Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Life After Lockup: Love at Second Inmate?

• Start Topic

Shawn awaits his new inmate's release; Amber fears the worst when Puppy goes M.I.A.; Brittany gets conned by a non-con; John surprises Kristianna; Ray has doubts when Britney's mom refuses to meet him.

Yes, beaver face Shawn has another inmate he has lied to.  He refuses to learn from past mistakes.  He is yet again both older and has more children than he shared with the next ex-con love of his life.  Let's see how she compares to the ray of sunshine that was Destinie. 

Brittany loses her investment in the dreamed of sober living center.  We all yet again try to figure out how Brittany and Marcellino have any money at all.  Has he become a more successful gambler?  Did she get a career?  Is it working with addicts or in real estate?  Do we care? 

Confirmed Indian John surprises gravel-voiced Kristianna.  Could it be time for wedding #2?  You know, one that doesn't take place in the back of a pick up truck in a random field and doesn't increase the risk that she miss her call time for the halfway house thereby ending up back in jail.  Are these crazy kids going to make it after all?  

Ray attempts to show the emotion of doubt when Britney's mom opts out of a meet and greet.  I'm sure Britney will handle it with much face scrunching.  Pending question - does Britney realize that if she marries Ray she could also be responsible for his restitution payments? 

Original air date 2021.09.03

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I've just watched the sneak preview and, oh, hell no!

Ray's family thinks Brittney should take on his $140,000+ felony debt just because? Because it's the same as if she had children with him and he would support them? Apples and oranges, people!

I think they are all grifters! It didn't take any of them more than one second to try to railroad her into this! And their acting as though she's the one who should be under scrutiny is ridiculous!

Edited by renatae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, renatae said:

Ray's family thinks Brittney should take on his $140,000+ felony debt just because? Because it's like as if she had children with him and he would support them? Apples and oranges, people!

I think they are all grifters! It didn't take any of them more than one second to try to railroad her into this! And their acting as though she's the one who should be under scrutiny is ridiculous!

Completely agree. I don't know the legal answer to that question but Brittany should find out before she marries Ray. And if Ray really gave a damn about her, he wouldn't want her to take on that responsibility. If she supports them and their living expenses, he can move through his restitution faster by working full time (or more) and using his salary to pay off his restitution.

• Love 8

Ray's family definitely sees him as the golden boy.  He's an ex-con with zero personality.  Their exaltation of him might be one of the things that prompted him to go for fast money by selling drugs.   They have such high expectations.  At the same time, he clearly failed and they refuse to see it.  Britney is a mess, but she deserves better than this loser.  Other than being conventionally attractive, what does he have going for him? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

That Bonnie and Clyde photo shoot has to be the most cringe-worthy thing since the wedding in the back of the pickup truck. I'd be afraid that his plan for a beautiful wedding would include being fired upon while fleeing the reception in his Bonnie and Clyde truck. And of course, the wedding dress would be a knockoff Pnina corset streetwalker gown.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, renatae said:

Ray's family thinks Brittney should take on his $140,000+ felony debt just because? Because it's like as if she had children with him and he would support them? Apples and oranges, people!

“A fool and their money are soon parted”!  That’s according to my grandma!  Lol

• LOL 3

Re Bonnie and Clyde is she preggers or just BIG?  She just doesn’t look like the blushing bride in the back of the pickup!

Re Sean is he the dumbest ever??!  He has no sense at all. 

Maurecio is in for a big surprise!

Where are you puppy?

• Love 2

Did Kristianna’s eyebrows always look like that?

It’s so sad to me when these peoples’ kids have more sense than their parents. It tells me they’ve seen too much.

I commend Brittany for trying to open a sober living facility, but she and her partner do not know thing one about business. That dude robbed them blind. When the cop was like “where’s the contract?” I was nodding. You put money in an account you then essentially gave up access to? When you’re a partner? Girl, what? Like, look at it the other way: what harm would it do to have their names on the account? What’s the argument against it?

I don’t care about Puppy but I’m glad amber is doing well and if this little non-storyline gets her a few bucks, cool.

I hate Shawn so much. “I hope it works out, I want to get laid.” UGH. His new lady is much prettier than Destiny. I think her “what I did” story is the bleakest we’ve seen, right?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I hate Shawn so much. “I hope it works out, I want to get laid.” UGH. His new lady is much prettier than Destiny. I think her “what I did” story is the bleakest we’ve seen, right?

Do we know what she did yet? 

Indian John's daughter is cute and smart. Go figure. 

Looks like Amber lost a lot of weight. I always thought she was so naturally pretty. I hope she stays clean. Forget Puppy, she's an addict. Her mom needs to face facts. 

I can't get past Brittneys wigs. So bad. 

Kristianna is perpetually depressed. She must be a joy to be around. 

No words for Shawn. He's punking us, right? 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Shawn's latest went to prison for Involuntary Manslaughter.  She sold heroin to someone who overdosed on it.  

She also helped them inject it.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Shawn's latest went to prison for Involuntary Manslaughter.  She sold heroin to someone who overdosed on it.  

I remember that. She also said she has something else awful to tell him, I guess we won't find out until next episode. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I remember that. She also said she has something else awful to tell him, I guess we won't find out until next episode. 

I’m guessing she has a kid.

• Love 6

I want to rip on the Bonnie and Clyde comparison but millions of morons compare themselves to Romeo and Juliet.

Someone should tell Shawn that in most states having a cocktail in the passenger compartment is a criminal offense.  Is he trying to get her parole revoked already?  Amber and Puppy did this too.  Did Shawn want corn field sex because he likes to stick it in her ear?  Does Shawn think if he moves out of state he can avoid child support (there is interstate reciprocity, loser).  

Is Queenie related to Seal?  Does she shop at the Gap? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

The most interesting thing about the Brittney/Marcelino storyline was how committed that police officer was to his gum.  Everytime I thought he had just swallowed it, he was start chewing again, he really got his moneys worth out of that stick of Juicy Fruit.  

Either way, I can see why everyone thinks its fake.  The story doesn't even make sense.  Yes, maybe no one wants to contract with YOU, as an ex-felon, but that doesn't mean that you and the other investors cannot contract separately with Robert.  

This sounds like one of those cautionary tales ripped from an episode of American Greed.  Right along with the malcontent who claims to have worked for the Pentagon but wants to open a rehab facility?

I also call big 'ol bullshit on "realtor" Brittney not knowing more about securing a location.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
On 9/3/2021 at 8:40 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Ray's family definitely sees him as the golden boy.  He's an ex-con with zero personality.  Their exaltation of him might be one of the things that prompted him to go for fast money by selling drugs.   They have such high expectations.  At the same time, he clearly failed and they refuse to see it.  Britney is a mess, but she deserves better than this loser.  Other than being conventionally attractive, what does he have going for him? 

First off, that entire family is delusional, starting with auntie in that crop top half shirt.  Girl, no, that is the wardrobe equivalent of gold lipstick.  

Second, sadly, this is all Brittney seemed to want....that and some babies.  I'm guessing $15 an hour is a really good wage in Texas?  A company I was working for years ago once moved from California to Texas and I remember having a company wide presentation so they could explain to us how cutting our California wages by 30% was somehow really like a 50% raise in Texas money.  I didn't go for it, but I feel like $15/hour here is pretty much minimum wage but may be great Texas money.  

Third, while Ray seems like a nice enough guy, he never seems particularly into Brittney.  Even jobless Steve Urkel doppleganger Quaylon found women to mess around with.  Ray is reasonably well spoken, attractive and has a job.  I'd be surprised if he stuck around. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Say what you will about Shawn’s newest victim inmate girlfriend, at least she didn't have the bad sense to have her prison sexual conquests’ names tattooed on her neck and chest. 

Is she missing a front tooth or is that that other one?  It’s all becoming a blur but somebody’s missing a front tooth!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Say what you will about Shawn’s newest victim inmate girlfriend, at least she didn't have the bad sense to have her prison sexual conquests’ names tattooed on her neck and chest. 

It's probably on her butt. At least Shawn hasn't picked another wolverine to glom onto. She looks more like a cute bunny but Shawn should be aware that bunnies can be deceiving -- they fight hard. I think the reason Shawn keeps going for prisoners is because he is such a loser (both in looks and personality) that he can't hope to find younger kind of attractive women in the free world. Women with better choices would not choose him.  I don't know what terrible traumatic past prompted Kelly to choose him and father six children with him but it must be awful. Unless he has a lot of money it makes no sense.

Ray's family sure was selling him hard.  And their insistence that his restitution was now Brittney's problem because it proves that she is all in and loves him was something else. Brittney seems to be clear on how it is not her responsibility and I hope she stands firm on that. Ray is handsome enough to find someone else so I am wondering if the whole point of choosing Brittney is a family plan to find some stupid woman to pay his restitution for him. He doesn't really seem that into her and when he brought up the restitution it was in that weird pouty way that said to me, 'Oh baby I want marriage and babies with you but there's this darned restitution. What to do? What to do?' And then his family really pile on with it. It all seems very calculated to me.

Think for a moment about the bedroom scene with Lacey. She gets all sexed up and they are in bed and she tries to get him to make love to her. With the film crew there. Seriously. Are we supposed to take this at all seriously?  Scenes like that let us see how ridiculously scripted all of this actually is. If we ever forget.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Think for a moment about the bedroom scene with Lacey. She gets all sexed up and they are in bed and she tries to get him to make love to her. With the film crew there. Seriously. Are we supposed to take this at all seriously?  Scenes like that let us see how ridiculously scripted all of this actually is. If we ever forget.

Lacey needed a storyline for this new season so she and the producers settled on Chon(?) not wanting to have sex with her and her overactive libido. In reality, nothing to see here, all bogus bullshit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Lacey needed a storyline for this new season so she and the producers settled on Chon(?) not wanting to have sex with her and her overactive libido. In reality, nothing to see here, all bogus bullshit.

Agreed!! Agreed!! Agreed!! I felt the exact same thing.

• Love 3

Is there a bigger idiot in the world than Shawn?  Is there?  He is 1000% pure reality tv comedy gold...  but how sad and embarrassed must his ex and kids feel watching him on this show?  Whoever said he only does this because no decent woman without a criminal record would touch him with a ten-foot pole.  I cannot wait until they both find out the lies they've been telling each other. Shawn deserves every single lie coming his way.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Is there a bigger idiot in the world than Shawn?  Is there?  He is 1000% pure reality tv comedy gold...  but how sad and embarrassed must his ex and kids feel watching him on this show?  Whoever said he only does this because no decent woman without a criminal record would touch him with a ten-foot pole.  I cannot wait until they both find out the lies they've been telling each other. Shawn deserves every single lie coming his way.

Sadly, Kelly, who stayed with him for 16 years and is still letting him off the hook for child support.  

But, I too,wait with baited breath for Shawn to be indignantly outraged at being lied to.  

3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Where did Shawn find dragonfruit in BFE Ohio?

I'm always disappointed in dragonfruit.  I end up getting it like once a year because it looks so beautiful that I assume its going to be bursting with flavor.  I eat it and it has none.  

And then I forget and the next year I'm like "gosh its so pretty, I bet dragonfruit is just so flavorful and delicious!" Rinse, repeat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Think for a moment about the bedroom scene with Lacey. She gets all sexed up and they are in bed and she tries to get him to make love to her. With the film crew there.

Considering that they have sex on camera regularly for her cam page, I doubt that was a limiting factor. 😜 🍆 😎

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
On 9/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

It's probably on her butt. At least Shawn hasn't picked another wolverine to glom onto. She looks more like a cute bunny but Shawn should be aware that bunnies can be deceiving -- they fight hard. I think the reason Shawn keeps going for prisoners is because he is such a loser (both in looks and personality) that he can't hope to find younger kind of attractive women in the free world. Women with better choices would not choose him.  I don't know what terrible traumatic past prompted Kelly to choose him and father six children with him but it must be awful. Unless he has a lot of money it makes no sense.

Ray's family sure was selling him hard.  And their insistence that his restitution was now Brittney's problem because it proves that she is all in and loves him was something else. Brittney seems to be clear on how it is not her responsibility and I hope she stands firm on that. Ray is handsome enough to find someone else so I am wondering if the whole point of choosing Brittney is a family plan to find some stupid woman to pay his restitution for him. He doesn't really seem that into her and when he brought up the restitution it was in that weird pouty way that said to me, 'Oh baby I want marriage and babies with you but there's this darned restitution. What to do? What to do?' And then his family really pile on with it. It all seems very calculated to me.

Brittney had better follow the example of Love and Hip Hop's Yandy. She loves Mendeecees to death but she did not legalize either of their wedding ceremonies because she has absolutely no intention of paying restitution for a crime she did not commit. She did the time (figuratively) while waiting for him to complete his prison term but she's not paying a dime. Smart move. Ray's family knows it will take him forever to pay that amount and they just don't want it coming out of their pockets. 

• Love 3
On 9/6/2021 at 1:08 AM, RealReality said:

I'm always disappointed in dragonfruit.  I end up getting it like once a year because it looks so beautiful that I assume its going to be bursting with flavor.  I eat it and it has none.  

And then I forget and the next year I'm like "gosh its so pretty, I bet dragonfruit is just so flavorful and delicious!" Rinse, repeat. 

Same!  It’s deceiving, usually nature makes the color/flavor match up.  Try the dragon drink at Starbucks.  It has all of the flavor that I always wish the actual fruit has.  I know it’s fake but it’s delicious.

14 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Ugh, why is Shawn still on my TV?

I don’t know about you but I find him getting dumped, duped, embarrassed, etc highly entertaining!  He’s ultimate cringe.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t know about you but I find him getting dumped, duped, embarrassed, etc highly entertaining!  He’s ultimate cringe.

Even better, apparently he left his good-paying job with benefits that included a 401K plan...and now he's in a new state and UNEMPLOYED!!

Well...except for his TLC star status.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4