Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Oh puhleeze. Razvan just isn’t what you want or who you expected. Find yourself another older dude who will pay your way and keep you in Botox. 

Also Razvan? You are not that good an actor because you clearly are more upset about losing your ticket to America than losing Amanda.

I dunno, I believe Razvan is not acting … he’s genuinely upset. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Did Janelle and Christine are color coordinated. Did they decide that black and purple are their team colors? The Ex-Wives.

Signifying the bruises that they want to inflict on Kody 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Freelancer, we still will use her for smaller projects. This one was little above her experience level as what I got back is not functioning at all the way it should. I think she thought it was easier than it is and once she for into realized this and stalled for time. We use her for other things so I trusted her.

@Suzywriter I am fine to pay her for the time she spent on it but she didn’t deliver what we needed. 

In that case it's easier. Just have coffee with her and tell her you understand that she's eager and ambitious but its important to moderate her ambition by being realistic. Its one thing to say "I want to do what you do", its another to put your money where your mouth is and deliver the goods. Suggest additional training, or suggest that she spend some time with more experienced folks who can mentor. No one will think less of her for having a clear understanding of what her limits are. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh dear. I had a friend in a similar situation and it ended…badly. Try to meet in public and maintain the close friendship you have.

Oh dear. Been there as far as opportunities, and I understand loneliness. Looking back I suggest not meeting up again with him in person (just be "busy right now"), not saying anything in correspondence you wouldn't want his wife to read (hopefully he can perceive if you are backing off), and saying on the phone if he calls and gets personal, "I value you as a friend but I don't get involved with married men." Don't debate it. 

Take my advice or leave it. Good luck. I don't even date separated men. Divorced and out for awhile, okay I'll consider.     

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Just now, Bees52 said:

Hey, so did y'all know that it's pumpkin spice EVERYTHING season again? Dunkin and Starbucks let us know!

I kinda love it, been making myself ice cold brew with pumpkin spice since last week.

I think Amanda is way too freshly widowed to have begun any sort of relationship, especially with 2 young children. Usually, in the first year or 2 of losing a spouse, you are trying to get your bearings, you are grieving 24/7 whether you are aware of it or not, most are, and it's never a good time to make hugely important changes.  I realize everyone grieves in their own personal way but trying to form a new relationship so soon after losing a spouse is not the best choice.  It's not good for the griever or the one they try to have a relationship with.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Tuneful said:

Oh dear. Been there. I understand loneliness. Looking back I suggest not meeting up again with him in person (just be "busy right now"), not saying anything in correspondence you wouldn't want his wife to read (he should pick up if you are backing off), and saying on the phone if he calls, "I value you as a friend but I don't get involved with married men. I need some distance."

Take my advice or leave it. I wish you luck in deciding.    

This is good - agree with all of it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

What do you want out of this... sex or for him to leave his wife? If just sex that's taboo then fine, otherwise married men will cheat with anyone willing, it's not the flattery to might think it is.

Does he have small children because sex is easy to get anywhere if you a 2 and female with working body parts, not worth ruining a family.

I want a friend around and to end this dry spell.  He and his wife have a long term  snarky, antagonistic relationship, but they both have too much to lose financially and socially to divorce. The kids are 40 and 31 and everybody is married or careered up.

I'm considering it because I need to prime the pump. I tend to be invisible; 3 years without a date, 4 years divorced from the swivel-eyed dick that I married in 2013.  I'm thinking this will be fun, and he lives 300 miles away so won't be dropping in. 

As for his wife, we know each other. She's...difficult. I'm not just taking his word for it. I wouldn't consider someone who had a nice wife at home who would be hurt.  If I'm in his state, he, maybe some other friends and I get together for dinner or drinks. Wife chooses not to come. 

BTW, we met in the 5th grade, so we've known each other casually for what, 52 years? 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

Do you suppose the sex was so bad, it snapped Amanda out of her little crush?

Wait, did they finally do it?! What happened to Amanda’s 90 Day menses? I’ve purposely missed some episodes.

• LOL 2
Just now, charmed1 said:

Wait, did they finally do it?! What happened to Amanda’s 90 Day menses? I’ve purposely missed some episodes.

They did it at least once.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
Just now, LEILANI2 said:

I kinda love it, been making myself ice cold brew with pumpkin spice since last week.

Lol I'm just as bad. I can't stop eating pumpkin  spice Oreos, lately. So good.

David and Sheila are sweet right now. I hope she says yes.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

You all are stronger than I am to stay the course tonight. Maybe I'll watch Pillow Talk on demand to get the highlights or lowlights.

We've been seeing the exact same s**t from Gino and Jasmine for, what, 3 years? And the typical 90D story about GFs in Asia and American guys. Sharp needs some new script writers.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
10 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I have never watched a second of Sister Wives, but that whiny man’s weave intrigues me.

I've been watching off and on for YEARS, believe me, just from seeing the commercials you know everything that's happened. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I want a friend around and to end this dry spell.  He and his wife have a long term  snarky, antagonistic relationship, but they both have too much to lose financially and socially to divorce. The kids are 40 and 31 and everybody is married or careered up.

I'm considering it because I need to prime the pump. I tend to be invisible; 3 years without a date, 4 years divorced from the swivel-eyed dick that I married in 2013.  I'm thinking this will be fun, and he lives 300 miles away so won't be dropping in. 

As for his wife, we know each other. She's...difficult. I'm not just taking his word for it. I wouldn't consider someone who had a nice wife at home who would be hurt.  If I'm in his state, he, maybe some other friends and I get together for dinner or drinks. Wife chooses not to come. 

BTW, we met in the 5th grade, so we've known each other casually for what, 52 years? 

You’re an adult. I’ll trust your judgment.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

how is it different from Pole and Karine? Neither spoke the other's language?

I imagine learning to sign in what is not your first language would be more difficult.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

Oh Sheila, spelling each word is not using sign language.  David needs to find someone who signs, or is deaf themselves.

I don't know...she could talk to herself incessantly and sing off key, and wouldn't drive him nuts. I speak from experience, that would be a really good perk. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Gobi said:

I imagine learning to sign in what is not your first language would be more difficult.

Isn't it the same when someone who speaks English tries to learn Mandarin or someone who speaks Russian tries to learn English?

Languages are hard. 

• Like 4
Just now, greekmom said:

Isn't it the same when someone who speaks English tries to learn Mandarin or someone who speaks Russian tries to learn English?

Languages are hard. 

But she has to double translate.  Think of the word in English and then think of how to sign it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2