Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

I see that Lexie got a lot of recognition for 50 games from her teammates.  Jalyn also had 50 games not too long ago and I recall that I didn’t see any of her teammates making a big deal like they have for others in the past. Am I wrong? Did I miss it?

• Useful 4
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I like Armani a lot. Cute look, very charismatic dancer. I do feel like they haven't quite nailed her look yet. I think darker hair was more flattering.

223381135_ac_latimer2022-01-1609.13CYy6siqOPAe_0271875255_1572421589788293_2906016431231661453_n(1).thumb.jpg.3316462e487b5767d2fe8b2c49011de0.jpg

It's the quality, color, and placement of her wig. Something so easy to fix. Makes me sad. At least she absolutely rocks it anyway.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I like Armani a lot. Cute look, very charismatic dancer. I do feel like they haven't quite nailed her look yet. I think darker hair was more flattering.

17 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

It's the quality, color, and placement of her wig. Something so easy to fix. Makes me sad. At least she absolutely rocks it anyway.

13 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

armani's hair is doing absolutely nothing for her, it's a shame

Here is Armani with her hair straightened and maybe some extensions in. She looks like a completely different person.  I am not criticizing her look, it's her choice, and most of us probably do not understand the ins-and-out of afro-hair and the expectations and pressure of a socially constructed white society and extremely biased beauty standards, but she is definitely one that could change it up completely different and still be a 10. My partner loves Armani and has only seen her look with the current wig, so it really is preference.

armani.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

In looking through her instagram, it looks like she rarely wore her hair natural and then she cut it off right before DCC auditions. Maybe Covid made her old style too difficult to maintain, or her hair was damaged, or she just wanted to be natural. In looking through her IG just now, there was more glam/sexy/model/pageant stuff than I expected to see. All this time I've been seeing Armani as fun, energetic, and cute girl, but she's got some glamzilla in her too.

I knew Kelli would change her hair, because it didn't have the kind of movement Kelli likes. But now I wonder if Armani's current hair style was a deliberate choice, not so much to find her best look, but to make her different from other AA women on the team. Like they decided since they already have Kat and Ashlee doing the long barrel curled sexy/glam and sophisticated thing, they would make Armani into the "sporty and cute" girl.  ("A girl for every fan" and all that.)

I know I didn't expect to see underboob. Or that tattoo. If she's been covering that with makeup this whole time, she's been doing a bang up job. Maybe that's something they teach you in pageants.605130602_ac_latimer2020-03-1511.12B9wrKajJ13K_089849011_2484152048515073_6035462720405552818_n.thumb.jpg.e3a452cfa105cb832091affb0fb93e4d.jpg

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

In looking through her instagram, it looks like she rarely wore her hair natural and then she cut it off right before DCC auditions. Maybe Covid made her old style too difficult to maintain, or her hair was damaged, or she just wanted to be natural. In looking through her IG just now, there was more glam/sexy/model/pageant stuff than I expected to see. All this time I've been seeing Armani as fun, energetic, and cute girl, but she's got some glamzilla in her too.

I knew Kelli would change her hair, because it didn't have the kind of movement Kelli likes. But now I wonder if Armani's current hair style was a deliberate choice, not so much to find her best look, but to make her different from other AA women on the team. Like they decided since they already have Kat and Ashlee doing the long barrel curled sexy/glam and sophisticated thing, they would make Armani into the "sporty and cute" girl.  ("A girl for every fan" and all that.)

I know I didn't expect to see underboob. Or that tattoo. If she's been covering that with makeup this whole time, she's been doing a bang up job. Maybe that's something they teach you in pageants.605130602_ac_latimer2020-03-1511.12B9wrKajJ13K_089849011_2484152048515073_6035462720405552818_n.thumb.jpg.e3a452cfa105cb832091affb0fb93e4d.jpg

I love this side of Armani but you could knock me over with a feather if I passed her on the St & you told me that was her! She looks so cool! Am I a Nana I don’t see a tattoo???

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I love this side of Armani but you could knock me over with a feather if I passed her on the St & you told me that was her! She looks so cool! Am I a Nana I don’t see a tattoo???

Here's a better pic of it:

armanitatt.jpg.daf43cf7256e59bc5ab62f768775cc83.jpg

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

223381135_ac_latimer2022-01-1609.13CYy6siqOPAe_0271875255_1572421589788293_2906016431231661453_n(1).thumb.jpg.3316462e487b5767d2fe8b2c49011de0.jpg

I like her hair here.  The color works and the style isn’t “wiggy”, ie. distracting.  I do think she should join Kat in a salon with the woman that aided Kelee.  I don’t mean to sound harsh, all three are too cute and I could only dream of having their talent and shapes.  My criticism is really for TPTB and the need to have these women game-day ready 5-7 days a week.  Hair can’t handle such stress, whatever your hair type or race.  If these women are wearing weaves/wigs to save their hair, smart move.  I just wish this need for game ready hair was relaxed.  And not just for Black women/WOC.  White women have hair stress, too, and could use some help as well.  Extensions (I swear to God, I had NO IDEA white women wore them, I thought the hair grew naturally long, thick, whatever 🤷🏾‍♀️), color, all that heat, is too much.  
Okay, thank you for reading.  I just wanted to explain and hope I look less “judgy”. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Stee said:

Maddie was also in for Thunder. I wonder who she was subbing for!

36 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Madeline Mallory and Madeline s were out 

It looks like Kristin signed the anthem again. When she does that, doesn't she miss Thunderstruck?

1 hour ago, Stee said:

Maddie was also in for Thunder. I wonder who she was subbing for!

I looks like Kashara and Maddie both were subbing today. I didn't know Kashara still did any dance performance as an all star.
Article: https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/two-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-in-covid-19-protocols-all-stars-fill-in-for-playoff-game/287-4ce43489-e499-49b2-9dd4-4abdc40a460f

Here is the half time performance. I spied Maddie on the first run through. Now I will have to look for Kashara. And can I just say the rhythm and blue look like they get to have a lot more fun than the DCC. 

Edited by StellaCL
added link
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Well the Cowboys are done for the season.  The playoffs have been a snoozefest with the expected (except Dallas) teams winning.

Hopefully the Steelers can pull off the ultimate shocker and upset the Chiefs.  Go Steelers!

My son-in-law was born in San Francisco so is a die hard 9-er fan. He married into a Packer household. Son spent the game yanking SIL's chain. The Cowboys were collateral damage here today. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

My son-in-law was born in San Francisco so is a die hard 9-er fan. He married into a Packer household. Son spent the game yanking SIL's chain. The Cowboys were collateral damage here today. 

Now the Packers and San Fran face off Saturday at Green Bay 

Edited by Holly85
Just now, CrazyMoon said:

...and I think they plan to watch that game together...

This season has been wild for sure !!! Lots of teams already fired coaches assistant coaches general managers been crazy 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I looks like Kashara and Maddie both were subbing today. I didn't know Kashara still did any dance performance as an all star.
Article: https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/two-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-in-covid-19-protocols-all-stars-fill-in-for-playoff-game/287-4ce43489-e499-49b2-9dd4-4abdc40a460f

Here is the half time performance. I spied Maddie on the first run through. Now I will have to look for Kashara. And can I just say the rhythm and blue look like they get to have a lot more fun than the DCC. 

Was it just me or was that a little flat? Nobody popped as much as usual, apart from Marissa.

I might be wrong but Kash looked like she was right at the back, left of centre to us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, StellaCL said:

It looks like Kristin signed the anthem again. When she does that, doesn't she miss Thunderstruck?

I doubt it. Cassie & Jasmine used to sing it, and I don't think they ever missed the opening routine to do it.

I didn't know Kashara still did any dance performance as an all star.

I didn't know she was even an All-Star LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I didn't know Kashara still did any dance performance as an all star.

I didn't know she was even an All-Star LOL.

Maybe all the other All Stars couldn't make it so she her works for the cowboys stepped in?

I'm surprised she has maintained a uniform ready body to be able to do that.

Not saying she is fat but you need to be real skinny to wear the uniform and I thought she gained wait (not a bad thing but a natural thing) after she retired. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Not saying she is fat but you need to be real skinny to wear the uniform and I thought she gained wait (not a bad thing but a natural thing) after she retired. 

She did, but she looks great now. And I assume her old uni still fits.

image.thumb.png.c1d0e02dbdf365a5ccc7db6b282c7128.png

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 17
17 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I LOVE when Kristin signs. She's never been one of my favorite DCCs, but the fact that she can help make the game day experience more inclusive to the deaf community warrants her spot on the team IMO.

16 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Thank you for posting! I don't understand the selection of Rachel W. for point in this routine (second formation). I think Rachel W. is beautiful and a very talented dancer, but she is easily out-danced in hiphop. Ashlee and her should have been switched. JMrightO. :-)

• Love 11

The 2021 Season is complete. Scroll on by if not interested!

Updated list:

Just my random curiosity got to me - I compiled a list of the 2021-2022 Game Day Girls, Social Sweethearts, and Sideline Sweethearts.  

4 names repeat: Amber M., Taylor, Rachel, and Madeline M.

Not included on any: Kelee, Megan, Ashlinn, Christina, KayDianna, Amber L., Jessica, and Kristin.

At least a few (or maybe all?) of the DCC not included did do Game Day takeovers on Instagram though. 
And Kristin has had a lot of other promotions this season regarding her signing the national anthem and a DCC in motion.

SH= sweetheart

Date         Game Day Girl           Social SH             Sideline SH

8/21          Gina                          Dani                      Armani

8/29          Lexi                           Taylor                    Rachel

9/27          Amber M.                 Madeline M.         Claire

10/3          Ashlee                      Kelcey                   Marissa

10/10        Taylor                        Kat                       Caroline

11/7          Chandi                     Darian                   Amber M.

11/14        Rachel                      Jada                      Tyra

11/25        Erin                          Tori                        Lea

12/26        Jalyn                        Jensen                   Rebecca

1/2           Madeline M.             Elli                         Kleine

1/16         Caroline                   Madeline S.           McKenzie

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

I was at the game yesterday and have tons of videos of pregame, sidelines, quarter changes and halftime. I’m a huge Gina fan and am glad to have had the opportunity to see her one last time if she decides to retire. The first time I saw her her first veteran season and she won me over then. Great dancer!

anyhoo, if anyone wants to see, I can share! The only thing I know to do is make a Dropbox link but if there’s something better, let me know.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, MonaMechelle said:

I was at the game yesterday and have tons of videos of pregame, sidelines, quarter changes and halftime. I’m a huge Gina fan and am glad to have had the opportunity to see her one last time if she decides to retire. The first time I saw her her first veteran season and she won me over then. Great dancer!

anyhoo, if anyone wants to see, I can share! The only thing I know to do is make a Dropbox link but if there’s something better, let me know.

please share

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, MonaMechelle said:

Okay, I’m way too OCD to just dump a bunch of links. :)

For anyone who’s interested, here are a few videos from the January 16 game. 

A few caveats:

1. I thought I filmed the Miller Lite Plaza performance find out afterwards that I took a picture only. DOH.
  2. I’m not a filmographer, so sorry about the weird angles or shaky shots.
  3. I kept reminding myself mid-recording to be present and watch on the 60-yd screen or in person, but that may cause the camera angle to go awry for moments. 
  4. All videos are unlisted for now bc it’s my personal YT account…if you need it differently, let me know.

Performances

Pre-game: https://youtu.be/Tku4q3xB9MM

Player Entrance: https://youtu.be/SrSW7DsUXGI

Game Kickoff: https://youtu.be/AeqvSabe1OQ

Halftime: [coming soon, at time of post it still had another 4 hours to upload]

Quarter Changes

1: Sideline Sweetheart - https://youtu.be/agFKDibTu_E

2: https://youtu.be/fCW58Uzf-ro

3: https://youtu.be/kHWZZdGfaG0

Sidelines:

Gina’s Group: https://youtu.be/uU0TRqvjDBI

Rachel’s Group: https://youtu.be/034yywXydHc

Group: https://youtu.be/OBZ4qc86Hmk

Group: https://youtu.be/IxN1pq7xOQc

These are great!! Thank you :)

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ByTor said:

She did, but she looks great now. And I assume her old uni still fits.

image.thumb.png.c1d0e02dbdf365a5ccc7db6b282c7128.png

Yes! If anything, her old uniform may be a bit loose now. She is tiny! Hannah is another one who struggled with weight on the team, but seems to be much smaller now. 

• Love 4
On 1/16/2022 at 1:52 PM, TUOwl84 said:

I see that Lexie got a lot of recognition for 50 games from her teammates.  Jalyn also had 50 games not too long ago and I recall that I didn’t see any of her teammates making a big deal like they have for others in the past. Am I wrong? Did I miss it?

Isn’t Jalyn 4th year?  Do they count other teams?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennifer J said:

Isn’t Jalyn 4th year?  Do they count other teams?

Yes. It’s how many NFL games. Sydney, last year as a dcc rookie, earned her 50th game.

Jalyn did one season with the Jets prior to DCC.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

VK posted a video on TikTok with a before of her with no makeup and an after with makeup.

I'm not trying to be mean just honest, she looked better in the before.
I'm pleasantly surprised.

• Love 5

Loved watching those videos! That’s the most game day footage I’ve seen all season. Random thoughts:

Jada has legs for daaaaaays! Who is the blonde to her right in the kick line? The blonde’s legs looked like they were a foot shorter than Jada’s.

Erin looked flat dancing next to Gina in their group.

I wanted more pop from Rebecca. Megan, too.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Loved watching those videos! That’s the most game day footage I’ve seen all season. Random thoughts:

Jada has legs for daaaaaays! Who is the blonde to her right in the kick line? The blonde’s legs looked like they were a foot shorter than Jada’s.

Erin looked flat dancing next to Gina in their group.

I wanted more pop from Rebecca. Megan, too.

Rebecca is so underwhelming 

• Love 4
On 1/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, MonaMechelle said:

Okay, I’m way too OCD to just dump a bunch of links. :)

For anyone who’s interested, here are a few videos from the January 16 game. 

Performances

Pre-game: https://youtu.be/Tku4q3xB9MM

Player Entrance: https://youtu.be/SrSW7DsUXGI

Game Kickoff: https://youtu.be/AeqvSabe1OQ

Halftime: [coming soon, at time of post it still had another 4 hours to upload]

Thanks HUGE for going to the trouble and sharing all of these with us!  It was a blast getting to see so much footage at one time!

Quick question - the halftime one you said was still uploading, do you by chance have a link now that you can share?  Would love to see your version.  TIA!

• Love 6