Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Kris Jenner and her 60-year-old boobs (My eyes! My eyes!) can have a giant helping of STFU.

No one was holding a gun to their heads when they walked out of - wherever - looking like they did. And if your grown daughter is cramping your style, tell her to move out. It's not like she and her children will be living in a (luxury) car otherwise.

Sheesh.

• Love 2

Of course they're scared. They're afraid he'll have a another tantrum, like a two-year-old child would. Like the one he had on the set of SNL. He's a spoiled, self-centered asshole. I wouldn't put up with his f'ing shit for 5 minutes. I can't, for the life of me, understand WTH people cater to him and put up with his bullshit. If I had been running the show on SNL, I would have thrown his ass out and banned him from walking on the premises ever again. I just don't get why adults are allowed to act that way, regardless of who they are, how much money/power they have, etc.

Agreed. I just read this about Princess Kanye and his SNL appearances:

Page Six obtained a leaked audio tape of Kanye’s meltdown backstage at “Saturday Night Live.” He flew into a frenzy moments before the show, hosted by Melissa McCarthy, because the lighting director ordered the crew to take up the flooring on his set.

Kanye was heard yelling, “By 50 percent Stanley Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul, f - - king Picasso and Escobar. By 50 percent, more influential than any other human being. Don’t f - - k with me. Don’t f - - k with me. Don’t f - - k with me.”

And it wasn’t the first time Kanye has flipped out over a floor. Sources tell us that when he previously appeared on “SNL” as the musical guest, he demanded expensive marble flooring. An insider related, “Kanye said, ‘If I’m going to sing like a stone, I need to feel the stone,’ and then got his team to bring in a huge piece of marble. It was ridiculous.”

Stephen Colbert's takedown of Kanye was even more epic than Taylor Swift's, from start to finish, whether it was his calling Kanye "a visionary toddler," comparing him to Candyman or saying that his chances of sleeping with Taylor Swift are about as good as him winning a Grammy he wasn't nominated for. Colbert's dissecting Kanye's website was hilarious. There are children's board/video games that are more coherent than that shit-and more useful. "7-Screen Movie Experience?" "Emoticon Auto-Correct?" Walt Disney (one of Kanye's inspirations) would be turning over in his grave right now, if he cared, that is.

Colbert's dissing Kanye's tweets was best of all, from his pleas to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg on Twitter to his calling Africa a country. Kanye's expecting Zuckerberg to bail Kanye out just because he is-or, I'm guessing, was-a fan would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. Zuckerberg's even listening to Kanye's music in the first place, much less saying nice things about it should be thanks enough for Kanye, but he has to put on a poor mouth-which would be much more convincing if there weren't pictures of him sipping champagne in a jewelry store.

Kanye's SNL rant is not only even more proof of how delusional he is, it shows that he needs serious psychiatric help, which he should get ASAP, if not for his sake, then for his kids.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

Kris is no shrinking violet, I doubt she'd wear anything she hated just to be nice. She can smile and talk about his genius all she wants, that statement alone tells me she's witnessed his rants up close and personal and then dealt with his sulking and moping around. She placates him, just like Kim has to.

Another Reddit gem:

ZjGpW6H.jpg

Did he and Kim ever look as happy as John and Chrissy, when they were preggers?

I see Kanye's now trying to sell not just leather pants but torn leather pants!!

Be thankful you don't speak Kanye. But I am super curious about how he was going to fix wolves.

They're already endangered, they don't need him making it worse.

Agreed. I just read this about Princess Kanye and his SNL appearances:

Page Six obtained a leaked audio tape of Kanye’s meltdown backstage at “Saturday Night Live.” He flew into a frenzy moments before the show, hosted by Melissa McCarthy, because the lighting director ordered the crew to take up the flooring on his set.

Kanye was heard yelling, “By 50 percent Stanley Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul, f - - king Picasso and Escobar. By 50 percent, more influential than any other human being. Don’t f - - k with me. Don’t f - - k with me. Don’t f - - k with me.”

And it wasn’t the first time Kanye has flipped out over a floor. Sources tell us that when he previously appeared on “SNL” as the musical guest, he demanded expensive marble flooring. An insider related, “Kanye said, ‘If I’m going to sing like a stone, I need to feel the stone,’ and then got his team to bring in a huge piece of marble. It was ridiculous.”

What. the. Fuck. Sing like a stone? What does that mean?

• Love 3

Kris is no shrinking violet, I doubt she'd wear anything she hated just to be nice. She can smile and talk about his genius all she wants, that statement alone tells me she's witnessed his rants up close and personal and then dealt with his sulking and moping around. She placates him, just like Kim has to.

If that SNL rant is any indication as to what Kim deals with behind closed doors, it's no wonder she doesn't want to live with her husband. It's easier to just go along rather than argue. For example I don't think Kim would have picked such stupid names for her kids or worn those awful sausage casing dresses if Kanye hadn't insisted on it. Despite her success, Kim doesn't have a strong personality. She's a follower, not a leader.

• Love 8

I really don't think Kris has an opinion about him, one way or the other. Either he is good for the brand, or he isn't. If he starts damaging the brand financially and/or there is no social benefit to having him tied to the family, then she'll be over him. But hey, Kim is hanging out with John Legend and his wife, and they were all photographed together, so Kanye is still useful in some ways.

Fwiw that picture of them with John and Chrissy is over a year old.

I think they must be still hanging out though. Somewhere in one of these threads I had posted a recent picture of pregnant Chrissy wearing an outfit that looked like she stole it from Kim. A week or so later I ran across this article http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/news/chrissy-teigen-stole-kim-kardashians-pregnancy-uniform-w161058 

I think they must be hanging out a lot if Chrissy is copying Kim's style so much.

Watching Shark Tank last night and it crossed my mind how much fun it would be if Kanye would take his Donda chart to Shark Tank and let the Sharks have at it.

I would pay to watch. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 8

If that SNL rant is any indication as to what Kim deals with behind closed doors, it's no wonder she doesn't want to live with her husband. It's easier to just go along rather than argue. For example I don't think Kim would have picked such stupid names for her kids or worn those awful sausage casing dresses if Kanye hadn't insisted on it. Despite her success, Kim doesn't have a strong personality. She's a follower, not a leader.

Kim wouldn’t have wanted to live full-time with Kanye even if he were as peaceful and mild-mannered as a monk. She’s much too selfish to live with anyone other than her mommy. Remember, she didn’t want Kris H. to move his belongings, much less his pets, into her house and had to be reminded by Rob that she was, you know…married. I think she’d prefer Kanye’s rants and unflattering outfits a million times over than to have faded into obscurity as Mrs. Kris Humphries of Minnesota. In 2011 Kris H. told Kim that “in four years nobody will know who you are.”  This is now five years later and how wrong he was. And let’s get real here, for Kim obscurity would be a fate worse than death—or an unstable but media-magnet celebrity husband.

• Love 5

I saw the rest of those pics on Daily Fail, and both Kanye and North looked really tired. I don't know why Kim just didn't go shopping by herself.

Kanye has been such an ass lately, this outing - as well as the release of the baby's photo - was probably about creating a better look for Kanye. Nice try, but he can't even stay awake and doesn't actually look very caring in the way he carries North - where is his other arm?
  • Love 5

Eh, this really wasnt such an odd occurrence though except for the fact that apparently John Legend and Chrissy Tiegen were also on this shopping trip.  Look at Kim/Kanye fan dedicated instagram account (like @bound2west for example) and you'll see Kanye and Kim, especially Kanye out with North really isnt so unusual. As obnoxious as I find both him and Kim I find it bizarre that they cant win no matter what they do. If they're photographed out by themselves they get bitched at on social media for not spending enough time with their children, but when they are seen out with North its a photo-op. I think if anything was calculated and set-up to make Kanye look good is the incident at the airport the other day where he broke up a fight between some paparazzi. That reeked of "see look at me! I'm not so bad!"

• Love 3

Eh, this really wasnt such an odd occurrence though except for the fact that apparently John Legend and Chrissy Tiegen were also on this shopping trip. 

Chrissy Tiegen is as big a famewhore as any of the Kardashians.

• Love 4

IMO, that sounds like publicist-created drivel to boost album sales. My understanding is that Tidal has largely been a flop. If you circulate a press release inferring all the cool kids are subscribing, then the sheep will follow.

I take any story about the Kardashians with a grain of salt.

• Love 4

IMO, that sounds like publicist-created drivel to boost album sales. My understanding is that Tidal has largely been a flop. If you circulate a press release inferring all the cool kids are subscribing, then the sheep will follow.

I take any story about the Kardashians with a grain of salt.

Considering the outrageous amount of illegal downloads the album got IMO its too late to try to go this route. The album is EVERYWHERE circulating for free now illegally. You have to spend the $20 to subscribe to Tidal to stream it, not even download it. For a few hours you were able to download it for $10 on Tidal but that was brief. I can believe Kanye has enough loyal fans to shell out $20 giving Tidal a boost, even doubling I will buy because Tidals numbers have been shit. The app did shoot up to #1 in the itunes store the night of the MSG concert so it definitely got a surge. Look at the hundreds of dollars these people spend on Yeezys. But I think the line of bullshit is that he's saving Tidal.  A company needs ongoing business to keep striving.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/18/500000-kanye-west-life-of-pablo/

Meanwhile, as Fortune‘s Mathew Ingram recently pointed out, West’s Tidal-only release strategy could be good for the streaming service, but it might also come back to hurt the rapper, unless he eventually relents and releases the album through other platforms once demand peaks.
  • Love 3

He's gone off on another twitter rant again, and again mentions Taylor Swift (indirectly)

"I made Dark Fantasy and Watch the Throne in one year and wasn’t nominated for either and you know who has 2 albums of the year."

Also going on about someone named Bob Erzin who I never heard of but is apparently now trending on Twitter.

Boz Ezrin, actually. Apparently, The Universe's Most Special Number One Genius found someone new to feud with.

Thanks for the link.  Kanye must have been livid:

"He said West’s music would not stand the test of time – “unlike other creators in his genre like Jay Z, Tupac, Biggie or even MC Hammer” – and that he did not “open up new avenues of discourse like NWA, or introduce the world to a new art form like Grandmaster Flash, or even meaningfully and memorably address social issues through his music like Marshall, Macklemore and Kendrick”. West’s songwriting, Ezrin wrote, “was sophomoric at best”.

“Instead, Kanye’s greatest achievements have been in the form of excessive behaviour, egomaniacal tantrums and tasteless grandstanding,” he wrote, adding that what really annoyed him was that people might think West was an artist. He said he had not listened to West’s album The Life of Pablo, which currently is only available on Tidal."

• Love 3

Thanks for the link.  Kanye must have been livid:

"He said West’s music would not stand the test of time – “unlike other creators in his genre like Jay Z, Tupac, Biggie or even MC Hammer” – and that he did not “open up new avenues of discourse like NWA, or introduce the world to a new art form like Grandmaster Flash, or even meaningfully and memorably address social issues through his music like Marshall, Macklemore and Kendrick”. West’s songwriting, Ezrin wrote, “was sophomoric at best”.

“Instead, Kanye’s greatest achievements have been in the form of excessive behaviour, egomaniacal tantrums and tasteless grandstanding,” he wrote, adding that what really annoyed him was that people might think West was an artist. He said he had not listened to West’s album The Life of Pablo, which currently is only available on Tidal."

Oh, goodness.  Pandora's Box - she is opened.

• Love 5

He's gone off on another twitter rant again, and again mentions Taylor Swift (indirectly)

"I made Dark Fantasy and Watch the Throne in one year and wasn’t nominated for either and you know who has 2 albums of the year."

Also going on about someone named Bob Erzin who I never heard of but is apparently now trending on Twitter.

Was that "Watch the Throne"  or "Watch the Thrown"?

Clearly more people liked "you know who's" stuff better than yours. Anyway I always thought that great artists aren't looking to get awards  and accolades, that it was the act of creating that drove them. All these awards shows are  a popularity contest and apparently you are not popular enough.

• Love 4

Besides Tay-Tay beating Beyonce at the VH1s, what exactly is his beef with her?  She's a young, talented female singer.  Why can't Kanye let this go?  Does he want to be her?  Does he want to be the first male member of her Girl Squad?  If Kanye is King of the Universe, what is it about her that gets under his skin?  It's such a bizarre feud on his part and he sounds more and more nuts every single time he mentions her.

And while I have no sympathy for Kim, it must be getting old for her to constantly hear about Kanye and Amber's sexytimes.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

Okay, I can't believe I'm about to defend Kanye, but here goes. I think Kanye's rants are more about the political aspect of the music business rather than any personal beef. Taylor's harmless, but honestly she isn't a vocal powerhouse and she's been singing the same tween-y songs about breaking up with her boyfriend for the last ten years. Kanye is delusional, but I don't think he's entirely off base in saying Taylor gets accolades due to being America's Sweetheart rather than having any serious depth as an artist.

Okay, I'm going to go bathe in Lysol now...

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

The thing that's really nuts about his latest Taylor beef is a few months ago they made peace, they were going out for lunch together, he was sending her flowers, etc. I think the problem really happened though with the song and the crass lyrics. He called her about and probably thought she would laugh it off..he ignored her plea to not release it and lied about her true feelings, her people called him out, and then Taylor made that glorious dig at him during her Grammy speech. That's probably what set him off.

The free trial at Tidal makes the numbers they are claiming even more believable. They should probably wait and see after the trial ends if those million+ people pony up the money.

Eta: I think I'll go take a bath too BitterApple because I completely agree and get what you are saying about the basis of his rants. I'll add I listened to all the albums that were up for AOTY and I sure didn't think Taylor deserved that win.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2

The numbers of people signing up may be accurate, but Tidal has a 30 days free trial period, so maybe that's all it is, people who plan on canceling before the 30 days is up. I hope. 

Exactly!  This story is complete BS.  The number of people who are signed up for the trial doubled the numbers.  These people are not going to continue to pay that much money for the service after the free trial - they just won't.

• Love 4

Okay, I can't believe I'm about to defend Kanye, but here goes. I think Kanye's rants are more about the political aspect of the music business rather than any personal beef. Taylor's harmless, but honestly she isn't a vocal powerhouse and she's been singing the same tween-y songs about breaking up with her boyfriend for the last ten years. Kanye is delusional, but I don't think he's entirely off base in saying Taylor gets accolades due to being America's Sweetheart rather than having any serious depth as an artist.

Yes - I agree with what you are saying.  Some of Kanye's music has depth and meaning.  I do not think he is some lyrical genius by any means, but when I heard that song Only One (maybe because I have sons) I teared up, it means something.  Taylor's stuff is fluff and surface.  Maybe she is only so deep. 

I think the way to tell if something is "art" is to ask, does this make me feel something?  He wants the awards to mean something, to be awarded to the song that makes you feel.  I agree.

BUT - the awards are BS and arbitrary, and they will never be a real gauge.  He should just accept that and enjoy making his music.  But something tells me he doesn't really want to just let it be the way it is. 

• Love 5