Type keyword(s) to search

Memphis and Hamza

• Start Topic

Memphis, 34 (Muskegon, MI) and Hamza, 28 (Kairouan, Tunisia).  Memphis, a divorced single mom of two, met Hamza, a 28 year old man from Tunisia, online eight months ago.  Having had an unstable childhood, followed by a tumultuous dating history, Memphis has been searching for a consistent and reliable partner with whom to complete her family -- and she found that in Hamza.  After a few months of daily texts and video chats, Hamza proposed and Memphis said yes!  Despite a significant language barrier and the skepticism of her friends and family, she is packing her bags and travelling to Tunisia with plans to get married on this trip.  But does Memphis really know her fiancé?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Stupid is as stupid does. I'm getting sick of all these people blaming a non existent god for their stupidity, it's not anyone elses fault you're a stupid bitch, take some responsibility.

On a side note, can you stop posting the screenrant links please Diva, I click on them & the next thing I know it's an hour later & I'm trying to climb out of the rabbit hole.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Stupid is as stupid does. I'm getting sick of all these people blaming a non existent god for their stupidity, it's not anyone elses fault you're a stupid bitch, take some responsibility.

On a side note, can you stop posting the screenrant links please Diva, I click on them & the next thing I know it's an hour later & I'm trying to climb out of the rabbit hole.

🤣🤣🤣I use blinders. I also don’t watch a lot of reality tv, so I don’t last long at the site. 

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

rom the Screenrant article above:

She prayed to God that her son and daughter will learn from her mistakes just like she has learned from others' mistakes in the past.

I can’t stop my eyes from rolling! Help!! 

My eyes were rolling too! Listen biatch, you should have listened to EVERYONE ELSE who told you NOT to go over there to meet a stranger to marry him within a few weeks. Not only doesn't she have common sense but she doesn't have the intelligence to put her children first (she basically was happy to marry a stranger and expose her kids to a stranger).

Memphis, work on yourself babe. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 2/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

Stupid is as stupid does. I'm getting sick of all these people blaming a non existent god for their stupidity, it's not anyone elses fault you're a stupid bitch, take some responsibility

While I do believe in God, I am right there with you that people need to take responsibility for their own bad decisions and nonsense.  I would also like to add that God is not Santa, AND that God may answers prayers with "no."  It seems that far too many of these participants (and people) think that because they asked for something they will automatically get it (if that was the case, I would have won every huge lottery payout...).  So many people told Memphis to slow it down, but she was set on getting exactly what she wanted without listening to anyone who expressed any doubt.

• Love 15
On 2/3/2022 at 10:29 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I know, right??

On 2/4/2022 at 10:40 AM, seacliffsal said:

While I do believe in God, I am right there with you that people need to take responsibility for their own bad decisions and nonsense.  I would also like to add that God is not Santa, AND that God may answers prayers with "no."  It seems that far too many of these participants (and people) think that because they asked for something they will automatically get it (if that was the case, I would have won every huge lottery payout...).  So many people told Memphis to slow it down, but she was set on getting exactly what she wanted without listening to anyone who expressed any doubt.

"God is in the tub." I learned that phrase from some reality TV competition forum either on Television Without Pity or its genesis, Mighty Big TV. Basically, God is finally taking a much-needed moment to Himself and is enjoying a hot bath--no doubt with bubbles. He hears His name and gets out, dripping all over the bathmat, only to find it's someone praying to win some trivial game or, like my Christian friend actually did once, praying that we would find a parking space when I drove us to the mall. My response, "God is in the tub, Rena. Don't make Him get out."

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

"God is in the tub." I learned that phrase from some reality TV competition forum either on Television Without Pity or its genesis, Mighty Big TV. Basically, God is finally taking a much-needed moment to Himself and is enjoying a hot bath--no doubt with bubbles. He hears

Another great memory of a distant time. Along with two from the early days of usnet,  When someone passes on they are either in the stereo cabinet referencing the final resting place of a departed (perhaps taxidermied) pet, or, no longer shopping the Pig e.g. Piggly Wiggly supermarket.

I can't remember my screen name from that era but it's good to know there are also former TWOPers here.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Another great memory of a distant time. Along with two from the early days of usnet,  When someone passes on they are either in the stereo cabinet referencing the final resting place of a departed (perhaps taxidermied) pet, or, no longer shopping the Pig e.g. Piggly Wiggly supermarket.

I can't remember my screen name from that era but it's good to know there are also former TWOPers here.

I don't remember those but I do remember another one that ended up in the lexicon after it was inadvertently created from a typo: "Burning with the fire of/from a thousand nuns!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

YES! I've even used that in rl on occasion. Can't remember if it was from TWOP or alt/showbiz/gossip on usenet. The beauty of those is that they seemed to occur organically and because they were so perfect they were embraced and used regularly as opposed to some  deliberate malapropisms that some influencers introduce on sm to try to make them "a thing".

I don't know who described Memphis' attempts at communicating as "caveman talk" but I think it's perfect, however, I hope she is the last person to do it so it won't be necessary. Now that I think about it I wonder if Memphis used  "caveman talk" with her kids and if they speak that way as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Looks like she always wears wigs ...most likely be another wig if she’s gone blonde.

Yaas. It appeared to me that she had at least two different wigs when visiting Hamza, Mother Hamza, and sister Hamza.. To my eye there were different lengths of ombre (roots) visible in the scenes.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

When I was little and I wanted to pretend I had long, luxuriant hair, I would plop one of these on top of my head and pose in front of the bathroom mirror: image.png.756b452d964ad99a61af50e66375079f.png

Memphis could do a lot worse. And has.

Me and my sisters used long slips for long hair.   HA!

• LOL 7
On 2/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, Tuneful said:

This is the one couple I mute (and FF when it is available), keeping a book handy, because I cannot take her voice and attitude. 

I get what you mean.  Is Memphis related to those from The Family Chantel?  Her voice is so similar to them.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Jumping to last night, Memphis was SO insistent on a prenup to protect her assets (what assets?  I think she lives in an apartment and only wants to build a house "one day").  Yet she went to Tunisia to marry this guy who can't speak English, has no qualms about sexting with strangers over the Internet, is unemployed (and will remain so for the foreseeable future), and whose qualities as a stepfather are completely unknown.  I think the kids need a prenup from her.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Jumping to last night, Memphis was SO insistent on a prenup to protect her assets (what assets?  I think she lives in an apartment and only wants to build a house "one day").  Yet she went to Tunisia to marry this guy who can't speak English, has no qualms about sexting with strangers over the Internet, is unemployed (and will remain so for the foreseeable future), and whose qualities as a stepfather are completely unknown.  I think the kids need a prenup from her.

I just hope she understands the culture.  Hamza has been coddled by his mother & sister for his entire life, and I believe that they expect a wife to take over that job.  Memphis doesn't seem to be one to expect no help with the house or kids.  A rude awakening is due for both of them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Her big boobies? 

She can’t get a pre-nush for a house she doesn’t even own. Yet. I can see one for maybe expensive jewelry, sports or other entertainment memorabilia. Or she has a massive album or other music collection.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

he can’t get a pre-nush for a house she doesn’t even own. Yet. I can see one for maybe expensive jewelry, sports or other entertainment memorabilia. Or she has a massive album or other music collection.

She doesn't have shit. She hopes to one day have something a guy could potentially want.....and perhaps she has a retirement fund. That absolutely she should protect. Just another way to make herself feel bougie

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

As a single person who owns a home, I had to sign a dower document attesting that I am single. If I get married or a guy moves in, after X time, he can get part of my home. I think I would need to get him to sign a legal document so he gets nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, Kath94 said:

Hamza has been coddled by his mother & sister for his entire life, and I believe that they expect a wife to take over that job. 

She’ll need a stool to be able to comb Hazmat’s hair the way his mother did.

• LOL 4
On 3/15/2022 at 11:35 AM, Stuckathome said:

She doesn't have shit. She hopes to one day have something a guy could potentially want.....and perhaps she has a retirement fund. That absolutely she should protect. Just another way to make herself feel bougie

I was wondering if he should be concerned not her. She could have lots of student debt? She just talked about failing the boards which was 2020 so she could have lots of student debt from 6 or more years of schooling. Other 90 day cast have been surprised about how much school costs in the US (or wonder why people do not just take the community college/transfer to state college route) and go to much more expensive schools. 

On 3/15/2022 at 12:03 PM, Frozendiva said:

As a single person who owns a home, I had to sign a dower document attesting that I am single. If I get married or a guy moves in, after X time, he can get part of my home. I think I would need to get him to sign a legal document so he gets nothing.

I was married when my husband and I bought a house. I was going through a serious rare  medical issue, and was fighting the insurance because there were no options but out of network. I had seen our local HMO lien houses for premature babies or car accidents (not the persons fault). I did not have my name put on the house when we bought it. We had total separate credit. Years later my husband was a lucky a minor car accident and I realized I was not on the house. We had to go down and do a bunch of paperwork even though we were married the whole time and had a will. It might vary state to state. 

There was an interview with the lawyer who talked to Memphis about the pre-nup on her local news. He said he got an random email from TLC about appearing. He said there were so many factors that made it impossible to get a quick pre-nup. Hamza would need his own lawyer, and an interpter. The wedding was in another county. It would be a long process. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I am late in watching this episode and I have questions, Idiot Memphis wanted something to wear to her wedding that would be fitting for her traditional Tunisian themed wedding, what does that mean even mean? So she winds up with an Elvis, (the fat Elvis years), style pants suit?

Ella sits and cries about how she had to have sex with some guy (riiight, sure that happened), because Johnny won't risk getting Covid or quarantining for weeks while living (and supporting) his parents and his child.  Ella says she needs physical touch because of her insecurities...right there Ella, work on that before you lay your issues on someone.

Xcema is a cam girl and Mike met her doing her thing, he goes to Cucamunga to visit her and it is a miserable time and he proposes...he visits again, it is a miserable time and he wants to have sex, she relents and does it once and then tells him no more till they are married, he hears the word, "marry," and gets excited because he believes they have a future, ignoring the plain talking friend Nelcy's advice to go home the next day, all the while he is still paying Xylophone's bills.  My question is when does Xenon do her web cam work? 

Gino has some problems and I am not talking about Jasmine, he has a very flat affectation and does not seem to understand how to be empathetic when he sees someone upset.  That said, Jasmine knew what she was getting in Gino, not the sharpest tool in the shed but as long as the money kept flowing she would put up with it.  She tells Gino she is not a sugar baby but asked for money for cosmetic procedures and eye lash extensions and mani pedi's, not a sugar baby, sure Jan.

Benjamin is manipulating Mahogany, this is a classic move narcissists pull, he bombards her with texts about how he can tell she does not love him anymore and she changed, etc...so now he does not show up at breakfast or text her he is not coming so she texts him, just like he planned.  Now she will be paying attention to him and she does not even want to, he is good at his craft.  Also, no way Mahogs is a fitness model, those bikini photos we saw early on were either heavily filtered or it was someone else.

Usman and Not Lisa...oh for fuck's sake. Is berating, pestering and bribing someone with expensive gifts to have sex with you really satisfying?  Not Lisa is all salty over the SojaBoy necklace she had made and paid extra to get it made in a hurry, it is gold tone jewelry she spent more on the shipping than the actual necklace.  Is begging for dick her foreplay?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 3/15/2022 at 1:26 AM, Frozendiva said:

I can see one for maybe expensive jewelry, sports or other entertainment memorabilia. Or she has a massive album or other music collection.

Oh, like Kimbally! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I read that Memphis said the picture was her other son as a baby.      So, Hamza is not disputing he's the father of her third child, he's just commenting that the pictured kid isn't his kid.    Since Memphis is supposed to be on HEA with Hamza, I'm guessing the abuse and other rumors are to get more interest, and more TLC money. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

I paused the shot of the studio in the ad for the Tell All and it sure looks like Hamza has made it to the US, and in fact was the only foreign partner who wasn’t just on a remote screen. 

• Useful 6

So, why was Memphis so fired up to marry Hamza?  I didn’t see any real desire to be his wife.  She seemed extremely invested in marrying hIm, but that’s it.  Did TLC pay her a bonus to do it? 

• Love 3

If they get married, then they can bypass the original 90 day fiance, and go right to the Happily Ever After? ( I still call it never after), and maybe get more than one season.   I think the pay really goes up after their first season ends.  I bet the roster for the original show was already full, and HEA had openings.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet the roster for the original show was already full, and HEA had openings.  

Speaking of the Original 90DF ads that they're showing CONSTANTLY, I have to say the couples appear much more attractive than the usual participants. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/1/2022 at 9:19 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

Memphis was in Tunisia for what two weeks?

IIRC, she explained in the beginning that she was going there for three weeks, the first to "get to know" Hamza (when she really meant taking him for a sexual test drive) the second to plan and have the wedding and the third for the honeymoon. 

edited to add: why do I remember stupid details like this...

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

I'm wondering if Hamza thinks he can get his mother and sister to the U.S. quickly?      I've read it takes a long time, and it wouldn't be the first time that a participant failed to do any research, and just thought thinks would work out their way.   

• Love 2