Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I see I'm not the only one who's had a death in the family this week.  My best friend and sister died 5/6 early in the morning.  I've been staggering around all the last week.  Funeral was Thursday 5/11 and burial was 5/12.  Somehow, I managed to read a couple of scriptures and said a prayer at the cemetery.

Been watching the reunion and it seems like Mackmoud is being a genuine DICK!  Or is it just me?

• Hugs 15
  • Sad 5
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I hope that you and Baltimore Betty come back for another show...something to do with bariatric surgery or popping pimples...I wish Steve Harvey would resurrect Family Feud! 

I´m on the spectrum, btw. 

Maybe we could start a live chat on Pimple Popper?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, goofygirl said:

I see I'm not the only one who's had a death in the family this week.  My best friend and sister died 5/6 early in the morning.  I've been staggering around all the last week.  Funeral was Thursday 5/11 and burial was 5/12.  Somehow, I managed to read a couple of scriptures and said a prayer at the cemetery.

Been watching the reunion and it seems like Mackmoud is being a genuine DICK!  Or is it just me?

I am so sorry! What a hard thing to face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I just finished watching Jewish Matchmaking and even within the Jewish population, it is important to find someone who is equally religious (or not).

I dated a Jewish man in University..we were friends for years and I really loved him but  I am not Jewish so his family wasn’t on board. We split….it broke my heart but I get it. In that faith the woman dictates the faith of the children. Even if I offered to convert ( I was willing to do this and all the work that went with it) they were so devoted that they would not consider me Jewish unless I was born into the faith.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, endure said:

I'm pretty sure I'm with you, there's so many good shows to watch, the downside is they aren't snark worthy.... there in lies the dilemma eh?

We have to sadly experience snark withdrawal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I just finished watching Jewish Matchmaking and even within the Jewish population, it is important to find someone who is equally religious (or not).

When I started dating after my divorce I joined JDate, if a guy kept kosher I would not even contact them or meet up for coffee or whatever, I do not keep kosher or attend services on Shabbot, it would not be a match for me. I met and married a guy who is in line with my level of religion, it is much easier to be on the same page. That said, I light candles on Friday nights and observe the high holidays but I know limits/tolorance if someone was forcing me to be more observant.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

And we end on the first flounce of the night! 

Good nigh, my peeps. Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and comforting words. I love my Primetimer peeps. 

See you die hards tomorrow night for Idiots in Paradise. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Yeah, we saw that picture you painted, it was worth about $10.

Gabe's idea to sell paintings to tourists was not a bad one though. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

So sorry for all you have lost in such a short time, this is a very difficult time, take care 💗🕊️🙏🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Alright, you all, that was virtually nothing but I still had a good time because you guys along with Debbie were in the house! Hooking Julian up with Jen would be an even better watching experience than the slog we just went through.

I will see you all tomorrow around the forums! I will be back in my usual spot. Don’t be a dog, y’all. And speaking of dogs, we have to potentially deal with Dogface Escott…

Peace out. ✌️ image.thumb.jpeg.5ef8d207d82bd6bccc14737d88bbe7f6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

You guys are my constant, as in constantly entertaining. Which is much more than I can say about the onscreen proceedings. Have a wonderful week and enjoy the springtime! I walk my dog in an old apple orchard and all the blooms are out. We’re surrounded by pink blossoms and a fragrant breeze. Back here tomorrow for Paradise. Bye, all.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, tvrox said:

Gabe's idea to sell paintings to tourists was not a bad one though. 

So obviously Osama got a ton of exposure from the show for his artwork and his poetry - just wondering if he has made his fortune?

Edited by endure
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Alright, you all, that was virtually nothing but I still had a good time because you guys along with Debbie were in the house! Hooking Julian up with Jen would be an even better watching experience than the slog we just went through.

I will see you all tomorrow around the forums! I will be back in my usual spot. Don’t be a dog, y’all. And speaking of dogs, we have to potentially deal with Dogface Escott…

Peace out. ✌️ image.thumb.jpeg.5ef8d207d82bd6bccc14737d88bbe7f6.jpeg

Good lord dough boy couldn’t even handle a shop lifter…he would probably use excess force if Pillsbury could catch them, good night all!!

• LOL 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I wish Steve Harvey would resurrect Family Feud! 

It’s on the Game Show Network practically 24/7

right now instead of Match Me a Broad 

IMG_4497.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2

Wow... that was quick. Maybe I should always wait until the last half hour to join in...

Nah... there too much to catch up on,  here on the forum anyway, not so much on the show.

See y'all next week. 🙏🏿❤️☮️

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I'm so sorry. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I dated a Jewish man in University..we were friends for years and I really loved him but  I am not Jewish so his family wasn’t on board. We split….it broke my heart but I get it. In that faith the woman dictates the faith of the children. Even if I offered to convert ( I was willing to do this and all the work that went with it) they were so devoted that they would not consider me Jewish unless I was born into the faith.

Please.  I dated an Italian guy (him Catholic,  me Orthodox).  His parents were not on board with him marrying me unless I converted. 

• Hugs 4
10 minutes ago, endure said:

Ice cream time!  Enjoy the week - might see yas in Paradise, if I can remember ha ha.  Where is Frozen Diva???

Just got home from a family thing. I mentioned I had a family dinner in one of the threads,

• Like 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, endure said:

Where is Frozen Diva???

She said after the First Look she had a family thing tonight and wouldn’t be here 

JINX! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

She said after the First Look she had a family thing tonight and wouldn’t be here 

Mother’s Day bbq at my cousin’s. I got a lot of grief some years when I could not attend. It is just another day for me, but I don’t have to cook.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Please.  I dated an Italian guy (him Catholic,  me Orthodox).  His parents were not on board with him marrying me unless I converted. 

I am sorry that happened! I’m Roman Catholic…I married a Presbyterian. Non denominational wedding. My aunt said I wasn’t really married and I am living in sin…my mom told her to piss off…good times 😂 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Gabe wore out his welcome tonight by 20 minutes in. 

Great makeup and hair work on Jen tonight.

I liked the doses of reality from Debbie's son. I wish I had a brother, husband, or father like that; mine were/are the opposite. Just wish someone had delivered some reality about living on art or poetry in the U.S. People I know who have such a vocation do something else to earn their living. Julian knows his mother won't cut the cord. How old is he? I think Jen's too old for him. She needs to look for a guy close to her age with a stable career.  

Was it Rishi or Mockmood--one of them had some kind of sculpture in a chair in the background (right side in our view) was just like the figure in the basement in "Psycho." Shiver!

Kris's hair is orange and she looks really sloppy. I'd go natural rather than be a pumpkin head with my roots out. I think she's using, if she ever stopped. 

I tried the Match Me Abroad show. I could relate to people talking about dating being tough, even broken, in the U.S. I'm not sure it's any better elsewhere, though. Susan is extra and got on my nerves. I think her friend (who's also single) was more attractive (naturally) and likeable. 

I never see these folks aware of the fact that once they bring the foreign fiance over, if they marry them, they will be under pressure to bring the rest of the family over and support them as well. Daniele gets points for seeing this early on.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

mamood is talking about having children, isn't she 41?   That boat has pretty much sailed.

He probably never asked her age and surely he knows nothing about the female reproductive system.... he would NEVER go there.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Let's see, Oussama paints pictures of aliens which look like a 6 year old's attempts, and he thinks he needs someone to understand his extreme angst and soul crushing perspective?

OK.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thanks for all your kind words, friends! Please send love and healing vibes to my brother, who took amazing care of his partner of almost forty years. He's so sad. 

Sorry for your loss and for your families, losing a dearly loved spouse is one of the worst things to endure 💗💗💗

• Hugs 5
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Mackmoud has a shit ass temper.

His whole face and body get distorted, you just know he is out of control. I thought he was going to fall backwards trying to make his dramatic exit.  Other times he will try to shrug it off and pretend he's cool but you can tell he's seething.

images.jpeg.1a102a70100fd43de337b94644a85ed5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

True. They're usually sad, thrown together half hearted attempts in some shitty park or someone's back yard. This looked like an actual, you know, celebration.

Another notable/beautiful exception was Kenny & Armando’s wedding 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

She wants Johan to change, as any reasonable person does when they enter into the married state. You pick your mark and then expect them to change, right? She is so full of shit and I cannot believe her self righteous twaddle. 

"Miss Debbie" refers to herself in the third person. Yikes.

I read that as her “self righteous waddle.”  

• LOL 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

It’s on the Game Show Network practically 24/7

right now instead of Match Me a Broad 

IMG_4497.jpeg

Where I live, the local Fox channel shows a full hour in the morning of recent reruns, and after Judge Judy for two hours, they show another hour of the new Family Feud shows.    It all depends what the local channels pick up out of syndication.     Maybe this fall when so many shows go bye-bye, they'll pick up Steve.'s show again.  

I didn't like Gabe attacking Mahmoud for wanting to raise his kids in his religion.    It's what so many people consider a vital part of raising children.  

Gabe apparently thinks the way Jabri acted at his season's tell nothing, was the way to act.  However, that didn't work out for that couple, and I don't think it's making Gabe popular with the viewers. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3