Type keyword(s) to search

Media Talk About Abbott Elementary

• Start Topic

Even when The Academy Awards started at 8, it ended at midnight, so we’re probably talking 11:00. This East Coaster will be watching it next day Hulu! Seriously, they should just show live after party stuff like E! does/used to and call it a night.

• Like 4

Wow, I guess anyone can win an Emmy..even if they're the weakest link in the cast.

Although, after seeing who else was up for the award...she probably is the best person to win.

5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Wow, I guess anyone can win an Emmy..even if they're the weakest link in the cast.

I guess you're not a fan of Qunta's acting.

I think she is quite good in this role - a role she created.  She always reminds me of Amy Poehler in Parks and Recreation.  Poehler was nominated many times for that role, but never won.

I think it takes some skill to play a perpetually optimistic, idealistic person who ends up being the straight woman for the more comical characters.

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I didn’t see a cast in other roles thread, and am not sure if this belongs here.

I’m doing a re-watch of Curb your Enthusiasm and Lisa Ann Walter( Shemmente) is in season 1, episode 5. She plays a nurse in a doctor’s  office. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I didn’t see a cast in other roles thread,

Likewise, I just realized one of the 2 so-far minor characters amongst the 3 new District characters, Simon, is played by Benjamin Norris, who really brought life to the initially tertiary character of Trent in Never Have I Ever.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I didn’t see a cast in other roles thread, and am not sure if this belongs here.

I’m doing a re-watch of Curb your Enthusiasm and Lisa Ann Walter( Shemmente) is in season 1, episode 5. She plays a nurse in a doctor’s  office. 

FYI, I just created the topic so in the future, feel free to use that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Quinta was a guest on First We Feast (the show with the Hot Wings).  It is on YT.

BTW.. I love these interviews.  He asks such good questions.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

That was good. I've never watched the show before. 

The TSA comedy that Quinta and ... was it Larry Wilmore? ... are working on? Anyway, that is a great idea.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Like 1
On 2/23/2024 at 11:30 AM, DearEvette said:

Quinta was a guest on First We Feast (the show with the Hot Wings).  It is on YT.

BTW.. I love these interviews.  He asks such good questions.

Thanks; I didn't know she was on.

The show is actually called Hot Ones.  "First We Feast" is the name of the channel, which has other shows.

On 2/23/2024 at 11:34 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

He is my FAVORITE interviewer. 

I believe he gives a lot of credit to his brother, who carries out the detailed research behind the questions.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Keegan Michael-Key and Tatiana Ali.

Oh man, I hope he is a sub who actually pronounces everyone's names correctly.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Quinta Brunson won Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series and William Stanford Davis won Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series at the NAACP Image Awards on Saturday.

Abbott Elementary also won for Outstanding Comedy Series.

Edited by mrsbagnet
Added the award for the show
  • Like 4