Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Mike, think about this, you are unemployed, you live with your father and grandfather, you think you will be bringing Excema and her two kids to the US and you are all going to live in that house, can you really afford another kid, you don't have room in the house or in your budget.

• Love 10
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

Mike, think about this, you are unemployed, you live with your father and grandfather, you think you will be bringing Excema and her two kids to the US and you are all going to live in that house, can you really afford another kid, you don't have room in the house or in your budget.

But love?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I can see it happening if she was in her mid-30s.

Are we thinking Ximena isn't 25??

And... they're off!!  Gino really impressed old whatsherface's thinking about his wardrobe!!  She's gonna have to backpedal like crazy when her friend shows up!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Mike is employed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think there's something like "traditional values". And of course "my kids are my world" 

See, and I don't like the my kids are my world line.  Sure, they are a big part of my life  but even when they were in school I had work, friends, a social life, hobbies, etc.

• Love 7
Just now, seasons said:

But sterilization is also considered mutilation, I think? Maybe even for medical reasons.

Confusing.

Catholic teaching permits medical treatment that causes sterility as an unintended side effect.

Depending on the laws, birth control may not be legal for unmarried women, like it was in the US for many years and may again. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, seasons said:

But sterilization is also considered mutilation, I think? Maybe even for medical reasons.

Confusing.

Maybe she's lying because she just doesn't want to be obligated to have a third child by a man she doesn't love?  Or like...she's still obsessed with her second kid's jailbird dad and wants to somehow stay "true" to him by not starting another family?  That's my theory, anyway.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8

I'm soo weirded out by Gino's hat.  We live in wonderful times, if men lose their hair, the chromedome look is not only acceptable, it's a bold statement.  I try full on shaved head chromedome now and then, but it's a lot of maintenance.

UPDATE:  sorry my comment is out of time, I'm multitasking tonight.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Catholic teaching permits medical treatment that causes sterility as an unintended side effect.

Depending on the laws, birth control may not be legal for unmarried women, like it was in the US for many years and may again. 

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-dec-12-la-fg-colombia-birth-control-20101212-story.html

Things are changing thank goodness 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

Maybe she's lying because she just doesn't want to be obligated to have a third child by a man she doesn't love?  Or like...she's still obsessed with her second kid's jailbird dad and wants to somehow stay "true" to him by not starting another family?  That's my theory, anyway.

Ohhh…I think your right.  She is saving her uterus for the jailbird boyfriend!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

I'm soo weirded out by Gino's hat.  We live in wonderful times, if men lose their hair, the chromedome look is not only acceptable, it's a bold statement.  I try full on shaved head chromedome now and then, but it's a lot of maintenance.

On another thread it was rumored that

Spoiler

He uses the hat to cover surgical scars.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Excema!!!!

Just now, Frozendiva said:

Jasmine, get used to the ugly shoes.

And all of the other ugly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I'm shocked that they performed that surgery on a young woman.

Gynecological care in Columbia is very different than North America. Catholicism is a huge influence, making obtaining birth control as an unmarried woman complicated, and I doubt there is much counseling or consideration of emotional factors when performing tubal ligation.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
Just now, EtheltoTillie said:

Gino’s shoes are so dorky. 

Yes! 

I do feel a bit for jasmine because it irks me when a guy dresses weird or lazy.

My friends and I used to joke about always checking out a guy's shoes.

And there are so many cool options for guys today.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Nice one!

Hardly original, I freely confess I stole it. My dad was a great one for wordplay and puns, I probably got it from him. 

3 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

My husband shaves his head and it looks great. A hell of a lot better than his greying, balding head. 

• Love 5