Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Chat Thead

Pallas
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Let me see if I understand this. Janelle should ask Garrison to leave, because it's time for him to be launched.  However, it's okay that Robyn has prepared a suite for Dayton, so he never has to.  

Robyn the favourite wife can do no wrong, she got rid of Merri and now Christine. I will laugh hard when he once again finds a younger wife and asks for a divorce.

5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Let me see if I understand this. Janelle should ask Garrison to leave, because it's time for him to be launched.  However, it's okay that Robyn has prepared a suite for Dayton, so he never has to.  

Robyn the favourite wife can do no wrong, she got rid of Merri and now Christine. I will laugh hard when he once again finds a younger wife and asks for a divorce.

• Love 6

There are some real Oedipal issues going on between Kody and his sons. He seems to be very competitive with them and as we can see Logan is completely absent from the family and the other boys ( except for Dayton & Sol) seem to have found their niches outside if the family.  Kody expects these women to all like each other and interact when he’s the only one who has ever benefitted - dropping his sperm all over and then having little to do with them after their born.  Hope your happy in your celestial palace, Kody, cause you sure f’d up this life.

• Love 22

I have no sympathy for Meri.  She should get some dignity and take some honest accountability for her actions and behavior, it's not just Kody that doesn't deal with her. Her I'm always the victim routine is tiresome.

Also her now constant talk about missing the family rings fake to me. She's in tears missing Ari and Sol, but I can't remember her ever acknowledging Truely exists. 

• Love 10

So why are they so interested in other people who prevent them from being able to have contact with family members?  I agree with Kody on this.  Christine is too cavalier about Covid. She’s picking this as her her hill to die on.  Her values are different.  Not safe or prudent, imo. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So why are they so interested in other people who prevent them from being able to have contact with family members?  I agree with Kody on this.  Christine is too cavalier about Covid. She’s picking this as her her hill to die on.  Her values are different.  Not safe or prudent, imo. 

I think that is her “heel to die on”.

• LOL 7

I wasn't traveling at this time and I'm still not comfortable doing that...I do see Kody's point in that way.

However, she's traveling to see her own kids...not just a "vacation" as he calls it, so I see her point too.

There's probably some middle ground here, and these two aren't interested in finding it. That conversation was really uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 7

Meri desperately apologizing for making a joke at the Head Bitch's expense is so desperate. 

How does Robyn actually think she's not coming off like a bitch here? "I know what you all think of me, please just STOP, alright?" ugh

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Meri is correct. Robyn made the rules.  She tells Kody what to do and he in turn present it to the other wives as his idea.  She can't have Ari and Sol be away from Kody for two weeks, but it's okay if his other kids are.  Bitch!

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

I like that shade of blonde on Kody.   I wonder who did the color…..lol.  

You can’t clean mail with alcohol….it smears the ink. Lol. I tried!   The rules are realistic in my mind. I’ve done them for over a year and no Kody!  Lol

Kody is so testy……oh my!  Lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

This is some raw shit! 

Also, those rules were ridiculous.  Wiping the mail.  Not going to a supermarket.  So they are ordering by Instacart only?  Kody is not an essential worker, because he's not even a worker, so he can just stay inside. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 11

Why are they talking about the sanitizing rules. The one that Jenelle in particular can’t follow is the rule about limiting contact with others outside the house - because two of her young adult sons work. That’s the big problem. Not failure to sanitize the mail.

Also, I think if Christine was traveling in spring 2020, she was being reckless (not for the surgery but to visit her adult children). Plenty of people couldn’t visit adult children and grandchildren at that time and we all got over it. I don’t see why Christine, Ysabel and Truely couldn’t quarantine for two weeks after they returned home from surgery and then visited Robyn’s home. They would have been just as “safe” as the nanny.

Also, shut up Kody.

• Love 9

The one thing that jumps out at me right away about the list of rules is that it still makes no provision for a situation where older kids need to go to college classes or work, like Janelle's children.

Not everyone is willing or able to stop their lives entirely on the off chance you might stop by for a few minutes, Kody.

Garrison can't tell the National Guard that this is what his dad said he had to do, so he just can't show up for Guard Drills.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

So what Kody is offering to Janelle is:

1. See him a few hours a week, at best if she:

a) Kicks out her young adult kids who have jobs OR

b) Her kids choose to quit their jobs and quarantine

I'm with Janelle. I'd choose the kids too. And Kody's sons are way better "men" than he could ever hope to be.

Also - even if Kody doesn't have a romantic marriage with Meri, he is still "spiritually married" to her. The fact that she isn't "in the rotation" and he just doesn't visit her despite her willingness to follow the rules is cruel. It's obvious that he doesn't give a shit about her, even as the mother of his daughter.

I did love Meri speaking for the entire viewership of the show when she asked if these were the rules that Kody had made up - even if she backtracked and said it was a joke. 

Why would work at home parents need a nanny?

Even if I'm willing to accept the fiction that Kody has a job, I don't think that anyone has ever claimed that Robyn has one. She is a stay-at-home-mom (which I believe is a full-time job) but I can't understand why she would need a nanny. Kody said she "helps with homeschool" but the littlest girl wasn't even school-aged when this was filmed, was she?

• Love 16

I see no virtue in being affectionate and cordial with people who aren’t practicing safety protocols.   To me, Christine and Janelle were naive and foolish.  They are fortunate to be healthy….especially when this was filmed before vaccines were available.  

• Love 2

There's practicing safety protocols, and then there's complete isolation.  It seems they were almost doing the latter.  Other people could not do that, and we wouldn't call them foolish.  They may have been essential workers, during the pre vaccine days.  They would follow safety protocols to do these things. 

• Love 9