Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07 Anger Mismanagement

• Start Topic

Oh lord - are we back to the NOSE again?  

The show's done Bravo.  No one cares if the Chucklefucks in Stereo open a bar.  No one cares about Lala's hypocritical morality play and her constant pontificating on motherhood while making vulgar remarks about her man "milking" her.    No one cares if James is sober and if Raquel's new nose is a disaster.  And no one cares what that sprawling doing nothing lump of flesh Katie thinks.   I don't care about Scheana and Brock - their life is a snooze fest.  The comments here are more entertaining than anything you're putting in the episode.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

This week, on the Real Housewives of WeHo...

Schwartz and Sandoval brainstorm ideas for their bar, while Raquel comes clean to Lisa about the story behind her nose job, much to James' dismay. Charli excludes Lala from her party in solidarity with Scheana, and when everyone parties too hard for James' comfort, he lashes out at his unsuspecting fianceé.

• If the two Toms think getting wasted on mushroom tea is "brainstorming", their business is doomed as doomed can be!
  • Oh, look! It's a Botched crossover!
  • I couldn't care less about them thwoing a party for that picky eater drama queen.
  • Love 9

For fucks sake…. LaLa talking in 3rd person then crying every 30 seconds about how great of a person she’s become and everyone is against her then in another breath she acts like she’s some hard ass bitch … Why no one hasn’t knocked James the fuck out is beyond me even off camera … there’s no way he acts like that in front of everyday people … he’s gotta have some sort of security saving his ass… this show is a shit show … oh and Randall is one ugly ma fucka…. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

James is an absolute piece of shit. He’s not a changed man at all. I’m not sure what these improvements are that ppl keep talking about. He disgusts me. Raquel better never ever have a blemish or even gain a lb if she gets pregnant because James will be peacing and cheating any chance he gets. Raquel is an idiot but she needs to get away from that little psycho. He will hit her in the future I have no doubt. He may not be drinking but I’m sure he’s still into blow or adderall.

LaLa is a piece of shit.

I don’t care about the Toms bar at all. Their shroom trip seemed fake as fuck.

LaLa and Randall with Ken and Lisa. Lame. Lol LaLa thinking she belongs in Beverly Hills. How’s that working you fake bitch.

Charlie needs therapy probably not a culinary party where ppl force new foods on her.

James is not a rapper lmao.

This show is such garbage. I’m not sure why I’m still watching lol.

Flashbacks just make me miss what the show used to be lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Real Housewives of West Hollywood hatewatch?

RH of WeHo HaWa!

Why can't we get some kind of producer REDDIT AMA on who is responsible for this disaster?  Like, what was the director thinking?  Who made the decision to literally not give a shit and stop casting?  I'm ride or die LVP, but could this POSSIBLY be her?  Andy?  It's like Sur doesn't even exist any more.  Peter?  This is probably Peter's fucking fault.

But, as we're watching, random thoughts:

For a few nanoseconds at the start of the season, I was pretty thrilled that AT LEAST Charli existed.  Now, less so, but I'm actually still going to give her some understanding here.  I grew up in a small rural town and was a miserably picky eater, even through college full of rich kids and trips to NYC.  I eventually dragged myself out of it, so the EXCITEMENT and discomfort of unfamiliar food I actually really get.  And I still don't like mussels or mollusks.  Anyhow, my understanding is now over.  This is also an idiot storyline.  Perhaps if she had some of Ariana's clear-headedness she could make me understand what it is she went through, but she honestly just sounds like a sheltered weirdo Gen Zer.

The Schadenfreude of Lala and her breakup is real.

Tom the Greater is being dragged down to Tom the Lesser's stupidity, which is always sad.  Are they opening this bar in their spare fucking time?

Did anything else happen?  I've already forgotten.  OH YEAH, James being the same complete prick he's always been.  How this kid still has fans is completely beyond me.  But her tears over her nose and everyone else maybe telling her just to forget it was good.

I feel like four or five of the current employees at Sur should just start shooting their own far more interesting reality show by themselves.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

I made this in a previous thread due to questions about Randall's age, and as I was bored and put so much work into it, here it is for this thread:

Current ages, top to bottom:

Ken - 76 years

LVP - 61 years

Randall - 50 

(Jax - 42)

Tom Schwartz - 39

Tom Sandoval - 38 

(Kristen - 38)

(Peter - 37)

Ariana - 36

Scheana - 36

Katie - 34

(Stassi - 33)

(Brittany - 32)

Lala - 31

Brock - 30

James - 29

Raquel - 27

Charli - 24

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 11
  • Love 1

Yeah, this show sucks but it sucked the last season before everyone was fired. If Stassi, Beau, Jax and Brit and those other two jerks were never let go, the show would still suck now. It's run it's course but the assholes being gone is not the reason for the demise. 

• Love 15

Raquel insisting James shouldn't feel guilty about her nose but in the next minutes is stringing Lisa along with all her "I'm terrified to tell you" "my stomach is tied in knots to tell you this thing about James and my nose" pause, pause, pause "I have to tell you something" pause, pause, pause, furrowing of brow from Lisa (as much as her frozen brow can furrow) "it's not James' fault" pause, pause, pause "omg how can I say this" pause, pause, pause, dramatic music "he feels so guilty". Until Lisa is just like "GD say it already! Did he hit you?"

Cue horror from Raquel "hit me? you mean like hit me?" "he didn't hit me, he kissed me hard and that pushed my nose to my cheek"

(paraphrased conversation, not actual)

Seriously? I could not tell if producers had prompted Raquel to make more of the story then it was or if there is more to the story, but either way? That was about as painful a couple minutes of this show as I've ever had to sit through.

Wait, perhaps I have to take that back. Listening to Charli about her eating? That may be the most painful. Charli has tried to make something that she was widely, and rightly, mocked for last season into something interesting about herself, and it's just not. Yes people have food issues and I sympathize, but listening to her talk about it is deadening. Not least because I mostly don't even believe her.

She had the conversation about pasta being fattening (the horror), but then talks about the only foods she does eat, PB&J, pizza? I can't even remember the rest, but mostly carbs. Then she is trying new foods, but somehow it's the carb-y one that she isn't into. And she is into mussels? If you'd subsisted on peanut butter sandwiches and pizza I'd guess that enchiladas (unless made super spicy) would be more similar to your palate then mussels.

At this point I'm only able to watch in bits and pieces and it's all hate watching so perhaps it's time to depart West Hollywood.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

Poor Sheaner, she chased and chased and banged all the D List actors she could find and wound up with Brock, I guess his TV hanging skills sealed the deal. I can't stand Lala preaching, like she is above everyone else, and Sandoval was correct that she only allows bits and pieces of her life out there, yet she mocks everyone elses relationship. She was dating a married man, she has no room to talk. I have never really liked Ariana, but this season she is growing on me, even she is over all the bullshit of this gang

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

Seriously? I could not tell if producers had prompted Raquel to make more of the story then it was or if there is more to the story, but either way? That was about as painful a couple minutes of this show as I've ever had to sit through.

Like I need more reasons to hate fucking wanker James.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I’m actually vaguely interested in Charlie’s food issues. Maybe I’m just a suspicious person or my true-crime brain is overthinking this shit, but it sounds almost like she’s deliberately not telling the whole story of whatever weirdness may be behind it. Of course, odds are, she’s just picky and/or not “adventurous” foodwise (and to her credit, would like to change that); I’ve actually known people who eat, like, 3 things and are OK with it. I found it it odd, but considering that I hate when people bug me about things I don’t eat, I never really cared. I thought it was kind of endearing how happy she was that she ended up liking something she’d been afraid to try.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I’ve actually known people who eat, like, 3 things and are OK with it. I found it it odd, but considering that I hate when people bug me about things I don’t eat, I never really cared. I thought it was kind of endearing how happy she was that she ended up like something she’d been afraid to try.

I definitely have known such people as well. I had a sister who would only eat steak in restaurants - all restaurants, Chinese, Italian, etc. So it's certainly possible and I have no doubt that Charli is a not very adventurous eater. I'm giving a side eye to her explanations. That all feels made up to make it a more dramatic story than the less interesting one that all she eats are x, y, z.

When she talked about not eating pasta a couple years ago it wasn't about some food abuse in her childhood it was "people don't know that pasta can make them fat" and since she knew this fact she didn't eat it.  It was vapid sounding and she got tons of social media heat because of it. Now suddenly she has all this backstory about food. Makes me go, hmmmmm. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I DEEPLY relate to Charli's food issues, and the dismissiveness/mockery from those who don't get it is why so many keep it to ourselves, as I did for most of my life. I'm glad she's talking about them at 24, and am happy people are at least trying to support her, even if many don't know how to. Even my best friend will say she doesn't really get it, but she never gaslights me over my eating disorder and I appreciate that. So many do.

• Love 9

LVP said something to Raquel;  “… your nose points to your left…” and it made me wonder if earlier Raquel had said something about her nose pointing to the right, because she always looks at herself in a mirror.

We might see her wearing NEL CHA earrings one day.

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Raquel insisting James shouldn't feel guilty about her nose but in the next minutes is stringing Lisa along with all her "I'm terrified to tell you" "my stomach is tied in knots to tell you this thing about James and my nose" pause, pause, pause "I have to tell you something" pause, pause, pause, furrowing of brow from Lisa (as much as her frozen brow can furrow) "it's not James' fault" pause, pause, pause "omg how can I say this" pause, pause, pause, dramatic music "he feels so guilty". Until Lisa is just like "GD say it already! Did he hit you?"

Cue horror from Raquel "hit me? you mean like hit me?" "he didn't hit me, he kissed me hard and that pushed my nose to my cheek"

(paraphrased conversation, not actual)

Wait, perhaps I have to take that back. Listening to Charli about her eating? That may be the most painful. Charli has tried to make something that she was widely, and rightly, mocked for last season into something interesting about herself, and it's just not. Yes people have food issues and I sympathize, but listening to her talk about it is deadening. Not least because I mostly don't even believe her.

She had the conversation about pasta being fattening (the horror), but then talks about the only foods she does eat, PB&J, pizza? I can't even remember the rest, but mostly carbs. Then she is trying new foods, but somehow it's the carb-y one that she isn't into. And she is into mussels? If you'd subsisted on peanut butter sandwiches and pizza I'd guess that enchiladas (unless made super spicy) would be more similar to your palate then mussels.

At this point I'm only able to watch in bits and pieces and it's all hate watching so perhaps it's time to depart West Hollywood.

Yes! Perfect recreation of Raquel’s tragic and shocking confession to Lisa. I would 100% believe he accidentally bonked her with a kiss, as I’ve done many times with my husband. But the way she made such a big fucking deal out of it made you think it had to have been a cover story for some sinister attack! It sounds like what she was actually embarrassed about was James’s “big reaction” to this tragic accident. Apparently he lost his shit on her (his mom?) worse than he did in that “sexy trivia” game. Maybe it’s finally dawning on her that marrying this hothead is not such a great idea.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lassus said:

I made this in a previous thread due to questions about Randall's age, and as I was bored and put so much work into it, here it is for this thread:

Current ages, top to bottom:

Ken - 76 years

LVP - 61 years

Randall - 50 

(Jax - 42)

Tom Schwartz - 39

Tom Sandoval - 38 

(Kristen - 38)

(Peter - 37)

Ariana - 36

Scheana - 36

Katie - 34

(Stassi - 33)

(Brittany - 32)

Lala - 31

Brock - 30

James - 29

Raquel - 27

Charli - 24

So what this tells me is that if Charlie didn't want to be on TV she should have no desire to hang out with the rest of these people, with the exception of Raquel.  She was better last year with all of her wisecracks to Old Man Jax 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I am only parsing this because I don't like Katie but reconstructive surgery is a subset of plastic surgery which she claims she never had.  I think she means cosmetic surgery.

I can't believe the Toms are struggling with their mission statement.  I believe mission statements can be over involved but I think it boils down they want to provide a fun (as opposed to elegant or entertaining) dining/drinking atmosphere for 20 and 30 somethings.  We are focusing on farm to table American (or Mexican, Asian Fusion, German, Seafood, etc.) with craft beer, California wine, classic and new cocktails.  Our theme is classic diner (rustic, elegant, beauty, WeHo sensibility, pick one).   We believe our restaurant will be different because it is providing a specific need lacking in our location.  This is just me sitting here brainstorming.

If they couldn't do this before they started spending $$$, they deserve to lose it.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

LVP said something to Raquel;  “… your nose points to your left…” and it made me wonder if earlier Raquel had said something about her nose pointing to the right, because she always looks at herself in a mirror.

Her giant sigh, as she had her fingers on her nose, doing her one-of-14-per-day exercise was hilarious yet endearing. I can't decide if she's really got a head full or rocks, or just has nearly no life experience.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I really, really want to believe Raquel’s story. But Dick James’s behavior past and present is making it very hard. If her nose were still that tender, surely he would have been more careful. Right? It’s clear he is not sober and is lying. Her body language and being uncomfortable talking about it also give me pause. She needs to take a big step back and reconsider this relationship. I’m glad Lisa put him on notice that she’s on to him.

* Don’t tell me a “Botched” crossover is in the works. Don’t watch it, so good to see Paul. Always liked him.

* I admire Lala’s deflection skills. She is a true pro. Her martyrdom is a thing of beauty, too.

* Charli….a girl in search of a storyline. Who caressszzzzzzzzz…… 

* Lala and Rand’s wedding planning…..LOL. “If things go south…” 

* James. What a dick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That reminds me of a scene in Mean Girls, where Karen sticks on diamanté stones on her chest in front of the mirror for the letter 'K', but she's doing it in front of the mirror, so when you look at her, the K is back to front.

• LOL 6
On 11/10/2021 at 10:29 AM, Pop Tart said:

Raquel insisting James shouldn't feel guilty about her nose but in the next minutes is stringing Lisa along with all her "I'm terrified to tell you" "my stomach is tied in knots to tell you this thing about James and my nose" pause, pause, pause "I have to tell you something" pause, pause, pause, furrowing of brow from Lisa (as much as her frozen brow can furrow) it's not James' fault" pause, pause, pause "omg how can I say this" pause, pause, pause, dramatic music "he feels so guilty". Until Lisa is just like "GD say it already! Did he hit you?"

No. It’s never James’s fault. Ever. And everyone wonders why he continues to fuck up. Lisa’s quiet “that temper of yours…” while Raquel was seeing Paul was another warning, which James will act all hang-dog about for five seconds, and then it will be back to business as usual.

His treatment of Raquel is raising so many red flags, going back to when he sent her all those asinine texts, and called her to yell at her for missing one of his sets because she was working. Not to mention the pride parade shift she totally blew off because James expected her to be with him. Controlling, and now maybe physical? Run, Raquel.

I hope I’m reading too much into this. But a huge bugaboo of mine is the way some Bravo shows have seemed to sugarcoat and downplay aggressive behavior, verbal and otherwise, toward women. Why should VR be any different, I suppose.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Dropped word, added bold in quote
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, albarino said:

If they couldn't do this before they started spending $$$, they deserve to lose it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have your concept fixed BEFORE you go looking at/for a space.

It's like the two chuckelfucks were driving around one day, saw a closed restaurant/bar space for rent and said "I know!  Let's open our OWN bar!"  You will never convince me that these idjits even bothered to go into a nearby establishment to see what the clientele for the area would be, let ALONE checked up on the demographics or what establishments in the area were doing.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, albarino said:

I can't believe the Toms are struggling with their mission statement.  I believe mission statements can be over involved but I think it boils down they want to provide a fun (as opposed to elegant or entertaining) dining/drinking atmosphere for 20 and 30 somethings.  We are focusing on farm to table American (or Mexican, Asian Fusion, German, Seafood, etc.) with craft beer, California wine, classic and new cocktails.  Our theme is classic diner (rustic, elegant, beauty, WeHo sensibility, pick one).   We believe our restaurant will be different because it is providing a specific need lacking in our location.  This is just me sitting here brainstorming.

But the important thing is, were you doing magic 'shrums? 😃

18 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Did they say “future retro” as a style? Does that mean, like, now?

I thought they meant something like The Jetsons.

• Love 5

Extremely unpopular opinion, but I am enjoying this season. James is bad but not nearly the toxic sociopath Jax was. His relationship with Raquel fascinates me. (Although abstaining from drinking and being a huge dick around your drunk friends is a terrible look- get help, James, or stay home!) Lala is awful but she's kinda playing the "Stassi" role which makes me happy bc I know Stassi is watching so pissed lol. Hey, I've put in years hanging out with these people and I get a kick out of seeing what's going on over there. I'm enjoying a lot of what they are doing and ff-ing the really unwatchable parts (like gross Schwartz with a mouth full of whipped cream blech.) I'm hoping they won't cancel the show bc I seem to be the only one who likes it. I know the ratings are in the toilet!

Edited by GreenlinetoHarlem
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have your concept fixed BEFORE you go looking at/for a space.

It's like the two chuckelfucks were driving around one day, saw a closed restaurant/bar space for rent and said "I know!  Let's open our OWN bar!"  You will never convince me that these idjits even bothered to go into a nearby establishment to see what the clientele for the area would be, let ALONE checked up on the demographics or what establishments in the area were doing.  

The logistics behind opening a restaurant are intimidating, and even if you do all your homework, success is never guaranteed. It’s about the riskiest business there is. These guys children are just playing around. Lisa is calling the shots at TomTom, leading them to think it’s “their” place, so of course these idiots are convinced it’s easy. I don’t even think they’ve realized what they’ve done by putting their houses up as collateral. Again — playing with fire with their futures — and Katie’s, and Ariana’s.

Sandoval has a lot of big ideas — too bad most don’t seem to be realistic. And bumbling sidekick Schwartz…he’s just along for the ride. Somebody here said a few weeks ago that event planning may be more in Sandoval’s wheelhouse. Don’t disagree. 

But this is Bravoland, so I’m sure whatever this is will be a raging success. Lisa will probably bail out their asses.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

Extremely unpopular opinion, but I am enjoying this season. James is bad but not nearly the toxic sociopath Jax was. His relationship with Raquel fascinates me. (Although abstaining from drinking and being a huge dick around your drunk friends is a terrible look- get help, James, or stay home!) Lala is awful but she's kinda playing the "Stassi" role which makes me happy bc I know Stassi is watching so pissed lol. Hey, I've put in years hanging out with these people and I get a kick out of seeing what's going on over there. I'm enjoying a lot of what they are doing and ff-ing the really unwatchable parts (like gross Schwartz with a mouth full of whipped cream blech.) I'm hoping they won't cancel the show bc I seem to be the only one who likes it. I know the ratings are in the toilet!

I like it, too. It's like junk food for my brain.

I could do without the Scheana pumping breast milk or freezing it, etc though. This isn't Vanderbreastpump Rules --don't get me wrong, breastfeeding is wonderful, I just hope they'd have more to film with ol Sheen and Lala. Don't they schedule their filming hours? Aren't they doing anything else?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I like it, too. It's like junk food for my brain.

Hahaha!  Yeah, the Deep-Fried-Twinkie-Mars-Bar type!

On 11/11/2021 at 11:10 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Did they say “future retro” as a style? Does that mean, like, now?

LOL, you're so funny!  It's like the future is moving forward in time, so positive direction, and retro is moving backwards, therefore negative, and when you add them together, you get... Now.  Actually, it sounds like something Ariana would say.  She used to say stuff like "25/8" instead of "24/7".  Was that supposed to be her version of a superlative?

• Love 5
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kristin and her guy are also off.

Carter? That dude was just gross. Awfully gross. Creepy gross. Kristin was always such a sad case. It was pathetic, really, how she never really got him out of her system. He treated her like shit; she always made excuses and came back for more. (But that sounds like most of the relationships on VR, so…)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lala thinks Scheana is dangerous?!?

Oh Gawd... FFS.  Lala is trying to create some bullshit story that is completely made up, so she can continue having screen time and spread rumours.  The only person that Scheana is a danger to, is Scheana, because she is so awful with men and relationships.

• Love 3

I've no doubt James hit Raquel and that it wasn't the first time.  He's been abusive in past relationships and with his mother. Raquel explaining to Lisa how he blew up at his mother for merely mentioning the nose was telling. He's an angry, entitled, shit person drunk or California sober. I find Raquel vapid but harmless and wish she'd run far, far away. 

Charli droning on about her food stuff was about as interesting as watching paint dry. 

Brock calling Lala a bad apple or whatever was a bit rich.  Slow your roll, Scheana's man of the moment & focus on finding a new talent rather than copying Rob's TV hanging skills.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 6
On 11/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, FrankieTankie said:

this show is a shit show … oh and Randall is one ugly ma fucka…. 

Seriously though, I don’t like to looks-shame, but I’m gonna looks-shame just because LaLa sucks and kinda deserves it: Randall is just so goddamned gross. And I don’t care what kind of ‘sparkling personality’ Fofty supposedly has: it just floors me that so many hot Hollywood broads are willing to not just sleep with but actually *PROCREATE* with that toad!!! Just the mere thought of him naked makes me dry-heave…guess LaLa truly got the cheating schlub she deserved in the end though, broken engagement, bankruptcy and all.  

But stick a fork in this show because it’s so done. Although I’m positive that Bravo will keep trotting it out for multiple seasons after this one because they’re the ultimate dead horse beaters as far as reality shows that need to be put out to pasture go((I mean hello, “Shahs of Sunset” and “Southern Charm” are currently filming even despite lagging ratings from both their abysmal recent seasons)).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4