past couple of years that he's gone from over the top to ranting/raving lunatic.  

I refuse to believe that the Paris robbery and this recent event are staged/fake.  To do so means that everybody involved - every police officer, every nurse, other patients, etc are all in on it and agreeable to it.  And for what?  To what end?  To improve the reputations of two very unlikeable people in Hollywood?  What's in it for them?  A paycheck from Kanye and Kim to all of those people?  I doubt they'd be so "generous."  Not to mention, I refuse to believe that so many people would put their morals and integrity aside for these two buffoons.

I think his grandiose proposal and wedding, his behavior right before the wedding, ripping apart some table and remaking it. the rants etc are all a part of his escalating mental illness. Did the robbery put him over the edge? I don't think so. I think the marriage has been in trouble because of his irratic behaviors and  his flop with his clothing line, along with Jay Z pulling back from the friendship (maybe he saw the writing on the wall) pushed him from a manic high to a downward spiral.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I think the marriage has been in trouble because of his irratic behaviors and  his flop with his clothing line, along with Jay Z pulling back from the friendship (maybe he saw the writing on the wall) pushed him from a manic high to a downward spiral.

Jay Z is famous for using people, getting what he wants and discarding them. Kanye seems to develop attachments.

The rumour has always been that Kanye is gay.  Do you think his treatment will make him deal with that? Of course, he is allowed to not tell the world. That should not have anything to do with therapy.  It's just privacy.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

Kanye seems to develop attachments.

He's 38 years old. Grow up. Like he hasn't used people to serve his purpose? Friendships end, for many reasons, we may not even know why in some instances. Getting on stage and ranting about it isn't going to do any good. IMO, he got under JayZ's skin with his constant need to let everyone know he was "bros" with Jay Z. John Legend commented that he was "concerned over things he saw" Maybe JayZ was also and decided to cut him loose. I can't imagine no one has ever taken him aside and suggested he calm down a bit. I wouldn't want to be hanging with someone who was so unpredictable.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, millennium said:

There are 911 tapes of the doctor calling when he attacked someone, I don't think 911 is in on the whole thing, it's real.

5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I highly doubt that the UCLA Medical Center is so desperate that they will manipulate or mislead about a psychiatric condition because of the Kardashians' amazing celebrity stature.

The UCLA Medical Center is where celebrities go when they need hospitalization, there is nothing new to them about having someone famous there, & they've had people more famous than a Kardashian related person there. This is business as usual for them. 

5 hours ago, wings707 said:

Doctors will not lie for him but it is not out of the scope of possibility that the hospital  is gladly allowing him to pay full price for a room and extended stay .  Hospitals are always in finnantial crisis. 

Because of HIPAA, neither the doctors nor the hospital will say anything about him, even if he is a patient, & whatever he might be paying for a room, it wouldn't be enough to help a hospital financially.

38 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

Kanye seems to develop attachments.

I think Kanye developes obsessions. This is why he won't leave Taylor Swift alone, why he can't stop remodeling his house, why he did all that weird stuff for his wedding, he gets locked onto something & just can't stop.

Kanye is a rapper, one who glosses over the fact that he had an upper middle class upbringing & didn't come from "the streets" There is no street cred in being carted away to a psych ward, no way would he let this story run just for the publicity. 

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, GaT said:

Because of HIPAA, neither the doctors nor the hospital will say anything about him

Exactly, the hospital staff can't say a word, so whichever way Kris wants to spin the diagnosis, Kanye's current state, Kim being the saintly wife always by his side, nobody who has the information to set the record straight would be able to do so.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, GaT said:

There are 911 tapes of the doctor calling when he attacked someone, I don't think 911 is in on the whole thing, it's real.

The UCLA Medical Center is where celebrities go when they need hospitalization, there is nothing new to them about having someone famous there, & they've had people more famous than a Kardashian related person there. This is business as usual for them. 

Because of HIPAA, neither the doctors nor the hospital will say anything about him, even if he is a patient, & whatever he might be paying for a room, it wouldn't be enough tto help a hospital financially.

UCLA hospital is being sued right now for 863,000 because employees got into celebs medical records. Kanyes tab could easily put a nice dent in that.  Hospitals nickel and dime everything they can to stay within budget.  You bet they would welcome a requested, extended stay!  Not saying I think this is happening, just not ruling it out. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

He's 38 years old. Grow up. Like he hasn't used people to serve his purpose? Friendships end, for many reasons, we may not even know why in some instances. Getting on stage and ranting about it isn't going to do any good. IMO, he got under JayZ's skin with his constant need to let everyone know he was "bros" with Jay Z. John Legend commented that he was "concerned over things he saw" Maybe JayZ was also and decided to cut him loose. I can't imagine no one has ever taken him aside and suggested he calm down a bit. I wouldn't want to be hanging with someone who was so unpredictable.

Kanye behaves like someone who suffers from paranoid delusional disorder, which can be very scary for people - no wonder friends have distanced themselves and their families. If he does have that, coupled with narcissistic personality disorder, even the best doctors will have their hands full.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, GaT said:

Of course!  Damn, I forgot about the nervous break down. A cliche Kanye but hey, go for it. It has no clear definition. 6 months at home and come back time. Who will you be this time?  I would give props for well played had I not seen through this day one, you arrogant pinhead. 

• Love 3

This is a guy who owes a large portion of his notoriety to the fact that he singlehandedly ruined a young woman's award moment, for which he was famously labeled "a jackass" by the President of the United States.   Who arguably extended his celebrity by marrying into a family of famewhores (whose original fame was owed to a sex-tape, and whose patriarch later parlayed a gender transition into undeserved celebrity and fortune).   And who tries to perpetuate it by courting controversy

Obviously everyone is free to believe what they choose.   For myself, I find it impossible to believe in the authenticity of anything regarding these people.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 12

This isn't going to end well if Kayne goes right back to his workaholic, sleep-depriving schedule. Some articles said he was asking Kim to bring his music recording equipment and fashion design stuff to the hospital so he could work. (I doubt the hospital allowed that.)

I still think he's in a downward spiral. If his meds don't work, or if he decides he feels fine and stops taking them, he'll have another meltdown soon. Same thing if he's supposed to be getting outpatient psychiatric treatment and decides he doesn't want to go.

It might depend on whether he trusts his personal doctor, Dr. Michael Farzam, and is willing to follow Farzam's instructions -- or whether this is a Michael Jackson-type situation where Kayne makes the rules and Farzam has to do whatever Kayne wants, or get fired.

• Love 2

This is a guy who owes a large portion of his notoriety to the fact that he singlehandedly ruined a young woman's award moment,

Actually, his notoriety came from his huge hits and album sales and yes, his arrogant speeches about being the greatest. And before he ruined a young woman's award moment, the country already saw him call the President of the country a racist on national television. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Actually, his notoriety came from his huge hits and album sales and yes, his arrogant speeches about being the greatest. And before he ruined a young woman's award moment, the country already saw him call the President of the country a racist on national television. 

I was virtually unaware of him (ah, the good old days) until he crashed Taylor Swift's moment. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I was virtually unaware of him (ah, the good old days) until he crashed Taylor Swift's moment. 

And many say the same about Taylor Swift - that she owed her career to that moment. For the record, I disagree with that as well. There are always people who don't listen to or are aware of an artist, no matter how popular. I know someone who has never heard one Adele song and how many albums has she sold? The point is, contrary to those who think Kanye didn't really exist before he interrupted Saint Taylor and needed that controversy for his career, he was in fact a multi-platinum, highly respected and lauded and awarded artist before that happened.

He was also already considered controversial. Which once again is why I've said that people can believe whatever they want but in my opinion, what we have seen from Kanye in recent years is not who he was years before in his career. Sure he was always arrogant and a little out there but his behavior has been increasingly strange and uncomfortable. His rants in my opinion, has been the definition of manic. He'd start off with one thing and then jump to another point and it would be all disjointed and like someone with a million thoughts running in his head at once. 

I don't give a crap about the Kardashians and I never have. But as a fan of Kanye's music for years, who yes, do think he is incredibly talented, I hope this doesn't turn into an unfortunate situation and he truly gets the help he needs. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

To be more specific, it was during a Red Cross fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.   A remark that could have jeopardized the success of the whole fundraiser, depending on how many people he pissed off.  

I'd never heard of him before that, and even then did't pay much attention until the Taylor Swift incident when it was like, "Oh yeah, that guy again." 

• Love 7

To be more specific, it was during a Red Cross fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.   A remark that could have jeopardized the success of the whole fundraiser, depending on how many people he pissed off.  

I know what it was for as I watched it live. And I also know that while it pissed off many people, there were just as many who supported him because he didn't say what many Americans weren't thinking in their criticism of the administration's handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I know what it was for as I watched it live. And I also know that while it pissed off many people, there were just as many who supported him because he didn't say what many Americans weren't thinking in their criticism of the administration's handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

My point is, there was no guarantee it wouldn't blow up in his face.   It was a fundraiser.  He gambled with the fate of all those unfortunate victims.   He put his own need ahead of their welfare.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, millennium said:

My point is, there was no guarantee it wouldn't blow up in his face.   It was a fundraiser.  He gambled with the fate of all those unfortunate victims.   He put his own need ahead of their welfare.

Blow up in his face, as in people would boycott him, yes. But seriously, people were going to say, "well that Kanye offended me with that comment so I won't donate money to help all these people currently homeless, who had nothing to do with this, because this one guy said something I didn't like on air." Okay then.

I think that would say more about those people and their priorities than Kanye.  Also, they quickly cut Kanye off after the comment, continued with the program and later made an apology. For the record, I don't disagree that it wasn't the appropriate time to say something like that, just pointing out that he actually didn't get as much backlash as one would think because many people WERE saying President Bush didn't give a crap about black people. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Blow up in his face, as in people would boycott him, yes. But seriously, people were going to say, "well that Kanye offended me with that comment so I won't donate money to help all these people currently homeless, who had nothing to do with this, because this one guy said something I didn't like on air." Okay then.

I think that would say about those people and their priorities than Kanye.  Also, they quickly cut Kanye off after the comment, continued with the program and later made an apology. For the record, I don't disagree that it wasn't the appropriate time to say something like that, just pointing out that he actually didn't get as much backlash as one would think because many people WERE saying President Bush didn't give a crap about black people. 

I didn't see Kanye down there helping any one rebuilding their homes or doing anything more than lip service and criticizing someone else. Even Kim and her sisters went down a few years later and oohed and aahed and looked seriously sad. I believe they bought some new furniture for a family who had lost everything. Probably more than Kanye actually did, but I'm sure he was more than pleased with himself for being so "controversial"

• Love 5

Just because someone didn't personally go down to NOLA and re-build people's houses for them doesn't mean that they don't have the right to criticize the way the government handled the crisis.  This is off-topic so I'll keep it brief but Kanye was right.  If the Superdome and the convention center had been full of upper middle class white people they would have gotten help and attention days before they actually did.  Kanye calling out George Bush was the right thing to do. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, toolazy said:

Just because someone didn't personally go down to NOLA and re-build people's houses for them doesn't mean that they don't have the right to criticize the way the government handled the crisis.  This is off-topic so I'll keep it brief but Kanye was right.  If the Superdome and the convention center had been full of upper middle class white people they would have gotten help and attention days before they actually did.  Kanye calling out George Bush was the right thing to do. 

It sure was. Kanye was right in that instance. 

Back to topic i seriously, seriously hope dude gets his mind right. I need another "Jesus Walks" 

• Love 5

I never disputed the content of his message -- just the timing of it.

To put it bluntly, he fucked with a fundraiser.  He ad-libbed the whole thing, with no warning given to the event organizers that he was about to potentially alienate a large portion of the donating audience. 

The end doesn't justify the means.   What he did was reckless and self-serving.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, millennium said:

I never disputed the content of his message -- just the timing of it.

To put it bluntly, he fucked with a fundraiser.  He ad-libbed the whole thing, with no warning given to the event organizers that he was about to potentially alienate a large portion of the donating audience. 

The end doesn't justify the means.   What he did was reckless and self-serving.

He can't use his newly diagnosed illness as an excuse because he told Mike Myers before the interview began that he was going to take some "liberties" . So he knew he was going to make a remark of that type. I don't think he may even have believed what he said, he just knew it would get him press.  I think he used people's suffering to garner attention for himself. 

• Love 8

Legit question: has Kanye himself shown that he cares about POC aside from himself? What has he done, if anything? Does he do charity things to show he cares much about anyone at all? Or does he just spout off in self serving ways without making any kind of actual difference? I really don't know.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2

He voiced his opinion, he's entitled to it. He did it in a place that it would be heard. I don't know if he actually donated money or volunteered but his choice to speak out was important for the back community who had been basically forgotten about. No one should have had to go through what those people went through. If this is too off topic, then my apologies.

• Love 3

This might be a dumb question, but I'm asking it anyway.  I know everything that family does gets publicized, but is it possible that he made huge donations & passed on taking credit?  I'm keeping in mind the fact that this happened well before he became Kanye Kardashian.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Wonder if Kanye uses drugs and/or alcohol to self-medicate. If so, that has to be dealt with too - can't just add more pharmaceuticals to the mix.

He blamed being soused on Hennessy for interrupting  Taylor Swift and he has been seen in the past carrying an open  bottle  at various awards ceremonies and functions and I read somewhere that he mentioned Lexapro in some songs lyrics, so I wouldn't be shocked if he used and abused.

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This might be a dumb question, but I'm asking it anyway.  I know everything that family does gets publicized, but is it possible that he made huge donations & passed on taking credit?  I'm keeping in mind the fact that this happened well before he became Kanye Kardashian.

If he did, once he became a Kardsashian, Kris would have made sure he got credit. I suspect he's more of a talker than a giver.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

He has a charity called the Kanye West Foundation, and they don't appear to do much.  he also co-founded Donda's House but I wouldn't consider a $133K donation from him, anything to brag about.  So yes, big donations do get publicity because the receiving organization wants their name out there and wants other folks with deep pockets to donate as well.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Of course it's possible, but this is the same person who donated to Hillary Clinton (and that was somehow leaked all over the place), but then didn't bother to vote & said he was for Trump. He gave the donation because it got him publicity, not because he wanted to contribute.

• Love 2