Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Meth Ice, the ex, got to Guillermo at the high school reunion.  The boy is complaining about Kara's being in control.

They need to discuss the open bar/liquor budget for the wedding reception.  Kara's going to drink everyone under the table.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Take the money you'd spend for a wedding and buy a nice computer, a car, a down payment for a small condo, a nice honeymoon. A big wedding is one day, I'd skip it especially with these two, I don't think this relationship will last when he gets a backbone or comes out.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

My daughter is getting married next Saturday so watching this conversation between Emily and her parents is funny to me.  Clearly we have different perspectives.

Congrats!! 

• Applause 3
  • Love 4

Oh, never fear, my snarky darlings. These scenes are from the Sharp productions playbook and have no bearing on anything. "Wedding dress shopping" "tour wedding venue" "Father demands that fiance step up and provide". Yawn. 

Danielle. You did NOT bring Guillermo to the venue to make him happy. You brought him to put him in his place. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, OneGuy said:

That venue pricing is one set of options.  Kara isn't showing him the wide variety of wedding choices, including the Vegas Elvis venue and service.

Yes, there's so many options that don't involve an overpriced barn.

I've said it before, but these people need to elope. And I don't mean go to vegas, I mean get married in a national park or forest. It's beautiful, it will make Guillermo cry, but it won't cost 10k.  

What stays after the wedding is the photos and you won't get better photos than at a mountain overlook in the Smokies or the Blue Ridge or Zion, etc. Puts a barn to shame. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, rideashire said:

"This is something you remember the rest of your life."

Nah, not really. It will be a blur but you'll remember that bill for damn sure. 

I still remember my first. And the divorce and then the second ditto. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
Just now, Straycat80 said:

I love a mama’s boy show looks disgusting. Hard pass. 

season 1 was funny.

Now i think its more TLC scripted.

1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I still remember my first. And the divorce and then the second ditto. 

Goddamn. I wish i can smack my past self into not having a large wedding.

The divorce was just as expensive.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, rideashire said:

"This is something you remember the rest of your life."

Nah, not really. It will be a blur but you'll remember that bill for damn sure. 

Preach!

In those "If you could live your life over" questions, I would definitely skip the dream wedding. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Guillermo I have an idea.  Get married here in the US in court  and have the reception in DR.  It is going to be cheaper.

They're just angling for a second season, with the famous "second wedding in foreign fiance's home country" plot line. Yawn.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just got here and am wondering if it was worth it to tune in. Well it might not be!but all of you are! 

We are all aware that we are doing it for all of us but not for the show.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, rideashire said:

I've said it before, but these people need to elope. And I don't mean go to vegas, I mean get married in a national park or forest. It's beautiful, it will make Guillermo cry, but it won't cost 10k. 

Remember Chelsea and Yamir? They had a lovely outdoor wedding that was definitely not a big splashy expensive affair. And it was very sweet. 

• Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

"In his culture, when you get in a fight, you have to talk about it. At least, once you wake up from your coma".

Jibri. DAVEED is the one who's not ready for this relationship. Wake. Up. 

I agree but she is pretty awful…not that he isn’t 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Remember Chelsea and Yamir? They had a lovely outdoor wedding that was definitely not a big splashy expensive affair. And it was very sweet. 

You remember who also had a lovely outdoor wedding during the perpetual year of Ramadan? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Those two seemed made for each other.  It made me sad when I heard they got divorced.  

• Sad 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I thought he said she was hanging out with his cousin and Brandy? 

Yeah, he said "my cousin and bandmate Brandy" and I thought that was all referring to the same person?  And we didn't see anyone else in the dress shopping scene.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, hula-la said:

You’re Canadian, right? It’s on Slice. 

I am thanks! I thought I saw it on one of my streaming services but I don’t think I get slice. I have Netflix, Prime, basic Bell streaming, Disney plus and Apple 

• Love 2