Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

The answer is usually the most simplistic , obvious. He's an egotistical loud mouth that doesn't know when to keep it shut. 

If you meant, "no it's not brain damage, he's just an egotist and that's why he talks like that" then I get what you mean. But even if so I'm still not sure I get why he gets AWAY with so much stuff. I mean seriously. A Google News search of "Kanye VMAs" right now this second, the only truly critical story I can find is one which compares Kanye to Donald Trump because of the speech. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

If you meant, "no it's not brain damage, he's just an egotist and that's why he talks like that" then I get what you mean. But even if so I'm still not sure I get why he gets AWAY with so much stuff. 

That's the part that gets me too. It just baffles me that he keeps getting such a huge platform for his rantings, whether they're crazy or just stupid.

• Love 4

What was the overall reaction of the audience during Kanye's latest filibuster...were they looking up at him adoringly, nodding with every random rant, or were there some people squirming in second-hand embarrassment?  Was Kim shown, and what was her expression?

Edited by laurakaye
12 hours ago, howmanywords said:

About 14-15 years ago Kanye was in a really bad, head on collision that almost killed him.  For all I joke around about what a lunatic douchebag he is I do wonder if that accident caused any brain issues, or if anything it caused some type of trauma that he never dealt with properly.  It might explain why he acts the way he does sometimes. IIRC it was said at the time he had head trauma as well as the broken jaw that he had surgery on.

That wouldn't explain his idiocy and rants BEFORE the accident.

• Love 3

Kanye gets "away" with stuff because from the moment he broke out with his solo album, he's been considered controversial and the guy who you never knew what he was going to say. It sort of became part of his image. Again, it somewhat amuses me when I read all this outrage about Kanye like any of this is new when the man basically called the President a racist on national television. Added to that is the fact that in my opinion, yes, he is very talented. Yes, I haven't loved his most recent stuff but in my opinion, Kanye has produced some of the most amazing hip hop albums ever and he was robbed  in my opinion, of an AOTY nomination for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. And as we all know, Hollywood is a very forgiving place if you're talented enough.

And frankly, while I will admit he's seemingly gone off the deep end in recent years and I resent him for marrying Kim and giving that damn family's 15 minutes a longer shelf life, I'm not sure why some act like Kanye should be shunned or something. Kanye hasn't killed anyone, hurt anyone, committed any crime, etc. He's just popped off at the mouth like a lunatic. Chris Brown can still have a career after beating Rihanna to near death and leaving her bloodied on the side of a road but Kanye shouldn't be getting passes...whatever that means.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And as we all know, Hollywood is a very forgiving place if you're talented enough if you bring in a lot of money & publicity regardless of any talent you may, or may not have. Like a Kardashian. Which Kanye now is.

Fixed that for you.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, iwasish said:

After today's developments, his  career just might be over. 

Naw, just because the police show up at your door doesn't mean you have to let them in. Telling them to get a search warrant is in your rights. He may be an asshole, but he's still an American citizen.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, GaT said:

Naw, just because the police show up at your door doesn't mean you have to let them in. Telling them to get a search warrant is in your rights. He may be an asshole, but he's still an American citizen.

Throwing duffel bags with drugs and weapons out the window while police surround your house. Not good citizenship. Lawyer to the stars Mark Geragos is on the way, TMZ is waiting for Brown to emerge from his house and surrender. Wonder if Kris will suggest that Kylie and Tyga find some new friends. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Throwing duffel bags with drugs and weapons out the window while police surround your house. Not good citizenship. Lawyer to the stars Mark Geragos is on the way, TMZ is waiting for Brown to emerge from his house and surrender. Wonder if Kris will suggest that Kylie and Tyga find some new friends. 

Kris will have to suggest that Scott find new friends too since Chris Brown is also one of his hang out buddies.

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Dont forget pulling a gun on someone today as well. And of course the whole  beating the crap out of Rihanna.  Chris Brown makes Kanye look classy.

Scott has been  tight with Chris and French Montana for a while.  They have been seen partying together quite a bit and Scott appeared in one of Chris' music videos.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

And Kendull.

• Love 1

Isn't that pretty common though, for fashion designers to want a certain "look" for their ad campaigns? I hate to defend this Fruit Loop, but Kanye's always used a pretty diverse range of models, including dark skinned women who are often ignored by the industry. This might be much ado about nothing.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Isn't that pretty common though, for fashion designers to want a certain "look" for their ad campaigns? I hate to defend this Fruit Loop, but Kanye's always used a pretty diverse range of models, including dark skinned women who are often ignored by the industry. This might be much ado about nothing.

I think the real controversy is that there's actually going to be a Yeezy Season 4, & I'm sure it will look exactly like the first 3. I still don't get how he's convincing people he's a designer.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I think the real controversy is that there's actually going to be a Yeezy Season 4, & I'm sure it will look exactly like the first 3. I still don't get how he's convincing people he's a designer.

I dont get it either. And there was this outrage a couple of weeks ago after people waited on line at the Pablo stores only to find out that the fugly $200 shirts they bought were actually $2 shirts made of the cheapest material there is. Ridiculous. Kim was posting on Snapchat yesterday these ugly boots and sneakers that are going to be part of the upcoming fashion show and all I can do is shake my head over how ugly they are. She was holding these little platform boots that Kanye got made for North especially for the show that will match his and they looked like something you would find in a discount store.  Then the other day Saint was wearing baby Yeezy 350's and people were losing their shit over "needing" a pair immediately, this was before Kim posted about them and I just kept thinking "people want their babies in those things"?. Ugly ugly shoes that will sell out in 2 minutes.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I dont get it either. And there was this outrage a couple of weeks ago after people waited on line at the Pablo stores only to find out that the fugly $200 shirts they bought were actually $2 shirts made of the cheapest material there is. Ridiculous. Kim was posting on Snapchat yesterday these ugly boots and sneakers that are going to be part of the upcoming fashion show and all I can do is shake my head over how ugly they are. She was holding these little platform boots that Kanye got made for North especially for the show that will match his and they looked like something you would find in a discount store.  Then the other day Saint was wearing baby Yeezy 350's and people were losing their shit over "needing" a pair immediately, this was before Kim posted about them and I just kept thinking "people want their babies in those things"?. Ugly ugly shoes that will sell out in 2 minutes.

So Kim can't model his stuff, nor Kylie and Kendall, Kourtney and Khloe? Not Kris? Only multiracial people can wear his ugly ass ripped sweats and prisoner of war outfits?  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, iwasish said:

So Kim can't model his stuff, nor Kylie and Kendall, Kourtney and Khloe? Not Kris? Only multiracial people can wear his ugly ass ripped sweats and prisoner of war outfits?  

Didn't he use Kylie in one of his "fashion" shows last year?

I'm not really interested enough to take a side on this but from what I understand, people are saying that 

1. It's ok for him to say multiracial models but it wouldn't be ok to say white models only (or even black models only).  

2. What does multiracial even mean??? Eurasian, part Mexican, half Lebanese? I would love for someone to show up and explain that they are part English and part American and does that fit the bill? (Tongue in cheek)

3. The argument that it is typically black women who are discriminated against in the modelling industry and he isn't helping. 

I don't really care about his shit clothing line but if he had brains he wouldn't have made it so obvious.  IIRC it was mostly "multiracial" women last time only he wasn't as dumb to announce it in the ad. 

• Love 8

I laughed so hard my husband ran into the room because he thought I was crying.

If those shoes can't support the weight of rail-thin models, then how are they going to support the weight of an average sized woman? Or Kim's silicone tumor ass, for that matter?

The show was such an epic disaster it came off like an SNL spoof. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I laughed so hard my husband ran into the room because he thought I was crying.

If those shoes can't support the weight of rail-thin models, then how are they going to support the weight of an average sized woman? Or Kim's silicone tumor ass, for that matter?

The show was such an epic disaster it came off like an SNL spoof. 

Oh please let SNL have a go at it.

Kendall must be dying, but you know she'll go with the Kardashian spin whatever it is.

The only hope is Scott. Lord, don't fail us now. 

• Love 3

What a joke that was.  Kanye is truly delusional if he thought that was a success. Putting the guests on a school excursion style bus with no food and then start the show an hour and a half late. Even Anna Wintour looked pissy at the late starting time. 

I just can't get past the way that those models were treated.  Apparently some had been in the sun for up to 5 hours, most were standing outside for at least 3 and the others were modeling fur and jackets in the blazing sun.  It seriously sh*ts me because Kanye has all the power and completely abused it.  There was no duty of care and none of those girls would have complained in fear of being blacklisted.  As it is the two who collapsed will probably have problems later.  The one who wobbled off the catwalk was assisted by a member of the audience, not one member of Team Yeezy was there to make sure that she didn't drop of heatstroke on the spot. Not to mention the ugliness of the rubbish they were modeling. 

I know that models are regularly taken advantage of and treated like crap but heat exhaustion is just appalling.  Can you imagine the Kardashian outrage if that ever happened to one of their girls?  If Kendall had been forced to stand in the sun for hours waiting for the designer to finally get around to starting the show? 

Kanye said that his pieces would be the sort that will last forever and that will end up in vintage shops later where people will be thrilled to get their hands on them.  I can imagine that they will end up in vintage shops (or the bin) because at least one owner will wake up after a drunken night out and will realise that they paid actual money for one of those pieces of crap and donates it to charity.  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Can you imagine the Kardashian outrage if that ever happened to one of their girls?  If Kendall had been forced to stand in the sun for hours waiting for the designer to finally get around to starting the show? 

And now we know why Kylie & Kendall weren't in the show.

• Love 1

He wanted multiracial models, I guess Kendall and Kylie don't fit the bill. Also Kylie has a Puma deal and Kendall's deals might not allow her to appear in his show, she can wear his crap on the street but maybe not model it. 

Smart move either way.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

I just can't get past the way that those models were treated.  Apparently some had been in the sun for up to 5 hours, most were standing outside for at least 3 and the others were modeling fur and jackets in the blazing sun.  It seriously sh*ts me because Kanye has all the power and completely abused it.  There was no duty of care and none of those girls would have complained in fear of being blacklisted.  As it is the two who collapsed will probably have problems later.  The one who wobbled off the catwalk was assisted by a member of the audience, not one member of Team Yeezy was there to make sure that she didn't drop of heatstroke on the spot. Not to mention the ugliness of the rubbish they were modeling. 

Is there some sort of regulatory body that can ban him from putting on fashion shows, at least at any "official" fashion week, in the future? His treatment of the models was egregious. When will someone in the fashion industry finally call "the emperor has no clothes" on this dipshit? The longer people like Anna Wintour keep kissing his ass, the more stupid they look by association.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Is there some sort of regulatory body that can ban him from putting on fashion shows, at least at any "official" fashion week, in the future? His treatment of the models was egregious. When will someone in the fashion industry finally call "the emperor has no clothes" on this dipshit? The longer people like Anna Wintour keep kissing his ass, the more stupid they look by association.

Anna Wintour is basically the queen of fashion, as long as she keeps supporting Kanye, nothing is going to stop him. She might make some quiet "suggestions" to him, but there will be no public condemnation of him unless she says so.

36 minutes ago, GaT said:

Anna Wintour is basically the queen of fashion, as long as she keeps supporting Kanye, nothing is going to stop him. She might make some quiet "suggestions" to him, but there will be no public condemnation of him unless she says so.

Anna's lost her touch. I hope the Conde Nast execs are taking notice and starting to think about her replacement. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, GaT said:

Anna Wintour can go #%€k herself. How that woman hasn't lost all credibility with this endless fanny kissing is beyond me.

• Love 9

Kanye is packing away all of  his clothing line.. he needs to let the moths have at them until Season 5. I figure by Season 10, there won't be enough material left to even have a line. Hopefully our long national nightmare will be over then.

• Love 3

So, according to the article, the models did not pass out from heat, or lack of water, or lack of food...but because of the emotional stress of standing and having people look at them for two hours.

And Kanye purposely started late because this caused his audience to fall into a meditative state due to observing and having to wait.

I..........what...........huh?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So, according to the article, the models did not pass out from heat, or lack of water, or lack of food...but because of the emotional stress of standing and having people look at them for two hours.

And Kanye purposely started late because this caused his audience to fall into a meditative state due to observing and having to wait.

I..........what...........huh?

Maybe they passed out from embarrassment at wearing his crap.

For example, legendary amounts of underboob:

vc0oxoN.jpg

• Love 6

Once again, Kanye proves that his clothes are just as ugly as his personality. No self-respecting moth would be caught dead eating them. Those ridiculous see-through, thigh-high boots make womens' toes look like pickled pig's feet and probably smell even worse after they take them off. As for the models, Yeezy basically treated them like slaves, only real slaves were usually dressed better. 

About the fashion press, given Kanye's treatment of them at the show, his getting torn new assholes by them even bigger than the ones in his shitty clothes is karmic justice at its best. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7

Tim Gunn was interviewed this morning on a local radio station in my town and he went off on Kanye's clothing line. He again called him a hoax, was horrified that people were applauding this, said the fashion was appalling and it was bringing shame to the industry. It was amazing. 

• Love 12