Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

On 12/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, JapMo said:

I've watched the show since the first episode and there's been very talented girls come and go on the team.  Claire is the first that I think is a truly all-round professional dancer...one that could get jobs in LA, NY, Vegas, or wherever.  None of the choreography is a challenge for her.  She needs to move on.  She's wasting her talents in the DCC.     

Ehh , I’m probably the only one not overly in awe of her . She’s no Holly P or Nicole Hamilton to me 🤷‍♀️

Edited by GenX88
Forgot to add
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, GenX88 said:

Ehh , I’m probably the only one not overly in awe of her . She’s no Holly P or Nicole Hamilton to me 🤷‍♀️

Agree, what I like about Claire is that she’s not stick thin l. Sure she’s a great dancer but most of them are she just doesn’t pop to me, she’s no Bridget!

On another note, no way is Gina retiring now that she’s not PB rep. I’ll be shocked if she does. Happy for Lexie and hope she retires…

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I honestly believe she will retire I don’t think not getting pro bowl  will make her come back for a 6th year !!! She will end up an all star 

Especially with the knee issues.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think Gina would have been pro bowl cheerleader if she was retiring. I think Lexie getting it is a sign that Gina is returning. Super happy for Lexie!  I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve it either. I’d prefer Lexie get PBC over Gina anyway, even if Gina is retiring. 

I'm not sure. I think DCC know there's only a limited number of people who can be point/pro-bowl, etc. So, although most of the DCC are talented, ambitious dancers, I think they also recognize that it's unlikely that they will receive every accolade during their cheer career. 

Gina already got (split) point this year, is a group leader, and has been on show group for multiple years. Imo, doing another year of DCC in the hopes of getting pro-bowl would be a lot of work for likely very little payoff. But what do I know? Maybe Gina has her heart set on pro-bowl and so that's a risk she's willing to take.

Also, since Gina and Rachel split point and Lexie got pro-bowl, I think Amber gets VOTY (since she's confirmed retiring)

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

1952232405_jensendaniel.thumb.JPG.197f3c4190854c8f10560f19d3184092.JPG

Wow It's been a busy season for rookie engagements.  So that's Kleine, KayDianna and now Jensen. I thought Jensen was only 21? What's with these guys already trying to lock down these accomplished, but barely out of their teens women lol 😂 Good luck to all 3! 

12 hours ago, Jen3mom said:

6F49C097-2A9E-4C2D-BEE3-B7AFD62CDCAA.jpeg

Yes! Go Lexie!! I was hoping for her to get it. I think this is a nice send off for her last year. She definitely deserves it. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GenX88 said:

You’re not alone lol. 

I’m also surprised Lexie was never point considering her placement the past three years but happy she is the PBC.

• Love 8

In a way, the whole “who deserves what more than someone else” amuses me. We’ve seen loads of amazing DCCs over the years and even those that aren’t amazing, are still way above average and have worked hard to get there. So, there are usually a few that I could happily see being probowl, voty or roty for example.
The one exception to the rule is point (personal opinion btw) as I firmly believe a good point needs to have it all. Being a good dancer and personality is not enough. You need to have the energy to drag the entire squad with you. Kashara could do that, I think Gina can but not Rachel, Maddie or Amy. Even JennA lacked the absolute power and energy (and I’m a big fan of hers!)

• Love 10

I'm tickled pink for Lexie.  She's another Nicole Bulcher for me...gorgeous, amazing for calendar, super sweet on appearances, and amazing all around despite not being point.  Seems like a great candidate for Pro Bowl.  

I love Gina too, and I think both will be All-Stars next year if Lexie isn't starting a family.

• Love 14

Caroline posted a photo of her, Gina, Lexie, and Rachel with the caption "Come see our final Christmas at the Star performance tonight @ 6 pm 😭❤️" and Rookie Amber commented "🥺🥺 I'm emotional"........ Does this mean... What I think it does? Is everyone leaving?!?! 

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

In my opinion...

UNDERRATED dancers: Amber, Marissa, Caroline

OVERRATED dancers: Armani, Claire

May I ask why do you feel Amber, Marissa, and Caroline are considered underated? Is that because of the options of the people on this board or because of the their placement in the triangle? Or something else? I ask because at least to me, Caroline and Marissa are both heavily featured in DCC land. Especially Marissa, being only a 2 year vet/ SG member and Caroline possibly being point material if she stays and Gina goes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Caroline and Ashlee as the next points. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

May I ask why do you feel Amber, Marissa, and Caroline are considered underated? Is that because of the options of the people on this board or because of the their placement in the triangle? Or something else? I ask because at least to me, Caroline and Marissa are both heavily featured in DCC land. Especially Marissa, being only a 2 year vet/ SG member and Caroline possibly being point material if she stays and Gina goes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Caroline and Ashlee as the next points. 

I would love a Caroline/Ashlee point!

Explanation below:

Amber is rarely mentioned on the boards.

Caroline’s placement in the triangle is rough.

Marissa seems to be disliked on the boards.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I would love a Caroline/Ashlee point!

Explanation below:

Amber is rarely mentioned on the boards.

Caroline’s placement in the triangle is rough.

Marissa seems to be disliked on the boards.

Tbh I don't think K&J take these boards too seriously. They love Marissa and didn't drop her even after her ex-boyfriend "exposed" (using this word lightly lol) her on Tik Tok. IMO she has a shot at point and she has a 100% guaranteed group leader spot in the future.

Not gonna lie, I don't see the hype about Armani either buttt I have to disagree about Claire. That girl is an INSANELY TALENTED dancer and I think they're looking to mainly her or Kelcey for point next year if everyone including Ashlee and Caroline retires.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

Caroline posted a photo of her, Gina, Lexie, and Rachel with the caption "Come see our final Christmas at the Star performance tonight @ 6 pm" and Rookie Amber commented "🥺🥺 I'm emotional"........ Does this mean... What I think it does? Is everyone leaving?!?! 

It means the Christmas shows are over 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Caroline posted a photo of her, Gina, Lexie, and Rachel with the caption "Come see our final Christmas at the Star performance tonight @ 6 pm 😭❤️" and Rookie Amber commented "🥺🥺 I'm emotional"........ Does this mean... What I think it does? Is everyone leaving?!?! 

Prob bc it was the last of the Xmas shows tho it could be a cryptic retiring post 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Prob bc it was the last of the Xmas shows tho it could be a cryptic retiring post 

Yes this is what I mean! If I cared enough I'd go back and check if they were this emotional on their last Christmas show last year but unfortunately I do not hahaha

• Love 3

I don't think Caroline is underrated. I feel like she's always been super praised by most people. Although some people think she has a soccer mom look. Not sure what happened with Caroline and TPTB though for her placement. And Amber I feel like is 50/50. She has been in show group since she was a rookie, and a lot of people love her, and her dancing. Yet many people have always forgotten about her even being on the squad. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Yes this is what I mean! If I cared enough I'd go back and check if they were this emotional on their last Christmas show last year but unfortunately I do not hahaha

They get soooooo emotional about everything ILY, you’re my best friend, I’ll miss you… it has to be draining to a certain extent…

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't think Caroline is underrated. I feel like she's always been super praised by most people. Although some people think she has a soccer mom look. Not sure what happened with Caroline and TPTB though for her placement. And Amber I feel like is 50/50. She has been in show group since she was a rookie, and a lot of people love her, and her dancing. Yet many people have always forgotten about her even being on the squad. 

Since people have started to call Caroline having the soccer mom look I just can't unsee it and that's the main reason I'm not a fan of hers.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I'm not sure. I think DCC know there's only a limited number of people who can be point/pro-bowl, etc. So, although most of the DCC are talented, ambitious dancers, I think they also recognize that it's unlikely that they will receive every accolade during their cheer career. 

Gina already got (split) point this year, is a group leader, and has been on show group for multiple years. Imo, doing another year of DCC in the hopes of getting pro-bowl would be a lot of work for likely very little payoff. But what do I know? Maybe Gina has her heart set on pro-bowl and so that's a risk she's willing to take.

Also, since Gina and Rachel split point and Lexie got pro-bowl, I think Amber gets VOTY (since she's confirmed retiring)

I would say that I don't think Gina considers it a lot of work. Watching her dance you can see she loves every second of it. I can see her coming back as a 6 year vet. I don't think pro bowl has too much to do with it, simply the joy of dance.

• Love 13

Does the team decide who gets pro bowl?

If so I think K and J picked candidates for the girls to pick from. (Maybe out of the groupp leaders)

The reason why I think this is because on the Instagram story of the DCC they showed the former Pro Bowl Girls (Amy and some others) announce Lexie's name. There Lexie was standing in the middle of the group which wasn't as crowded as the end, and all the girl were able to gather to her to give a group hug. 

I feel like Lexie standing in the middle wasn't coincidence and her (and maybe other candidates) were standing in the middle for a reason.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this. Haha

The story is deleted (posted more than 24h ago) so I can't go check who was standing near Lexie but this is my thoughts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, DCC93 said:They love Marissa and didn't drop her even after her ex-boyfriend "exposed" (using this word lightly lol) her on Tik Tok. 

Can someone catch me up on what happened on Marissa’s TikTok? I missed it… TIA

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Her ex took control of it !! Now she has another tick tock 

Whoa! The dude that did the dramatic proposal on the field?  Wow how quickly things change.  I guess he wasn’t the stand up guy she thought he was. 

2 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Whoa! The dude that did the dramatic proposal on the field?  Wow how quickly things change.  I guess he wasn’t the stand up guy she thought he was. 

Marissas didn’t get engaged on the field she got engaged back home 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I would say that I don't think Gina considers it a lot of work. Watching her dance you can see she loves every second of it. I can see her coming back as a 6 year vet. I don't think pro bowl has too much to do with it, simply the joy of dance.

Gina is one of those people that I actually wouldn't mind if she pulls a Sydney and does 7+ years. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Marissas didn’t get engaged on the field she got engaged back home 

12 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

that was kleine's bf lol

Whoops that’s right. 

9 hours ago, Kamal said:

Does the team decide who gets pro bowl?

If so I think K and J picked candidates for the girls to pick from. (Maybe out of the groupp leaders)

The reason why I think this is because on the Instagram story of the DCC they showed the former Pro Bowl Girls (Amy and some others) announce Lexie's name. There Lexie was standing in the middle of the group which wasn't as crowded as the end, and all the girl were able to gather to her to give a group hug. 

I feel like Lexie standing in the middle wasn't coincidence and her (and maybe other candidates) were standing in the middle for a reason.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this. Haha

The story is deleted (posted more than 24h ago) so I can't go check who was standing near Lexie but this is my thoughts.

Yup the four group leaders are standing in the middle while the others were standing on either their right or left. I think the girls pick who goes to pro bowl out of the 4 group leaders. image.thumb.png.4033396bbff5cb55ee9716083b2159b8.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Yup the four group leaders are standing in the middle while the others were standing on either their right or left. I think the girls pick who goes to pro bowl out of the 4 group leaders. image.thumb.png.4033396bbff5cb55ee9716083b2159b8.png

I wonder if there was some type of semi nominations and the 4 group leaders had the most and then voted again among them for 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I was thinking team decides VOTY but K&J chose pro bowl? Or is it the other way around. Either way Judy loves Lexie so no doubt pushed for her.  Lexie has never been my fave, just do not like her super dated Girls Next Door look, but I think she is the best choice of those four group leaders esp since she has been in the triangle forever and never point. She's not as dull as Rachel and Gina bless her talent, but she just gets stranger looking every season. 

• Love 3

Kelli really likes Lexie, she's had her do the media tour with Kelli at the beginning of the Season (which Maddie did last time) and when Judy was considering points and naming them (on the show), I am almost certain Kelli suggested Lexie in that consideration.

So, to me it looks like pro bowl is Kelli rewarding someone who is a great leader, great company representative but won't make point.

Edited by WoofDCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 12/22/2021 at 7:47 PM, Kamal said:

I don’t know if that’s the 4 group leaders. I see 3 very light blondes and then a darker blonde. Between Lexie and Gina that’s only two light blondes. Whereas Rachel is more of a dark blonde and Caroline a light brown. 

• Love 1
Just now, Spunkyyy said:

I don’t know if that’s the 4 group leaders. I see 3 very light blondes and then a darker blonde. Between Lexie and Gina that’s only two light blondes. Whereas Rachel is more of a dark blonde and Caroline a light brown. 

If you follow Lexie there is a video 

On 12/22/2021 at 2:52 AM, Kamal said:

Since people have started to call Caroline having the soccer mom look I just can't unsee it and that's the main reason I'm not a fan of hers.

She looks like Jana Duggar to me and I can’t unsee that. I still think she’s a great DCC though 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Kamal said:

On 12/22/2021 at 5:02 PM, Holly85 said:

I wonder if there was some type of semi nominations and the 4 group leaders had the most and then voted again among them for 

14 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Caroline had an Instagram story up yesterday of her and Taylor getting Lexie ready for the announcement of pro bowl and Caroline whipsering "she has no idea!"

So that makes me think there is some sort of preliminary round or smaller group that gets nominated, and Caroline as a first group leader was not one of them. And somehow Taylor and Caroline were both privvy to who was chosen prior to the big announcement on the field.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Kamal said:

14 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

The 4 ladies on the right appear to be Lexie, Rachel, Gina in a row. I am not sure who the blonde is in front of Rachel, but she is as petite as Gina. It might be Marissa, but it's really hard to say. Here is a team photo taken that same day to compare:

dccprobowl.jpg

• Love 1