Type keyword(s) to search

I Am Shauna Rae - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A thought occurred to me...  Has it been determined that her dwarfism really IS medically induced?  How do we know she wouldn't have developed this form of dwarfism regardless?  I suppose genetic testing could answer that question, but I wonder if she's ever had it or was it just assumed chemotherapy was the cause?

I continue to search for other examples, but have never heard of this before...

It’s official. Her parents are famewhores. They’ve already signed up for Cameo. You know the site where you can pay a z-list celebrity to film a personalized message for someone? They’re selling a personalized message from them for $35. That’s the same price Christine from Sister Wives charges. Who is a little more well known and he’s been on TV for 10+ years. 

As usual, I’ve learned to stick to these parts of the internet. I joined a FB group where if you call her out on anything (not being mature enough, etc) you get called a bully. To some of these people, she’s inspirational! 😆 Turns out her dad started his own group to talk about the show where only positive things can be said. He gives me a case of the weirds. On his IG, he wished Riley (the youngest) a happy birthday but never saw a post on Shaunna’s or her older sisters birthday. The family just seems so odd

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Tonight's episode "Growing When You Can't Grow". More whining about clothes not fitting or being appropriate looking for her age and size. More whining about wanting to get her own place to live. More whining about dating problems. More whining about her family being over protective. Whining about their co-dependency.

And we're only 18 minutes in. I don't think I can take anymore. Now I'M whining!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Tonight's episode "Growing When You Can't Grow". More whining about clothes not fitting or being appropriate looking for her age and size. More whining about wanting to get her own place to live. More whining about dating problems. More whining about her family being over protective. Whining about their co-dependency.

And we're only 18 minutes in. I don't think I can take anymore. Now I'M whining!

There is not a single thing she can do where she can resist whining about it. She doesn't seem to enjoy a single thing unless it involves making her sister uncomfortable. 

• Love 8

I’m so over this show… just whine whine whine… talking about how she wants to move out, and gets all hissy when her sister asks how is she going to pay for it… she doesn’t work, no mention of her having gone to college, so yea, how does she plan to afford living on her own? And whining about the costumes… yea lots of things won’t fit off the rack. It’s Halloween, you don’t need to buy a costume from a store. Wear a pair of jeans, boots, a flannel shirt and call yourself a farmer. Who the hell cares. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Chronic migraines; panic attacks...  Yup, I'm seeing a disability check and thus no real motivation to study for a career.

Shauna, maybe the costume guy is focusing on you because cameras are there!

When has she ever "felt alone" with that suffocating, hovering family?

24 minutes ago, missnoa said:

There is not a single thing she can do where she can resist whining about it. She doesn't seem to enjoy a single thing unless it involves making her sister uncomfortable. 

Did that guy not have a little dominatrix costume?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

It’s official. Her parents are famewhores. They’ve already signed up for Cameo. You know the site where you can pay a z-list celebrity to film a personalized message for someone? They’re selling a personalized message from them for $35. That’s the same price Christine from Sister Wives charges. Who is a little more well known and he’s been on TV for 10+ years. 

As usual, I’ve learned to stick to these parts of the internet. I joined a FB group where if you call her out on anything (not being mature enough, etc) you get called a bully. To some of these people, she’s inspirational! 😆 Turns out her dad started his own group to talk about the show where only positive things can be said. He gives me a case of the weirds. On his IG, he wished Riley (the youngest) a happy birthday but never saw a post on Shaunna’s or her older sisters birthday. The family just seems so odd

What is the name of his FB group? 

Out of necessity she should've learned to sew and not have to rely on off the rack.

Unfortunately Halloween costumes for women generally focus on show your tits.

I was taken aback at the tantrum she threw before they left the house.  Maybe not throwing tantrums would make the parents trust her more as being a mature adult and give their blessing for her to move out.  Naw the parents look like they are loving the cameras.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

What is the name of his FB group? 

I didn’t see. I just saw someone link it and tell all the positive people to “go there, her dad runs it and doesn’t allow negative Nancy’s”. 

• Love 1

Catching yesterday's episode.

In regards to the costume shopping, I call PLOT CONTRIVANCE. Cosplayers MAKE THEIR OWN COSTUMES taking off the rack stuff and altering it or learning to sew.  Learn to do the same.

Shauna has so much potential but partially her and partially her mother, she will always be a high school graduate living at mom and dads and whining that she wants to do more but is not allowed.

She wants to learn to drive? Learn to drive. Goddamn it. Your fucking 22 years old.  Get a car with special attachments for shorter people and learn to drive.  Yet instead of action, she just keeps talking about it.

She wants to move out? Ok, get a job.  You won't become a large, small or any type of vet on a highschool education. Why are you not in college? She could easily go away to school, stay in dorm and gain independence and get an education to obtain her dream.  But with a HS education at best she will get a job at Walmart.  

I think she wants her cake and to eat it too. Her parents pay for an apt, for the car, etc. and she just lazy and sits around the house trolling for guys.

Fuck her size. It has nothing to do with her size. It has all to do with her attitude and it's a shitty one.  Girlfriend is a brat. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

She wants to move out? Ok, get a job.  You won't become a large, small or any type of vet on a highschool education. Why are you not in college? She could easily go away to school, stay in dorm and gain independence and get an education to obtain her dream.  But with a HS education at best she will get a job at Walmart.  

Too, she could go to college online, and there are a lot more jobs done online, that wouldn't require driving and a car first.
Start earning a regular salary.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Chronic migraines; panic attacks... 

Did I understand this correctly regarding the "panic attack" SR had at the Halloween costume store?

Did she tell her mom that the guy at the sales counter (who was trying his very best to be helpful and accommodating!) was giving her anxiety because he was being too pushy?! She didn't say it in those exact words but pretty damn close.

She's a bratty drama queen. And for fuck sake, go GET your own apartment. You're getting a paycheck from TLC. 

Is next week the final episode where she talks about her doctor being concerned that her brain tumor might have returned? TLC is just using this hype so people will continue to watch. She doesn't have another brain tumor. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6

She doesn't need a TV Show she needs therapy. Clearly this girl has no coping skills other than lashing out on everyone around her about dealing with the hand she's been given. Her younger sister needs to quit enabling her behavior and she needs to quit with the blatant resentment she has of her older sister. She needs to learn life skills so that she can become a productive member of society. I've seen people with no arms and legs figure out how to adapt to life. I've seen countless other little people figure life out. I thought going into this show I would see this girl learn how to adapt to life not just whine every week at the hand she's been given. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, ellenr33 said:

. She needs to learn life skills so that she can become a productive member of society

I'm pretty sure Shauna and her parents believe that getting paid by TLC does qualify as being a productive member of society.

There's something about this show that reeks of fake and phoniness. I get the vibe that all of these family members are "acting" and playing up everything just to have a reality show. I'm not referring to the brain tumor issues but everything else..definitely bad acting. I am already disgusted with all of them.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, seasons said:

"I don't care for neurologists".

wth?

I mean, I don't look forward to seeing mine, but he's kind of a necessary evil. 

4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

If the matchmaker knew of another pituitary dwarf (supposedly due to cancer), why didn't she match them in the first place instead of bringing in Abraham???

I feel played...

And he just happens to also be 22 and lives in her area. Well, now that's just an amazing coincidence or completely fake. I wonder which it could be. 

1 hour ago, Bubbysplace said:

IMO anxiety attack=temper tantrum. At least in her case. Whiny snot. She needs to seek therapy and maybe once she starts acting like an adult people will start treating her like one. 

Not to be mean, but she also needs to have her missing tooth replaced. She does look young, but it probably doesn't help she looks like the tooth fairy just made a visit. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Not to be mean, but she also need to have her missing tooth replaced. She does look young, but it probably doesn't help she looks like the tooth fairy just made a visit. 

Dental implants are hella expensive, but she could at least have a flipper made for about $100.  But then she's probably whine about how uncomfortable that was...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

I mean, I don't look forward to seeing mine, but he's kind of a necessary evil. 

And he just happens to also be 22 and lives in her area. Well, now that's just an amazing coincidence or completely fake. I wonder which it could be. 

Not to be mean, but she also needs to have her missing tooth replaced. She does look young, but it probably doesn't help she looks like the tooth fairy just made a visit. 

I swear I'll die laughing if she adds that to her list of shit to whine about. Next season will be all about her missing tooth. How it's traumatizing her and people are staring at her mouth now. How difficult it is to be tiny, short AND have a missing tooth. Who would ever want to be with her? Lol!

• LOL 4

I realize life as someone different can be very challenging.  I got made fun of for my height and weight, as a thin tall twig. People make fun of you for any reason. It was hard to find clothes so I learned how to use a sewing machine. You make do.

• Love 5

I grew up with grade-school classmate who was a proportional dwarf, had a growth-hormone problem and ended up ~4' tall.  We noticed he was smaller but treated him like a normal kid because he acted like a normal kid. He could do everything we did and was such a can-do person that he was one of the best softball players and even saved his toddler brother from drowning in the pool.

I hope her date drives up in a car, tells her about his great time in college and how he got and performs a job he loves. That might get her to stop whining and start doing something with her life. She could learn to sew and make her own clothes and costumes that fit perfectly. A vampire cape is easy to make. What has she been doing with all her free time since high school?

I agree about the missing 12-yr molar. When she is standing alone and you cannot judge how tall she is, she is well proportioned and would pass for 22 if her mouth is closed.  With all her TLC money she could invest in a fake tooth, voice coach and behavioral therapist to learn how to talk & behave like a 22 yr old and enjoy life.  3' tall kids at my dentist never had a problem tilting the thermometer when they signed in but Shauna turns every molehill into a mountain. Perhaps she needs a life coach to learn to approach things with a can-do attitude instead of her can't-do attitude.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps she needs a life coach to learn to approach things with a can-do attitude instead of her can't-do attitude.

True. But that's NOT what TLC is looking for in the world of reality shows. 

But this show is a total flop. The first season is just ending and most of the viewers don't like her or her family. Especially ME!

Maybe Shauna should watch some old TLC shows like the twin girls who were born with one body and 2 heads (IIRC). They never complained. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe Shauna should watch some old TLC shows like the twin girls who were born with one body and 2 heads (IIRC). They never complained. 

Abby and Brittany Hensel are the twins. They drive, went to college, and were teachers. I don't know if they still teach or not, but you can bet they get a hell of a lot more stares than Shauna. 

Shauna loves to whine, I can't, I can't, I can't. NO! It's i won't, I won't, I won't with her. Most, if not all, of her issues are self and mommy imposed. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Abby and Brittany Hensel are the twins. They drive, went to college, and were teachers. I don't know if they still teach or not, but you can bet they get a hell of a lot more stares than Shauna. 

Shauna loves to whine, I can't, I can't, I can't. NO! It's i won't, I won't, I won't with her. Most, if not all, of her issues are self and mommy imposed. 

Yes! She’s constantly making it about what she can’t do… yes it’s sucks she had cancer as a baby but that can’t be her excuse for why she can’t do something for the rest of her life. Last I heard, being short doesn’t preclude you from going to college and being a functional member of society. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

Yes! She’s constantly making it about what she can’t do… yes it’s sucks she had cancer as a baby but that can’t be her excuse for why she can’t do something for the rest of her life. Last I heard, being short doesn’t preclude you from going to college and being a functional member of society. 

It even annoyed me when she rode the horse. When I was that size I rode ponies. Horses are also amazingly good at feeling a weight shift or head turn.

• Love 1

And what an odd time, in general, for TLC to introduce a show about a selfish, whining brat. This is a time/era over the entire world for people losing loved ones to Covid. Losing jobs, their homes and cars.

And TLC thought it was a good idea to give this selfish, ungrateful "family" their own series WHY?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

I get the feeling this was somehow supposed to be a replacement for Jazz, who has aged or grown out of her "cute little girl" stage.  The placement of this show right after "Jazz" and the preview logo in the lower right-hand corner during it tells the tale, along with the "trapped in a _____ body" narrative.

Not sure how that worked out for them, though...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Dental implants are hella expensive, but she could at least have a flipper made for about $100.  But then she's probably whine about how uncomfortable that was...

I needed an implant several years ago. Insurance considers it "cosmetic" even though it was a back molar. They paid for the tooth extraction (it was cracked) but I paid almost $4000 for the implant. They insisted I needed the implant. I had a tooth issue a few weeks ago and went to another dental office. Back molar cracked. He extracted it. I asked if I HAD to have an implant and he said, no, its your choice. 

Yes, I come from a family of really bad teeth! 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I needed an implant several years ago. Insurance considers it "cosmetic" even though it was a back molar. They paid for the tooth extraction (it was cracked) but I paid almost $4000 for the implant. They insisted I needed the implant. I had a tooth issue a few weeks ago and went to another dental office. Back molar cracked. He extracted it. I asked if I HAD to have an implant and he said, no, its your choice. 

Yes, I come from a family of really bad teeth! 

Yeah; it's good to get a second opinion before spending THAT much money out of pocket.  I've lost a couple of molars (also a family of bad teeth), but I manage.

If you're going to be on national TV, however, and it shows, at least get a flipper.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Yeah; it's good to get a second opinion before spending THAT much money out of pocket.  I've lost a couple of molars (also a family of bad teeth), but I manage.

If you're going to be on national TV, however, and it shows, at least get a flipper.

I know, looking back I should have. I had used this office before and always trusted them. They are a pretty big deal around here. The place I used this last time is new. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

I think TLC probably rushed this show to air since they dumped the Duggars and had a slot to fill in their schedule. 

Maybe if she were likable. I'm not saying that about the Duggars because people were watching that.

• Love 4

The Duggars were dumped a long time ago!  These newest TLC shows leave a lot -- A LOT -- to be desired.  They need to hire fresh blood in programming or something...  Or just bring back Kate Gosselin.  😄

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1

I agree with the poster above, she can call it a panic attack all she wants, but to me it was clearly a temper tantrum. She states she wants to be treated like an adult, then shut the whiney ass up and act like one. From what I  have seen, being a little person doesn't disqualify you from getting a driver's license, as we see on many little people shows, I think she just enjoys having people do stuff for her. She is boring, her family is boring. The only thing I like about the show are the adorable dogs.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

The Duggars were dumped a long time ago!  These newest TLC shows leave a lot -- A LOT -- to be desired.  They need to hire fresh blood in programming or something...  Or just bring back Kate Gosselin.  😄

They can call me. I can be boring too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm actually surprised Shauna doesn't seem to have any social media of her own (at least not any that's public), you would think she'd be trying to milk her fame from the show and her condition as much as possible by trying to become an influencer on top of it all (considering how many people supposedly consider her "inspirational") but I guess she's either "not allowed" by mommy and daddy or hasn't thought about it yet. Guess we'll see what happens after the show is over.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

True. But that's NOT what TLC is looking for in the world of reality shows. 

But this show is a total flop. The first season is just ending and most of the viewers don't like her or her family. Especially ME!

And they learned to drive, went to college, and are now teaching at a grade school.  Independent and doing well.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

I'm actually surprised Shauna doesn't seem to have any social media of her own (at least not any that's public), you would think she'd be trying to milk her fame from the show and her condition as much as possible by trying to become an influencer on top of it all (considering how many people supposedly consider her "inspirational") but I guess she's either "not allowed" by mommy and daddy or hasn't thought about it yet. Guess we'll see what happens after the show is over.

She’s got an Instagram with an over 40K following. She’s milking. 

• Love 3

Shauna said she doesn’t know or had never  seen any other dwarves in real life. Her parents never thought or was a good idea to research this & take her to some of the little people conventions? Actively seek our other parents of little people for support? Sound a little negligent. Also agree that was not a panic attack  it was a case of “ spoiledbratitis”. 
and I still want to know why they moved to ( very expensive) Long Island. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Shauna said she doesn’t know or had never  seen any other dwarves in real life. Her parents never thought or was a good idea to research this & take her to some of the little people conventions? Actively seek our other parents of little people for support? Sound a little negligent. Also agree that was not a panic attack  it was a case of “ spoiledbratitis”. 
and I still want to know why they moved to ( very expensive) Long Island. 

That’s outrageous. Her parents never provided her with an opportunity to interact with other dwarfs? Omg…..it’s cruel and horribly negligent, imo.  People often say that parents do the best they can, but I do not agree with that saying.  There are are sadly plenty of parents who fail their kids miserably and they don’t even try.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s outrageous. Her parents never provided her with an opportunity to interact with other dwarfs? Omg…..it’s cruel and horribly negligent, imo.  People often say that parents do the best they can, but I do not agree with that saying.  There are are sadly plenty of parents who fail their kids miserably and they don’t even try.  

I think Shauna's mom doesn't consider her daughter a dwarf. Technically she might not be a dwarf but so what? She's still unusually short, not any close to a normal stature. Does mom think Shauna is better than "little people" so why let her associate with them? Shauna might have made some great friends and had some fun times. Learned a lot of life lessons from other little people.

I went on Wikipedia to look up the family "tree" of Shauna and it left me so confused. So Shauna's bio dad's last name is Lesnick (Scott). Shauna has a sister Tara with the last name Lesnick. Shauna also has 2 half sisters Rylee Rae and Morgan Rae (from the mom's side). Step dad's last name is Schrankel.

Is "Rae" a middle name? or did mom have 2 kids with Lesnick and 2 kids with another guy with the last name Rae? We know she has no kids with Mr. Puppet Schrankel. At least I hope not.

I know there's folks on this thread who are really good at making sense of family "trees" that include multiple children from multiple mothers and fathers. I'm not so thanks in advance for explaining. I don't even know if the info I got from the internet is accurate.